Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Xia ke xing: Chapter 10 onwards...Take 2

Default :-)

i really really really like grandma Shi. Shes got balls, big ones. I respect her for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    It reminds me of this.
    this made me LOL... and reflect on how unfair life can be at times. U knock some one out only to get knocked out ur self in the process.
    Last edited by aliderhamy; 09-21-09 at 02:07 AM.

Those four snow mountain disciple cannot help but to shiver as they saw Zhang San directly looking at them with a menacing look and drumming with his right hand fingers as if telling them that next time it will be their head instead of the wooden pole.

At this time all four people had still their sword in their hand. When these four people listened to Zhang San's ridiculing jeer they did not dare to show much flaw but still their attack was really weak and feeble and they didn’t attack anyone seriously. By their looks they all looked fearsome, jaws clenched and projected a fierce demeanor but their sword moves were slow. Earlier Grandma Shi had seen their sword moves and knew that their sword move like wind and their palm flashed like lightening and they were all really competitive.

Grandma Shi too looked angry by their behavior and shouted: “You clever people; is your martial art really from Snow mountain sect? Will you all lose the honor of the Ling Xiao city in such a despicable manner?”
    She turned her head to Shi Potian and said: “Boy, take this broadsword and chop one arm of all these fellows.”

Shi Potian did not dare to open his mouth in front of Zhang San and Li Si and received the broadsword from Grandma Shi and brandished to strike.
    Cheng Zixue heard Grandma Shi asking Shi Potian to cut of their arm and thought that she may not be joking, he saw with his own eyes that his broadsword was really a very efficient weapon and it can create a dignified ruthless move.

Zhang San cheered: “Now this is some sword.”
    Shi Potian moved towards them but thought: “Eldest brother, second brother knew that my internal energy is good, if I depend on internal energy then they will recognize that I am Gouzazhong and not Shi Zhong Yu. If I have to pretend like Shi ZhongYu then I have to rely on my swordsmanship.”

He brandished the broadsword in a slanting motion and made a move of the snow mountain sect called “dark fragrant sparse shade”. Cheng Zixue saw this move and found it pretty average and under his heart no longer feared his opponent. He too moved his sword and attacked his strategic point to lock the acu-points but never attacked fiercely and tried to defeat him. After several moves he caused his sword to stab at his own left leg and disguised that he is severely injured. He threw his sword in the place and said in a mournful voice: “Heroes left in the youth, old man is useless.”

Liang Zijin wielded his sword and attacked towards Shi Potian and shouted in a loud voice: “You young fellow are really lawless, you have dared to injure your Shishu!”
    He fought with Shi Potian for some time and tried to understand his moves. After some time he made a move called “yellow sand is luxuriant” and moved it gently near the boy and called out loudly by withdrawing three steps and kneeling down on left: “Serious, serious, this boy nearly chopped my arm.”

Liao Zili and Qi both came forward and fought with Shi Potian, used a smart trick and cut himself by his own sword and admitted his defeat and drew back. They swung their head again and again, and tried to show every one that they are feeling dejected and shouted abuse in rage.
    Grandma Shi said fiercely: “You have lost to this child, are you going to give the leadership of the sect to this boy?”

Liao, Liang and the others thought: “Present him the leadership of the sect and then send him to the island of the heroes as a scapegoat, why not?”
    Cheng Zixue said: “The two envoys of Command of reward and punishment have settled the way to resolve this issue depending on martial art skills. My skill is inferior to this person and I acknowledge this fact.”

Liao, Liang and Qi all too echoed these words.
    Grandma Shi said: “Do you take refuse to accept him as leader?”
    Four people said with one voice: “We are sincerely convinced about his ability and we do not have any objection.”

In their heart they actually thought: “If they are able to handle these two wicked people and make them go without any problem then why won’t we accept? We can forgive this old woman and this little rascal.”
    Grandma Shi said: “fine then quickly pay respect to the new leader of the snow mountain sect.” She thought that the senior disciple of her Golden phoenix sect has become the leader of the Snow mountain sect and in her heart, she was extremely happy.

