Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: I don't hate Yeung Gor anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    you should put that warning in your signature, as not all members will be reading this thread or your wall.
    That's really not a bad idea, except that space is limited in the signature and I still need to advertise my fanfic.

Yeah, the fanfic matters that much to me. I literally haven't changed my signature in a year because I still want to funnel as much traffic in there as possible.

It's still an abuse of power when someone is banned because of your own insecurities when that person didn't do any personal attack or unknowingly offended you.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    It's still an abuse of power when someone is banned because of your own insecurities when that person didn't do any personal attack or unknowingly offended you.
    Who has been banned up to now?

There's no "unknowingly" from this point forward. It's in this thread, in the Technical Issues Forum, and on my Visitor Board. Word of mouth (or keyboard) will likely spread it too.

Fair warning has been given. Nothing from the past will be counted against anyone, but from this point forward, the rule is in effect.

In terms of the unknowing part, we still can't be sure what offends you though.

Like Icy's loving YG, or bunny's dramaQ were all used without that intent. How do we know if we have a feminine word and your name in the same sentence will not be taken in the wrong way?

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    In terms of the unknowing part, we still can't be sure what offends you though.

Like Icy's loving YG, or bunny's dramaQ were all used without that intent. How do we know if we have a feminine word and your name in the same sentence will not be taken in the wrong way?
    Those two are very good examples of what isn't acceptable anymore.

So just be careful choosing your words when referring to me, at least as it relates to gender and me.

It's really not all that hard. I honestly don't expect anybody to get banned unless they deliberately try to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Who has been banned up to now?

There's no "unknowingly" from this point forward. It's in this thread, in the Technical Issues Forum, and on my Visitor Board. Word of mouth (or keyboard) will likely spread it too.

Fair warning has been given. Nothing from the past will be counted against anyone, but from this point forward, the rule is in effect.
    sorry ken, i don't think you're that much of a celebrity that people will actually spread the news by "word of mouth" . you also can't expect every member to read this thread, the technical forum, or your wall. I'm pretty sure 90% of the people on spcnet don't read the walls and the technical forum. Not everyone visits the wuxia section, nor does everyone read every single thread in a specific section.

perhaps you should allow one personal warnings before banning?

perhaps you should allow one personal warnings before banning?

That'll depend on who it is.

If it's someone who really isn't known to visit any of those areas, yeah, I'll allow a little leeway.

But for members who really, really should know better, I'm going to be strict about this.

I don't want everybody to be unduly terrified by all this: essentially, nothing is changing at the forums except for one little thing that 99% of you never do anyway:

You can't make "gay" jokes about Ken anymore.

I don't think anyone is terrified. More like angered and indignant because you are using your power as a moderator to threaten people. If you actually ask nicely (without using the 'I will ban you if you ever do that again' warning), I think most people will stop/take heed/be more careful in their wording, out of civility.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I don't think anyone is terrified. More like angered and indignant because you are using your power as a moderator to threaten people. If you actually ask nicely (without using the 'I will ban you if you ever do that again' warning), I think most people will stop/take heed/be more careful in their wording, out of civility.
    Anger?! They want to talk to me about *anger*?! I could tell you a whole lot about anger! I've lived the past few months in a state of perpetual anger. Try that out some time!

I've tried asking nicely; I was never taken seriously. It just got twisted into further jokes.

That's why the daggers are out.

Now you were saying something about anger...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Anger?! They want to talk to me about *anger*?! I could tell you a whole lot about anger! I've lived the past few months in a state of perpetual anger. Try that out some time!

I've tried asking nicely; I was never taken seriously. It just got twisted into further jokes.

That's why the daggers are out.

Now you were saying something about anger...?
    To re-emphasize Kidd's point, a mere message of, "Please avoid personal attacks, specifically referring to remarks about my sexuality. Greatly appreciated" wouldn't have yielded such an uproar. No matter how faulty people are, they tend to get better results when asking instead of threatening and storming at random members.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

I agree what's been said, but lets take into account Ken's situation and let him have his peace on this forum at the very least.

Ken, I would suggest it's a good time to escape the real world and take some time away from work and read the trilogy translations.

You do know that 'drama queen' refers to a certain behavior and it's gender and sexuality neutral, right?
    Although it can refer to anyone, most people who have lots of silly drama tend to be girls or gay guys. "Queen" refers to anyone with feminine qualities, which many gay guys do harbor.
    Last edited by PJ; 11-29-08 at 11:22 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Although it can refer to anyone, most people who have lots of silly drama tend to be girls or gay guys. "Queen" refers to anyone with feminine qualities, which many gay guys do harbor.
    but i tell you, straight men have just has much silly drama built in them. so would they be "drama kings"?

but i tell you, straight men have just has much silly drama built in them. so would they be "drama kings"?
    Anyone w/a lot of drama = Drama Queen.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I'm almost positive I've never made a post in regards to sexuality about Ken although I've only offered him a custom Yeung Gor doll.

Please respect KC's wishes everybody. . .sometimes you've got to draw the line and tell everyone, "enough's enough."
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    I'm almost positive I've never made a post in regards to sexuality about Ken although I've only offered him a custom Yeung Gor doll.

Please respect KC's wishes everybody. . .sometimes you've got to draw the line and tell everyone, "enough's enough."
    Perhaps, but let's say that someone makes a slur about your sexuality, you can't exactly abuse your right as a moderator to ban them.

Future Hall of Fame baseball player Mike Piazza once called a press conference to announce that he was straight. Caught a lot of people by surprise because not many people even realized there were any gay rumors about him.

Anyway, if anyone has been suggesting that Ken was gay, drop it. He's not.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Default Ignorance is bliss

Ken, perhaps just ignore these people will be fine.

If you ban/close the thread [which I do not know whether you have done so], it may worsen the situation. The person can easily come back as another person to suggest that e.g. you are abusing the power, it does proves that you are one, that you are not man enough to take such things.

You know what? Screw it.

I don't think I could stop hating Yeung Gor any more than I could stop eating and breathing, and the unexpected results of this thread are proof of that.

My problems these past few days have been, in their own twisted way, because of this damned character again.

I think I might have a *slightly* better grip on my sanity if there's a Yeung Gor to despise and hate.

It's worked for a quarter century; why stop now?

So the hate is back, and it burns brighter than ever.

DEATH AND CURSES TO YEUNG GOR!