Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Xia ke xing: Chapter 10 onwards...Take 2

moderators,
    could you please point me to the chapters 1-9 of this novel. All I could find is this for this novel is the thread
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=25154
    which is also the thread dear abhay started. Thank you.

---I like this story but when I read the messages here there seem to be a different ending from the comics and the novel. How many version is there for this novel?

when will be the next update? i'm checking at least 4 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by sainuu View Post
    when will be the next update? i'm checking at least 4 times a day.
    thats all together unhealthy, you should try and limit ur woxia reading to morning and dinner. 2 times a day is more then enough... especially considering how jean has had her baby and is working with her charity casses. And Ren has gone off to his lab to finish up border town wanderers. that just leaves abhay, foxes and grundle. been a week since grundle updates, so that just leaves foxs and abhay... im guessing abhay is taking a secound hunny moon.... lol

sorrie for all spelling errors... im deslixic and i spell the way a word sounds to me

Ding Busi heard these words but pretended as though he has not heard a single word. He turned his head and looked at Gao San Niangzi for a long while and said: "Not beautiful, not that good looking!”

He said these words and then looked at the embroidered flower and shook his head repeatedly, as if he was appreciating the calligraphy and painting but wasn’t too impressed with it; by his expression of course everyone understood that he wanted to say that this lady Gao San Niangzi is in poor appearance.

That Lady Gao San Niangzi, was very arrogant in nature, one she herself was extremely skilled, secondly her father and father-in-law, both were highly reputed and respected masters of martial arts in the Guandong province. Thirdly her family owned millions of acres of fertile farmland, race course grounds and forests. Even though she was a widow, she was well-known in Guandong, regardless of who the person is whether the government officials or the common people or the underworld gangsters, everyone yielded to her.

Ding Busi spoke to her in his unbridled no non-sense way, in her life she has never felt so humiliated, not to mention that she was in the middle of all the martial art fraternity of Guandong. As per Guandong social customs women are very earnest, they are not even praised in front of other let alone to ridicule them in public. Her face turned white in anger and she called:” Ding Busi, why don’t you come out!"

Ding Busi slowly came out of the shop and said: "So it’s you four?"

Suddenly he saw as though five white streaks of light are flying towards him. The short knives she had on her sash she was using as projectiles and were coming from all directions and attacking his upper and lower body both. The knives were short in size but the sound they created by slashing in air indicated that the power emanated from them was no different.

Ding Busi shouted in their direction and said: "People are not beautiful but knives are!" He moved his right hand into his bosom to draw his nine soft whips, sunlight glittering from his soft whips and immediately he shot down the four knives. He showed off his skills and didn’t hit the fifth knives and everyone saw it missing him and thudded in the gate of the shop.
    Feng Liang, Fan Yifei and Lu Zhengping all got startled but stared at him blankly and immediately moved their weapons in offensive stance and moved at him surrounding.

Ding Busi slanted his body to get away from Lu Zhengping and chopped towards Fan Yifei. He jumped towards him and attacked at his wrist. Fan Yifei has no other option to avoid this attack so he withdrew his judge pens and moved back.

The nine soft whips suddenly changed their direction and moved towards Feng Liang. Feng Liang took a big leap over the gate of the shop and moved beyond his reach. He knew that this old grandpa is highly skilled and he will run after him so right away Feng Liang vibrated his wrist in such a way that the nine soft whips launched in a spear-like motion. This move “exterminate the guest in one move” was an extremely refined and powerful martial-art move and needed strong strength to force these soft whips in spearing motion. This was a unique skill of his Black Dragon sect and he thought to catch Ding Busi unaware.

Ding Busi spat downwards and said appraisingly: “this young fellow has few tricks.”

He stretched out his right hand to meet the nine soft whips head on and actually managed to grasp the first whip. Feng Liang was startled and he immediately moved his arm to retract the nine soft whips but Ding Busi was not going to leave the whips. Fortunately Lu Zhengping brandished his sword towards the crook of his elbow. Ding Busi thought to deal with it with his palm but suddenly he heard the swishing sound of three projectiles moving towards him shot by Gao San Niangzi and had to withdraw.

All four people now started to attack Din Busi in cohesion. Ding Busi made a smiling face but concentrated inwardly to tackle the combined attack of all these people, his nine soft whips danced around him fluently and he concentrated hard to protect his whole body. In his heart he thought secretly: “I didn’t expect that the martial arts of Guandong so explicit, it looks that I have underestimated them actually. If these four fellows come up one by one, I can kill them effortlessly, well once they fight together as a unit they have been quite difficult to handle. "

All these four sects from Guangdong have assembled earlier in the first month to test each other skills and also to learn ways to fight together against any common enemy before coming to the central plains. That exercise had really paid its dividends now as those drills performed beforehand were really time wasted. All those four people stood shoulder to shoulder against their common foe.

At this moment Lu Zhengping and Fan Yifei were standing very close to each other and attacking Ding Busi from one side and Feng Liang was standing on the other side flawlessly executing the moves from his nine soft whips. Ding Busi stood in the centre and fighting ferociously to fend off their attacks. Gao San Niangzi stood at a distant place and used her short blades to attack and divert Ding Busi’s attention whenever he gains advantage over any other person.

