Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Xia ke xing: Chapter 10 onwards...Take 2

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    I was talking about the Taoists, and just about everyone else in the story so far. In other novels, people would be sensible enough to admit when they've met their match, and reasonable enough to at least somewhat observe the rules of wulin. So far, supposedly honourable characters of all flavours have pressed their pride beyond reason, and ignored rules whenever it's suited them.
    Hehe OK, however I think the way SPT talk with them it's just against the traditional norm (Confucianism) at that time, so that is why they got mad.

Finally end of Chapter 12 ....

Every Taoist priest in the group unsheathed his sword as they heard these words of Tian Xu.
    Shi Potian sighed and said: “I do not want to kill them originally, as soon as I raised my palm; unexpectedly they fell on the ground motionless.”
    Tian Xu got extremely angry and turned towards Shi Qing and said in a loud voice: “Shi fellow, how will you explain this matter, do you want to say something!”

Shi Qing was extremely shocked and he couldn’t think of anything, he turned his head towards his wife and saw her tearful eyes, she looked terrified, hardened his heart immediately and said: “We are loyal to out sect. This little animal causes trouble everywhere. We husband and wife will not try to protect him now and it depends on the master of the Shan Qing temple to decide his punishment.”
    Tian Xu said: “It is good then!” he took out his sword and wanted to move forward to attack from both sides.
    Min Rou said: “holds on a minute!”

Tian Xu looked at her indifferently and said: “what words did the younger sister have to say?”
    Min Rou trembled and said in a soft voice: “According to brother Chong, these two senior fellow-disciples have not yet died. Perhaps ......Perhaps.....still they can be saved.”
    Tian Xu sneered at her and said: “These two people are hit by such a violently poison, does it looks if they can recover? Younger sister by saying these words, you are only wasting some more time.”
    Min Rou was well aware of hopelessness, still said to Shi Potian: “Little child, what kind of poison do you have in your palm? Don’t you have its antidote?”

As she was saying these words she moved closer to Shi Potian, arrived at his side and said: “I will take a look in your pocket, maybe there is an antidote for it.” She pretended to search his pocket, but actually said in a low voice near his ear: “runs away quickly, runs away quickly! Today father and mother can’t save you!”
    Shi Potian was surprised and called out in a loud voice: “father, mother? Who are my father, mother?”

Just now Tian Xu has said him “your worthy son” regarding him but Shi Potian didn’t understood that “Your worthy son” and “your son” are same (some play of word). Shi couple too were saying him “Child” this and “child” that but it is such a generic term that Shi Potian didn’t think that they misunderstood him for their son.
    Shi Qing felt extremely angry when he heard these words of Shi Potian; he somehow managed to keep his sword at his back and said: “Younger sister, we can’t go against our own sect for this animal. He cannot run away!” His words sounded extremely bitter and hurtful.

Min Rou was adamant to save her child, she said: “child, these two people are our elder fellow disciples and are hit by your violent poison, you seriously ......Don’t have the medicine to rescues them?”
    Ling Xu saw Min Rou standing on his side, saw a big change in her facial expression, thought that Younger sister will try to defend her son no matter what the cost is. He feared that she might even commit suicide, so he extended his fingers to make contact with her, seized her sword in his hand. By now Min Rou had entirely lost her mind was concentrating on Shi Potian, she didn’t pay ant attention. Ling Xu took her sword from her hand gently without any resistance.

Shi Potian sees him bullying Min Rou, called out: “you are tricking?”
    He moved his right hand towards him to take back her sword.
    As soon as Lian Xu saw him moving towards him he wields his sword and swiped at his palm. Shi Potian lowered his palm, and moved his hand towards his wrist. He used the move “the nine interlocking rings”, one of the moves of Ding family’s eighteen palm seizing technique taught by Ding dang. It was an extremely exquisite move having several variation in each stance, however Ling Xu too was a veteran martial-art expert of Shan Qing temple, how could have he let him seize his wrist, he used his sword to force him back .

He shouted: “Good move!”
    Ling Xu made a circular motion with his sword and took the stance to attack him. Suddenly he fell to the ground. Actually during the last move Shi Potian brushed his sword with his hand and with it the poison too got to his sword. When he moved his sword and took a breath then, in a moment he fell down immediately.
    Everyone in the group were shocked greatly, cannot help but drew back several steps. There was huge change in everyone’s complexion as though they have seen some ghost or demon.

Shi Potian knew that this disaster has increased more. He saw Ling Xu lying on the ground, all the Taoist have gone back a few steps but still had their swords out and have surrounded him so he can’t run away, but he saw Ling Xu too couldn’t move, grasping his lower abdomen, was obviously had tremendous pain in his stomach.

The internal energy cultivation of Shan Qing temple was very deep and strong that’s why he had survived until now. Suddenly Shi Potian remembered the situation in the main hall of ‘Iron fork sect’, how so many people died in his hand, how this person was in same situation as Zhang San and Li Si. He remembered that both Li Si and Zhang San's situation was even more worse than Ling Xu still he managed to save them using the technique taught by Zhang San. He thought he should try to help this person too.

