Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Xia ke xing: Chapter 10 onwards...Take 2

As he said these words he puts out a hand to take hold of the bronze medal. People were completely stunned.

Zhang San took back his hand and said: “Hold on a minute!” He turned towards Bei Haishi and said: “this invitation of bronze medals to island of heroes is not for everyone, we can hand it only to the Bangzhu of a sect. Does your sect accept him as your Bangzhu?”

Bei Haishi and others could not believe that Shi Potian after seeing through various people's schemes and tricks is still willing to accept the invitation to save their lives. Although these people were crafty and fierce, but spontaneously everyone felt a sense of gratitude, and as if by prior agreement they bowed to salute to Shi Potian and said: “We are willing to present sect leadership to this chivalrous person, we will accept all his commands and won’t dare to disobeys.” These words were actually said with extreme sincerity.

Shi Potian returned the salute and said: “Does not dare, does not dare! I didn’t understand the matter earlier and spoke incorrectly, please do not blame me that.”

Bei Haishi and others said: “We don’t dare Bangzhu!”
    Zhang San smiled and asked: “Brother, what is your surname?”
    Shi Potian shook his head at loss and said: “I really did not know.” He looked at Min Rou and Shi Qing and saw them looking at him with same look as if nothing has changed, he couldn’t restrain himself from getting emotional and said: “I ......am surnamed Shi!”

Zhang San said: “Good! Shi Bangzhu, please accept the invitation from the island of heroes to eat “Eight meat gruel” on the eight day of last month.”

Shi Potian said: “I will visit both elder brothers on that day.”
    Zhang San said: “Depending on your martial art, you deserve to eat that bowl of gruel however it’s a pity that you are actually the Bangzhu of clan of eternal happiness.”

Li Si shook his head and said: “it’s a pity, what a pity!”
    They showed their disappointment to everyone as if saying that they are really disappointed that they didn’t get the opportunity to kill all the people of this sect. Bei Haishi and others lowered their head and did not dare to face the stare of Zhang San and Li Si.

Zhang San and Li Si looked at each other and nodded. Zhang San moved his right hand and threw the two bronze medals at Shi Potian. The bronze medals were pretty heavy, as he threw it towards him a swoosh sound was created but it moved in the air really slowly as if it is attached to a string. People again wondered about their extraordinary internal energy and skills, actually no one has seen or heard this kind of rare skills.
    Everyone looked at Shi Potian. Min Rou called out suddenly: “Child, don’t accept it!”

Shi Potian said: “Mother, I have already consented.”
    He extended both his hands and caught the bronze medals, turned towards Shi Qing and said: “Father ......No .....Master Shi.....When you met your fellow disciples from the Shan Qing temple, you insisted on accepting the bronze medal and going to the island of heroes despite perfectly knowing the danger......I have also learnt from you and will follow you.”

Li Si said: “Good! This is a heroic gesture; we did not swear brotherhood with you in vain. Brother, we spoke these words in front of everyone and people might think that we are impartial towards you but we cannot look after you especially in the island of heroes.”
    Shi Potian said: “This is obvious.”

Li Si said: “Here we also has several bronze medals, we are inviting master Fan Yifei and master Lu Zhengping to the island of heroes to eat “Eight meat gruel”. Are you people accepting it?”
    Fan Yifei looked at Gao San Niangzi and thought: “She has already seen the result after not accepting the bronze medals at first. At least one person of us is surviving. Anyway what’s the point of refusing now and then waiting in Guangdong for the total annihilation?”

He said immediately: “We are really indebted to be invited to the island of heroes by you two esteemed gentlemen, how can I surname Fan dare to forfeit? Also its still about two months for the last month, even if I refuse than still I get about two months to live….isn’t it.”

He stepped up and received the bronze medals from his hands. Lu Zhengping too followed him and accepted the bronze medals.
    Zhang San and Li Si held their fist in the other hand to salute and said: “Everyone accepted the initiation, many thanks.”
    He turned to Shi Potian and said: “Brother, we still had long journey, today we may not be able to drink with you together, and we will say our goodbye.”

Shi Potian said: “We won’t drink three bowls of wine that might be well but we can at least drink from the bottle gourds, is it fine elder brother?”
    Zhang San said with a smile: “Ohh...No! This kind of liquor is very difficult to get and if we finish it than we will have empty bottle gourds, now what good will that do? Good, younger brother, elder brother, we will drink three bowls of wine.”

The people from clan of eternal happiness immediately brought wine for their Bangzhu and poured it in three bowls for Shi Potian, Zhang San and Li Si.