Of these four people Fan Yifei was most shrewd and ruthless. Lu Zhengping has profound arm strength. Each of his sword strike has the strength of eighty-ninety catties.

Shi Potian and the Dingdang stood among the crowd and observed the fight. After around 30-40 moves, they saw Lu Zhengping and Fan Yifei attacking Ding Busi simultaneously. Ding Busi was parrying the blows with his nine soft whips and in the meantime was keeping Feng Liang at bay. Feng Liang swept his whip towards him and Ding Busi just managed to avoid the blow and scoffed at him. Suddenly two more projectiles passed over gently and swiftly, very close to his pharynx and larynx. Although Ding Busi managed to evade this move but one of the short swords truncated his silver beard. About a dozen of silver threads danced around his face.

The other disciples and people from the Guangdong who were observing this fight from the shop cheered in one voice and said: “Gao San Niangzi is really good with her short knives!”
    Ding Busi was secretly startled in his heart and thought: “this young lady is quite a killer. If I come out of this fight unscathed then I owe myself a big meal!”

He cried aloud and suddenly spread out the nine soft whips, behind this façade of soft whips he employed the seize technique from his left hand, the soft whips hits far, the left hand attacks close to his body, he tried to use employ his left hand but Lu Zhengping and Fan Yifei advanced towards him and closed him down and didn’t gave him opportunity to strike.

The Guangdong people standing in the crowd cheered in one voice but as soon as their voices faded, there was obvious concern on their faces.

Its pretty hectic nowadays...Married life in itself is a full day job and on top of that this recession is like a double whammy....can't even translate at work

Quote Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
    Its pretty hectic nowadays...Married life in itself is a full day job and on top of that this recession is like a double whammy....can't even translate at work
    go the gunners

Shi Potian actually looked at this move with delight. Ding Busi taught him these moves once on the long river boat however at that time his knowledge of martial-arts was very limited and he was simply remembering it without understanding it and did not know how to utilize. Recently after learning and practicing martial-arts with his parents, he started to understand the smaller subtleties of the various techniques.

He saw that Ding Busi kept on parrying their attacks but didn’t hurry to use his seizing technique and was waiting for perfect opportunity to catch him unawares. They cancelled a dozen ingenious ruthless attacks between themselves and in fact the others look pleasantly surprised.

He saw the five people fighting at a luxurious pace, suddenly Ding Busi swerved his left arms suddenly, the palm moved towards the shoulder of Lu Zhengping. Lu Zhengping brandished his sword cut his arm. Shi Potian was shocked as he knew Lu Zhengping will be executing the same move and he also knew that Ding Busi to is expecting it but he will use his opportunity to turn over his palm and hit at his face and with his ruthless palm strength, it was pretty difficult to say if Lu Zhengping will be able to survive or not.

Shi Potian was not able to restrain and suddenly shouted: “Watch out, he will hit your face!”

His internal energy was abundant, as soon as he called despite the cacophony of all sorts of weapons, various person can still hear him clearly. Lu Zhengping was adept in martial arts and the moment he heard this shout he too immediately realized the danger and hurriedly let go his sword and lied down and rolled, this all happened in a flash.
    Ding Busi exerted tremendous force with this palm attack and didn’t manage to stop his attack and since he didn’t managed to connect Lu Zhengping he himself got carried away.

He was breathing heavily and his own face ached as if he got hit by a sword, after he tumbles out several feet, then only he managed to jump and got steady on his feet. His heart jumping madly and he knew it was really a close call, as if someone has to remind him this was really a matter of life or death.
    As soon as Lu Zhengping tumbled out of the fight; he knew that Fan Yifei will be in danger immediately. Lu Zhengping called out: “throw me a sword!” His senior disciple threw a sword towards him immediately, Lu Zhengping stretched out and caught it and in the same motion got ready to attack. However he saw the soft whips of Ding Busi and Feng Liang entwined and unexpectedly he saw the body of Feng Liang coming towards him with great speed towards his own out stretched sword. Lu Zhengping let down his sword anxiously.

Shi Potian called out: “Master Fan be careful, grasps your pharynx and larynx!” As soon as Fan Yifei heard it he didn’t have much time to ponder over it but still he used his pair of judge pen to protect his pharynx and larynx. Ding Busi attacked him at the same moment but was not able to catch him and only managed to scratch him and passed over gently and swiftly nearby his pharynx and larynx making five bloodstains.

Shi Potian had called twice and saved life of two people from their group. The Guandong group felt grateful towards him and everyone turned his head to look towards him but all they saw was a young fellow with his face blackened by dust and coal obviously he was not willing to show his true identity.

Ding Busi shouted abuse towards him: “your paternal grandmother, that dog hybrid is really gossipy? Come out and fight grandpa if you really want to!”
    Shi Potian extends his tongue to Dingdang and said: “he ......He recognized me!”
    Dingdang said: “You are really gossipy however I don’t thing that dog hybrid part was for you.”