Ling Xu saw him coming towards him and moved his sword toward his body to stab him. Shi Potian saved himself quickly and quickly moved his hand to hold his Lingtai acu-point, with his right hand held the pit of his stomach and used the method taught by Zhang San. Ling Xu really felt helpless, he tried to move his hands but couldn’t, he started perspiring heavily and scolded him: “Damn you…you thief...little boy...*****!”
    As soon as the people listened him immediately shouting in thunderous voice, although he was shouting abuse unlike a Taoist still they understood that he is recovering.

Min Rou bursts into tears extremely, said: “Child, Elder brother Zhao Xu and Tong Xu are also our senior fellow- disciples and are poisoned, quickly treat and cure them.”
    Both the Taoist were at the point of death earlier. Zhao Xu and Tong Xu both were poisoned for a long time now, Shi Potian immediately used the same technique to cure them. However in a time to burn a joss stick he managed to take the poison out their body.

The moment Zhao Xu got his consciousness he shouted abusing him: “your paternal grandmother is a male!” Tong Xu too contributed: “A ***** has raised this bastard, he dared to poison us.”
    The Shi couple were endlessly happy, as they saw three fellow apprentices cursing him in such vulgar language, although it implicates them too, still found it very funny and thought: “These three senior fellow-disciples have studied Taoism for so many years, usually appear as very correct person with unyielding integrity, but today in desperate situation are actually speaking such language.”
    Min Rou said: “child, you have taken those bronze medals from Elder brother Zhao Xu, he is our elder and your mother doesn’t want to take it from them so return it!”

Shi Potian listened with great amazement and said: “mother? mother?”
    He took out the bronze medals from his bosom and returned it to Zhao Xu. He thought aloud and said: “you ......you are my mother?”
    Tian Xu sighed and said to Shi Qing and Min Rou: “Younger brother, Younger sister, I will say goodbye now.”
    He knew that hereafter they won’t have the opportunity to meet again so he didn’t say “we will meet again”. The rest of Taoist too said their goodbye and left

<end of Chapter 12>

Thanks for the translation.

"your paternal grandmother is a male" LOL

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Thanks for the translation.

"your paternal grandmother is a male" LOL

Han Solo
    O.o
    o.O

What the hell does that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo View Post
    O.o
    o.O

What the hell does that even mean?
    Something along the lines of "your grandma was a transexual" maybe? Or maybe the translating software used transposed some words?

Scolding someone with the words "your paternal grandmother is" as a starter is the usual curse in Mandarin I believe..

Default flip flop

you never heard of a flip flopa ?

"A ***** has raised this bastard" - this translation is a bit literal though correct. It would probably translate better as "son of a b1tch".

"你奶奶個雄" - Not at all what this should mean, except that it does involve your grandmother. I'd be quite amused if it meant "your grandmother's mustache" but it is likely much ruder than that!

I don't devote much time on abuses....

Chapter – 13
    Parental Love

Shi Potian was continuously looking at Min Rou, his mind was filled with all sort of suspicion.
    Her eyes were filled with tears and at the same time she said with a smile: “silly child, you ......You have not recognized your father and mother?”
    She stretched out her arms and hugged him. Shi Potian knew little about human affairs but a few people have shown him any kind of kindness, his heart filled with warmness, he hadn’t felt anything like this before. He did not know what to say, thought for half of the day, only then said: “he ......master Shi is my father? I did not know. However ......However ......You are not my mother, I am still looking for my mother.”
    Min Rou listens to him not recognizing her, she felt really sad in her heart, more tears fell from her eyes she said: “poor child, this is no wonder......we are separated for so many years, you can still remember you father but can’t remember your mother.
    When you left the Xuan Su manor, the top of your head only came up to your mother’s chest, now you might be almost as tall as your father. Your facial appearance has also changed over these years. In the temple of village god if we had not seen you captured by Bai Wanjian even we might have some difficulty to recognize you.”

Shi Potian listened to her talking, but he remembered her mother’s swollen face, her short stature, on the other hand Min Rou’s face was a lot different from her. How can he make such a mistake?
    He spoke haltingly: “Madam Shi, you are mistaken, I ......I ......I am not your son!”
    Min Rou turned toward Shi Qing and cannot restrain herself. Tears flowing copiously, she trembled and said: “Senior brother, you look at this child ......”

As soon as Shi Qing heard Shi Potian not recognizing his own parents, he thought: “this child is really crafty, he is not recognizing his parents, surely there is some deep meaning in it. Is it possible that after he had done all kinds of evil things in the Snow mountain sect and as the chief of “clan of eternal happiness”, he feels discredited and didn’t want to his parents to recognize him? Does he fear that we might punish him or he fears that he might implicate his parents?”

He asked: “Then you are chief of “clan of eternal happiness” Shi bangzhu?”
    Shi Potian said: “everybody said that I am Shi Bangzhu, actually I not. They are all mistaken.”
    Shi Qing asked: “then what is your name?”
    Shi Potian was at loss, his complexion changed still he said: “I don’t know. My mother used to call me bastard.”