Shi Qing moved towards them and said in a loud voice: “We Shi Qing and Min Rou are people of low skills but still we will really appreciate if you can also invite us to the island of heroes to eat “eight meat gruel”.
    Zhang San thought: “For more than 30 years, in the martial arts world whenever someone hears about the invitation from the island of heroes than he is most frightened, today some people are unexpectedly voluntarily accepting the invitation, there is a first time for everything.”

He said: “Master and madam Shi, I am really sorry. You two are from the Shan Qing sect and we have already invited the sect leader so we can’t invite you separately, we can’t even invite old master Yang Guang.”
    Bai Wanjian asked: “you two still have a long journey to make, whether ......Whether you are going towards the Ling Xiao city?”

Zhang San said: “Master Bai predicts with great accuracy, we two people were just about to go to visit your father old Hero Master Bai.”
    The color left Bai Wanjian’s face immediately; he started to speak but hesitated, and after half a day, said: “Good.”

Zhang San said with a smile: “Hero Bai, if you go quickly than maybe you will even have the opportunity to say Goodbye….ha haha haha!!”
    He said his hand the two people turn around and slowly moved out.
    Gao San Niangzi scolded: “these turtles …!” She again moved her left hand moved and she threw four short knives at the two people from behind. She knew perfectly well it will be really difficult to wound these two people, but in her heart, she was too angry and resentful towards them so she threw those knives.

She saw that these two knives almost reached their back and they were not conscious that they have been attacked.
    As soon as Shi Potian saw it he called out: “Two elder brothers, be careful!”

They heard his voice both of them moved forward with amazing speed and the short knives moved outside the main gate and disappeared without a trace.
    These short knives were special projectile weapons which when shot by hand gains enormous speed but the way these two people moved, they were faster than these projectiles and people were again shocked to see their skills and they looked at each other as if they had just seen a ghost and demon.

Gao San Niangzi still scolded: “turtles......”, and said many abusive words but her voice was really low.
    Shi ZhongYu took the hand of Dingdang and tried to slip through this gathering but as Gao San Niangzi threw her knives, everyone saw unconsciously towards the main gate and saw them leaving.
    Bai Wanjian shouted fiercely: “Halt!”

He turned towards Shi Qing and said: “Master Shi, you confessed about your son sometimes back!”
    Shi Qing said: “I have lived my life but now having such son ….what words can I say? Master Bai, we husband and wife will take our son to Ling Xiao city ourselves and he will face the punishment from old Master Bai.”

Bai Wanjian and Snow Mountain disciples were all surprised. They thought that earlier these were ready to rescue their false son but now when they have met their real son then they have in fact consented to take him to the Ling Xiao city. Are they planning to cheat?

Min Rou looked at her husband; Shi Qing too looked at her. She looked really sad and mournful and he couldn’t endure to look at her again. He had already decided and didn’t want to have a second thought about this matter. He thought: “Originally we thought that our son is involved in some conspiracy and framed by these people from clan of eternal happiness and we will come and try to save him from this disaster, such moral behavior, oh!”

These two people met Shi Potian then he was recovering from that sickness. His memory wasn’t great and his speech too was also ridiculously childish but his instincts were sincere and innocent. As they spent more time together they understood that he really has a good heart and really liked him. Min Rou went ecstatic to meet her son. Shi Potian didn’t have much understanding of worldly affairs; she thought that this child was the same one who left them years ago. Unexpectedly when the real Shi Zhong Yu appeared, although the appearance was similar, his behavior was actually completely different. He was crafty and timid and they were really ashamed of him.

Min Rou was really disappointed with her son but still he was their own child, how could have she just leave her. She called out: “Son, come here!”

Shi Zhong Yu came near her, smiled and said: “Mother, I have met you after so many years, I really missed you. Mother, you are looking more and younger as you grow older, if anybody see you with me then they will think that you are my elder sister, not my biological mother.”

Min Rou showed a faint smile but in her heart she thought: “This child is really glib.” But she smiled to avoid showing her real emotions.
    Shi Zhong Yu said: “Mother, several years back I once found a pair of blue jade bracelet, I always keep it me and thought that the moment I will meet you, I will gift you those.” As he said these words he pulled out a pair of jade bracelet and a setting a pearl head ornament. He gave the jade bracelets to his mother and turned towards Dingdang and gave the pearl ornament to Dingdang.