By now Lu Zhengping and Fan Yifei had recovered and were again attacking Ding busi from both sides, Gao San Niangzi too launched her short knives at Ding Busi in between to help them. In the meanwhile Feng Liang too had extricated his whips from the entanglement, so now all five people were again in the middle of ferocious fight; however Ding Busi was extremely eager to speak with that person who has twice foiled his attacks by shouting warnings. Shi Potian didn’t want these people from the Guandong to lose their life in such a pointless battle. Whenever any one of these people are in danger he shouted to give them warning and thus in a very short time he rescued Lu Zhengping three times, Fan Yifei four times and Feng Liang three times.

Ding Busi was burning with rage and anger, he suddenly jumped in the air and leapt towards Gao San Niangzi and attacked with his left palm. This move “powerful and unconstrained style” was really unique and the hand movements were really strange.

Shi Potian called out immediately however Gao San Niangzi only managed to slant at one side still her right shoulder got hit by the fingers of Ding Busi. She felt a heavy jolt and her right hand felt really weary. She took out her knives from her left hand and threw at Ding Busi. Ding Busi scoffed at her in a condescending manner and moved his nine soft whips, and in a single swipe entwined the short knives in his soft whips and immediately shot the two knives at Lu Zhengping and Feng Liang simultaneously.
    He also attacked Gao san Niangzi in the same motion with his nine soft whips. She was already injured so she leapt high in the air to avoid his attack, as soon as she leapt she heard people calling out at her in alarm. Actually when she was in mid-air then only she saw two of her short knives moving towards her with great speed.
    Fan Yifei and other too saw this but they were themselves in danger and didn’t have any opportunity to save Gao San Niangzi. They felt really bad as she was saving them from Ding Busi’s continuous attacks by throwing knives but at this time they were too far from her to save her.

Ding Busi was really mad with anger but he changed his strategy at the right time to attack Gao San Niangzi. He threw the short knives lying nearby with great speed. Gao san Niangzi was already in air and she had little time to change her direction or avoid these knives. As the knives came closer a thought passed over mind: “So I at last die with my own short knife by this despicable old bandit, such is the irony of life, a respected lady throughout my life and dying in such a way in front of these many people.”

Feng Liang used his soft whips to deflect the short knives moving towards him and Lu Zhengping but was still far away from Gao San Niangzi.
    Shi Potian saw with his own eyes the moment Ding Busi threw the knife and he also yelled but he knew it won’t make any difference. He knew that the situation is very critical. Immediately his right hand moved swiftly and he plucked out short knives from the shop’s gate and flung.

He has never practiced the art of throwing projectiles or hidden weapons, so he quickly shot seven-eight knives towards her with incredible agility. As his internal energy was really strong one of the knives hit the knife moving towards the abdomen of Gao San Niangzi and cut it in to two. The other flew close to her neck and cut her hair.
    Gao San Niangzi landed vertically from several tens of feet on high spot but she still managed to stand on her feet but she was frightened to her core and all the color of her face drained out.

This time Ding Busi made a bug strange face. He turned around immediately and shouted in Shi Potian’s direction: “Is it my friend who has interfered in this fight gain? If you have guts then come out and fight three hundred round and I won’t blame you.”

He was staring at Shi Potian, because on his face Shi Potian has rubbed a lot of coal & dirt so he didn’t recognize him. He listened to Shi Potian calling regularly throughout the fight to help his opponents and breaking his attack as if he was anticipating his each and every move. Even now he saw the short knife this young fellow has throw toward his knife; it simply cut his knife in to two and still moved on like a flash so obviously his internal energy is extremely strong. However at this instance he was really angry and he knew that this young person is really formidable still he couldn’t restrain himself from challenging him.

When Shi Potian was rescuing these people he didn’t care if this act of his is good or bad. As soon as he saw Gao san Niangzi in danger, he was anxious and hurriedly threw the short knives to intercept those pair of knives but unexpectedly when he managed to save her he was pleasantly surprised. One of the knife actually cut his palm and blood start dripping from it and suddenly he felt pain in his hand. For a moment he didn’t acknowledge any thing and blustered out in Ding Busi’s direction: “fourth grandpa, I.....I am......big steamed rice dumpling!”

I've had a lousy day - this cheered me up a lot. This story is just so much FUN! Thank you again for doing this.

I live in Penang, the Pearl of the Orient, famous for its hawker's food

Be happy and keep smiling and keep up the good work

thanks a lot.

Ding Busi made a zheng sound and laughed immediately and said with a smile: “ha! So it is you big steamed rice dumpling!” He thought in his mind: “this boy has studied my martial arts, no wonder he can easily anticipate my next moves, obviously at least this bit is not strange.”

As soon as this thought came to his mind he again got angry and shouted in his direction: “this thief boy is coming in the way of grandpa every now and then and interfering in other people's business!” He shouted at him and the same moment strikes with his whip towards him.
    Shi Potian felt the vigorous rush of air as the nine soft whips moved towards him, he moved backwards to avoid being hit, although he moved quite quickly but this was very clumsy and looked ugly.

