Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Xia ke xing: Chapter 10 onwards...Take 2

and this is the end of Chapter - 11...

Shi Potian said: “Elder brothers, is it really important to go now? Eldest brother just said that once we are sworn brothers, we share sorrow and happiness and I’ll be fortunate to share. In any case, it’s fine with me, Is it fine if I too go along with you two elder brothers?”

As soon as that fat person heard it he smiled and said: “we are not going for a dinner and it’s no matter of amusement; so you need not to go.” He said with arrogance.

Shi Potian has got friends for the first time in his life, he never had a friend, today when he met these two and became sworn brothers, he was extremely pleased and didn’t want them to depart.

He said: “I’ll accompany the two elder brothers to whichever road they follow. I don’t know when I will see you both brothers again and whether I will get the opportunity to eat meat and drink wine again with you two.”

That thin person Li Si kept the gloomy face and completely ignored Shi Potian however that fat person Zhang San was more open minded, he pulled him aside and said: “brother, you said that your master had given you this name Shi Yidao so what is your real name. Now that we are sworn brothers we shouldn’t have any secret between us?”

As soon as Shi Potian heard it he gave an awkward smile and said: “I’m not hiding the truth from elder brother but actually my real name is too coarse and not that god to listen. My mother used to call me bastard.”
    Zhang San laughed and said: “bastard, bastard…this name is really strange.”

Then Zhang San and Li Si started to move, although it looked that they were walking normally but their speed was really swift and with in a moment they used their lightness martial art and looked like a blur passing through the trees.

In a moment Shi Potian fell behind about tens of feet from both of them, he too leapt hurriedly and pursued them. After some time he caught them and as only at about three paces from those two.
    Li Si and Zhang San were eager to get rid of this dumb kid, so they used their lightness martial-art; however Shi Potian was still following them closely.

They only heard Shi Potian saying: “Elder brothers are really good, you two can effortlessly walk so quickly and here I’m running desperately still somehow only managed to keep the pace.”

Speaking of posture with which they were walking, there was a great difference. Zhang San and Li Si were walking naturally and in a graceful manner on the other hand Shi Potian was actually running in strides, both his arms crazily moving like pendulum, his body bent like a bow as though he was running for his life.
    When these people heard him running after them happily and still talking with no ill intension, hey can’t help but to admire his unyielding spirit.

Shi Potian saw these two people moving along the same road he came and they were going towards the same fishing village where ‘Iron fork sect’ people were hiding.
    As they went near to that place he said loudly: “elder brothers, in front of us on this road is a very dangerous place and could be disastrous. If we change our way than we can avoid losing out life.”

Li Si and Zhang San both paused and tuned around and asked together: “how do you know this is a dangerous place?”

Shi Potian also paused, said: “In front of us is the ‘red willow’ harbor and a fishing village. Many rivers and lakes people who want to avoid their pursuers come here and hide. If they saw us three people then they might attack and kill us.”
    Li Si gazed him coldly and said: “how do you know?”

Shi Potian told them how he entered the ship full of corpse, how he heard the’ Iron fork sect’ people hiding in bilge and briefly about their discussion.
    Li Si said: “These people are hiding in the fishing village themselves from the ‘command of reward and punishment’, what can they do to us? Your fear is totally unwanted and irrelevant.

Shi Potian said: “No, no! These people are really ferocious and often kill people. They fear that someone will divulge their secret and have even killed people on their own side. You look, these body bloodstain, it is from the two people they have from their own sect, just look at the blood drop on my clothing, I hid under the deck in the bilge at that time, and even I didn’t dared to move.”

Li Si said: “you are already afraid, you are with us…you shouldn’t be afraid!”
    Shi Potian said: “Elder brothers please do not go there; this ......This ...... is not joke.”

Li Si turned and Zhang San turned around and lead the way without consulting with each other and thought: “This kid has such an immense internal energy but not only is his martial-arts ordinary but he is also really timid like mouse”.

They started moving counting ten feet at a time. Shi Potian took half steps but still followed them closely.
    Zhang San said: “you are afraid that ‘Iron fork sect’ people might kill so what are you doing now, following us closely?”

Shi Potian said: “have we not taken an oath? We have to share sorrow and happiness. If you two elder brothers have to go surely, then we will die on the same month, same date, in the same year with you. Once a man real man had said the words, he has no alternative but to keep a promise.”

Li Si said gloomily: “heh…heh, the ‘Iron fork sect’ has several dozens men there, even if all of them stab you once; you will become a big hedgehog, you are not afraid?”

Shi Potian remembered how he heard on the ship the miserable cry of people killed by ‘Iron fork sect’, at this moment he felt afraid. At present in that small fishing village at least 100-200 people were hiding, even though the martial-arts of both elder brothers is very good still surely they will be overwhelmed by sheer number.

Li Si saw his face changing its color, he sneered and said: “we seek our death voluntarily; we don’t need anyone to accompany us to death. Little brother, you go home. If this time we don’t die then we will meet ten years later.”

Shi Potian waved his hand saying: “you elder brothers should take as many helpers as you can. We are small in numbers and at the critical situation if we can escape and save our lives than we should.”

Li Si frowned and said: “hit and then run away, what kind of a real man does that? How can we disgrace ourselves?”
    Shi Potian said: “good, then I too won’t run away.”

Zhang San and Li Si were not able to get rid of him, they looked at each smiled and thought in their: “This dumb kid actually very loyal, even agreed to go with us in such dangerous situation.
    He is by far more heroic than all the other so called heroes of the martial arts world.”

Chapter – 12

Two Bronze Medals

Shi Potian saw no trace of that ship full of corpses. In the village he saw no one and it was unexpectedly very quiet, he walked one step, his heart thumping, his complexion was already pale, thought aloud: “Fortunately they are all hiding and hadn’t seen us.”

Zhang San and Li Si surveyed the terrain and arrived at a small thatched hut, Zhang San puts out a hand to shove open the wooden shutter of shop. He arrived near a stove without consulting anybody, looked around and slightly hesitated, held one big stone water cylinder and placed it aside, the cylinder bottom revealed a big iron hoop. Li Si held the iron hoop and raised it upwards with a creaking sound; a sheet of iron slid smoothly and appeared a big hole suddenly.

Zhang San leapt inside it following Li Si who jumped down first. Shi Potian only looked at them with admiration, and thought that this path might lead us to the hideout of ‘Iron fork sect’ and anxiously said: “two elder brothers, under this hole there may be ….”
    These words were not even said and he didn’t see either Zhang San or Li Si so he too didn’t think much and jumped in.

In front of him was a narrow corridor, Shi Potian followed after both people anxiously, only after few steps, he heard some people drinking and suddenly said: “what?”
    Shi Potian felt a strong breeze moving towards Zhang San. Actually it was accompanied by an iron fork which someone moved towards him to stab. Zhang San used his both hands and hit the iron fork to reverse the attack; the two people attacking him fell to ground and died in a single move.

The corridor walls were ignited with large butter candle, he goes out about ten feet, then made a turn, at each corner there were two men guards.
    Whenever Zhang San saw them he only waved his hand and grasped the iron fork and killed them on the spot got rid of them quickly and neatly, not even using a second move.

Shi Potian was very surprised to see such martial-art, he thought: “what Brother Zhang is using is magic martial-arts? This is martial-art is really unexpected, maybe he is even better than Grandpa Ding Busi, Ding Busan or even Master Bai.”

He absent-mindedly followed both these people as he heard confused sound of a lot of people. Suddenly he felt a large dash of energy moving towards them. Zhang San and Li Si were still moving in a very casual way and show no concern. All the people facing them suddenly stood firm with a panic-stricken color on their face.

Zhang San said: “Is chief helmsman in here?”
    A person with huge stature held his fist in the other hand and said: “I Yu Desheng am the chief of ‘Iron fork sect’. You two honorable people came and I apologize I missed you and have not greeted you earlier.
    Please come to the hall and we can have some wine. Oh...there is also another honored guest; all three of you please honor me with your presence.