Shi Qing and Min Rou glanced at each other, saw Shi Potian saying everything sincerely and it didn’t looked as if he was trying to deceive them intentionally.
    Shi Qing signals with his eyes towards Min Rou, both people went out ten steps. Shi Qing said in a low voice: “is this child our son? We only got information that our son has become the chief of “clan of eternal happiness. Isn’t this it stupid to think it might happen?”

Min Rou sobs and said: “Our son left his parents about ten years ago, in that time a child can age in a big way, the facial expression is ever changing, but ......but ......I recognized that he is my son.”
    Shi Qing hesitated and said: “In your heart, you have no doubt?”
    Min Rou said: “I do have my suspicions, but how I don’t know. I believe......he is our child. What’s the truth, I actually cannot tell.”
    Shi Qing thinks of some incident suddenly, said: “Younger sister ..that …that lowly person came to harm you the same day that day ......”
    This was Shi couple's lifetime matter of regret. Both people do not forget it frequently but actually were never willing to mention it.
    Shi Qing said to her but he kept looking downwards, no longer looking at her.

Min Rou came to her senses immediately, said: “good, I will say to him.”
    She came to Shi Potian, sat at a stone nearby and said to Shi Potian: “child come hear, I have to speak with you.”
    Shi Potian came near her and sat beside her on the stone.
    She said: “child, that year you had just turned a year old, a female thief came to harm your mother. Your father was not at the home; your mother had given birth to your younger brother and didn’t have the strength to fight her.
    That female thief was very wicked, not only she wanted to kill your mother, but also you and your younger brother.”
    Shi Potian said: “to kill me?”
    He laughed in spite of trying not to and immediately said: “I am really confused, then how am I alive.”

Min Rou didn’t smile, and continued saying: “I was holding you in my left hand and holding sword in right, desperately trying to fight her, her martial-arts were extremely good. At that critical moment, your father came back. That female thief threw out three darts, two pounded to your mother but the third actually hit on yours small buttocks.
    I was really weary and fainted there only but that female thief saw your father and ran away, unexpectedly her heart was really ruthless, she ran away conveniently holding your younger brother in her hand. Your father was busy rescuing me, also feared that she might have some secret helper waiting to seize the opportunity to harm me so he didn’t dare to pursue far.
    He thought that female thief......That female thief will not harm his son, but has only taken their son to scare them, but unexpectedly within three days that female thief has delivered your younger brother's corpse, in the pit of the stomach were inserted two swords. One a black sword and other white sword, on the sword were engraved your father and your mother's name ......”

As she said these words, she started crying.
    Shi Potian heard her words and filled with righteous indignation, got angry and said: “this female thief is seriously hateful, what does a young child understands? If I had these poisonous hands then actually could have killed her with one strike, otherwise I would have a younger brother. Madame Shi, this matter my mother never told me.”

Min Rou was still crying, she said: “child, have you really forgotten your own mother? I ......I am your mother.”
    Shi Potian stared at her face, shook his head slowly, and said: “No... You are mistaking me for someone else.”
    Min Rou said: “that day this female thief has hit a dart on your left buttock, although you have grown up, but that dart mark would be still there, so can you loosen a your trousers so I can have look.”
    Last edited by Abhay; 01-22-09 at 12:03 PM.

guys leave abuses for the time being and suggest me the title of chapter-13...I am clueless
    This is the text: 舐犊之情

Quote Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
    guys leave abuses for the time being and suggest me the title of chapter-13...I am clueless
    This is the text: 舐犊之情
    Parental love (舐犢情深)

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Just to inform, for anyone who understand Indonesian/Malay language, XKX Indonesian Edition translated by Gan KL already transferred fully to electronic version - completed at 49 chapters at serialsilat. Can be accessed under: Ruang Baca > Jin Yong > Medali Wasiat (must register to read)

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Just to inform, for anyone who understand Indonesian/Malay language, XKX Indonesian Edition translated by Gan KL already transferred fully to electronic version - completed at 49 chapters at serialsilat. Can be accessed under: Ruang Baca > Jin Yong > Medali Wasiat (must register to read)
    Thanks I will have a look
    Dunno B.I. but know B.M.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by baldy View Post
    Thanks I will have a look
    Dunno B.I. but know B.M.
    I myself is Malaysian and only know a little of BI but still you can get the gist of it . The names is very confusing coz using Hokkien names and most of the wugong moves are also in hokkien.

click to show/hide spoilers
    I already read up to the part where two "SPT" meet with each other

Shi Potian said: “I ......I ......”
    He remembered that he got his nipped shoulder by Ding dang and had a scar.
    He also remembered he got a scar on his leg when he was wounded by Snow mountain sect disciple Liao (although he didn't remember it himself) when he executed the move “six snowflake”, but these happened long ago, he even forgot those. He didn’t knew any scar on his back, when Madam Shi said that she wanted to check his buttocks for scar marks, he didn’t know if there ever was mark in there or not.
    He puts out a hand to separate the clothes to trace his left buttock and check if there is trace of any scar. He was really confused about this entire situation and was hesitant to drop his trouser in front of Madam Shi

Min Rou said with a smile: “I am your own mother, don’t you know how many times I have cleaned your excrement and soiled cloths when you were a child. What are you afraid of? Good, Let your father go and have a look at you.”