Ding Busi raged with more anger and attacked ferociously with a series of three moves, this strategic move was utmost ingenious, Shi Potian dodged them by moving sideways. The internal energy of Shi Potian has already reached the level where he was able to move his body the way he wanted. These moves of Ding Busi were acquired over a long period of time and were very deadly, although Shi Potian didn’t attacked at him but the ease with which he avoided his attack really shocked Ding Busi.

He thought in his heart: “I haven’t taught this whip moves to him still he managed to avoid it easily. How is it so?”

When a nine soft whip moves it glitters too in the sunlight and it held a trance over Shi Potian until it kept moving and he stood in his place waiting for next move. Suddenly Ding Busi remembered how he and Ding Busan both fought with this big steamed rice dumpling and Bai Wanjian on the Azure mist island unexpectedly they had to run away after getting beaten.....No, the third brother actually accepted his ignominious defeat, I however didn’t wanted to hurt people from younger generation that’s why I simply moved away. This young fellow was always frightened of me so he didn’t dare to pursue, but anyway this boy was always a little strange ......”

Other people standing there saw Shi Potian evading the soft whip at him with just side stepping and were truly amazed as this extremely risky ploy and several people just couldn’t believe he was successfully evading his attacks and cold sweat trickled down their neck.

On the other hand Shi Potian actually thought in his heart: “Grandpa Ding Busi is really playing with me. He is simply joking with me that’s why he is intentionally passing his whips gently and swiftly to my side.”
    He didn’t know that Ding Busi was actually trying his best but is simply not able to hit him.

Dingdang knew his grand uncle is very fierce in nature and he won’t hold back for anyone, she knew that the way he is attacking Shi Potian, if he manages to connect even a single blow, it will break his bones so she called out immediately: “elder brother Shi, hits back quickly! If you won’t hit back, it will be really bad!”
    The people heard these word coming out from a servant’s mouth but the voice was actually of a female and were amazed but this was nothing compared to the way Shi Potian was evading the attacks without getting hurt in that chaotic whirlwind of the soft whips .

Shi Potian thought: “why can this be bad? On that day when I tied up my left arm when fighting with those Taoist priests, they became really angry and thought that I was looking down at them. My mother said that if one starts the fight than most people will despise him however if someone wins and then shows contempt by spoken words or by actions then it is a matter of great shame and henceforth will result in deadly enmity. So If I only fend off the attacks but do not hit back then fourth grandpa will be really angry.” He immediately extended both his hands together to grasp the chest of Ding Busi; he used the move eighteen seizing techniques taught to him by Dingdang.

This martial art was originated from the Ding family so how Ding Busi could not know it? He avoided this move immediately but the execution of these seizing techniques used by Shi Potian was accompanied by vigorous internal energy. To hook, to belt, to lock, to take, to poke, to strike, to divide, to poke, to bend… each move was coming with overwhelming power.

Ding Busi was startled, he called out: “you do have tricks boy. You do have!”

When he started the twelfth move, Shi Potian used the fifth variation of the phoenix tail move to grasp the nine soft whips. Ding Busi had enormous strength but unexpectedly he was not able to free the nine soft whips. He gave a loud shout and concentrated the focus of his entire internal strength to get back the nine soft whips. He was very proud person and in front of all these many people he couldn’t allow this young fellow to seize his nine soft whips. The entire joints in his body started to make noises as he displayed the pinnacle of his skills.

Shi Potian thought: “It looks as if grandpa wants me to leave his soft whips.”

The moment his fingers loosened, he only heard loud sound of something being struck and then falling to the ground with several loud voices. Actually the moment Ding Busi applied his entire strength to seize back his whips, at the same moment Shi Potian left the whips willingly. Ding Busi was forced backwards and took with himself several people in the crowd and hit the hotel’s wall. The wall collapsed because of the impact and a lot of brick and mud scattered in the shop. Along with people several tables and stools, the dishes, bowls and countless household utensils were crushed.

Shi Potian heard the screams and crying of several people from the shop. At least four Guandong juniors and three idlers were on the floor and blood was gushing out of vest of one person.
    When Shi Potian moved towards the collapsed wall he only found the four people coming out of it and several broken bowls, or the bamboo chopsticks but Ding Busi disappeared without a trace. One he knew that Ding Busi has left, he felt a lot better. He turned around to see the injured person and the carnage Ding Busi has left behind in the shop.

In a moment fan Yifei came in and started helping the injured people. He saw that all the people had injuries in their strategic acu-points. He was amazed that despite the fact that Ding Busi was flying backwards still he managed to hit these people with such accuracy.
    He also thought that if Shi Potian has not intervened at several critical junctures and fought with him then surely all of fours sect leader would have been dead by this time.

He immediately knelt down before Shi Potian and said: “Young hero, your benevolence is unforgettable, can I ask your esteemed name.”
    Shi Potian has already learnt about the etiquettes of the martial-art realm from his mother so he too knelt down in front of Fan Yifei and immediately returned the salutation and said: “I don’t dare, I don’t dare! This is just a small matter, it’s not worth mentioning? My surname is Shi and I am given the name Zhong Yu.”