Suddenly someone called from outside the hall in a clear voice: “Who is the new leader of the Snow mountain sect?”
    This was the sound of Bai Wanjian sound, the sound of shackles followed him as he came in, and in fact he actually was chained. About dozens of more people followed him in the hall. These people too have been chained and had shackles on their hand and feet. Bai Wanjian came first followed by Geng Wanzhong, Wanjun, Wang Wanren, Huyan Wanshan, Wen Wanfu, Wang Wanyi, Wan Zi and numerous other Snow mountain sect disciples who returned from central plains.

Bai Wanjian saw Grandma Shi and called out: “Mother, you have come back!” He was pleasantly surprised by this new development.
    Shi Potian earlier listened to Feng Wanli calling Grandma Shi as master- wife but didn’t gave much thought but now when Bai Wanjian called her mother, he no longer had any doubt and in fact he felt strange. He thought: “My Master is the wife of the sect leader of Snow mountain sect then why did she create a new Golden phoenix sect. Why is she proclaiming that the martial art of the Golden phoenix sect is better than that of the snow mountain sect?”

A’Xiu too rushed forward towards Bai Wanjian and called out: “Father!”
    Shi Potian was again shocked when he understood that not only Grandma Shi is the mother of Bai Wanjian but A’Xiu is daughter of Bai Wanjian.
    Bai Wanjian felt great happiness, he fluttered and said: “A’Xiu, you ......You ......are alive? You haven’t died!”

Grandma Shi said in a calm voice: “Obviously she is alive, she hasn’t died! Why are you crying like a baby? You still have the face to call me a mother! I really wished to hit you cleanly! That old bastard is hiding somewhere behind a pile of rubbish and you yourself are chained in these shackles. What happened to the mighty “frost of North west”?

“The frost of the Northwest”… you really irritate me! Damn what is this snow mountain sect doing nowadays…playing handcuffs and shackles. Have you all forgotten your martial art skills? The one who is old is the bastard, actually the younger one is also a bastard, damn the fellow, the disciples and the son and grandson, altogether everyone is bastard, This Snow mountain sect is actually a wrong name, the proper name should be the bastard sect!”

Default you tell em grandma

i love grandma shi... thanks so much abha... i think this is one of my favorit tranlsations of all time. right up there with Roch and legendary siblings.

Bai Wanjian waited for her to vent her anger and then said: “Mother, the child and numerous fellow disciples have not lost in some martial art contest and get captured. These thieves have plotted against us and him ......” he pointed at Liao Zili and said in an angry voice: “This fellow has disguised as father and hid in his room and trapped me by vile methods…..”

Grandma Shi angrily rebuked at him: “You young bastard are more unreasonable, you don’t admit your own mistake, and you are same as your father but point at others?”

Shi Potian thought: “Admitting mistakes like your father, it is not strange. The Shi couple too admitted their mistake and I too have admitted my mistakes. Oh, but I don’t know who my real father is.”
    Bai Wanjian got beaten and scold by his mother since childhood, but at this moment she was scolding him in the presence of everyone, although he felt ashamed but he was more concerned about his father's safety, he asked: “Mother, Is father safe?”

Grandma Shi got angrier, she said: “Old bastard dies or lives, who cares, if this young bastard doesn’t know then how will I know? The old bastard lived in the world to disgrace himself, the fellow disciples are also following him, and it might be well if all of them die too!”
    Feng Wanli came forward and said: “Master-wife, master is not dead…he is …he is just imprisoned.”

Bai Wanjian listened, once he knew that his father is just imprisoned but he was not hurt and actually kept in a place where he is not harming anyone, he felt relived in his heart and said immediately: “Thank God, father is safe!”

Grandma Shi scolded: “Is safe!” He was scolding with her mouth and cursing angrily but in her heart actually she also cared for him and asked Cheng Zixue and others: “Where have you imprisoned your senior fellow disciple? Why are you not releasing him?”