Zhang San and Li Si nodded. Shi Potian saw this strange scene and didn’t understand anything. Zhang San has killed twelve people of ‘Iron fork sect’ in one breath and unexpectedly the opposite party was willing to give up, he thought its not possible and only wanted to turn around to escape, however when he saw Zhang San and Li Si carelessly moving towards the hall he can’t withdraw now and followed them, but actually could not help his whole body to tremble.

The chief helmsman of ‘Iron fork sect’ acted in a very respectful manner, showing them the way, nearby the road was filled with numerous people of ‘Iron fork sect’, everyone holding a iron fork with sparkling edges in their hands.

Zhang San, Li Si and Shi Potian passed between two row of audiences, only made a turn, and suddenly were present in a brightly lit hall, on the wall were inserted innumerable flares, and it looked as though it was daytime in their.
    All around that place were again numerous ‘Iron fork sect’ people. Shi Potian saw these people and visualized them cutting his throat, got afraid and turned his head hurriedly, didn’t dare to look again.

Yu Desheng invited both Zhang San and Li Si to take the centre seat. These two people didn’t decline and sat without consulting anybody.
    Zhang San smiled and referring to the seat on his side said “Little brother, you sit in here.”
    After Shi Potian took his seat, Yu Desheng also took his seat.

After some time several people wearing blue gown, having no belt or weapon and who looked like a part of some religious sect, arrived carrying in the cup, chopsticks, food and wine. As soon as they departed Zhang San and Li Si put their left hand in their tunic and from their gown sleeve simultaneously departs a thing, it fell on the table in front You Desheng.

They were actually two sheets of bronze and the way it was thrown it inserted on the tabletop smoothly exactly as though it is a part of table and resembling a fine piece of workmanship. On each piece was inscribed a person’s face, one a smiling face and the other angry gloomy face.

These bronze medals were exactly similar to the one nailed on the cabin door of the ship which had corpses of ‘flying fish sect’ people.
    Wu Desheng’s complexion changed as he stands up, all around reverberated big ‘lang’ ‘lang’ sounds as hundreds of men vibrated their iron fork and exuded an ear-spitting sound, as various people have moved one step.

Shi Potian cried: “oh!”
    He anxiously stood up so that he could flee and thought: “We are in this main hall, now it’s not easy to escape.”
    He looked at Zhang San and Li Si, one was grinning and the other had a mystifying look but still both maintained their composure, Shi Potian had no alternative so he simply sat down.

Yu Desheng said: “Is it so, or do you have something to say too?”
    Zhang San said with a smile: “Chief helmsman Yu, you are the Shanxi ‘crouching tiger gate’ only disciple; in present age your ‘double short fork’ martial-arts is incomparable.
    We are here to invite you to the island of heroes to eat a bowl of ‘eight meat gruel’. We don’t have any other intension and please don’t look over it suspiciously.”

Yu Desheng hesitated for a moment, put out a hand on the table and the two bronze medals jumped, caught it and put in the bosom, said: “I accept the invitation for ‘eight meat gruel’.”
    Zhang San gave thumbs up sign and said: “many thanks Chief helmsman Yu, me and my brother didn’t came here on a futile pursuit.”

Thanks for the translation.

Merry xmas.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Merry X-mas to all of you too...have a great time

From the crowd suddenly one man called out: “Although Chief helmsman Yu is our head but still our ‘Iron fork sect’ has numerous heroes who are not afraid to die. We cannot let the Chief helmsman to lose his life for us brothers.”

As soon as Shi Potian heard this sound, he recognized him as that Brother Hu who killed two people in the cabin on that ship; he knew that this person is very fierce in nature and got afraid, his heart thumping madly.

Yu Desheng forced a smile and said: “give more lives in vain, what’s the gain? I have already decided; Brother Hu, no need to talk too much.” As he was speaking this he took the wine pot and poured for Zhang San, but the right hand was trembling and he spilled the wine on the tabletop.
    Zhang San said with a smile: “Chief helmsman Yu Desheng is a big hero, you have killed s many without batting an eye, are you a little afraid today?”

He took the wine glass to his mouth nearby, with a ping pong sound, the wine glass fell suddenly in ground and broke in to pieces, and his body leaned on one side on chair.
    Shi Potian said: “eldest brother, how?”
    He leaned to other side and asked Li Si: “elder brother, he ......He ......”
    His words were not even finished and he saw Li Si leaning on the chair slowly. Shi Potian was frightened and felt helpless for a while.

In the beginning Yu Desheng thought that Zhang San and Li Si are doing this intentionally, but then he saw Zhang San face having a blood red color, breathing as though he have asthma, on the other hand Li Si had actually turned white, on his face appeared faint purplish black color, obviously they were severely poisoned.

Under his heart he felt great happiness but actually didn’t dare to take any action, he said with hypocrisy: “you two…what?”
    He saw Li Si shrank to the bottom of the table and not even twitching now.

Shi Potian was busy helping out Li Si, he asked: “two elder brothers, you ......You ......are you feeling uncomfortable?”
    He didn’t know that when he, Zhang San and Li Si were drinking wine it was actually poisonous wine and they had taken around eight-nine mouthful. By their skill if they normally used to drink three mouthfuls and quickly move their internal energy to neutralize the poison and face no problem.
    But this time even though they faked and still were reluctant to show off at the first they drank more than they could have handled. Also even though they were used to this medicated wine but they didn’t feel any abdominal pain because they had taken anti-dote earlier.

Actually the purpose of the anti-dote was to postpone the break-out of poison inside their stomach. This poisonous wine they were taking was for increasing their internal energy so this antidote didn’t neutralized the poisonous nature but only negated it to act for a limited amount of time and waits for the internal energy to sublimate the poison.
    This way antidote acts only to enhance the internal strength but didn’t neutralize the poison otherwise what would have been the use of such a precious medicated wine if one use anti-dote to negate its poison.

The internal energy of these two people was not enough to neutralize the poison but because of anti-dote it didn’t break-out at that time but suddenly now after so much time it broke-out.

In meantime both Zhang San and Li Si had severe pain in their abdominal region, their whole body went numb. These two people knew the situation is very critical, they direct their internal energy towards their pubic region hurriedly trying to bind the medicated wine in that region only and hoped to contain the poison outbreak in that part only and slowly bit by bit neutralize the poison before it reaches other internal organs otherwise they feared that if reaches their heart then its too late to recover.

However by now there life hanged seriously in the hands of other people, even if they can resist the poisoned wine in their stomach, actually it will be very difficult to run away from the main hall of ‘Iron fork sect’.
    Two people thought: “So we two people who have roamed the martial-art world freely, today die in here.”

Chief Helmsman Yu, that person surnamed Hu and all the other people of the ‘Iron fork sect’ saw Zhang San and Li Si suddenly leaning on the chair, sweating profusely, muscles on their faces twitching, with very painful facial expression, they were amazed greatly. Various people in the martial-art world shake even by the name of these people, although when they saw them in this situation everyone thought that they won’t get a better opportunity to get rid of them in a thousand years, but no one dared to act.

Shi Potian asked: “eldest brother, elder brother, you two have gotten drunk and now suddenly got sick?”
    Zhang San and Li Si didn’t answer him. They were partly lying and partly sitting and trying to direct their internal energy to neutralize the abdomen poison, not after much time a faint trace white smoke emitted from the top of their head.

When Yu Desheng saw the white smoke emitting from the top of the head he hurriedly said in a low voice: “Brother Hu, these two people are not injured or suffering from any foul disease and are moving internal energy to neutralize the poison, everybody move quick!”

That person surnamed Hu felt great happiness, actually he didn’t dare to approach, but the moment he heard chief helmsman he moved quickly and threw a iron fork at Zhang San. Zhang San tried to avoid it but only managed to divert it slightly, the iron fork inserted his shoulder and the blood splashed.
    Shi Potian called out in great surprise: “you ......you? You dare to injury my eldest brother?”