Fan Yifei too told him his name and about their sect and also about rest of them. He then noticed Dingdang and asked him about her.
    Shi Potian said: “she is called Dingdang, she is my ......my .....my...” he said “my” three times and then blushed and didn’t said anything further. Fan Yifei thought that both these young man and woman are traveling together in the martial-art realm and feel embarrassed about it so its better to leave the awkward matters aside and didn’t talked about that matter.
    Dingdang said: “come on, let go!”
    Shi Potian said: “yes, yes!”

He cupped his one hand in the other across his chest to make farewell speech with these people.
    Fan Yifei felt extreme gratitude towards Shi Potian. He came out of the small town to see them off. Various people wanted to meet Shi Potian and wanted to ask him about his martial arts and his school but when fan Yifei saw that Dingdang was giving meaningful glances to Shi Potian, he understood that she doesn’t want these people to disturb them so directed those people to leave them alone.

He said: “young hero Shi, you have shown great kindness on us people. In this life if you ever face some difficulty or in future if you ever need us, we people of Guandong will to go through water and tread on fire to return your favor but won’t refuse under any condition.”

Shi Potian recalled what his mother taught him and replied: “everybody is martial arts world is like family and we all have to pursue righteousness and justice. If we cooperate with each other than all the evil can be terminated. Today we became friend, what more favor can you return. I am extremely happy.”

As soon as Fan Yifei heard these words he thought that this young hero has saved our lives still he is so polite, although he is so young still his martial-arts skill are amazing and he is so amiable. He really admired him and was not willing to say good-bye after such a short meeting.

Dingdang listened to Shi Potian saying these words and chuckled in her hear and thought: “who says that my Shi Lang is an idiot? His martial arts has surpassed the fourth grandfather, he has also been talking quite sensibly nowadays and is getting sharp with his brain.”
    She really felt happy in her heart and smiled. Although she had soot and dirt on her on face but the moment she smiled it collapsed. Several people were now paying attention towards her as they saw a bright-colored young girl, who was wearing a broken felt hat on her head, had put on a greasy dirty looking robe worn by Buddhist or Taoist.

Gao San Niangzi put out a hand to pull her arm and said with a smile: “this kind of beautiful appearance for a servant, on her ear she also is wearing a pearl earring. I think the servants in the central plains are a lot different from our Guandong.”

The people listened to her and everyone laughed.
    Dingdang also smiled and thought: “As soon as I saw fourth grandfather just then, I was really afraid and in hurry changed everything but this pearl earring.”

Gao San Niangzi saw hundreds of people from the town were looking at them; they were common people, stood far enough and watched these pugilists but didn’t dare to come close. They knew that there was a very fierce fight a little while back in the shop and Ding Busi has already killed three people from the town. The locals were very poor and didn’t know if these people are robbers or chivalrous outlaw.

Gao San Niangzi said: “We can’t stay here for long, let’s move.”

She told to Dingdang: “younger sister, I am afraid your current clothes have smeared your good clothes too. I have brought a lot of clothes, if you do not mind then we can move to some family inn and there you can take a bath and change your clothes too. I have seen a lot of painting and drawing from central plains in Guandong and they depict that women here are extremely beautiful woman. I want to look at you after you have changed your dress to a female attire and look like those women from the pictures so in future when I return to Guandong at least I can boast in front of friends and relatives.”
    Gao San Niangzi said these sweet words in low voice near her ear.

Dingdang pursed her lips to smile and said: “I will not dress up otherwise elder sister will laugh at me.”

Gao San Niangzi listened to her saying these words and knew she agreed so she soon wielded her left hand and said: “everybody move!”

The people complied and pulled their horses and then invited Shi Potian and Dingdang to accompany them, and then various people started to move out of the town carrying the corpses of their fellow disciples.
    Normally the group is lead by the person who is senior in age or martial arts skill, considering these Fan Yifei should have been leading them but after coming to central plains from Guandong, Gao San Niangzi was bearing all the expenses and she was bold as well as extravagant and she was spending money like water so everyone treated her as their leader.

The horses from Guandong were healthy and of good quality and within a short time they covered dozens of miles.
    Shi Potian asked Dingdang quietly: “Does this path leads towards Songjiang District?”
    Dingdang smiled and nodded at him. Actually Songjiang District was in the southeast direction and these people were moving in the northwest direction directly opposite to the Shi couple.

That evening they reached to a large town called Pingyang. They looked for the largest inn in the town and lodged in. they also had the corpses of their colleagues so Lu Zhengping and his disciples went to arrange the cremation of those dead and gather their ashes.

Gao San Niangzi helped Dingdang to her bedroom and asked her to choose a dress for herself. Gao San Niangzi saw that although Dingdang had put on the clothes of a married women but the way she moved, she still looked like a virgin girl. She couldn’t help but got more curious about her.

That night the Guandong people gave a big feast to Shi Potian and Dingdang by cutting a pig. As they talked whenever Gao San Niangzi and Fan Yifei tried to ask Shi Potian and Dingdang about their teacher or the origin of their school, Shi Potian got reluctant and uneasy and tried to evade the question. They saw him reluctant so didn’t dare to ask again.
    Gao san Niangzi took a close look at Shi Potian and Dingdang and saw them looking at each other with fondness and thought: "These two people are not telling about their origin and are awkward if someone asks them about it. It looks they are lovers and have eloped from their home. "

Before coming to Central plains, Fan Yifei was usually considered insufferably arrogant in Guandong, however after that fight with Ding Busi, where they were so comprehensively beaten that he was humbled, on the other hand Lu Zhengping was still inflexible and have still doubts about these two people.