As she was saying she moved away several steps from him.
    Shi Qing said: “Child, now loosens your pants and let me have a look.”
    Shi Potian had already feeling for scars and didn’t felt any of it. He untied the belt, slipped off the pants, turned his head to look, he only saw above the left buttock pointed scars. It was on the light side and not so obvious. At once, in his heart he was panic-stricken, he felt as though his entire world is revolving, as if suddenly he had turned in to another person, but actually did not know when. He cried out loudly.

Min Rou turns around hurriedly. Shi Qing nodded to her and said: “he is really our son.”
    Min Rou was really happy at the same time tears flowing from her eyes, she snatched him to her side, hugs him and burst into tears, said: “son, my son, don’t fear, I know it’s a huge matter but your mother and father are here to take responsibility to you.”
    Shi Potian cried loudly and said: “what past matter, I hadn’t done anything. I did not know that you are my mother, did not know that he is my father, did not know that I have scars on my buttocks. I did not know anything ......”

Shi Qing said: “you have this profound internal energy, where have you learnt it?”
    Shi Potian shook his head and said: “I do not know.”
    Shi Qing again asked: “this poisonous palm of yours, how did you get it, who had taught you this?”
    Shi Potian stammered and said: “nobody taught me ......how? Am I really Shi Potian? Shi Bangzhu? Shi...shi…am I surnamed Shi, am I your son?”
    He was frightened and confused, he had held his trousers by his hand, and for a moment he forgot that he hasn’t yet tied the belt and left it. His trouser fell down to his knees.

Both the Shi couple saw his frightened appearance. Min Rou was filled with sympathy and caressed the top of his head lightly and said gently: “son, do not fear, do not fear about it!”
    All these years Shi Qing was really angry with his son but when he saw him in this state he threw aside all his hate and anger and thought: “I once saw some person got hit on his head, received a serious injury, afterwards when he recovered he got this big sickness, he forgot completely about his past, heard that it is called `the soul sickness '. It is extremely difficult to restore the memory......Has our son contracted this illness?”

In his heart he had these thoughts but didn’t dare to mention it to his wife for a while, unexpectedly Min Rou actually was also thinking about same.
    The couple looked at each other and blurted out as though by prior agreement: ‘the soul sickness’!”

Shi Qing knew a bit about the person who suffered from this kind of illness, if people keep on urging him to remember things than instead the person goes in to deep mental trauma. Only if things are told one by one, gradually the person starts to remember the forgotten things over a period of time.
    He immediately said in a very gentle voice: “Today all of us are having a reunion after such a long time. It’s a matter of happiness, child, you must be hungry, why don’t we get some food and eat.”
    Shi Potian was still scared witless, asks: “I ......Who am I?”

Min Rou puts out a hand to his waist, tied the belt, and said kindly: “child, you shouldn’t try to think too much about past, do you will feel any pain in your head? Had you sustained any injury on your head earlier?”
    Shi Potian shook his head and said: “no...Don’t have any head injury.”
    Min Rou asked: “then in these years, had you suffered any serious illness? Has gotten a high fever?”
    Shi Potian said: “Yes! Several months ago, my whole body had very high fever, earlier it seemed ad though I was roasting in a big stove, afterward the whole body felt cold, that day ......That day, I fainted in the barren hill, and henceforth I don’t remember anything.”
    Shi Qing got the answer to his question and he though that illness might be the reason of this memory loss. In his heart he happy at least he knew what’s going on.

Min Rou said to him slowly: “child, you do not fear, you had a severe illness and high fever that’s why you have forgotten all about the past.”
    Shi Potian was half believing and half doubting, he asked: “then you are really my mother, Shi ......Manor master Shi is my father?”
    Min Rou said: “Yes child, he is your father. He and I were looking for you everywhere, today the heaven pities me, and let our entire family meet.
    You ......you haven’t called him yet father?”
    Shi Potian deeply believed that Min Rou will not deceive him in any way. He also originally hadn’t met his father, he hesitated slightly but then called out to Shi Qing: “father!”
    Shi Qing smiled and said: “child, now call her mother.”

He wanted to call Min Rou her mother but it was much more difficult. He remembered clearly, his own mother’s facial expression and Min Rou were completely different. Now several years has passed on, by now her hair might be already grayish white, unlike Min Rou’s silky hair. His mother was crueler, often will yawn and then scold him, puts out a hand to hit him, on the other hand Min Rou was such polite and gentle but when he saw the face of Min Rou, a look of hope on her face that he will call her mother, she had waited for this meeting with her son for such a log time, her eyes were already red. He cannot help to look at her and called out in a low voice: “mother!”

Min Rou was extremely happy. She puts out her hand to hug him and called out: “good child, clever son!” beads of tear flowing from her eyes.
    Shi Qing also had his eyes moist, he thought: “Depending on this child deeds in Snow mountain sect and clan of eternal happiness, I will be damned, how can one say “good child, clever son”?”