The various people of the ‘Iron fork sect’ saw this young person looking flustered and acting with helplessness so didn’t pay him any attention. When they saw that the fork of Brother Hu has already stabbed Zhang San and let alone attack, he even didn’t managed to deflect it properly felt happy and got inspired greatly, everyone shouting and whistling, at the same time three more Iron fork flied towards Shi Potian.

Shi Potian moved his left arm and in one horizontal swipe shakes off two iron forks and extended his right hand to meets the third iron fork. He moved sideways to protect both Zhang San and Li Si. Suddenly it was confusion in there, five more iron fork were thrown at him.

Shi Potian moved his hands to deflect the iron forks in a chaotic manner and because of his abundant internal energy it flied back, two iron fork stabbed at some person’s head, another one stuck someone’s abdomen.
    Yu Desheng saw that this place is very narrow and too crowded and more of his people with get injured or lose there lives if it continues so he called out: “everybody stop for a moment, let me deal with this young thief first.”

As soon as he bent his waist, both his hand moved and by the time he straightened up, in each hand, he already had a shining short steel fork.
    The ‘Iron fork sect’ people withdraw in abundance, they stood close to the wall and called with one voice: “Look at chief helmsman, how is he going to tidy up this thief boy.”

In that underground secret room, the sound cannot pass on and turned in a melancholy.
    Yu Desheng gave bow, and then with exceptional speed attacked Shi Potian suddenly, both short steel forks were up and down, and moved respectively toward his cheeks and his waist.

Shi Potian has not expected the opposite party to go offensive so quickly and unexpectedly, he called out: “Ahh” and yelling this he stepped out forward one step, but at the same time the iron fork connected with his waist and right arm at the same time. When he tried to grab the iron fork, Yu Desheng saw that this person’s martial-arts was not that great so his spirit soared and rest of ‘Iron fork sect’ people too sensed him and shouted repeatedly, he moved like a tornado.

Shi Potian’s right arm was injured lightly, but his waist was got stabbed and it was really aching. He saw that Yu Desheng was again moving with amazing speed and will strike his vest, immediately he leaned his body to get out of the way, turned over his palm to attack the opponent.........

Default lol

lol...that was interesting.

thanks.

This move was taught to him by Ding Busi. When Yu Desheng who was a expert in hand-to-hand fight saw Shi Potian executing a move although its posture was really ugly, but when he raised his hand he heard a faint sound and recognized the fierce internal energy and inside his heart felt terrified.
    He used his life-long experience and immediately changed his move, now both small steel forks moved to stab Shi Potian’s key acupoints.

Zhang San and Li Si were trying to contain the abdomen poison and at the same time were looking at Shi Potian and You Desheng fighting, they knew that today they will live or not will be decided by the victory of Shi Potian. They saw with their own eyes innumerable good opportunities missed, both were feeling pity and anxious, but didn’t dare to lose concentration.

As the fight continued, Shi Potian’s right leg was struck by the short steel fork, he cried out: “Ahhh” and shot out his right palm toward Yu Desheng. Yu Desheng sniffed a thick sweet ice-cold odor, and he felt dizziness in his head and the next moment he fainted. Shi Potian gave a foolish expression and leapt backward.

That person surnamed Hu came up quickly and saw Yu Desheng’s face turning its color and changing to purplish black, obviously he was hit by a violent poison; as soon as he sniffed that odor, he was dead.
    He got shocked and angry almost at the same time, the hissing sound came out: “little thief ......this boy, you poisoned our chief, we will get you! Everybody, this boy had killed the chief helmsman.”
    All the ‘Iron fork sect’ people cried and took out their iron forks and pointed towards Shi Potian and started stamping it creating massive noise.

Shi Potian kept in front of Zhang San and Li Si. As he didn’t dare to leave them and knew the moment he left his place everyone will move towards these two righteous brothers.

Ten iron forks moved towards him, he desperately snatched an iron fork broke off its handle and used it as a saber executing the Golden Phoenix skill, made a horizontal swipe to keep away the attack, his exerted his formidable internal energy on the fork.
    The moment iron forks connected everyone experienced an incredible shock and suddenly ten iron forks were flying in the air. One person stood his ground and tried to grasp Shi Potian and attacked him with his body.
    Shi Potian saw his aggressive move and moved his left hand to strike him, he connected him above his ten fingers, only heard a ka-ka sound, the his wrist bone broke off , he stopped for a moment and then suddenly fell on the ground, dead on the spot.

All of sudden it was a melee. No one was paying attention to his life and hurriedly seven-eight people attacked Shi Potian, some were using their iron fork, some empty-handed. Shi Potian didn’t dare to move back even one step, saw several people attacking together; he moved his palm to hit. He didn’t know what happened but suddenly the opponents start falling down immediately as if some kind of divine help.

This way in succession he managed to knock out six people, several people yelled: “this boy’s poisonous palm is fierce, everybody be careful.”
    Also some people called out: “Elder brother Wang San was also killed by this boy’s poisonous palm, this young ......young ......evil heart ......” his words were not even complete and thump, he fell to the ground, an iron fork hit him hard on his face. This person was not hit by the palm of Shi Potian, still he too died.

The ‘Iron fork sect’ people got intimidated, they withdrew step by step, but heard sound of choking, the sound of something being struck or falling to the ground, several sounds of ‘Ahhh….Ohhhh..’ were heard. Several people tried to turn around so they can run away, but after two steps or so fell and died.
    In an instant, in the hall hundred people were lying and that place was filled up with dead, only alive person were four highest skilled people, they put out a hand to cover up their nose and mouth and rushed outside but before they reached the hall entrance, four people then pushed a group, and also fell dead.

Shi Potian saw these scenes, and got frightened and stared speechlessly. He compared this situation to the one in the corpse ship which he met at the Azure mist island and got panic-stricken even ten times more. At that time he saw the corpses of the ‘flying fish sect’ people and they were already dead but at this moment he was fighting with them and suddenly all of them died themselves. He did not know what happened and which malicious ghost did it.

He remembered these people saying that the poisonous palm was fierce, so he looked at his palm, saw on his both palms some group of dark red spot like a blood red cloud, these red cloud also had innumerable blue color stripes. When he swore brotherhood with these two people he saw a red spot on both his palms surrounded by blue spots but at that time it was really tiny, he did not know how its appearance changed so much suddenly.

He looked at it once again, cannot bear to see and felt disgusting, only thought that these two palms have become similar to belly of a poisonous snake or centipede walking on its hand, he smelt some kind of stench and also felt a thick cold breath.
    He turns the head to look towards Zhang San and Li Si, he saw only gentle looks of both people, on top of their head were thick white clouds, an iron fork still sticking out of Zhang San’s shoulder.
    He thought: “I should pull out this iron fork from his shoulder.”
    As soon as he held the fork handle to pull out gently, blood sprouted from Zhang San’s shoulder. Shi Potian hurriedly tore his front tunic and bound his wounds.

He heard Zhang San saying in a low voice: “you .....listen to ...what ...I ......say ......according to ......my words ......make ......” he said one word at a time, the sound and the intonation were both low and slow. In handling poison Zhang San and Li Si were equally matched, but because of his shoulder wound Zhang San has lost a lot of blood and also his wound had got infected so he was feeling really weak.
    Shi Potian nods anxiously and said: “yes, yes, eldest brother please instruct.”
    Zhang San said: “put your ......left hand ......to the.......back of my …heart ......to hold the …Lingtai acu-point ......” then he spoke a few more words, spent a long time, then only he managed to teach Shi Potian how to use his internal energy to force poison out of his body, by the time he was finished Zhang San was already sweating profusely, his complexion was still red like blood.

Shi Potian didn’t dare to neglect, as everything depend on him he started immediately, untied his coat, with his left hand held down his Lingtai acu-point, with his right hand held the Shan-Zhong acu-point, with his left hand forcing the poison and with the left hand attracting it, within a small time a thin thread of smoke rose from his heart as poison start to dissipate.