Shi Potian and Dingdang ate and drank along and with others till they were full up to their neck. Once the banquet dispersed, Gao San Niangzi winked towards Fan Yifei and they both nudged Shi Potian and Dingdang to a room.

Gao San Niangzi said with smile: “sire, don’t you think out new bride is really beautiful?”
    Shi Potian blushed and looked towards Dingdang and saw her blushing too, he wanted to glace at her again but couldn’t but felt shy in front of these people but cannot restrain his heart from thumping badly. They both stepped backwards a couple of steps and relied on the wall to stand.

Gao San Niangzi said with a smile: “Tonight should be the wedding festivities for you two but I am afraid there is no clown here? I think we should leave you two alone.” As soon as she came near the door, her left hand swung and she threw a short knife towards the shining candle. It cut the candle in to two but didn’t fade the light and went out of the window. Gao San Niangzi said with a smile: “I respectfully congratulate you two on this happy union and hope it last for a hundred years and you two grow old together!”
    She closed the door with a loud sound and moved out.
    Once Shi Potian and Dingdang are in the room alone, Dingdang felt as if her whole body is on fire and her heart was pounding. Suddenly Shi Potian remembered about A’Xiu and thought that if she sees me in this condition with Dingdang then she will be surely angry and won’t be willing to be my wife. Then how will I manage that situation?”

Suddenly he heard someone shouting in the courtyard: “A true man is a real hero, let's come out and fight if you really want to, why are you throwing knives at people in the dark, such a coward?”
    Dingdang rushed to Shi Potian and grasped his both palms in her hand and couldn’t restrain herself to chuckle and said to him in low voice: “Gao San Niangzi threw that short knife to extinguish the candle for us but it looks as if that person has misunderstood the situation.”

Shi Potian opened his mouth to explain things to that person but a pleasantly warm and tender palm pressed down his mouth.
    He only heard that person in the courtyard outside still scolding: “this short knife is really dangerous and sinister. In Guandong, People are not concerned about their face in the martial-art realm so they use it. I even heard that a sl*t named Gao San Niangzi didn’t manage to learn any kind of martial arts so she uses this kind of short knives but I didn’t believe that such kind of person exist in the central plains too. This is really shameful.”

thats very nice of you, Abhay.

Quote Originally Posted by sainuu View Post
    thats very nice of you, Abhay.
    much love

I live in Penang, the Pearl of the Orient, famous for its hawker's food

Thumbs up

Well done Abhay keep up the good work really appreciating it

Gao San Niangzi initially thought that this person has misunderstood her intension and he thinks someone is throwing knives at him that is why he is shouting and cursing but when he mentioned her name then she was surprised and thought: "I do not know, who knows about me and my knives and speaking so disrespectfully? "

That person continued his rant with more fervor and energy and shouted: “This town is filled up with the stinking of these foreign horses. These people from Guangdong and those barbarians who own these horses have inundated the central plains. These bandits don’t have food to eat so they have come here to steal and rob the local people. If I find these people from Guangdong then I will thrash them. “

This way he insulted the Guangdong people. Listening to this barrage of insults Lu Zhengping and other disciples of his sect came out and saw a person of small height and stature was shouting all these nonsense.
    He said to that person: "My friend, you are spouting nonsense, what is your real intention?"

That person said: "What is my intention? Whenever I see people from Guangdong with flat skulls (Lu Zhengping had shaved his head), I get angry and all I want is to cut them down and hang to a beam.

Lu Zhengping said: “This is very good, here is flat skull, come and chop it!”

He appeared as if he has stopped and leaned his body towards right and in a flash took out his purple golden sword and swiped at his head with his full strength. The sword immediately cut that person in to two parts from his waist. The entire courtyard filled with the blood. By now Fan Yifei, Feng Liang and Gao San Niangzi all have come out and were shocked. They couldn’t believe that the person who was shouting and abusing the people from Guangdong had no martial arts skill.

Lu Zhengping also was scared himself. He didn’t expect to kill this person with a single blow. That man was abusing them repeatedly and Lu Zhengping couldn’t restrain himself.

The Guangdong people looked at each other in dismay; suddenly they heard a cold voice coming from the roof: “It’s good, it’s really good. The people from Guangdong really have some skill. Sect leader Lu is really a chivalrous person, he has cut down the servant who serves tea and food with a single blow in to two sections!”

Everyone raised their head and looked towards the person saying these words. They saw a person wearing ashen gown, both his hands on his waist and standing on the roof. They immediately realized that Lu Zhengping had actually killed an inn servant. This person might have given money to that servant to come in courtyard and say aloud those words.
    Gao San Niangzi immediately threw three short knives at that person.
    That person moved to his left and caught one short knife with its hilt and the other two knives went past him.

