Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Little Nyonya 小娘惹

u can visit to www.shilianglim.wordpress.com to download TLN theme n subtheme song as well as other Mediacorp Drama Songs..

Quote Originally Posted by shiliang View Post
    u can visit to www.shilianglim.wordpress.com to download TLN theme n subtheme song as well as other Mediacorp Drama Songs..
    I presume you must have gotten a fair number of hits from my previous post.

I read from I-Weekly that TVB has bought the rights to telecast Little Nyonya in Hong Kong. The series will be dubbed in Cantonese. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by convoy View Post
    I read from I-Weekly that TVB has bought the rights to telecast Little Nyonya in Hong Kong. The series will be dubbed in Cantonese. Interesting.
    Yep! Will be interested to know how 'Little Nyonya' fares in Hong Kong. And they don't have to tolerate Jeanette's voice... hehe!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by convoy View Post
    On JadeTV (free) or Pay Channel?

Makes a whole lot of difference

I heard Joanne Peh emerged as the dark horse and got the Best Actress award instead of Jeannette Aw. Am quite surprised because everyone was expecting Jeanette to win. But oh wells, I'm happy for Joanne. I think she put a lot of effort into her role and did steal the limelight from Jeanette a couple of times.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    I heard Joanne Peh emerged as the dark horse and got the Best Actress award instead of Jeannette Aw. Am quite surprised because everyone was expecting Jeanette to win. But oh wells, I'm happy for Joanne. I think she put a lot of effort into her role and did steal the limelight from Jeanette a couple of times.
    I suspect the prize was given to Joanne partly because of her sacrifice for the show and how everyone thought it would be going to Jeanette.

My dad did predicted that Joanne would get best actress (he finds her prettier than Jeanette ^^'), and he's right!

yes, i think it was "reported" that jeanette was "shocked" too.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Watched several episodes in JB while attending a friend's wedding - enough to piqued my curiosity as my friends were raving over the series.

I prefer the earlier 8 episodes where the storyline revolve around Juxiang and Yousuke (with some good old romance and doomed lovers plot). I got bored in episode 25 onwards - honestly I don't bother if Yue Niang will end up with Chen Xi or not anymore.

However I do want to watch the ending where the baddies get their retribution (they better be!). Especially the women in Huang family
    Just started watching this...

I also like the earlier part of the drama...the love story between Juxiang nd Yousuke is so tender and beautifully filmed..really tugs at your heartstrings.

The later parts of the story was also good mainly to see the evil bunch of relatives's eventual fall and such but the tender love story was really the best part.

somehow, I think they should have let JA win with Joanne just like the best supporting actress award.

I think Shen Jin xing did a fantastic job playing the baddie here...don't think there was any special
    acknowledgement for him here though

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    somehow, I think they should have let JA win with Joanne just like the best supporting actress award.
    Why? Sounds like she should have gotten it out of pity or what, which doesn't make it any better.

relax, relax, it just an award event, next year have again... LOL
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

I think the Little Nyonya might respark or even revive the interest in Nyonya Culture. The Nyonyas and Babas might start to remember what they are. And other cultures are appreciate their arts.

But too bad due to modernization or Westernization many cultures in Asia are disappearing. Each one of them is an artform which got to be preserved in remembrance.

Actually, I thought Jeanette as Yue Niang was not that great. Her tear-filled eyes were great but other than that, her character had no real breakthrough. She either looks very angry, very innocent or sad. Its not bad but nothing spectacular. Her acting as Ju Xiang was much more soulful and expressive but she wasn't nominated for playing Ju Xiang, but as Yue Niang.

On the other hand, Joanne went from innocent to hysterical to psycho with one or two eps and her final few scenes were very convincing as a mentally/physcially tortured person. Yu Zhu's crazy scenes take all the focus towards the end. The role of Yu Zhu just allows a lot of emotional range than Yue Niang.

So I sort of do agree with Joanne winning instead of Jeanette winning even though Yue Niang was the main character.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I've read that the Mainland drama "Precious", which also stars Jeanette Aw, is supposed to be a version of Little Nyonya? And that is has begun airing in China sometime at the end of July. Would anyone know where to watch it online?
    Last edited by creidesca; 08-09-12 at 08:44 AM.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Should anyone be interested in watching Qian Jin (Precious), the Mainland version of Little Nyonya. Similarities, but not the same, and don't be mislead by info on this facebook page.

Watch on youku: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDM3OD...tml?f=18000458

Dunno if the Mainland version has any cuts to it.
    Last edited by creidesca; 08-14-12 at 01:42 PM.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

at's why it felt like a documentary. Haha.