Cheng Zixue said: “senior fellow disciple is much more hot-tempered nowadays and no one dares to approach him or he kills people.”
    A gentle smile appeared on the face of Grandma Shi and she said: “Good, good, good! This old bastard thinks that his martial art is the best under the heaven, he is extremely arrogant, actually he is insufferably arrogant, let him suffer more and learn some humility.”

Li Si listened to her cursing angrily continuously, he said: “So this bastard fellow, is he the leader of the sect?”

Grandma Shi stood up suddenly; he took a couple of step forward towards them and said in a loud voice: “You just called the leader of this sect a bastard? How dare you? I scolded my husband and son, what kind of thing you are and dare to speak about the Snow mountain sect in this manner? Your martial art is good but it doesn’t give you the right to abuse others. You can kill the person but you can’t humiliate them!”
    Other people heard her scolding Li Si in such harsh words and couldn’t restrain themselves from sweating. They were afraid that he might get angry and start killing them too.

Shi Potian came in front of Grandma Shi to cover her and thought that if Li Si attacks her then he can keep him off his master.
    Bai Wanjian was suffering in his shackles and was not able to move freely but didn’t complain of hardship. Li SI saw that so he smiled and said: “Good! I made an indiscreet remark, I apologize, and I ask Madam Bai to forgive me! Then who is the leader of snow mountain sect.”

Grandma Shi pointed to Shi Potian and said: “This youth has defeated all the senior disciples of the Snow mountain sect and these people are also accepting him as the sect leader of the Snow mountain sect. Does anyone have any problem with that?”

Bai Wanjian said loudly: “Child refuses to accept, I must fight with him!”
    Grandma Shi said: “Good! Open the handcuffs and the shackles!”
    The four senior fellow disciples looked at each other in blank dismay and thought: “If a disciple from the lower generation defeats this young fellow then it will look really bad for us. This stupid person is defying his seniors and also doesn’t want to live himself but at present circumstance, they could do nothing to rectify this situation.”

Liao Zili turns his head to Bai Wanjian and said: “You are already defeated, why are you fighting with this young boy?”

Bai Wanjian got angry and said: “You people are defying your elders and rebelling against the sect. I wish I could have torn you in to shreds. You do such shameless and cowardly acts and you have the audacity to come to me and ask me to withdraw from the fight? You said I was defeated….tell me how does attacking a person in dark and capturing can be called victory?”

Originally if the leader of the Snow mountain sect would have died then these four people would have been the only contender to become the sect leader as per their martial art skills. Although these four were also the senior disciple of the Snow Mountain sect but the difference in their martial art and the martial art of Bai Zizai was really great. The sword skills of the snow mountain sect have grown to be exquisite but the internal energy of their sect was not that great.

Bai Zizai had took some snake gallbladder and snake blood by coincidence on the snow mountain region long ago so his internal energy increased many folds. When he taught his disciples the martial art skills he didn’t held back anything but the internal strength of any of his fellow disciples or second generation disciples didn’t increased to his level. They all thought that Bai Zizai is holding back some of the knowledge and is flaunting his superiority but they didn’t knew the right reason for his internal energy.

As time went past, these four fellow disciples actually grew jealous of his achievements and on the other hand suspected that he is not teaching all his martial arts to them and a deep enmity seeded in their heart. As Bai Wanjian grew older and his martial art skills improved they all suspected that he is teaching him some of the secret ancestral skills and in their own selfishness hated Bai Zizai even more. “Power and virtue gentleman” Bai Zizai had enormous reputation and influence so no one dared to complain against him. However this time when Bai Zizai and numerous of his followers went to the central plains, suddenly Bai Zizai started behaving like a mentally ill person and because of his lunatic behavior a lot people were killed in the Ling Xiao city.
    People were in precarious state so numerous fellow disciples were both compel by the necessity and opportunity of the situation and launched an attack against him and imprisoned him.

When Bai Wanjian returned with his numerous disciples to Ling Xiao city; Liao Zili hid on the bed of Bai Zizai and forced her concubine to send Bai Wanjian in the room. He feigned that he was Bai Zizai and seized Bai Wanjian by trickery. They also caught all the disciples who have returned from central plain as they might have supported Bai Wanjian. At this moment when Bai Wanjian saw Liao Zili, he could not restrain himself and wanted to fight with him.