He said with a smile: “I will like to meet the honorable people of Guangdong sects in the forest twelve miles north of this town. Hope to meet again!”

As soon as he said these words he leapt in the opposite direction and vanished in the dark. Fan Yifei wanted to follow that person but Gao San Niangzi stopped him and said: “we cannot follow him?”
    Fan Yifei nodded and said: “Yes, no matter who opposite party is, we have to keep our appointment.”

Gao San Niangzi said: “good, we can’t lose our face in the martial arts without facing our opponents clean and fair.”
    She arrived near the window of Shi Potian’s room and said in a clear and resonant voice: “master Shi, younger sister, we have decided to keep the appointment with this person and so we must go immediately. We have to go today but tomorrow we will meet at the bar near the front of the town.”
    She didn’t listen his reply and also said: “The situation here will be very noisy and somewhat unavoidably troublesome, so it will be better for you both to leave this place soon or you might be implicated in this affair.”

She did not invite Shi Potian and Dingdang to meet that person. She thought that during the day, he has already fought a fierce duel with Ding Busi and has rescued their lives; if I invite them to go with us again and ask his protection then it will really look bad.

By now the inn master has discovered that the servant is killed and shouted and wrangled and there was a great confusion.
    Someone shouted: “Some bandits have killed this servant, save his life, saves his life!” Someone called out: “notify a government official quickly!”
    Someone said in a low voice: “be quiet, the bandits have not left yet!”

Shi Potian asked in a low voice: “what to do?”
    Dingdang sighed and said: “Anyway we can’t stay here now, we can follow these people”
    Shi Potian said: “Actually I don’t know that who the opposite party is, can it be your fourth grandpa?”
    Dingdang said: “I don’t know. We can’t again disguise ourselves, maybe he is my grandpa?”
    Shi Potian startled and said: “this is bad, I ......I won’t go.”
    Dingdang said: “you fool, if it is my grandfather, we will not come out? Your martial-arts is anyway much strong, even my grandpa could not kill you. I did not worry about that but you are still afraid of him. Come on, let’s move out quickly”

As she was saying these words they heard the sound of several horse's hoof sound, the Guandong group boldly left from the front gate of the inn one after another.
    They only heard the sound of Gao San Niangzi saying loudly to the inn master: “take this money, here two hundred is for the rooms and food and the other two hundred is for the servant's funeral. The one who killed that servant was the Shandong highwayman Wang Dahu so don’t implicate other people in this matter.”

Shi Potian asked in a low voice: “how does she know that the killer was that Shandong highwayman Wang Dahu?”
    Dingdang said: “that is of course a lie; the officials will be coming shortly so she is just giving them a false story.
    They left the shop too by the main gate and saw two saddled horses and thought that the Guangdong people have left them these horses so they too rode the horses and started towards north.

< End of chapter - 14>

Thanks for the translation.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Default Hi Guys

I've been looking for a translation of this novel for quite some time. Gr8 work by Abhay. Can't wait to get more of it.

Would any of you guys know where I can get the 2001 mainland drama from?

Chapter – 15
    The Truth

Shi Potian and Dingdang followed the Guandong people boldly for about ten miles. They saw a very dense pine forest in front of them. As soon as they entered the forest they heard the loud voice of Fan Yifei: “Are the people who invited us are here? We people from Guandong are here and are waiting.”

Dingdang said: “we should hide in that thick patch of grass and take a look. Let’s see if it is really grandpa.” Both people jumped out of their horses and bent their back to approach that place and hid behind a big stone.

As soon as Fan Yifei heard the sound of the horse's hoof, he knew these two people has also come but didn’t greet them but concentrated hard on the pine forest ahead. Four of his disciples stood in front, ten disciples stood a little bit ahead of them and the rest of people in same way.
    It was extremely quiet in the forest and not one made even a single sound. The moon was not very bright but they could feel the light shimmering out of the pine trees gave a bluish color to the ambience.

After a long time, suddenly they heard a whistling sound from the sentry post. First from right and then from the left a line of men wearing black clothes rushed towards them respectively. Each line had at least around fifty to sixty people and in a moment all the Guandong group was surrounded by about hundred people. They were surrounded but still all of them remained calm and no one attacked but everyone has their hand on the sword hilt.

They saw another ten people coming out of the forest wearing same kind of the black cloths and stood in an array before them.
    Shi Potian almost made a light belching sound as he saw these people. These people were the sub-ordinates of the five hall of clan of eternal happiness. He saw Incense-Master Mi Hengye and victorious leopard Zhan Fei coming out.

As soon as these ten people stood he saw one coming out of the forest. He was ‘Touch that bring back to life’ Bei Haishi. He coughed several times and said: “It’s my pleasure to meet the sect leaders of Guangdong......coughs ......I didn’t want to keep all of you gentlemen waiting but couldn’t come earlier….coughs ......but gather so many people and manage them is not that easy.

As soon as Fan Yifei heard him speaking and coughing repeatedly, he understood that this person is the renowned master Bei Haishi and immediately understood that the opposite party is precisely the clan of eternal happiness. He thought that he was afraid these people might be with Ding Busi but once he saw Bei Haishi and other people of clan of eternal happiness he laid down his concern and considered: “It is only the clan of eternal happiness, I was afraid it will be that Ding Busi and his people.”

