Thread: Ever heard of the Anti-Life Equation?

Default Ever heard of the Anti-Life Equation?

I read many superhero comics. If you're familiar with the DC Universe, you've probably heard of a villain named Darkseid, who is sometimes considered the ultimate villain in the DCU...the ultimate menace to Superman, Batman, and the rest of the Justice League.

Darkseid lives to discover a mathematical equation that supposedly establishes the futility of all life and hope. It goes like this:

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side

The Anti-Life Equation has been an ongoing subplot for years in stories involving the Darkseid character, but this year, it's become the centerpiece of FINAL CRISIS, the biggest cross-DCU saga in years.

For me, the line between fiction and reality is starting to blur. I'm starting to see this whole Anti-Life Equation thing as almost real.

It's probably as real as heroic flying men in tights.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."