Liao Zili said: “You, if you were not defeated than how are you chained in these handcuffs and shackles?”

Li Si shouted in a loud voice: “This dispute is unclear quite so quickly open the handcuffs and shackles so these two people can fight”
    Liao Zili still hesitated; Li Si moved his left hand and took out Liao Zili’s sword. They heard the sound of sword hitting the metal and with four such sounds the shackles and chains were on the ground.

These handcuffs and shackles were cast by fine steel, although Liao Zili’s sword was a sharp weapon but he actually cut through the iron like mud. He actually applied his vigorous internal energy to accomplish this task. The handcuffs and shackles links fell on the ground but Bai Wanjian had not a single blood stain on his body and people couldn’t but cheered loudly. Several people even tried to curry favor and flatter Li Si and called “fine” and “well-done” kind of words.

Bai Wanjian is always proud, extremely little convincing, at this time could not restrain himself and said: “good! I really admire your skills!” In the meantime one disciple had already delivered him the sword.

Bai Wanjian made a “bah” sound and spitted towards Liao Zili and raised his foot to kick him. He scolded: “Rebel!” Liao Zili moved back to avoid his attack.

A’Xiu called out with concern: “Father!” She came forward holding her sword and offered him her sword.
    Bai Wanjian showed a faint smile and said: “Clever daughter!” He had suffered during these past day by these tyrannical people but when he saw that his mother and daughter are safe and came back, he was extremely happy however as soon as he has turned his head, the color on his face changed and his facial expression turned from happiness to hatred. He stared at Liao Zili as if his eyes will pour fire and scolded: “You rebel, you are my elder but still I will not spare you!” he brushes his sword and stabbed at him.

Li Si reversed the long sword he took from Liao Zili to free Bai Wanjian from shackles and gently squeezed it in the hand of Liao Zili.

Two people now launched themselves at each other. This time it was an actual fight as both attacked each other with vigor and intensity. Earlier when they were fighting then it looked like a child’s play as everyone was trying to lose but this time the duel was a real fight and they displayed unsurpassed artistry and savage intent simultaneously.
    Liao Zili was the best fighter among the first generation disciples of the snow mountain sect; he knew that Bai Wanjian has an ardent desire to kill him at this moment so he can’t be lazy or negligent at this moment. He moved his sword nimbly and resourcefully and made several ruthless moves.

Bai Wanjian was actually eager to take revenge of his disgrace and didn’t manage to calm down during the fight. He was too intent on finding an opening to get Liao Zili and after about thirty moves Liao Zili found an opening and thrusted his sword towards him. Bai Wanjian slanted his body but the sword of Liao Zili flashed through injuring his arm and truncated a part of his sleeves.

A’Xiu called out in concern. Grandma Shi scolded: “Young bastard is entirely alike his father, the old bastard has taught his son but it’s all in vain, he too is of no use.”

Bai Wanjian was anxious in his heart; his sword moves were irregular and disordered. Liao Zili smiled at him in a condescending manner and said: “I already said that you have been defeated, do you still want to prove me wrong?”

He wanted to harass the opposite party and wanted him to make another mistake in anger. Bai Wanjian had faced numerous setbacks in his tour to the central plain this time, when Liao Zili ridiculed him again; he tried to keep his calm and composed demeanor and tried to not get agitated. He did not get angry and instead didn’t attack him for several moves and made seven defensive moves continually. In a short time the mood of the battle changed and Bai Wanjian again composed himself and started attacking steadily.

Liao Zili moved around quickly but didn’t stop taunting, the sword play continued with alarming speed. Bai Wanjian cried loud and he made three successive attacks on Liao Zili, the fourth move looked as if a blue streak has appeared in the air and suddenly Liao Zili shouted loudly and miserably as he got hit on his leg and blood started pooling on the ground.
    Bai Wanjian moved his sword and slanted it towards others and said: “You can come now!” Blood dripped from his sword tip as he challenged al of them.

