Thread: East Media Entertainment (ATV)

Default East Media Entertainment (ATV)

Did East Media, the sub company of Taiseng and ATV distributor closed down? I can no longer find their weekly drama series on DVD rental.

If yes, GOOD FOR THEM.

They ruin the image of ATV for the last 20 years and cheat customers and video store by filing for bankcrupcy and changing names.

Default i hope so too !!!

sorry, i don't know if that's true, but i hope so because i recently
    bought the "young dowager" tv series dvd (15 disc boxset) and the quality was horrible. The picture was so pixellated or snowy that i had to watch it on
    on my computer's 15 inch monitor instead of my standard 35 inch TV to see the actress/actor face more clearly. i will never buy another east media product again !!!!

Last edited by jungjen; 11-26-08 at 03:38 PM. Reason: need to be more specific

Quote Originally Posted by jungjen View Post
    sorry, i don't know if that's true, but i hope so because i recently
    bought the "young dowager" tv series dvd (15 disc boxset) and the quality was horrible. The picture was so pixellated or snowy that i had to watch it on
    on my computer's 15 inch monitor instead of my standard 35 inch TV to see the actress/actor face more clearly. i will never buy another east media product again !!!!
    The new version from Taiseng just came out. FYI, the Taiseng version (the cover has a ATV logo on the left and East Media logo on the right) just came out. You should have purchase that one instead of the East Media/Asiaview one.

I bought many ATV series (Vietnamese language) that released by East Media Entertainment. The picture quality is good and in full version. The only bad thing is they don't have chapter selection, scene selection like series released by TaiSeng. When you hit the skip button, it skips the whole episode. It's a bit inconvience but still at least they don't their series like Asiaview Entertainment. Perhap the bad picture quality is due to old series. I think East Media Entertainment is good, but not as good as TaiSeng.