He has suffered a lot from this sickness and we meeting after such a long time suddenly a phrase came to his mind “return of the prodigal son”. We will teach him well in the future, perhaps then he will repent for his misdeeds. He was far away from his parents since childhood; I never had opportunity to give him some pointers. He had ruined the name of Xuan Su manor, I hope now he can resurrect it again in the realm of rivers and lakes.
    He felt as though he was happy and sad at the same time.
    Min Rou saw her husband’s complexion and understood his concern. She feared that he might ask her son regarding those misdeeds and said: “senior brother, son, I am very hungry, come lets look for some food.”
    Shi Qing whistled and the white-black pair of horses rushed towards them.
    Min Rou said with a smile: “child, let’s ride this white horse together with your mother.”

Shi Qing saw his wife looking really happy after all those years. He too smiled faintly and leapt to sit on the black horse. Shi Potian and Min Rou rode on white horse and took the main road.

Shi Potian was full of suspicions and thought: “is she is really my mother? Then who raised me since childhood, isn't she my mother?”
    All three people rode the two horses for several miles. They saw a small temple nearby.
    Min Rou said: “we should go to this temple to pay our respects to Bodhisattva.”

She came down from her horse and entered the temple. Shi Qing and Shi Potian also followed her in the temple. Shi Qing knew for some time that her wife didn’t believed Buddha. He actually saw her entering Buddhist temple hall and kowtowing in front of Tathagata image of Lord Buddha, he turned his head to look towards Shi Potian.
    In his heart he felt a sense of gratitude towards him and thought: “this child, although he is unfillial, had committed evil acts, but still I like him a lot even more than my own life. If some people try to injure him, I will give up my life to save him.
    Today we father and son are reunited, Bodhisattva has blessed us, and I am really grateful and pay my respect.”
    He too kowtowed in front of the Bodhisattva.

Shi Potian stood in one side, he heard Min Rou praying in a very low voice: “Tathagata Buddha blesses us, I hope my son recovers from his illness soon, he is ignorant, for whatever sins he had done, give its punishment to her mother, I am ready to withstand it. Even if I am cut to pieces I will endure it willingly but just ask my son to turn over a new leaf from now on, his life does not have to be a disaster now on and should be safe and pleasant.”
    Min Rou prayed in extremely low voice, her lips barely moved but Shi Potian has extremely good internal energy so he was able to hear it clearly. He was able to hear her clearly, each character said in a very refined language and with utmost sincerity. As he heard his heart filled with warmness, he immediately thought: “she, if not for my own mother, who else will pray something like that in front of god and I was not willing to call her mother. This is really such a mess.”

Excitedly he went forward and threw his arms towards Min Rou to hug her and called out: “mother! Mother! You are really my mother.”
    Earlier when he called her mother it looked as he was reluctant but this time when he called her as though he was crying out with his innermost feelings.
    Min Rou reached behind his back to grasp him, called out: “my cruel fated child!”
    Shi Potian remembered how he lived his childhood in that barren hill with her mother for more than ten years. Although it wasn’t that good still both the mother and child have been bound by a common destiny for that many years.
    He could not restrain himself from asking: “what about my previous mother? Was....was she deceiving me?”
    Min Rou caressed his hair, said: “what previous mother are you talking about...do you remember something from your past.”
    Shi Potian said: “she ......Her hair has been somewhat white, has been shorter than yours. He didn’t now much martial-art, but she was often angry, often used to hit me and called me names.”
    Min Rou asked: “she said that she is your mother, and also called you ‘son’?”
    Shi Potian said: “No, she used to call me bastard!”

As they heard it Shi Qing and Min Rou got anxious.
    Min Rou said: “this woman used to call our son bastard. This means that she hated us husband and wife, is it possible that ......Is it possible she is that woman?”
    Min Rou said: “Is that woman had a oval face, her skin is white, the facial expression is very beautiful, when she smiles there is dimple on her face?”
    Shi Potian shook his head and said: “No … my mother’s cheek are fat, somewhat yellow, somewhat black, she keeps a long face entire day and rarely smiles. What is a dimple?”
    Min Rou said in a soft voice: “No, she not that woman. Child, that day in the temple of village god your mother was not careful and stabbed you by mistake. What kind of injury you had?”
    Shi Potian said: “That injury was very light, it went away in a few days.”
    Min Rou asked: “how do you escaped from the hands of Bai Wanjian? Our child is seriously amazing; he got better of that ‘frost of the north-west’ Bai Wanjian.”

As Shi Qing heard these words he felt extremely proud. Shi Qing and bai Wanjian has fought about thousand moves in that temple of village god so he knew he was extremely capable swordsman.
    He approved her words still he only said: “too do not praise the child, you have spoiled him enough.”
    Shi Potian said: “It is not that I ran away but Grandpa Ding Busan and Ding dang saved me that day.”
    The Shi couple knew about the bad reputation of Ding Busan. He coldly asked about the details.

Shi Potian immediately told them the entire story from beginning to end, how Ding Busan and Ding dang saved him and then how Ding Busan threatened to kill him and Ding dang taught him the Ding family’s seizing techniques, Then how he was thrown in to another boat.
    Min Rou asked in reply about the antecedent. Shi Potian then recounted how he bowed to heaven and earth with Ding Dang, he was captured by Bai Wanjian in the clan of eternal happiness. He also told how he met A’Xiu and Grandma Shi on that boat in Yangtze River, how he contested with Ding Busi and then later landed on Azure Mist island.
    He told them he became the disciple of Golden phoenix sect and his fight with Bai Wanjian. Afterwards he told them about that ship full of corpses of flying fish sect, how he swore brotherhood with those two people and what happened in the main hall of Iron Fork sect and finally how he entered Shan Qing temple to steal food and listened them. He ran into numerous people in the martial-arts world in these last few days. He told them about everyone obviously in a disorderly manner, but Shi Qing and Min Rou interrogated him item by item and understood finally. The couple were more and more astonished.