Shi Potian used all his internal energy to force poison out Zhang San body, suddenly he heard the footsteps sounds, and around ten people rushed inside holding iron forks in their hand. These people followed orders and stayed outside to guard. A long time passed and they didn’t heard any sound so they came to check immediately, even in their worst dreams they couldn’t have expected that chief helmsman and all the brothers were lying on the ground horizontally, all dead.
    At first they were panic-stricken, but then they saw Shi Potian, Zhang San and Li Si sitting on the ground, obviously they were seriously injured, various people shouted at once and attacked with their iron forks to stab these three people.

Shi Potian was treating Zhang San, unexpectedly these people rushed in. he turned around to resist them. They have just crossed about ten meter or so then suddenly all of them kind of got paralyzed, went on their knees and died by the time they fell.

Shi Potian was frightened, his heart nearly jumped up his mouth, he started to tremble and said: “big ......Eldest brother, in this room there is a malicious ghost. We should quickly leave......”

Zhang San shook his head, by now he had rested and around half the poison of his body was now neutralized, the abdominal pain was now a lot less fierce and he said: “you ......with this method ......treat ...elder brother Li Si .....also.”
    Shi Potian said: “Yes...yes!”

So as instructed by Zhang San he again repeated the same process on Li Si. After some time a faint trace of cold air started to come out of him, as the poison in the body of Li Si started to reduce, he felt better and asked Shi Potian to help out Zhang San.

So he started once again on Zhang San, this way he kept on alternating between both Zhang San and Li Si for three more times. Although there was still some poison left inside their body but was now harmless. They wanted to leave some part of poison inside their body so that their body gets used to it and can resist it.

When both people looked around and saw the corpses, then only remembered how dangerous the situation was just a few moments back, and cannot help but to feel a lingering fear. They thought that Shi Potian has just now neutralized their poison however some time back he himself had somehow forced the poison to his palms.

Actually when they saw his face, it looked as though he is scared, but his manner was as usual, was not feeling any poison. They really believed that this boy had unknowingly taken ‘immortal lingzhi mushroom’ that’s why he has such an internal energy and is quite impervious to such deadly poison but whatever the reason they were both very happy also felt grateful secretly.

Obviously they knew that when the ‘iron fork sect’ people attacked him he utilized his internal energy vigorously and in the process forced out the poison from his palm in the air and poisonous winds, within a few time the entire hall was polluted by this poisonous air and whoever breathed died, such was the potency of the poison.
    This was not a easy matter to explain to Shi Potian, when they saw that he hasn’t asked the reason for this carnage, they also didn’t raised the issue.

Zhang San said: “Elder brother, third brother, let’s go!” he walked out followed by Li Si and Shi Potian.
    As the three people come out of that tunnel, they saw about a dozen more people outside with iron forks in their hands and looking around.
    When they saw them coming out alone, one of them shouted and others started to encircle them. Some people shouted asking questions: “Where is chief helmsman? Why is he not coming out? How are you people coming out alone?”

Zhang San said with a smile: “Your chief helmsman is inside!”
    That person asked again: “how did you come out first?”
    Zhang San replied with a smile: “I can’t explain it right now, its better that you go inside and find it yourself.”

Suddenly both of his hands moved and he held a person by his chest and threw him in the tunnel. The ‘Iron fork sect’ people called out in alarm and numerous iron forks moved to stab them. Zhang San didn’t dodge to evade their attack and fished his hand in air to seize their fork and the next moment two people were thrown backwards.

Shi Potian stood in one side, and saw Zhang San grasping the iron forks of these people conveniently, very easily, no matter what the opposite party did to resist his moves still he was able to get there forks and used it against them. The more he looked the he more he was surprised, thought earlier I saw elder brother’s martial-art and now I am seeing again, it’s really amazing and incomparable, he is truly a expert.

Li Si folded both his hands and stood behind, he didn’t go forward to help Zhang San. In a moment Zhang San has knocked down about ten people. People were lying here and there. The person lying farthest yelled: “run away!”

He tried to rush into to the tunnel, other people too followed him in.
    Shi Potian called out: “There is danger inside, do not go in!” but actually no one listened to him and all went in.
    Under his heart he had innumerable suspicions: How can the ‘Iron fork people’ just die like that? Why the two elder brothers got poisoned and suddenly have stomach pain? Why did eldest brother catch up with into these many people in the tunnel? He did not know whether he should ask these questions then after a while finally asked: “eldest brother, second elder brother!”

Zhang San said: “well! Who is there on that side?”
    As soon as Shi Potian turned his head and looked at that side, he saw no one, not even a shadow, he asked: “what person?”
    He didn’t hear any response from Zhang San so he again turned around and whoop!

No one was there…there was no trace of Zhang San or Li Si too. He was shocked and didn’t understand why both elder brothers disappeared suddenly.
    Shi Potian shouted: “Eldest brother, two elder brothers! Have you gone in there?”

He called several times but no person came out and he didn’t hear anything so he came out of the tunnel.
    He was at loss so he thought about looking in to the houses in the village. He came out of that thatched hut and rushed in to seven-eight houses but didn’t found a single person.
    In the meantime he saw the red sun glowing; it was morning now, every place was sunlit but in this big village, he saw no one and it was entirely emptily.

He remembered the situation in the tunnel and in the hall where various people died such a tragic death and cannot help but shivered. He cried loudly and then ran way. He ran for about ten miles and then only slowed down. He suddenly thought about his palms and looked at them, the palm's red cloud and the blue grain has now again reduced to about half of when he saw in the hall, also it didn’t looked that disgusting now, thinking this he tried to console his heart.

He still did not know that his strong internal energy actually has forced this acute poison out of his abdomen through the meridians to the palm. After learning the ‘arhat’s divine demon subduing skill’ in the ancestral hall, he was practicing his internal energy every day, so gradually as this violent poison reduced, his internal energy was also improving along with it, this way after the nineteenth day all the poison from his body will be expelled.

He leisurely strolled along the road, walked about half of the day and arrived near the Yangtze River. Along the shore he saw a main road so he took it went ahead immediately.

Shortly before noon he bought some noodles from a small town to eat and then traveled in the East direction. He had no cares, so he roamed willfully. As the evening came he saw a yellow wall in front of him in the woods. He went near that place and saw it was a temple, the house was grand, before the gate was a broad and straight greenish-black slate road, at the entrance were standing two guards carrying long sword's and wearing yellow hat like a Taoist.

The two guards saw Shi Potian approaching towards the temple.
    One of them a middle-aged person asked: where are you coming?”
    He saw Shi Potian wearing dirty cloths, looked quite young and also a bit slow-witted; the way he was looking around, so he spoke in a very impolite manner.

Shi Potian didn’t think much about it and said with a smile: “I just walk casually and there isn’t anything specific I want. Is it a Buddhist temple? I have money, so I can buy food to eat.

That guard got angry: “this boy talks nonsense. Do we look like Buddhist priest? We have not opened a hotel here and are not selling food. Who are you showing your money? Get lost! Get lost quickly or if you deliberately start trouble again here, I will break your leg.”

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Yay - LOL - the poison-man - hahaha, I'm eagerly waiting for this part. Thanks for translating it, cheers .

the story is becoming more more intersting.

Happy new year to all....may God bless us.

The other young guard pressed the sword hilt, on his face a wicked grin appeared and he looked as though he will draw his sword and kill him.
    Shi Potian said: “I was hungry that’s why I asked to buy some food to eat. I am not interested in fights. Why should I kill you?” as he was saying he turned around to get out of the way.
    That young guard got angry and said: “what did you say?” and he move ahead to catch him.

After saying that Shi Potian understood that this person might have misunderstood him; He remembered how in the tunnel hall so many ‘Iron fork sect’ people have died and in his heart regretted it. He didn’t want fight with more people, so when he saw that young guard moving towards him with an intension to fight, he was scared that he might kill him so he immediately ran away into the woods.

He only heard the two guards laughing at him and the middle-aged person saying: “That dirty boy really got frightened, a real coward, the moment he saw us he ran away with his tails in between his legs.
    He saw the two Taoist priests are no longer pursuing him and also saw it was getting dark. He wanted to look for a wild fruit or something to appease his hunger, but in the forest there were only pine trees or the cedar trees or nothing that had any fruits on them.