Cheng Zixue looked deathly pale, he pressed his hands on the sword hilt but did not draw it out and said: “You must be the leader.....I did not want any struggle with you.”

Bai Wanjian looked at Qi Zimian and Liang Zijin. Both of them shook their head and declined the challenge.
    Grandma Shi said suddenly: “You have defeated these rebels, what’s great about that?” She said to Shi Potian: “child, you go and compare your martial art skill with the protégé of that old bastard; If his disciple is fierce than so is my disciple.”

The people were greatly surprised: “This Shi Zhong Yu is the disciple of Feng Wanli, how is he then her disciple?”
    Grandma Shi shouted in a loud voice: “Go forward quickly! Use the broadsword, the old bastard has taught him some mediocre swordsmanship; our sword skills are much better than them.”

In reality Shi Potian was not willing to fight with Bai Wanjian and compare his martial arts skills, he was father of A’Xiu and did not want to offend him but if he opens his mouth to refuse than will immediately give away his identity and Zhang San and Li Si might recognize him. He raised his broadsword but he has an awkward look on his face.

Grandma Shi said: “I had consented a moment ago about a matter, don't you want that to happen? I wanted you to establish a great merit. If you want keep your promise than I will grant you that. This is that big merit, you have to defeat this disciple of that old bastard. If you lose than immediately leave this place without saying goodbye to me or A’Xiu and never show your face to us.”

Shi Potian extended his left hand to scratch his head, he was greatly surprised, he thought: “Originally master asked me to accomplish one great merit, did she really wanted to defeat her own son. This matter is seriously strange.” From his expression everyone can see that he was really confused.

Other people thought about her actions and thought: “Grandma Shi wants this boy to win the leadership of the Snow mountain sect so he can go to the island of the heroes in order to avoid her son going there.”
    Last edited by Abhay; 09-24-09 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks Abhay! great read

General question: Has it been revealed at this point who A'Xiu's mother is yet?

Nope...no idea

Quote Originally Posted by efflix View Post
    Thanks Abhay! great read

General question: Has it been revealed at this point who A'Xiu's mother is yet?

one help: "的内家拳掌" ...what will this translate to?

的内家拳掌 - nei jia techniques.

Nei jia usually refers to the softer internal energy techniques such as Tai Chi, Ba Qua etc.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Not a spoiler as such but A'Xiu's mother does not feature and is not mentioned in the novel.

He stared at Liao Zili as if his eyes will pour fire and scolded: “You rebel, you are my elder but still I will not leave you!” he brushes his sword and stabbed at him.
    Although the Chinese character used was probably lau/liu it would better translate as "spare", i.e. "I will not spare you" (will not show mercy).

Thanks...edited

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Although the Chinese character used was probably lau/liu it would better translate as "spare", i.e. "I will not spare you" (will not show mercy).

The temper of both Bai Zizai and Grandma Shi was really high and by nature both got angry instantly and were extremely proud people. Usually Grandma Shi always yielded to her husband but in her heart, she was filled with this constant indignation for a long time. When Shi Zhong Yu tried to harm A’Xiu and A’Xiu went missing then everybody thought that she has jumped from the cliff and is dead. Bai Zizai was angry and he broke Feng Wanli’s arm and quarreled with Grandma Shi. In great anger he slapped his wife on her face. Grandma Shi was extremely angry and humiliated and she descended the mountain and searched for A’Xiu. After rescuing A’Xiu she didn’t returned back to the Ling Xiao city as she remembered her humiliation.

Her martial art was inferior to her husband, she suddenly decided that she will take a disciple and teach him her martial art skills and will come back and defeat his disciple than only she can keep her self respect and honor.
    However Bai Wanjian thought that this person is in fact Shi ZhongYu and didn’t understand at all that how is this person her mother’s disciple? He only knew that this person had once tried to violate his daughter and his face turned with extreme hatred as he saw this person again.

Grandma Shi said: “What's wrong? What are you looking at? This youth has done obeisance in front of me and accepted me as his teacher, after my training, his martial art skills have improved considerably. Now you and he contend in martial arts, if you win than I will accept that your master that old bastard is better but If you get defeated by him than A’Xiu will be his wife.”