Min Rou liked that jewelry a lot. It was really attractive but she understood that his son was a lecherous person and he carries these kinds of expensive gifts to lure girls and whenever he sees beautiful women than he will take out a present to win favor.
    Shi Zhong Yu turned around and inserted the pearl head ornament on Dingdang’s hair, smiled and said in a low voice: “These hairs deserves ornaments ten times better but at present I don’t have anything else so you have to put up with it for the time being.”

Dingdang felt really happy and said in a low voice: “Elder brothers Shi, you always say these words.”
    She put out her hands and gently stroked the pearl ornament and looked towards Shi Zhong Yu.

Bei Haishi coughed several times and said: “Old hero Yang Guang, Master Shi, Madam Min Rou, numerous heroes from Guangdong and Snow mountain sect, there was all sorts of misunderstanding and acrimony among us. Let’s drink wine and leave all these words and feuds behind.”
    But Shi Qing couple, Bai Wanjian, Fan Yifei, and everyone else each have their your concerns. They thought: “The disaster has just left your doors and you want to make merry, who is in the mood to drink your wine at this point of time?”

Bai Wanjian first said: “The two envoys of Island of heroes have just left for the Ling Xiao city, we must hurry back immediately. Master Bei, we apologize to decline your offer.”
    Shi Qing said: “We three people must also go together with the Snow mountain sect people.”

Fan Yifei too said his goodbye and said that he must return Guangdong early, however he didn’t say it directly but people understood that they want to hurry back and take care of their sect matters before going to island of heroes.

The group said goodbye immediately to everyone. The face of Shi Potian turned pale as the visitors prepared to leave. He felt really miserable in his heart. He thought: “I told them earlier that they are making a mistake, I told to Dingdang, Master Shi, and Madam Min Rou, now I everyone is leaving. Suddenly it looks I am again alone in this world, yesterday I had a mother and father but now no one wants me, Dingdang doesn’t wants me, Grandma Shi doesn’t want me, A’Xiu doesn’t want me!”

Fan Yifei came to him and expressed his gratitude again and again.
    Bai Wanjian said: “Shi Bangzhu, we have offended you several times, I don’t deserve it but still I request you to forgive me. Shi Bangzhu, you are a real chivalrous person, you helped us on the Azure mist island to fight against those evils. This time we are going but if we keep our life then we will come back and will become friends in the future”

Shi Potian said yes but in his heart he wanted to cry out aloud.
    When Shi couple came to say their good bye, Shi Potian saw them with extreme sadness and melancholy. Min Rou saw him and felt really bitter in her heart. She wanted to say to him that they want them to accept him as their adopted son but then she thought that he is now the Bangzhu of a reputed sect of the area south of Yangtze River. It wouldn’t be appropriate to say these words so she said: “Shi Bangzhu, earlier when we met, we husband and wife had mistaken you and really disrespected you, I only hope ......Only hope that we will be in good terms even after we say goodbye.”

Shi Potian said: “Yes, yes!” He gazed as people departed. He kept on staring until the image of last person sublimated in the horizon.
    Bei Haishi was ashamed and also extremely grateful. He and other people from the group didn’t manage to say anything to Shi Potian as they thought that he has accepted the bronze medals now and his last time is not that far. No one dare to speak in front of him and gave him his space. They thought that if the leader has the temperament to send himself to death for good of everyone then what else can one want?

End of chapter – 15

Thanks for the excellent translation, Mr. Abhay. It brings tears to my eyes.

Btw, it's 2-1

me too

Default sob sob... real men

Possibly my favorit passage. def my favorit bit of translation this week

The 16th chapter
    Ling Xiao city

That night, Shi Potian went to bed early but all the night he kept on tossing on his bed and all his dreams were kind of blurry.
    In his sleep, he heard a voice from the window; suddenly he woke up and remembered that Dingdang used to come this way earlier. He hurriedly moved towards the window and said: “Yes, Dingdang….” Suddenly he stopped; sighed and thought: “Am I going crazy? Dingdang has already left with elder brother Shi, how can I see her again?”

He again saw the window to shove open slowly, a slender person appeared and leapt forward gently, and she smiled.
    Shi Potian was shocked, he asked: “Are you Dingdang?”
    She arrived inside and said with a smile in a low voice: “Have you forgotten me?”

Shi Potian was pleasantly surprised; he said: “You ......how are you here?”
    She said: “I was worrying about you, look at you…. What's wrong; this is unacceptable?”

Shi Potian shook his head and said: “You had found your elder brother Shi, now you have come back, I don’t understand it?”
    Dingdang said with a smile: “Oh, I was angry earlier? Elder brother Shi, I even hit you, are you angry with me?” As she said these words she extended her hand and gently caressed his cheek.