He rushed to a small hillside took a higher position to look out. He saw only that Taoist temple and around ten or so houses. From one of the chimneys of house he saw a white smoke coming out; obviously someone was boiling the vegetable to cook.
    Besides this Taoist temple, he looked out in all directions as far as the eye can see, there were no other houses.
    He saw the smoke coming from kitchen chimneys and heard chaotic sound from his stomach.

He thought: “these Taoist guards are really fierce, as soon as I open my mouth they will start to fight, maybe I should take a look from behind, if it has anything to eat, I may took it and then walk away. Only in that case I need to put down the money or I will be a young thief.”
    Immediately he circled the forest around the Taoist temple, looked for the on the smoke from kitchen chimneys, jumped over a wall, stayed in line of the wall, saw one of the back door semi-open and moved sideways to enter inside.

By now it was totally dark, even one can go to the courtyard, but he heard the sounds of people talking, the sound of spoons in the vegetable pot, the ‘pssst’ sound of oil in a cooked food, the intermittent fragrance fluttered in the entire courtyard. He was looking precisely at the kitchen. Shi Potian swallowed the mouth saliva quietly and immediately hid in a dark corner in the corridor to the kitchen entrance and thought “It looks as this these meals are to be delivered there. I hope that if I walk away with a bowl of meat then these people will not fight and kill people for the rest of the food.”

He was really thinking of going in, and then three people came out from the kitchen. All three were young Taoist priests, one person was raising a lantern and the other two were following him with various trays, in the plate were hot cooked food, fragrant overflowing, obviously there were several delicious meat dishes.
    Shi Potian swallowed greedy saliva, put the light footsteps and followed them on the heels quietly. Three young Taoist priests passed through the corridor, and arrived in a main hall, and put down the cooked food on the table. The young Taoist priests turned around to go out, keeping down the chair for one more person, keeping the cups and chop sticks for a total of three people.

Shi Potian hid outside the long window; he looked for anyone in the hall or in the corridor. He waited with extreme anxiousness while those young Taoist priests moved out of his sight and then quickly went inside the hall. He quickly started with the bowl and the braised beef and filled them in his mouth and both his hands ripped through the steam chicken's leg.
    He had only swallowed the first beef, and then he heard a sound outside the long window, someone saying: “Younger brother, younger sister, please come in.”
    He then heard footsteps sound and several people were arriving at the hall.

Shi Potian thought in his heart: “It’s not good!”
    With only the steam chicken leg in his hand, he hurriedly pulled out some money from his bosom and put it on the table and then rushed to the back room, he heard the footsteps sound from back room too, and obviously there were also some people. He glanced around in the main hall and saw that there was no place for him to hide completely. He cannot help but cursed his luck: “It looks that I have to fight these people.”

In a few moments all these people were already near the long window, he remembered the ‘Iron fork sect’ main hall and how everyone died. He exactly didn’t know how they all died but he still felt guilt in his conscience about their death, as he was fighting his own demons. He was desperate to avoid any fight so he glanced again and saw a big plaque hanging at the crossbeam. He didn’t think much and immediately jumped up onto the crossbeam, and hid behind the plaque.

He straightens up after bowing and performing the kowtow, and took shelter apologizing. The moment he hid behind the plaque, the long window was shoved open and several people walked in.

He only heard one person saying: “Brothers please, senior brother is really too polite to have prepared such delicious food and wine.”
    Shi Potian listens to this voice and felt familiar; he peeped downward from the gap between wooden plaque and crossbeam and only saw several people accompany a male and female, both these people sitting together. Obviously these two people were the famous Shi couple; Shi Qing and Min Rou. He felt really grateful to these two people, especially Madam Min Rou. He remembered how she had in the past presented him silver as a gift, also that day in temple of village god she taught him some sword skills and was very compassionate towards him. As soon as he remembered it, he felt warmth in his heart.

The person with white hair said: “Younger brother, Younger sister, you have come from far away. I am really happy and am offering did glass of ordinary wine.”
    Suddenly he saw on the table, some juice was dripping, in a large bowl, there was only left over remnant soup. In bowl's main meat dishes, a chicken leg was missing. He did not know how it suddenly vanished into thin air, also nearby the bowl were kept some silver ingots.
    The person with white hair wrinkled his brows and thought that these young Taoist priests are really negligent, nobody is on guard here. It looks as if a cat has eaten some food and ran away. These visitors have come from such a far place; I can’t even reprimand these fellows for their mistake.

By now the young Taoist priest who cane to serve food and all other people too saw that bowl of remnant soup and felt awkward. That priest hurriedly moved and tidied the place as nobody said about anything.
    That old person than asked Mr. and Mrs. Shi Qing to take the seat of honor and himself sit at the side, he stroked his gown sleeve stroked lightly and covered up the silver ingot. He waited for a few moments and then removed it n such a way so that no one can he see it.

In the centre these three people took their seat and the rest of the Taoist priests divided themselves in two rows and sat on the other side.
    After three rounds of wine that old person sighed and said: “I’m seeing you after eight years… such a long time. Younger fellow-disciples, you look great and wonderful. Your stupid Elder fellow-disciples have grown old and withered.

Shi Qing said: “senior brother had grown his hair white but in his spirit he is still healthy and vigorous.”
    That old man said: “what white? I am still like a bull in my heart. All my hair turned white in only one night. Younger brother, younger sister if you people had arrived three days ago, you could have seen my beard and hair at least half black and half white.

Shi Qing asked: “Senior brother, Are you worried about the two envoys of the ‘command of reward and punishment’?”
    That old man sighs and said: “Perhaps apart from this matter, there isn’t any other matter in this martial-arts world right now. Only two things matter right now, this ‘Shan Qing’ temple and these young Taoist apprentices.”

Shi Qing said: “I and younger sister were nearby Lake Chaohu when we heard from some people that the two envoys of ‘command of reward and punishment’ have resurfaced in the martial-arts world. So we traveled through out the night and came here to discuss a strategy with the chief of ‘Shan Qing temple’ and all your fellow apprentices.
    ‘Shan Qing’ temple has such a high reputation in martial-arts world for past ten years. Perhaps high position invites criticism, so those two envoys of ‘command of reward and punishment’ can be targeting you senior brother as you are the head of this temple. If you don’t have any problem than younger brother and sister will like to stay in the temple for a month in case those two visit us, although our skills are pretty poor but still if senior brother doesn’t mind, we can serve with our lives.”

That old person Tian Xu sighed gently, fishes out two bronze medals from his bosom, and placed them on the table.

Shi Potian was sitting above their head; saw it clearly, same two signs, a smiling face and an angry face, just as he had seen earlier. He was unable to restrain his heart to thump madly and thought: This old Taoist priest also has these two signs?”

Shi Qing too was shocked and cried: “Ohhh”, then said : “so those two envoys of ‘command of reward and punishment’ already got you, so after all we are one step late. It’s a difficult matter. When did it happen? Senior brother you ......How did you dealt with it?”

Tian Xu sat silently, didn’t answer for a while, and then said: “This happened three days ago. As head of ‘Shan Qing temple’ and for the righteous cause, I had complied with their wishes and accepted the invitation to take the ‘Eight meat gruel’ in the island of heroes.

Shi Qing saw the two bronze medals, also saw the look in the faces of all the priests in the temple, he had already guessed the situation the moment he came in, stood up suddenly and immediately bowed in front of him clasping his hand and said: “Senior brother has taken the heavy burden of taking care of this ‘Shan Qing’ temple alone, younger brother feels ashamed and expresses his thanks. But younger brother has a presumptuous request; I hope senior brother doesn’t refuse.”
    Tian Xu returned his salute and said: “Worldly thing, at this moment doesn’t matter to me lot. My worthy brother what ever you say I will do.”
    Shi Qing said: “So it means Senior brother has consented?”

Tian Xu said: “Obviously consented. My worthy brother, but can I know what exactly your instructions are?”
    Shi Qing said: “Your younger brother is brazenly bold, but senior brother you must invite us husband and wife to share the command of this ‘Shan Qing’ temple.”