Bai Wanjian was startled, he said: “Mother, this matter is not related to her at all, how A’Xiu can marry this boy?”

Grandma Shi said with a smile: “You, if you are defeated by this boy, obviously you are not good enough to protect her so A’Xiu will marry the person who is capable and competent.”

Bai Wanjian was really angry and said: “Mother, you have differences with father and you are angry with him than why are you venting your anger on me. If your son doesn’t fight with this boy than how is the other matter related to this.”

Grandma Shi saw him scowling, she shouted in loud voice: “if you don’t accept this deal them put down your sword. What kind of nonsense are you spouting for so much time?”

Bai Wanjian said: “Yes, I am ready!” he said to Shi Potian: “Your move.”

Shi Potian looked at A’Xiu once, she really looked charming but at the same time she was really concerned too. He thought: “Master said that if I lose than I can’t even say goodbye to A’Xiu. This martial arts contest might be right or wrong but I have to win it at any cost.” Therefore he left his broadsword hanging and used his left hand to grasps the right fist, bows slightly. Afterwards he took out the broadsword made the first move of the Golden phoenix sect called “asking for trouble”. He did not know that “asking for trouble” is actually a kind of cursing. Bai Wanjian did not know the name of the move but from his attitude he looked respectful. He too wielded his long sword and made his move.

Shi Potian brandished his broadsword to parry his sword. When he once fought with Bai Wanjian earlier on the Azure mist island then he fought with a rotten hatchet and Bai Wanjian defeated him with a very elementary move of the Snow mountain sect and he was not able to resist it. Afterward Shi Qing and Min Rou directed him about the use of the sword skills. He understood the fact that rigid sword techniques can’t be followed in a martial art contest and one cannot adhere to same style.

This time when he was fighting with Bai Wanjian, even though he executed a very ordinary martial art move but this time he integrated his superior internal energy with each move too as taught by the Shi couple. Even if the sword skill is mediocre but if it is accompanied by his enormous internal energy than it was really effective.

After about ten moves, Bai Wanjian was secretly startled in his heart and thought: “This boy has really learnt some good sword skills.”

He suddenly remembered the day on Azure Mist Island when he fought with Shi Potian. He remembered that at that day the youth from the clan of eternal happiness told him that he was the senior disciple of the Golden Phoenix sect however his sword skill and this person’s sword skills are vaguely similar. The skills of Shi ZhongYu should be far inferior. He thought: “These face of these two people are similar, is it possible that he is not Shi ZhongYu. My mother said that she has trained this person but how is that possible?”

When Grandma Shi and Bai Zizai were newly-married, both people discussed martial art skills. They once tried to match their skills, obviously Bai Zizai had better martial art skills and Grandma Shi lost. Bai Zizai stopped immediately but started to blows his own horn. Grandma Shi was ashamed that her martial art skills were inferior to her husband and after that incident did not demonstrated her martial arts again so Bai Wanjian never got the opportunity to know the martial art skills and sword skills of her mother.

After several moves, Bai Wanjian swiped with the horizontal sword; Shi Potian lifted his own broadsword to directly intercept the attack. As the two swords collided, spark of fire splashed in the air. As soon as the swords clashed Bai Wanjian felt as if entire arm went numb and he felt vigorous pain in his chest. He couldn’t restrain himself from getting startled and drew back three steps.

Shi Potian did not pursue him, turns his head to look at Grandma Shi as if asking: “Do I win now?”

But as Bai Wanjian met a powerful enemy, his courage too increased many folds. Apart from that this was the same person who has tried to violate A’Xiu and A’Xiu disappeared after that incident only so he really despised this person and also he was from a younger generation, if loses to him now than he will lose his face in the martial art world.
    He shouted in a loud voice: “Boy, look out for the sword!”

He rushed ahead three steps, he stabbed towards him with his sword and than waited for Shi Potian to resist, no longer than Shi Potian used his weapon to intercept his attack, Bai Wanjian immediately changed his move and attacked towards the enemy’s throat. This move “traces of the past” was extremely skillful move of the Snow mountain sect and displayed unsurpassed artistry.