Shi Potian smelled a sweet fragrance, he felt as if someone was applying some ointment on his checks and gently stroking it. He cannot help but got confused, he spoke haltingly saying: “I am not angry, Dingdang, you do not need to visit me again. You have admitted your mistake that is enough; everybody do things in their own manner, so long as you don’t think I am a swindler; that is good.”

Dingdang said: “Young swindler, young swindler! Oh, if you are really a swindler, perhaps I would have instead liked it.
    Elder brother Shi, you are an unusual honorable gentleman, you bow to Heaven and Earth to get married with me, throughout ......Has not regarded me as your wife.”

Shi Potian shivered and cannot help but felt ashamed, said: “I ......I am not an honorable gentleman! I did think that way....I don’t dare! Luckily ......Luckily we did not did anything, otherwise ......otherwise…..”

Dingdang stepped back one step, sat above the sides of the bed and put both her hands on her face and started sobbing and weeping suddenly.
    Shi Potian was really flustered, he asked her: “What's wrong ......What's wrong?”

Dingdang said: “I ......I know that you are an honorable gentleman but others ......Others actually do not think so. Even if I jumped in Yellow River still I won’t come clean now. Shi Zhong Yu said.....He said that I have done obeisance to Heaven & Earth, have stayed in the room, he is not been willing to live with me.”

Shi Potian stamped his foot saying: “This .....This is not good? Dingdang, you do not need to worry, I will tell the truth to him. If I tell him that we didn’t have any relation and I only respected you than…… may be.”
    Dingdang smiled through the tears, said: “Respected me as any other Husband and wife will respect each other…no this won’t do.”

Shi Potian said: “Sorry, I spoke incorrectly. I listened to other people saying these words and actually did not understand their true meanings.”
    Dingdang cried and stamped her foot gently, she said: “He has a mortal hatred for you, if you said to him than also he will not believe you.”
    Shi Potian thought in his heart: “He does not want you, I may probably want you.” But he knew that these words were not right so he started babbling and only managed to say: “This won’t work then what? Oh, I am not good; I am not good at anything...”

Dingdang said: “He is without family or friends but all of them like you, you also do not have graciousness like him but instead you have bowed to Heaven and Earth with his beloved and enjoyed the wedding festivities, why won’t he hate you? He ......If he was not Shi Zhong Yu but Fan Yifei or Lu Zheng Ping then you would have saved his life, however in this matter you didn’t raised a single voice..”

Shi Potian nodded and said: “Yes, yes, Dingdang, I feel quite sorry. We must think of a way. Why don’t you try to get help from your grandpa? If you ask your grandpa and explain this matter then he might help?”
    Dingdang stamped her foot and cried. She said: “Useless, useless. He ......by the time he will reach there, Shi Zhong Yu will be already dead. We don’t have much time. If I had enough time than don’t you think I would have gone to him?”

Shi Potian was in great surprise, he asked: “Why don’t have Shi Zhong Yu that much time, how can he be dead so soon?”
    Dingdang said: “Snow mountain sect sent that Bai Wanjian to apprehend him earlier and by mistake captured you, luckily grandpa and I saved your life. If he detained you and managed to bring you to Ling Xiao city then at this moment you would have already been dead. Don’t you remember?”
    Shi Potian said: “I certainly remember. Oh, this is not good! Master Shi Qing had advocated peace with Master Bai and is himself delivering him to Ling Xiao city...”

Dingdang said: “Snow mountain sect hates him. As soon as he enters the Ling Xiao city, he won’t come out alive?”
    Shi Potian said: “yes, the snow mountain sect has been sending people from time to time to seize me; this matter is really not a small matter. Perhaps however the Shi couple might be able to able to talk to them and resolve this issue.”

Dingdang clenched her teeth and said: “Do you think this matter is so easy to resolve? They will only scold him and leave him to go? Why do think that they are detaining him hundreds miles far away and bringing him back to the Ling Xiao city? The Snow mountain sect has been trying to apprehend him for years now. Do you know how many people have died for this?”
    Shi Potian felt drops of cold sweat running through his back, the snow mountain sect has sent so many people to capture him and a lot of people were really dead and wounded. He knew that Shi Zhong Yu has offended them in a big way that’s why entire Snow mountain sect is looking for him and is ready to live and die.

Dingdang said: “Elder brother Shi really has a lot of faults but it would be a real pity if Shi Qing couple too will die with him. These two people are great chivalrous and kindhearted, it shouldn’t happen to them.”
    Shi Potian jumped up immediately and said: “You ......What did you say? Are master Shi and lady Min Rou is in danger too?”