The moment he said his words the countenance of the people in the hall changed.
    Tian Xu didn’t reply and hesitated.
    Shi Qing said: “Younger brother and his wife want to share the command of this sect so we can go the island of heroes and taste the ‘Eight meat gruel’.”

Tian Xu laughed, but his laughter was actually filled with bitter, astringent meaning. Tears glistening in his eyes, he said: “my worthy brother, I declined your request with thanks. I have been chief of this ‘Shan Qing’ temple and the sect for past ten years. It is well-known in the martial-art world, today in time of crisis, if I evade my responsibility or even shrink back in fear than what face can I show to others.?”

He spoke these words and put out a hand to hold Shi Qing right palm, said: “my worthy brother, you are far to younger than me right now, you also have a family although small but still you have one. Your martial-arts is really very good even you are best in our sect and so is your moral behavior. I usually drink a lot and getting old.
    I have already agreed to go to island of heroes and eat ‘Eight meat gruel’. I would have happily given you command of the ‘Shan Qing temple’ but in these circumstances I really can’t follow your instruction. ha, ha!”
    His laughter was full of irony.

Shi Potian listened about that island of heroes and the ‘eight meat gruel’ and didn’t understand any thing. He once listened about it from his eldest brother at the ‘Iron fork sect’ main hall, however the way this old Taoist was speaking about eating that ‘eight meat gruel’ was entirely different. As soon as that Taoist mentioned that appointment, his look changed entirely.
    He thought: “is it some fatal poison in that gruel or what?

He again heard Tian Xu saying: “my worthy brother, my hair turned white in a single night, it is not that I covet my life or am afraid of death. I am already sixty-two this year, even if I have died this year, it could have been considered as is dying of old age. My only concern is this great misfortune of the martial art world every ten year. Can we maintain the prestige and honor of our sect?

That is the true difficult matter. During the past 30 years, the island of heroes has organized this ‘eight meat gruel’ feast about three times.
    At each meeting, whichever head of any sect has attended this feast, no one has come back. As soon as I die, you should not pity, but it’s a time of damage control, we actually must think of some proper method to move forward.”

As soon as Shi Qing heard this he too smiled, carried his wine cup, drinks up, said: “senior brother, We husband and wife are overreaching ourselves, but still I must ask the senior brother to yield. It is not the case that we are sending two people of senior generation to deliver their life but actually we must go to find the truth about these people. Perhaps if God blesses us, we can uncover the truth of this island of heroes. Although we did not dare to say that out martial arts can match them but if in the martial-art world no one will try than how can we know about this great evil. As long as someone can unravel this mystery, the martial-art world will be in chaos and no one will be able to stand off against island of heroes.”

Tian Xu shakes his head slowly, said: “It is not that I am disparaging your ambitions my worthy brother. Look, the likes of Shaolin Temple’s wondrous truth abbot, Wudang sect’s simpleminded Taoist priest, Qingcheng sect’s the clear spatial Buddhist priest and so on, several master have gone there and that’s it. Although my worthy brother, your martial-arts is high, eventually ......Still in comparison to the Shaolin temple’s abbot and Wudang sect’s Taoist priest, it’s nothing.”

Shi Qing said: “Younger brother actually do know about all these stuff but every thing is not just a matter of merit but also half depends on the luck. We have to somehow exterminate this big evil, or at least try to acquire some knowledge about them otherwise everything else is a futile exercise.”
    Tian Xu still shook his head, said: “’Shan Qing’ temple should prosper for hundreds of year. After I die you should take care of it. Hereafter my worthy brother, you husband and wife must make every effort to stop this sect from deterioration and annihilation. If you accept this offer I will be deeply grateful.”

Shi Qing said over and over but that old person didn’t relent. Various people didn’t drink at all and put the wine cup as it is, even forgot to eat the delicious food. Shi Potian tore down the chicken gently, squeezes in his mouth; he was afraid that they might hear him chewing and swallowed it completely. He was eating but his entire attention was on the people and their discussion.

He saw Shi Qing and Tian Xu discussing and rest of them listening. Madam Min Rou didn’t interrupted, after some time she slowly puts out a hand and took the two bronze medals, looked at the meeting and conveniently held it to her bosom.
    Tian Xu called out: “Younger sister, please lay it down!”
    Min Rou shows a faint smile and said: “I am receiving it for the senior fellow-disciple, isn’t the same.”

Tian Xu saw that she is not willing to give up these bronze medals so puts out a hand to seize. This time Min Rou stretched out her chopsticks towards the bowl of red-roasted rice field eel, intercepting his move, his right arm just blocking Tian Xu’s palm.
    As soon as this happened, Madam Shi collided her empty hand with that of Tian Xu and quickly pulled it back. She exchanged the bronze medal in a flash from her other hand and said: “Now I received it from you!”

Madame Shi raised her left hand; her four fingers moved as though she was playing a pipa (a lute with four strings) to flick his wrist. Tian Xu moved his left hand towards Madam Shi right wrist. She fluttered her right wrist, the left middle finger sprang and a great force moved in the direction of Tian Xu’s chest.

Tian Xu has taken over the leadership of the ‘Shan Qing’ temple for last ten years and was adept at numerous palm techniques.
    He knew both the Shi couple themselves want to go their death, even though they have originally good intention in their heart, but these two bronze medals involved him and he had already accepted the invitation in front of the entire temple, so if it falls in to someone else hand and he loses his life than what face can he show to others.

He saw Madame Shi attacking at his chest so immediately wields the palm to parry her move.
    Both these people did not left their seat and had fought in a blink of a eye about seven-eight moves, both these people had learnt from the same teacher and were disciples of Shan Qing temple. Although they were using moves which were not dangerous and still it was not just a practice session and both wrestles with all their strength in that little space. When two people of same school meet and compared their martial-arts skills after about twenty years, in their heart both were really pleased by the exquisite skill displayed by the other. Even though they had met several times during these last twenty years; still they never got an opportunity to test their skill against each other.

The rest of the Taoist priests who were apprentices at the ‘Shan Qing’ temple watched these people comparing their skill with rapt attention. These people knew about Shi couple for more than ten years, by their astounding reputation in the realm of rivers and lakes. They also knew that how they rushed to help them and saw with their own eyes how Madam Shi had robbed bronze medal from Tian Xu showing amazing composure and thought that she really deserve the acclaim and reputation.

These two people were evenly matched for about ten moves but Madame Shi was holding those two bronze medals in her right hand so she was only able to use the fist of her right hand and was unable to cancel some Tian Xu palm moves by grasping or any other open-hand techniques, so she was at a great disadvantage. Also Tian Xu was trying to put pressure on her to open her palm so he can get back the bronze medals. Madame Shi knew in the heart that she can’t hold these medals for some time so she threw the medals using internal energy towards her husband, all the other disciples of Tian Xu saw the elegance and internal energy involved and didn’t dare to compete with Shi Qing to snatch the medals.

Shi Qing puts out a hand and was just about to take, suddenly he felt a strong force moving towards his face, it was precisely Tian Xu, he has executed the ‘Shan Qing’ temple’s sect’s double palm move, the moment he saw Madam Shi throwing the bronze medals. Although this move was not that difficult to handle but it was a very formidable move, if one does not resist then can be seriously injured, even if he took the bronze medal in the hand, still he would probably drop it after the impact. As he was left with no option he didn’t move towards the bronze medal and right away moved his palm to obstruct Tian Xu’s move.

As soon as soon as Shi Qing took the defensive posture, the medal moved towards Zhao Xu, one of their fellow-disciples, who caught it with his hand. The moment Zhao Xu caught the medals all the four started laughing and he Shi couple gave up the idea of getting the bronze medal.

After a moment Shi Potian saw Tian Xu smiling and bowing towards Madam Shi and said: “Younger brother, Younger sister, please forgive me for offending you.”
    Mr. and Mrs. Shi Qing hurriedly stood up and returned salute.