Zhang San said: “Good swordsmanship!”

Shi Potian made the horizontal sword swipe initially but at the last moment held back his arm and executed the move from the golden phoenix sect called “strolls in the snow to seek plum”; this move was the counter move to Bai Wanjian’s move. It literarily meant that if you trample the snowy area to seek the plum then how would it be possible to trace the past?

Zhang San again said: “Good sword skill!”
    Last edited by Abhay; 09-28-09 at 01:21 PM.

Thumbs up

Zhang San finally said: “Good translation, Brother Abhay!".

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    Zhang San finally said: “Good translation, Brother Abhay!".
    But as Abhay met a difficult paragraph, his courage increased many folds. Apart from that this was the same paragraph that defied so many translators before, and these translators disappeared afterwards so that Abhay really hated this paragraph, this paragraph was also from a shorter chapter; if he gives up now, he will lose face in the translation world.

After several moves, Abhay swiped with a horizontal stroke of the keyboard; the paragraph lifted its words to directly intercept the attack. As keystrokes and sentences collided, a spark of fire splashed in the air. As soon as they clashed, Abhay felt as if his entire arm went numb and he felt vigorous pain in his chest. He couldn't restrain himself from getting startled and drew back three steps.

But as Abhay met a difficult paragraph, his courage increased many folds. Apart from that this was the same paragraph that defied so many translators before, and these translators disappeared afterwards so that Abhay really hated this paragraph, this paragraph was also from a shorter chapter; if he gives up now, he will lose face in the translation world.

After several moves, Abhay swiped with a horizontal stroke of the keyboard; the paragraph lifted its words to directly intercept the attack. As keystrokes and sentences collided, a spark of fire splashed in the air. As soon as they clashed, Abhay felt as if his entire arm went numb and he felt vigorous pain in his chest. He couldn't restrain himself from getting startled and drew back three steps.
    Wow you are really creative... maybe you can start writing wuxia novels too!

LOL....but i am not withdrawing back....the end is in sight and i am on the final assault

Quote Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
    LOL....but i am not withdrawing back....the end is in sight and i am on the final assault
    WTF is abhay a charecter in this noval ? im confused...
    Ali Derhamy

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    WTF is abhay a charecter in this noval ? im confused...
    Yes, Abhay is the sect leader of the Clan of Eternal Translation. Wahahahaha!

Two people started fighting in a lightning pace, Bai Wanjian was better in sword skills but Shi Potian had enormous internal energy. They fought for about twenty more moves, Shi Potian made a straight thrust towards Bai Wanjian, this move was extremely swift and fierce, Bai Wanjian was late to react but still managed to intercept the sword by making a horizontal sword swipe, suddenly he felt a great impact on his hand and he couldn’t manage to hold his sword and it fell on the ground unexpectedly.
    Shi Potian withdrew his broadsword immediately and moved back few steps.
    Bai Wanjian’s complexion turned pale, he immediately snatched a long sword from the snow mountain disciple hand and again attacked Shi Potian.

Shi Potian was actually fighting pretty comfortable using his internal energy and attacking Bai Wanjian unceasingly. It was getting pretty difficult for Bai Wanjian to resist each of his moves as every time the broadsword was accompanied by a strong incomparable strength. As they traded about four more move Bai Wanjian felt that it was getting more and more difficult to even hold his sword.

Bai Wanjian said loudly: “Your internal energy is far superior then me but I am not losing in terms of sword skills.” As he said these words, he launched another attack on Shi Potian.

Shi Potian slanted his body to avoid his attack and hoped that Grandma Shi will issue an order and ask him to stop this fight but as he looked at her he actually saw her smiling and had a smug look on her face.
    He looked at A’Xiu standing besides her grandmother and found her greatly concerned and worried. He immediately remembered her conversation with A’Xiu on the Azure mist island. She told him that a person shouldn’t be ruthless in the martial art world. She told him: “Elder brother, the people in the martial arts world are mostly good people. If you fight with a person and win against him than you can’t humiliate him as he will lose his face in front of other and will either try to take your life or give his life. This way a blood feud will start and killing some one never solves any purpose.”