Shi Qing and Min Rou were the people who took care of him for so many days and really loved him. Although they have admitted their mistake but in his heart, actually he still treated them as his parent so when he heard that these two people are in danger than he couldn’t restrain himself.

Thanks for the translation.

I can't help but feel that Ding Dang is manipulating SPT again.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Yeah, it's obvious as a daylight. But, you know, she uses others, other is using her, too.
    DO unto others, what you want others do unto you. (kind of ..)

Thanks, Mr. Abhay.

Default This

Quote Originally Posted by balikpapan View Post
    Yeah, it's obvious as a daylight. But, you know, she uses others, other is using her, too.

DO unto others, what you want others do unto you. (kind of ..)

Thanks, Mr. Abhay.

hmm i have to agree, but i cant help but feel that this will also help shi potian to get over her.

And of what of Shi Potian...ofcourse he is out hero but when he is alone..he will think of Dingdang but when he is with Dingdang he will think of A'Xiu...another archetypal male

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i think SPT isn't as bad as some of the other hero's. he feels some affection for dingdang because she was the first pretty girl who showed him attention. and he spent some time in her company. but ah xiu was the first girl he really fell in love with. dingdang and he didn't really have a lovers relationship.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Dingdang said: “The Shi couple are parent of Elder brother Shi but they are going along with elder brother to Ling Xiao city and are bringing death on themselves. They are hoping to ask favor from Elder Bai. However old gentleman Bai will certainly not consent and will kill elder brother Shi. The Shi couple cherish their son will all their heart, whatever be the mistakes of their son but how can a mother or father see him die in front of their eyes so obviously at the critical moment, things will be resolved by violence. Ling Xiao city is the base of Snow mountain sect; even if the martial art skills of the Shi couple are high still these three people won’t be any match to them. Oh… I remember Madam Shi looking and talking to you. She really likes you and care for you; perhaps even as your real mother would have. She ......She ......will die unexpectedly in the Ling Xiao city, this is really sad.” As she said these words she covered her face and wept.

Shi Potian felt as if his entire body is on fire, he said: “The Shi couple are in real risk once they enter the Ling Xiao city, I must hurry to the rescue them. Even if I save them then still it won’t be good, I will rather accompany them my entire life, Dingdang I am going!” As he said these words he moved towards the door in big strides.

Dingdang pulled his sleeve and asked: "Where are you going?"
    Shi Potian said: "I am leaving tonight only and will try to catch up with the Snow mountain sect and the Shi couple by the time they reach Ling Xiao city."

Dingdang said: "Old hero Bai have very powerful martial art skills, coupled with his son, Bai Wanjian, “Wind & Fire Dragon” Feng Wanli and so on…there are several martial art exponents in Ling Xiao city. Your martial arts is good but how will you avoid those poison meshed arrows of Snow mountain sect, they will overpower you just by their numbers. If you enter into their trap, then despite all of your skills you will starve to death."
    Shi Potian said: "They also shouldn’t go there too."

Dingdang said: "You are in rage and in your anxiety you will rush to Ling Xiao city and lose your life but will that save the lives of Shi couple? If you die, you won’t know how sad I will be... I can not live by. "

Shi Potian suddenly heard saying these words and couldn’t restrain his heart from jumping madly, he said: "Are you ... ... Why are you so good to me? I am not your elder ... your real elder brother Shi."

Dingdang said: "You two look exactly the same, in my heart, I found no difference, not to mention that we have met several times and you always treated me so well. “These sentiments will live” that’s the words everyone uses, isn’t?"
    She grasped his hands and said: "Brother Shi, you promise me, you won’t die whatever happens"

Shi Potian said: "But I have to save Manor master Shi and his wife."
    Dingdang said: "I am saying these words but don’t be suspicious towards me. Please don’t think that I harbor malicious intentions."

Shi Potian said: "Why will I think that you have ill will?”

Dingdang said with hesitation: "Elder brother Shi, If anyone hears that I am asking you to save the Shi couple then they will think that I am ensnaring in to a trap. No, this matter can not do so."
    Shi Potian said: "So what is the other way in the end? If we don’t do anything to help manor master Shi Qing and Lady Min Rou, it will be really bad."