Shi Qing said: “Elder brother, please don’t say these words, actually we husband and wife were very disrespectful. The internal strength of elder brother is so strong that we can’t even think to compete against you. Although we did a stupid mistake, but still as it’s said if one part of body get injured, entire body feels the pain. Alas! we are in an utterly hopeless situation.”
    When Tian Xu used his internal strength then only Shi Qing realized how strong his internal strength really was.
    Tian Xu forced a smile and said: “Younger brother, please don’t mind and say these word. Let’s drink!” He took a wine cup and tossed it.

Shi Potian saw Min Rou sighing at her lack of skill; he did not know that these two bronze medals have what significant responsibility. He was only concerned about her failure and thought: “this Taoist priest has snatched the bronze medals; I will take it from him and give it to Madame Shi.”
    He saw Shi Qing standing up and saying: “I hope senior brother returns safely. Younger brother's manners were really despicable and we didn’t even talk properly about the old days. Now we are leaving elder brother, goodbye.”

Every one shivered with fear in their heart as he said these words.
    Tian Xu asked: “I have heard that my worthy brother had sent his son to the ‘Snow mountain sect’ for learning martial-arts. Despite the incomparable prestige of you husband and wife still ‘Snow Mountain sect’ has shown reckless courage to capture your son?”

Shi Qing sighed and said: “This matter is a long story, most probably it’s my fault that I was not able to teach my son proper moral values. It’s my son who has committed evil so what’s the point blaming others.”
    His sense of rights and wrongs were absolutely clear, although Bai Wanjian has burnt down his family manor, still he knew that his son had committed the crime and he didn’t have any resentment against ‘Snow Mountain sect’.

Tian Xu said in a clear, resonant voice: “Younger brother, younger sister, these people have kidnapped your beloved son, obviously they despise our 'Shan Qing temple’. No matter how big or powerful there background is, even though our skills are poor still we must help you to get your son back.”
    He paused for a moment and then said again: “your beloved son got captured because of their superiority in numbers, actually we can still catch up with them if we leave ‘Shan Qing’ temple immediately. We are fellow-disciples and should help each other. Younger brother tell me, are still not good friends after all these years?”

He thought that the enemy did not fear Shi Qing couple and were confident of there victory just on the basis of their numerical strength. He thought that the ‘Snow Mountain sect’ is reckless and disrespectful to send its disciples to capture Shi Zhongyu.

Shi Qing and Min Rou both were not willing to take the skeleton out of the closet. They also thought the ‘Shan Qing temple’ is right now facing a imminent disaster and already have to deal with a powerful enemy. Obviously this is not a right time to have ‘Snow Mountain sect’ as their enemy too.

Shi Qing said: “senior brother, thanks for the kindness, we husband and wife are deeply grateful. We have not yet fully investigated this matter and don’t know exactly how these things happened. Let us, younger brother and wife go and properly look in to the matter and if needed, we will return to the ‘Shan Qing temple’ to ask for senior brother’s help.”
    Tian Xu said: “Exactly, Younger brother, younger sister, please don’t waste more time and go and look for your beloved son. Once you get any news please come to ‘Shan Qing temple’ and then we will leave immediately.”

Both Shi Qing and Min Rou cupped one hand in the other across the chest to express gratitude, however in their heart were actually downcast and thought: “The ‘Snow Mountain sect’ had already ordered the execution of our child, we husband and wife should accept the fate. How can we come to the ‘Shan Qing temple’ to ask for reinforcement?”
    After that both people said goodbye and moved out, Tian Xu and rest of the group too followed them out to see them off.

Shi Potian is almost Wuji-esque in his ability to hide and eavesdrop.

Shi Potian saw these people leaving and immediately leapt from the plaque on the ground and then quickly left the room and crossed the wall. Once he was outside, he thought: “That master Shi and Madam Shi said that their son was captured by some people, actually who, I don’t know right now. It looks like that bronze medal is only a plaything and is immaterial. It seems that these people are fellow disciple and were just playing with that bronze medal and they have a very good friendship.
    Madame Shi treats me very well; I must help her to pursue their son. I should ask her first, her son’s age, what was his appearance and who has captured him?”

He leapt on to o a tree and saw two rows of ten lanterns in north-east direction. It looked the ‘Shan Qing temple’ disciples were seeing them of the forest.

Shi Potian thought: “These Shi couple both ride two very fast horses, I should try to run as fast as possible to catch them.”
    He saw that both people were taking a straight road, so he jumped from the tree and ran along the hillside after them.
    He didn’t pay much attention and ran near the gate of the ‘Shan Qing temple’. He heard someone yelling: “who is there? Halt!”

When he hid behind the plaque in the main hall, he held his breath and concealed himself without making any noise so no one detected him but here he was running and using his internal strength and unconsciously created quite a ruckus and immediately caught the attention of people nearby.

He stopped there only maintaining his composure as the Shi couple went farther and farther on their horses.
    In the darkness, suddenly Shi Potian felt two swords moving towards him, two Taoist priests took out their swords in front of them, the sword’s edge glimmering with the star light. It was extremely hazy, he saw to his left and saw that Taoist priest was that disciple of ‘Shan Qing temple’ who caught those bronze medals and in his heart, he felt happy and said: “Honorable Taoist priest?”
    That Taoist priest got startled for a moment and then said: “Yes, who are you, sire?”
    Shi Potian stretched his right hand and said: “I am here to take the bronze medal from you.”
    Zhao Xu got angry, and shouted: “You will get this!”

The sword then moved to stab his leg. In ‘Shan Qing’ temple, the commandments were very precise and rigorous, do not kill the innocents. Right now he didn’t even know the origin of the opponent, however the moment Shi Potian said he wants the bronze medal, it was kind of a taboo to him and he attacked.

Even though he was attacking the leg still it was a strategic point. Shi Potian slanted his body to avoid it; his right hand grasping his shoulder. Zhao Xu saw that he was agile, so he moved his long sword in a circle, aiming at his left shoulder.

Shi Potian lowered his head quickly to avoid it getting drilled; he feared that the sword will cut his head; so unconsciously he moved his right hand towards him. Zhao Xu only sniffed for a moment some fishy irritating stench from that dirty person, then felt dizzy, tried to stay on his feet but in a time one blink his eyes, he fell to the ground.

Shi Potian got startled, suddenly the second Taoist priest stabbed at his back with his long sword. He knew that there is something strange with his palm, as soon as he brings it to attack someone, people get killed. He didn’t dare to counterattack, he took a vertical leap and scoffed a sound, and his long gown was cut from the back by the sword. That Taoist priest thought that this person has evil intension and attacked more vigorously with his long sword moving to stab Shi Potian.

Shi Potian slanted his body to escape this move; he hurriedly picked up a long sword which was dropped by the other priest. He saw that this Taoist priest’ swordsmanship was really swift and fierce, so he immediately moved his sword and executed the Golden Phoenix sword moves. In his hand the sword along with the internal energy was very formidable, the moment the two swords connected, that Taoist was not able to hold the long sword in his hands and let it go. But he was the disciple of ‘Hand of palm sect' so he was well versed with the palm and seizing techniques and didn’t feared this situation when he was empty handed.

He took crouching posture and threw himself straight on Shi Potian’s bosom, with his both hands tried to grasp the hole between his lower chest's land abdomen. In his hand he didn’t have the sword and the enemy had the sword, so it was favorable for his to have a close hand-to-hand fight, this way the enemy won’t be able to use his weapon.

Shi Potian called out: “it’s not allowed!”
    He then attacked with his left hand and shoved that Taoist priest aside. By now the strong internal energy of his palm pushed the poison out along with that blow and as soon as Taoist fell to ground, he never got up.
    Shi Potian stamped the foot again and again, said: “oh! I didn’t want to harm you!”
    He heard the voice of dogs howling. He looked at the empty road and the two people on ground, both slumped and looked dead. In the dim light he saw two bronze medals still at his bosom. He puts out a hand to take it, puts it in the bag and stepped back and pursued anxiously after Shi couple.

In one breath he pursued them for about ten miles. He hadn’t heard the sound of the horse's hoof so thought: “These two horses are really quick, can I even catch them or not? Is it also possible that I came in the wrong direction? Shi Qing and madam Shi might not necessarily take this main road.”