He saw with his own eyes that Bai Wanjian has a very dignified demeanor, he thought: “He is has great fame in the snow mountain sect and he is such a popular person. If I defeat him than he will be humiliated in front of everyone but if I lose to him, then master said that I can’t even say goodbye to A’Xiu, what should I do?

He again remembered that A’Xiu told him that if a person is losing to you than even though you are winning still acknowledge your defeat and give him a face. This way no one will lose and that person will also be deeply grateful and there won’t be any enmity. A’Xiu taught him a move called “to make a veiled attack”; He thought that he should execute that move.”
    He immediately made a sword move and knowingly left a big opening on his right side. Bai Wanjian was fighting with all his intensity and vigor, as soon as he saw this opening he immediately attacked at his right side.
    This time Shi Potian delayed his sword move to intercept this move so that Bai Wanjian can at least connect his body. As soon as the point of long sword touched Shi Potian’s chest, Bai Wanjian felt a massive shock and if a thunder and lightning had struck him and immediately threw his sword away.

Shi Potian had drawn back two steps, he thought: “He has lost his sword now three times, I think I should also leave my broadsword.”

He immediately applied a vigorous surge of internal energy on his broadsword and in a moment the broadsword broke in two sections.

A’Xiu felt extremely relieved, she called out loud: “Father, elder brother, you two are fighting for such a long time, I think it’s a draw, no one wins!”
    She turned her head to look at Shi Potian and smiled, she thought: “You remembered my words and realized my intention.” She couldn’t restrain her happiness and under her heart was delighted beyond measure.

Bai Wanjian’s face actually turned scarlet, he didn’t pick his sword this time and turned to Shi Potian and said: “You are yielding, how can I surnamed Bai accept that. You have given me face in front of everyone, I am really grateful for your kindness.”

Grandma Shi was very self-satisfied, she said: “Child, don’t be sad. This sword skill is taught to him by your mother. I will also pass it to you. You have not lost to him but in fact you lost to your mother. What are you ashamed of?”

Formerly she was really angry and calling them “old bastard” and “young bastard” and scolded continuously but after he got defeated by Shi Potian and her Golden phoenix sect, she was really happy and comforted her son.
    Bai Wanjian does not know whether to laugh or cry and only managed to say: “The sword skill of mother is really fierce; I only fear that the child is too stupid, and cannot learn.”

Grandma Shi arrived at his side and stroked his hair gently and said: “if this dumb kid can learn it than how can you not learn?”
    She turns her head to Shi Potian and said: “Kowtow in front of your wife’s father and ask for forgiveness quickly.”

For a moment Shi Potian didn’t understood but suddenly he understood that she was asking him to kowtow in front of Bai Wanjian and was pleasantly surprised. He hurriedly knelt in front of Bai Wanjian.
    Bai Wanjian moved sideways to avoid him and said fiercely: “Hold on a minute, this needs to be reconsidered.”

He said to Grandma Shi: “Although mother, the martial art skill of this boy is high but he is actually a frivolous person with poor character, it will be a big mistake to marry him with A’Xiu.”

He only heard Li Si saying in a loud voice: “It was good, really good! Whether you accept him as your son-in-law or not it does not matter but we will definitely drink a celebration drinks eventually. During this time no one in the Snow mountain sect managed to defeat our little brother here so obviously he is the new leader, isn’t it? Does anybody refuse to accept it?”

Bai Wanjian didn’t say anything neither did the other people from the snow mountain sect made any noise. Some were thinking that even if his martial art skills are inferior still if he becomes the leader than he has to leave for the island of heroes. everyone stayed silent in the hall and no one raised any objection.

Zhang San took out the two copper medals from his bosom and said with a smile: “Congratulation brother, you are now the leader of the snow mountain sect, take these two bronze medals too and keep with the one we earlier gave you in the past!” As he said these words he turned toward Shi Potian and winked him.