Dingdang said: "Elder brother Shi, if you really want to hear this plan than listen however please say frankly if you don’t want to follow this one and I won’t ask about it again. Firstly do you know that why Snow mountain sect hate Shi Zhong-Yu so much and want to kill him? "

Shi Potian said: "It seems he was disciple of the Snow mountain sect and he committed a big folly. I don’t know for sure but from what I heard, he has violated the young lady of Master Bai Wanjian and she committed suicide. Old master Bai was really angry and as a punishment his own teacher “Wind and fire dragon” Feng Wanli cut his own arm. I don’t know what else he has done.”

Dingdang said: "Yes, precisely because many people lost their life and reputation they will also kill him in revenge. Elder brother Shi, you have not violated the young lady of master Bai, isn’t it?"

Shi Potian said:" Me? I certainly did not. I have not even seen her."
    Dingdang said:" this is it. I knew that this will work but it’s very difficult too. You have to go to the Ling Xiao city and in place of Shi Zhong Yu with Manor master Shi Qing and his wife. So when they are going to kill you, you tell them the truth, Tell that you are not Shi Zhong Yu but Gouzazhong (Bastard).

They want to kill Shi Zhong Yu but not you. They might threaten you, will say that you are trying to deceive people but will eventually release you. They won’t kill you and so Master Shi Qing and his wife too won’t forfeit their lives. "

Shi Potian thought and said after some time: "This is actually a very good way to resolve this situation but Ling Xiao city is far in the Western mountains, hundreds of miles way and Master Bai and Shi couple are riding together, I'm afraid ... ... I'm afraid if I said anything than they will recognize me and I will be exposed. Dingdang you know, you know….. I am stupid and not good with words where as... this Shi Zhong Yu, he is really bright." He said these words but couldn’t help but to feel dejected.

Dingdang said: "I have thought of this. You only need to put some throat medicine so that your throat swells up, pretend that gave you have a large sore and you are no longer able to speak. After the swelling goes down don’t speak at all and pretend that you have become a mute." As she said these words, she sighed and slowly: "Brother Shi, this way is really wonderful but it isn’t easy. You are really wonderful, you know, I will rather die but won’t let you face any grievance. "

Shi Potian listened to her talking so on affectionately about love and life and at this time, he thought he is even willing to die let alone just a mute, he moved forward courageously, and said immediately: “Is very good, this idea is really wonderful!
    How will I then trade place with Shi Zhong Yu?”

Dingdang said: “They are staying right now in a small town nearby. If we hurry then we can reach there before dawn. I know that Shi Zhong Yu is staying in which room, we will go quietly and he will change the clothing with you. Tomorrow morning you groan loudly and say that you have a malignant ulcer in your throat. After this until they really want to kill in Ling Xiao city, just don’t open your mouth and speak to anyone.”
    Shi Potian said: “Dingdang, this is a good method.”

Dingdang said: “You may not speak with anyone all the way, may not be too intimate with the Shi couple too. Master Bai is a very astute and fierce person, so long as you won’t give anything, he will suspect you especially after that incident in temple of village god when I and grandpa rescued you. Oh….Shi couple are such chivalrous people, if they get killed in the Ling Xiao city.....” She shook her head and sighed.

Shi Potian nodded and said: “Don’t worry, I will pay full attention and won’t let anyone kill them. Fine, let’s go then”

Suddenly the door was pushed open and a female sound called out: “Young master, you are getting deceived by this person!”
    Last edited by Abhay; 09-03-09 at 02:15 AM.

Ding Dang is really vicious

Couple of small questions:

Paragraph 1: "She ......She ......must die unexpectedly in the Ling Xiao city, ". Is it better if instead of must, she ..... will die unexpectedly? Especially if Ding Dang was talking about future event?

Paragraph 15: "They might threaten you, will say that you are trying to deceive people but will put you eventually." Put in this context means?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Hmmm, problem is, of course she is deceiving him - but she is likely right about the probable fate of his parents if SP doesn't intervene. I foresee a very quiet but amusing (for us) trip in his immediate future.

by the time i read this part i'm sure that dingdang is really lying to him as surely she wanted her lover to survive. no talking to the parents, no talking to anyone. SP really do have a straight mind (naive actually) and not having any experiences to have any prejudice(is this right?) toward others

Quote Originally Posted by kamensilver View Post
    by the time i read this part i'm sure that dingdang is really lying to him as surely she wanted her lover to survive. no talking to the parents, no talking to anyone. SP really do have a straight mind (naive actually) and not having any experiences to have any prejudice(is this right?) toward others
    Retarded is more likely. I mean, if DingDang gave acceptable and slightly reasonable answers, It is understandable for SP to fall to her plot. She is pretty and etc.. But this... I think the author needs to find a better way than do a shortcut just to get SP into trouble. Thanks a lot, Mr. Abhay

Corrected....editing is really boring

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post

Ding Dang is really vicious

Couple of small questions:

Paragraph 1: "She ......She ......must die unexpectedly in the Ling Xiao city, ". Is it better if instead of must, she ..... will die unexpectedly? Especially if Ding Dang was talking about future event?