As he was thinking suddenly he heard a sound of horse neighing from one side. He looked in that direction and saw two horses tied under a willow tree, one black and the other white. They were precisely the horses of Shi couple.

Shi Potian felt great happiness and took out the bronze medals from his bag in to his hand. He waited for moment to yawn and was just about to call the Shi couple when he heard the voice of Shi Qing from a distant place: “Younger sister, this young thief is stealthy following us. I think he harbors evil intentions. We should just wait and let him pass.”
    Shi Potian was startled and thought: “they do not like me coming after them?”
    Although he heard the voice of Shi Qing; but didn’t see these two people. He was afraid that if they see and attack him. Then he might kill them too if he is not careful. How can that be good?

He shrank his body hurriedly in the long grass nearby and waited for few moments. He thought that he should wait for Min Rou to appear and then will toss the bronze medals towards her and then will run away.

Suddenly he saw a person’s shadow flying out from the left side, holding a long sword in his hand pointing towards him and calling out loudly: “my friend, you are following us. What are you up to? Come out quickly.” She was Min Rou.

Shi Potian only managed to say: “I”.
    Then he heard sound of someone scoffing and then suddenly he heard three ringing sounds, someone was throwing hidden projectiles at Min Rou.

Good stuff. Thanks for translating!

Min Rou moved her sword firmly and the projectiles fell on the thick patch of grass.
    Then all of sudden a person with black clothing leapt out from that patch of grass and attacked Min Rou with a sword. Shi Potian felt it was strange that this person was hiding there too. He saw that person was very agile and skillful. He brandished his sword creating a hu-hu sound in the air. Min Rou resisted him very conveniently but didn’t counter-attack.

In a moment Shi Qing also came out, the long sword hanging in his waist. He crossed his hands behind the back, observed the fight for several moves and then said: “hey friend, are you a disciple of Lu’s Shiba from Taishan sect, isn’t it?”
    That person said: “yes, why?” He was still attacking Min Rou and the wiry sword didn’t stopped.

Shi Qing said with a smile: “Although we don’t have friendship with Lu Shiba but we also don’t have any animosity between us. So why are you following us husband and wife for last four-five miles, what is your intention?”
    That man said: “Don’t have free time to follow you people......”
    Initially Min Rou was not attacking her and just making superficial moves, but had actually thrown him in to confusion.

Shi Qing said with a smile: “The sword skills of Lu Shiba are really formidable, but you have actually not even learned the 30% of the original sword skill so it’s better for you to stop.”

The moment Shi Qing said these words Min Rou moved her long sword to stab his wrist at the same time, flutters her body to go behind him, reversed the sword and hit him with the hilt of sword and sealed up his acu-point.
    With a thud sound his wiry sword hit the ground. If Min Rou has completed her move with a straight sword then there would have been a big hole instead of a sealed acu-point.

Shi Qing said with a smile: “friend, what is your name?”
    That man was really stubborn and said: “If you want to kill me then kill me, why are you asking mu name?”
    Shi Qing said: “Friend, please don’t say then. It doesn’t matter. I think you have allied with a secret group and your master doesn’t know anything about it?”

The color of that man face changed to white, as if he said: “how do you know?”
    Shi Qing said: “Your respected master Lu Shiba don’t have any enmity with us so why will he send someone to track us husband and wife and especially he is such a respected authority, why will he send a disciple like you to track us.”

The implied meaning was obviously that your martial-art is far too poor and you are not even good enough to follow us so your master will never send you after us. That man’s face turned in to purple with shame when he heard this but fortunately it was a dark night so no one noticed it.

Shi Qing put out a hand on his shoulder, patted twice and said: “We husband and wife are very straight forward and frank people and we are not secretive about our whereabouts. If want to know than we will tell ourselves. We are just coming from the ‘Shan Qing temple’. You can visit the Taoist temple and ask master Tian Xu about us. Actually we were disciples of ‘Shan Qing temple’ in out youth and master Tian Xu was out senior fellow disciple.

Now we are going to the Snow Mountains, to Lingxiao city to pay visit to the Snow Mountain sect’s chief ‘'Gentleman of Impressive Strength and Virtue'. If the friend wants to ask anything else, then please ask away!”
    That man only thought that he only patted me twice and my acu-points are open, and admired him inside his heart, then he bowed and cupped one hand in the other across his chest and said: “You Shi couple treat people justly and leave up to your reputation; the younger generation has offended you.”
    Shi Qing said: “flattery!”

That man didn’t dare to pick up his wiry sword from the ground, held his hand again in front of Madame Shi, bowed and said: “Madame Shi, forgive me for offending you!”
    He then turned around to walk. Madame Shi returned the salute.

That man went ahead several steps, suddenly Shi Qing asked: “Friend, your secret society’s Shi Bangzhu can know our whereabouts?”
    As soon as he said these words, that man’s body shook and he turned around and said: “you ......You ............had known?”
    Shi Qing sighed and said: “I didn’t know. I don’t have any information. Isn’t it?”

That man shook his head and said: “I too don’t have any information.”
    Shi Qing said: “We husband and wife are also looking for him.”
    All three people looked at each other for half a day and then that man turned around and walked away.
    Min Rou said: “senior brother, is he from clan of eternal happiness?”
    As soon as Shi Potian heard “clan of eternal happiness”, these three word, he felt a jolt in his heard.

Shi Qing said: “When he turned around to get out of the way a moment ago, he raised his gown lapel; I vaguely saw a chrysanthemum embroidered on his gown. In the darkness I hadn’t saw it clearly, but as soon as I spoke thoughtlessly unexpectedly his response gave all the answers I needed. He ......He was tracking us originally for ......for our son Yu’er. If only I had known it earlier, I wouldn’t have pressed him to leave.”
    Min Rou sighed and said: “They ......They are helping Yu’er and are actually very loyal to him.”

Shi Qing said: “Yu’er is the chief of ‘Clan of eternal happiness. This sect is really very powerful and has lot of people in the sect. They are definitely looking for him and will try to rescue him from the Bai Wanjian and Snow Mountain sect. I am surprised that despite there numbers and contacts, still we have heard nothing of him.”
    Min Rou said mournfully: “how do you know that they have not still rescued him…....can’t we get back to him and ask?”

Shi Qing took her wife's hand and pulled her to sit beside him under the willow tree, and said warmly: “Look, if they had known any news about our son, they wouldn’t have sent people all around looking for him in the realm of rivers and lakes. This Lu Shiba’s disciple was sparring with us just for no reason, but only to inquire us about his whereabouts, otherwise what feud we have with this person.”

Both the Shi couple sat near the thick patch of grass where Shi Potian was hiding merely at the distance of about twenty feet. Although Shi Qing spoke lightly, Shi Potian was actually able hear clearly.
    Originally the martial-art of the Shi couple was very good, but after they came out of the ‘Shan Qing temple’ they were very sad and disappointed and moved out talking with each other and were a bit careless. But after sometime they realized that someone was following them that’s why they tied there horses to tree and waited for the intruder to come.

Shi Potian also had extremely high internal strength and his footsteps were also very light. No one detected his movement when he came and hid in that thick grass patch, obviously he didn’t know that that person with wiry sword was also hiding there.
    Shi Potian heard these two people talking about the ‘clan of eternal happiness’ and their son being captured by Bai Wanjian. He thought about his earlier life experiences, of how he has been misunderstood most of the times so he kept hiding in the grass. If a person suddenly comes out from nowhere it’s always very awkward. So he simply decided to stay there and hear what they are saying.

Sometime I wonder if I'm translating HSDS or OTH...
    Wuji and Shi Potian both apart from being dumb have almost similar divine ability to hide and eavesdrop...

Quote Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
    Sometime I wonder if I'm translating HSDS or OTH...
    Wuji and Shi Potian both apart from being dumb have almost similar divine ability to hide and eavesdrop...
    The benefit of superior internal cultivation

BTW, good job with the translation. A bit rough around the edges but we're getting a good idea of what is going on.