They asked him how he arrived at the clan of eternal happiness.
    Shi Potian then recounted how he practiced martial-arts on the skyscraping cliff. He then recounted past events of how she presented him as a gift some silvers in the past in cake shop in Outer Mongolia. How they came on their black and white horses.
    The couple could not believe that in the past in Hou Jianji the child they saw that dirty young beggar unexpectedly was their son. Min Rou recalled this young beggar and also one felt really sad.
    Shi Qing thought: “on time date calculation, when we met in Hou Jianji, it was precisely the time when this child ran away from Snow mountain sect. How is it that Geng Wanzhong didn’t recognize him?”
    He looked carefully at the appearance of Shi Potian and tried to remember how he looked when he saw him in Hou Jianji. He did remember he saw that young beggar but after that his memory was really fuzzy. He only remembered that he was wearing some rags, his dirty face and thought: “After he ran away from Snow mountain sect he might have been intentionally begging for food and changed his appearance to a dirty beggar, so that Geng Wanzhong and others can’t recognize him. We husband and wife had not seen him for some years but those people had just seen his recently, still they didn’t managed to recognize. This boy is really good.”

He asked: “that day outside the cake shop, you saw your teacher’s younger brother Geng Wanzhong and others, didn’t you felt afraid in your heart that they will seize you?”
    Min Rou was not willing that her husband should raise the matter of snow mountain sect but he had already mentioned it so she couldn’t do anything now. Her delicate eyebrows pressed slightly, she feared that Shi Qing might be stern with him and will start interrogating him about that matter.

Default i got a bad feeling

i get the feeling something is wrong... things are not as they seam in this story ?

Maybe is it because you have watched the tvb adaption of this novel. I also found that this novel is very much indifferent from the tvb adaption between the two brothers.It seems all the good thing happen to one of the sibling only instead and wandering what the other sibling.

Shi Potian said: “Geng Wanzhong? They are seriously my teacher's younger brother? I did not know at that time that they were looking for me obviously I didn't fear them.”
    Shi Qing asked: “you did not know at that time they were there to seize you? You ......You did not know that Geng Wanzhong is your teacher's younger brother?”
    Shi Potian shook his head said: “I didn’t know!”
    Min Rou saw the change in the complexion of her husband. She knew that he was trying to suppress his anger and in fact he was really angry.
    She said quickly: “child, to err is human?
    It’s the greatest trait of human to recognize his mistake and try to change it. Whatever happened in the past is now done; it won’t correct the things if you try to hide it. Father and mother both like you lot and will help you to start a new life, you should not conceal anything and should tell everything truthfully.

Shi Potian remembered that once he listened to his father and Bai Wanjian talking in temple of village god.
    He said: “Are you talking about ‘Dragon of wind and fire’ Feng Wanli? I heard you talking to master Bai Wanjian about him but I have not seen him.”
    Shi Qing and Min Rou looked at each other, Shi Qing asked: “Grandpa Bai? His temperament is hot tempered, isn’t?”
    Shi Potian shook his head and said: “I do not know any Grandpa Bai, has not seen him.”
    Shi Qing and Min Rou asked him about the Lingxiao city and Snow mountain sect. Shi Potian unexpectedly did not know anything about it.
    Min Rou said: “senior brother, so he had this sickness since then.”

Shi Qing nodded and kept silent. Both people understood that when he ran away from Snow mountain sect then only he lost his memory. They couldn’t guess the reason maybe excessive fear or some injury but he had forgotten about the past events. He said that he got that high fever in the skyscraping cliff and clan of eternal happiness but the actual illness got him several years ago.”
    Min Rou asked him about his childhood, Shi Potian kept on repeating that over and over again, how he used to go for hunting in the barren hill and caught games, how he used to roam with his dog, but couldn’t tell any thing more about where he actually came from and where he was born. It was already several years and he didn’t remember much.

Shi Qing asked: “Child, This matter is very important, your life and death depends on it. How much Snow mountain sect martial-arts do you know?”
    Shi Potian said in a dull voice: “When I was in the temple of village god, I saw them practicing their sword skill, in my heart I remembered some. They were really angry to me and wanted to kill me? Father, that master Bai Wanjian asserted that I am a snow mountain disciple. He even show a scar on my leg actually of snow mountain sword skill ….!”
    Shi Qing said to his wife: “Younger sister, I will test his sword skill again using Snow mountain sword skill.”
    He drew out his sword and said: “you also use the snow mountain sword skill and don’t conceal anything with your father.”