Paragraph 15: "They might threaten you, will say that you are trying to deceive people but will put you eventually." Put in this context means?

Han Solo

To say that Shi Potian is gullible will be a massive understaement...as they say there is no cure for stupidity. Just was watching Duke of mount deer yesterday and noticed the extreme difference between the intelligence of Wei Xiaobao and Shi Potian...

On the other hand I too was surprised by the Dingdang then remembered she is after all from Ding family...

In the dim light, he saw a young girl standing in the entrance; he was actually his maid servant Shijian.

Shi Potian said: “Elder sister Shijian.....who is deceiving me?”
    Shijian said: “I heard what she said from the adjoining room. This Ding Guniang is restless and doesn’t have good intention, she ......She wants to rescue her elder brother Shi Zhong Yu and using you as a scapegoat.”

Shi Potian said: “No! Ding Guniang is helping me to think of a way to save manor master Shi Qing and Madam Min Rou.”
    Shijian anxiously said: “Young master, think again, she doesn’t have any good intention for you.”

Dingdang sneered and said: “Good, you really helped the Bangzhu of your sect by asking him to accept the invitation from Island of heroes and now you are trying to sow discord between two people.”

She turned her head towards Shi Potian and said: “Elder brother, do not reason with this lowly person, you go and ask Chen Xiangzhu to get hold of some sedative incense. After that, do not come back here again, I will wait for you outside at the front gate.”

Shi Potian asked: “Why do I need sedative incense?”
    Dingdang said: “Meet me at front gate and then I will tell you, fine now go quickly.”

Shi Potian said: “Yes!” he moved quickly out.
    Dingdang sneered at Shijian and said: “You little girl, your conscience is really boring!”

Shijian felt that something was wrong and turned to run away but how could Dingdang let her go. She caught her by her hair and hit her with her double palm technique in her chest and killed her immediately.
    Dingdang immediately moved towards window to escape then suddenly remembered to clean this up so she turned round and pulled Shijian to bed. She also pulled down her clothing so that her lower part of her body was bare. She then put the brocade quilt to cover. She thought that when the people from clan of eternal happiness will see this than obviously they will think that she tried to resist Shi Potian and was killed by him in anger. In that case Bei Haishi and others will only try to cover up this incident and will not investigate this matter to evade shame.

She left the room and quietly reached to the front gate outside, after some time Shi Potian too came and said in a low voice: “I got it.”
    Dingdang said: “Good…let’s move now!”

Both people arrived at the riverside and boarded the boat.
    Dingdang held the oar to traverse several miles and then abandoned the boat. They came ashore and saw that two horses are already tied under the willow tree and already saddled.

Shi Potian said: “You think really thoroughly, you have prepared everything in advance including the saddles.”

The complexion of her face changed and she got angry and said: “What is thorough? This is my grandfather's horse; I did not know that you will be so anxious to save the lives of the Shi couple.”

Shi Potian did not understand why she is angry suddenly, does not dare to say anything and rode the horse. Two people quickly covered the distance and reached that small town where they were staying. They left their horse outside the town and sneaked into the town.

Dingdang led him to the inn they were staying and said him in a low voice: “The Shi husband and wife are resting in the east wing of second floor.”
    Shi Potian asked: “They all are in the same room. Are they afraid that the Shi Zhong Yu will try to escape?”

Dingdang said: “Humph, the parents are fearing that their son will run away from his death. They have themselves jailed him and the Snow mountain people are trying to get the confession from him day and night. They are thinking about chivalry and hero's face by actually not paying attention to fact that their own son is life is in danger. Such parents are really unusual in this world.” As she spoke these words her face filled with disdain towards them.

Shi Potian listens to her but didn’t understood what she was trying to say, he asked in a low voice: “What do we do now?”
    Dingdang said: “You have to ignite that sedative incense you brought with you in their window and wait till the husband and wife are in stupor. Then push that window and enter in to the room. In pushes the window to enter where Shi Zhong Yu is staying.

You have to do it extremely quietly. Your lightness martial art is good and I don’t think master Bai will be able to detect you. My lightness martial arts are inadequate and in fact inferior to you.”