As soon as he again thought of Ding Busi he couldn’t restrain himself from shivering once he remembered how they somehow managed to escape his blistering attacks but he knew Ding Busi was nothing compared to the people in front of him.

He said: “Master Bei has come a long way to greet us, how worthy of us? Saying these words Fan Yifei greeted them. Lu Zhengping, Feng Liang and Gao San Niangzi too understood his intension and came forward and greeted them.

Shi Potian saw their polite talks and greeting and thought in his heart: “they are not here to fight.” He said in a low voice: “people from both sides are our friend; we should go and meet them.”
    Dingdang held her arm and said in a low voice in his ear: “hold on for a moment, let’s see what is going to happen.”
    Fan Yifei said to Bei Haishi: “we agreed to visit the clan of eternal happiness and to pay our respect to clan leader but unexpectedly we got delayed in our way. Master Bei is really broad minded, I hope he forgives us.

Bei Haishi said: “Fine, fine….I understand but Shi Bangzhu waited for your honorable presence for a long time and have relinquished the matter of appointment. Shi Bangzhu is anyway inundated by several important matters so he couldn’t wait.”

Fan Yifei said: “You don’t know where the sect leader is? Do you want to say Master Bei Haishi that after coming thousand miles from our home to the central plains just to meet him and we can’t meet him. If we can’t meet with him….then…. then …we would we be quite disappointed.”
    Bei Haishi kept quiet for sometimes and then coughed again and again but didn’t answered him.

Fan Yifei said: “We have brought some of the local precious products from Guandong such as several marten skin, several catties of ginsengs to present it to Bangzhu. It’s a shame but I will ask Master Bei and your sub ordinates to take these triflings. Although this is such an inadequate gift but our sole intension was to pay our respect so kindly accept these.”

He signaled with his left hand and three of his disciples arrived near the horse and loosened three packages from the horseback and respectfully bowed in front of Bei Haishi and presented him these packages.
    Bei Haishi said with a smile: “this ......This is too really polite. We can’t accept such generous gifts, but...coughs.....but it would be really disrespectful if we deny you so many thanks for this gift, many thanks!”

Mi Hengye moved to take these packages from disciples but Fan Yifei moved quickly towards his disciple and took one of the packages from his back in his hand and held in front of him. He stepped about three steps and said: “In past when honorable Situ Bangzhu was in Guandong then he was really on good terms with us three people and we were really close friends. We didn’t forget our friendship with Situ Bangzhu and we will remain friend throughout our life time. This is the millennium ginseng which prolongs the life and is very rare thing. I want to give it to brother Situ.”

He held the package with both hands and looked at Bei Haishi but did not hand over the package.
    Shi Potian found it quite strange and thought: “Now who is this Situ Bangzhu?”

Bei Haishi listened to Fan Yifei and then coughed several times. He sighed and made a sad face and said: “Ohhh…my Bangzhu Situ, elder brother…” he sighed gain and said: “Some years ago elder brother went through a very unpleasant matter. He was down hearted and lost interest in the matters of the sect and other worldly affairs….coughs...... therefore he has asked Shi Bangzhu to handle the sect matters and has himself moved in to the mountains to live in seclusion. It has quite some time now and we haven’t heard any news about him so nowadays younger brother Shi takes care of the sect affairs. Each of these generous gifts should be now handed over to Shi Bangzhu in my opinion.”

As soon as Fan Yifei heard these words, he said: “You don’t know where brother Situ is living right now? We didn’t know that brother Situ has retired?” His refined language was gradually becoming strict and as a matter of fact it looked as if he was interrogating these people.

Bei Haishi showed a faint smile and said: “We all are only sub-ordinates of Situ Bangzhu. It is his private affair, how can we know. Master fan and all honored guest you people are old acquaintance of Situ Bangzhu, you should be aware that Shi Bangzhu has taken over the command of the clan of eternal happiness.”

In just a few words Bei Haishi blamed them of their ignorance. Fan Yifei didn’t know what to answer and said: “this ......How do we know about this matter?”

Bei Haishi said: “when Situ Bangzhu turned over the heavy responsibility of leading the sect to Shi Bangzhu, we knew nothing about him. In fact he didn’t have reputation in the martial art world and by age too he was really young. To be honest actually a lot of sub-ordinates had their doubt on his leadership skills but after Shi Bangzhu took over he had set several great merits for the local guild. Situ Bangzhu really had a great eye and his knowledge in seeking competent people is really extraordinary…. coughs ......If not so, how would we be having with discussion with such honorable heroes from Guangdong, heh!!”

The implied meaning was that if you think that Situ Bangzhu took the wrong decision to give the sect leadership to Shi Bangzhu then it would be disrespectful to both the sect and Bangzhu himself.
    Lu Zhengping suddenly said: “Physician Bei, we also actually heard this news in Guandong recently that’s why we came to the central plains to investigate the matter.”

Bei Haishi said: “If a message travels thousand miles than obviously it will get twisted and incorrect. Actually I don’t know what rumor you have heard?”