Min Rou gave her sword to Shi Potian; faintly smiled at him. Shi Qing stabbed at him slowly as soon as Shi Potian lifted his sword to keep him off, which made Shi Potian to use the Snow mountain sword move “north wind gets up suddenly”, his sword move was full of numerous flaws.
    Shi Qing wrinkled his eyebrows, moved his sword to make another move and said: “your move is very good!”
    Shi Potian said: “really!”
    He slanted his sword and made a move from the Golden phoenix sword skill. Obviously it was not Snow Mountain sect’s sword skill but it was attacking at his strategic point.
    Shi Qing quickly changed his move and thought: “this child is really smart, also gave up the idea that he is hiding anything from his, a person facing a crucial moment in fight can not fake his sword skill.”

For each of his move Shi Potian attacked on the strategic point of his body. Shi Qing somehow managed to stay out of trouble. Golden phoenix sect’s sword skill was made to negate the snow mountain sect. Whatever move Shi Qing started Shi Potian naturally had a counter move for it.
    Shi Potian knew that this was just a tactical fight so he was not using any internal energy. If he was using the Golden phoenix sword skill with his full internal energy then Shi Qing was no match for him. Even if he was using his sword skill properly still Shi Qing was no match to him, he could have stabbed his chest in the 11th move, on the 23rd move he spared his head when a horizontal swipe could have easily done the job. On the 28th move, Shi Potian had the opportunity to attack his lower abdomen, his left shoulder and his right leg, all were exposed. Shi Qing looked at his wife, shook his head and stabbed at the lower abdomen of Shi Potian with his sword.

Shi Potian was thrown into confusion, he brandished his sword randomly, suddenly with a loud sound both the sword collided and the sword flew out of the hand of Shi Qing immediately. He felt a blockage in his chest and just couldn’t manage to breathe. Shi Qing drew back immediately about four five steps and couldn’t manage to stand.
    Shi Potian called out: “father! You......You ...how?”
    He dropped out his sword and moved forward to support him. Shi Qing felt dizzy; he stopped breathing hurriedly, waved his hands to stop Shi Potian coming towards him and to move away. Originally Shi Potian and Shi Qing were not competing very violently and also Si Qing had good internal energy but the moment Shi Qing got confused and started to brandish his sword, he sent out the vicious poison with it too.
    Shi Qing understood the reason pretty quickly so he moved away and stopped his breathing, fortunately he didn’t fainted by that poisonous gas and but felt dizziness.

Min Rou really cared about the husband, she went forward to support him, turns her head to Shi Potian and said: “Your father was just testing your martial-arts, why are you so tactless and tried to hurt him?”
    Shi Potian was really terrified, he said: “father, it ......it is not good! You ......You have not been injured?”
    Shi Qing saw him really concerned about him, felt very happy, smiled faintly and took a breath and said : “Younger sister, you cannot blame him, he has really not learnt any Snow mountain sword skill. He was not impolite to me, it’s just that his internal energy is really strong, In martial arts world, there are not many people who can match him.”

Min Rou knew that her husband was a real gentleman and his knowledge in martial-arts was really high. When she heard him praising their son, she cannot help to restrain her smile, said: “but his martial-art is also too unfamiliar, it looks he had learnt something from his father.”
    Shi Qing said with a smile: “you have already taught him in that temple of village god, looks like you instructed your mischievous son really well, even his father is inferior to his loving mother.”
    Min Rou laughed and said: “fine, come lets eat, I am hungry.”

All three people started eating food, Min Rou really enjoyed eating with her family and even made an exception and unexpectedly ate a full bowl.
    After eating the food they arrived at a desolate place within mountains. Shi Qing wanted to instruct Shi Potian about sword skill so he took out his sword and asked him listen and watch. It had been quite some time when Shi Potian was taught by a master.
    Shi Qing was a top martial-art veteran and had comprehensive knowledge of various martial-art skills. As soon as she started to give instruction Shi Potian immediately started to understand. Although Grandma Shi taught him in person but still she was there for a very short period. After teaching 73 moves of Golden phoenix sword skill, she went away even without saying good-bye.
    He didn’t have time to get the detailed directions about various moves from her like Shi Qing. Apart from that the sword skills of Golden phoenix sect were precisely to restraint snow mountain sect sword skill and she taught it him with that mindset. Also Shi Qing didn’t learn anything apart from sword skills from her.

The Shi couple saw him using Snow mountain sect’s sword skill, observed the flaw in his strategic move, they noticed it but kept silent and compared it to the same day when he was sparring with Min Rou in the temple of village god and she taught him some moves. They were exactly same but much quicker. Shi Potian felt some doubts about a move and asked them immediately.

Both of them listened him asking about a very shallow move and didn’t understand. Shi Potian told them that this move was used by Bai Wanjian in their fight on Azure Mist Island. Actually these were the same sets of moves used in training martial-arts which Shi Potian didn’t understood and lost the fight. When they learnt that so called master was so mean spirited and used this stupid move to defeat him, got extremely angry.
    Shi Potian had strong internal energy; he kept on practicing from afternoon to night without any break, not even a slightest fatigue, even after such a long time his face didn’t turned red and was not breathing quickly. Both of them took turns to instruct him some moves and when got tired switched between themselves.
    His ability to learn martial-art was really good and soon he made rapid progress. Both his parents saw his felt extremely proud to him learning so fast.