Shi Potian nodded and said: “That is not actually that difficult. Chen Xiangzhu told me that they have captured the Snow mountain disciple using this sedative incense only?”

Dingdang nodded and said with a smile: “This is the lowly weapon of you honorable sect but it is very effectively, otherwise the snow mountain sect disciples are not common people, how can they be so easily captured?”

She also said: “You must be careful and cannot make any sound. You can’t compare the Snow mountain sect people with the Shi couple.”
    Shi Potian complied, he ignited the sedative incense. Although they were in a spacious open place, only after smells a haze, he felt dizziness. He was slightly startled, he asked: “Will this suffocate the people”
    Dingdang said: “They used this sedative incense to apprehend the snow mountain disciples earlier; I don’t think anyone got suffocated at that time or not.”

Shi Potian said: “That does a not sound good but we have to do it anyway. Good, you wait for me here.” He arrives around the wall, took the light leap over the wall and entered without making any sound, he found the east wing and went to the second room’s window and cocks his ear to hear if he had attracted any of them .He heard no voice and assumed that they all are sleeping soundly so he stuck out his tongue to lick the paper on window and put the ignited end of sedative incense in side that hole.

He waited for some time for the toxic smoke to take affect and moved only after the entire stick got burned. He listened attentively to for any sounds of people. He put a little internal energy to push open the window, the window buckled then broke open immediately, he moved inside the room. There was little light filtering in to the room from the courtyard, he saw the Shi Qing and Min Rou resting on one side and Shi ZhongYu on the other side, all three people are lying motionless.

He took two steps and gain felt dizziness, he understood that he might have inhaled some of the toxic gas. He knew that he can’t make any noise so he quickly grabbed Shi Zhong Yu and leapt lightly from the window outside and turned towards the wall where Dingdang was hiding.
    Dingdang said in a low voice: “Good, Elder brother, you are really competent.” She also said: “We should move away from here so that we do not alarm Master Bai.”

Shi Potian moved away from the wall in the opposite direction and found a hiding place.
    Dingdang said: “Elder brother, now quickly take off your clothes and, exchanged with him. Shi Potian took out a small pouch from his waist. It had the bronze medals he received from the envoys of Command of reward punishment and asked: “This ......should I give him this too?”
    Dingdang said: “yes, give him! If someone see this with you this then they will immediately recognize you. I will go and act as lookout…in the meantime change the cloths.”

Shi Potian saw her walk away them stripped away his cloths and then exchanged the cloths with Shi Zhong Yu. Once he was done, he went to Dingdang and said: “Ok, done!”
    Dingdang turned towards her and said: “Elder brother, the Shi couple care about you a lot and now its responsibility to care about their life. Please be careful.”

Shi Potian said: “Yes, I will be careful.”
    Dingdang loosened a water bag from her waist and poured some water on the face of Shi Zhong Yu to wake him up. After that she took out a small iron box from her bosom, uncovered the lid and put out her hand to take out some kind of greasy herb and said to Shi Potian: “Show me your throat!”

She spread that herb on his throat and said: “Elder brother, it is a medicinal ointment and will make your throat swell. Tomorrow you might have some pain.”
    Shi Potian said: “It is not important!” He only saw Shi Zhong Yu stirring and coming back to his senses so he said to Dingdang: “I ......I should go.”
    Dingdang said: “yes, leave quickly!”

Shi Potian took moved towards the room, goes out several ten feet and turned his head to see back. He saw that Shi Zhong Yu was now awake and was talking to Dingdang in low voice. Dingdang smiled as she heard him although the sound was light but it actually was filled with some illicit meaning.

Shi Potian felt really bad and thought in his heart: “From now on, I cannot be with Dingdang again.”
    Last edited by Abhay; 09-04-09 at 11:04 AM.

Fragrant morphine = opium?

Morphine was first extracted in 1804, and sold in 1817 in Germany.

I think that this story was set in Ming Dynasty, not Ching Dynasty.

Han Solo
    P/s: Thanks for translation
    P/p/s: Hell hath no fury like a Ding Dang on a mission.
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

GODDAMN, i hate DingDang so much.... i'm guessing that the maid needed to died for some new misunderstanding that involved Shi Potian in the plot, but if she died for no reason at all then i'm really pissed. Shi Potian should of known that DingDang would kill many people just to get what she wants, like that time she tricked her grandfather to kill random people so he's over the limited of kills for the day.

Thanks for the translation and keep up the good job!!
    I'm a big D.Wade and Ginobili fan.
    I am so sick of Hu Ge
    I fight with my dog for the role of master and pet daily and he usually wins.