In these last six seven days, both Si Qing and Min Rou apart from eating and resting always enticed Shi Potian to recount the past events, hoped that it might help him to restore his memory, but Shi Potian was not able to remember anything new. In fact he remembered everything after he escaped from clan of eternal happiness; even the minor details but he had the same information about his childhood and no information about Snow mountain sect and LingXiao city.
    That day in the afternoon, after all three people have eaten meal, they arrived near a willow tree to sit and chat. Min Rou picked up a small branch and wrote on the ground “Black and white clearly demarcated” these four characters and asked: “son, you remember these four characters?”

Shi Potian shook his head and said: “I am not literate.”
    Both of Shi couple were shocked, when as child he left home, Min Rou had taught him, he knew "the three classics", the Tang poems and so on.
    How can he say “I am not literate” these words?
    These “Black and white clearly demarcated” four characters were written on a large plaque in the main hall in Xuan Su Manor, written by a famous elder from martial-arts world. These words and the black and white double sword were their identity in the martial-art world and depicted the reputation of both husband and wife to uphold and to promote justice.
    In the past when their son was four years old, Min Rou hugged him in her bosom and looked at the big plaque and taught him these four characters. Even at that time Shi Potian recognized these letters and the Shi couple approved him to be intelligent.

At this moment she writes these four characters, and hoped that he can recall the past events but saw that unexpectedly he can’t remember something he knew when he was four years old.
    She used the branch to immediately write the “one” character, smiled and asked: “at least you remember this character?”
    Shi Potian said: “I don’t know any characters, nobody ever taught me.”
    Min Rou felt extremely sad and tears rolled in from her eyes.
    Shi Qing said: “Son, don’t worry rest or some time.”
    Shi Potian said yes but actually took the sword and started practicing the sword moves.
    Shi Qing urged to his wife saying: “Younger sister, this illness of our son is really deep, you can’t expect him to remember everything in a day.”
    He also said: “Even if he had forgotten all about the past deeds but actually I see a change in his personality.
    Earlier he was a lot careless and willful however now at this moment he is a little ......a little mixed up in his mind but is actually much steady and calm. He had improved a lot.”

As soon as Min Rou thought about these words of her husband, she in fact felt better and happy. She thought: “what if my son is illiterate? I can again teach him from the start.”
    She remembered how much she has suffered for her child in past years and cannot help but shivered in her heart, although this moment he was already grown up but in her heart, her son was naïve and weak, right now ignorant but still very lovable.
    Shi Qing said: “There are some matters I don’t understand. This child's amnesia started about the time he left the Lingxiao city and Snow mountain sect and afterwards with that high fever his condition deteriorated but still I think something …but …but ......”
    Min Rou listens to her husband to say these words in deep sorrow; she too was unable to restrain her worry and asked: “what have you thought of?”

Shi Qing said: “Our son doesn’t know a single character, his martial-arts is also not extraordinary apart from his strong internal energy, speaking of the position and reputation of clan of eternal happiness his manners or intelligence to hold the position of chief. The clan of eternal happiness has risen in past eight nine years, how could ......”
    Min Rou nodded and said: “How can he become the chief of such a sect?”

Shi Qing hesitated and said: “That day when we met Hero Lu Dong San in Xuzhou, he told us that clan of eternal happiness was created by that person called chief Situ and whatever it looks from outside but ‘bring back dead to life’ Bei Haishi was helping him. He didn’t know what happened that suddenly this young person was made the chief.
    Hero Lu Dong San also said that this youth is really lascivious in nature and is extremely crafty and sly in his affairs, his martial-arts is also really good but nobody actually know his origin.
    Afterwards that female disciple of Snow Mountain sect, Hua Wanzi went to investigate this matter and admitted that she recognized Shi Potian and he is in fact Shi Zhongyu and then Bai Wanjian and rest of Snow mountain disciple visited clan of eternal happiness. At this moment it looked like `handles affairs in martial-arts cunningly ', these character really suited him.”
    Min Rou tightened her eyebrows and said: “although at that time we thought our Yu’er was young but his scheming is really fierce, his martial-arts is really strong and he did all this to get away from Snow mountain sect, but his this appearance ......”

He took a deep breath, waited for a moment and suddenly said: “senior brother, there is certainly some conspiracy. You too thought that ‘bring back dead to life’ Bei Haishi such an astute and competent person why will he assist someone so young......” as she spoke, in her heart she felt afraid and her voice shivered.
    Shi Qing folded his hand behind his back and started pacing around the willow tree, in between he was talking to himself: “clan of eternal happiness has made this young child there chief, for what? For what?”
    By the time he was making fifth round, in his heart he already got knew what is behind all this, he was not able to digest it and felt extremely fearful and actually did not dare to say anything.
    On his seventh round he looked at Min Rou, saw her looking at him. Both people looked at each other and both their eyes betrayed the fear in their hearts.

The couple looked at each other for some time and then simultaneously said: “Command of reward and punishment!”
    Last edited by Abhay; 01-28-09 at 08:14 AM.

Editing: Second Paragraph line 4, its master, not mater.

OT: The Shi couples are really smart ^^.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control