Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1743

Thread: Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2009 《倚天屠龙记》 - Deng Chao, Ady An, Liu Jing

Well, HSDS is very blessed compared to another Ady series I'm watching at the same time (Happiness, Next Stop). I have to wait for only 1 episode every Sunday! At least HSDS is broadcasted 2 episodes everyday. Interestingly, I'm currently much more happier with HNS than HSDS. Recently read the HNS novel and still utterly hooked on the drama. That of course may change when there is more of Ady/ZM in the series.
    I'm also watching Happiness, Next Stop... eps 5 at this very moment. I am loving it more than HSDS too. And also I do not like waitingevery week for it to come out, I'm just not patient enough.

I am wondering if it will be weird watching two Ady An series simultaneously where she plays such different characters. Mu Cheng and Zhao Min are so different. But I have to say Ady does both the roles well. I think a lot of people were doubtful of her Zhao Min because of her usual weak demure roles, but I think she is going to impress and has potential to be the best ZM so far. But she has to follow up on some pretty decent ZMs. I really liked Kitty Lai and Gigi Lai's portrayals. Kitty gave and youthful innocent vibe that none of the others have been able to capture.

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    I would have never thought he would have such a great on-screen presence and so charming. And he dubbed his voice himself right? He has such a soothing voice too. This is the first time I ever see Deng Chao, and now I understand what had his fans been talking about. I could totally see how all the women falls for this ZWJ. I think Deng Chao's ZWJ is really on the top there, on par with Tony Leung.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysnow
    I'm really liking Deng Chao's portrayal of ZWJ. He may not be the best-looking ZWJ but his ZWJ has somewhat of a genuine kindness and earnestness in him. DC's acting is very natural and he actually seems very at ease and manages to exude chemistry with almost all of the 4 female leads (with the exception of ZZR for now). I really like the way he speaks- clear articulation with the right amount of emotions for the right scenes. Plus, he actually looks quite good in certain fight scenes.
    I'm on the DC-fan boat right now too... just goes to show you can't judge from the stills... in which I was continually disappointed with how DC looked as ZWJ!

In my eyes he's the ZWJ already with the most leadership and dignity- goodness knows I've been in love with Tony Leung's ZWJ for 20 years, but where TL was sweet and somehow the accidental hero, DC is much more steely yet gentle, warm yet less vulnerable, and absolutely has arresting masculine charm... you can see why all the girls are just tumbling one after the other in love with him!

It is quite a new take on the character I have to say... although DC's ZWJ is a reluctant leader, he isn't indecisive, he makes up his mind but is simply very kind-hearted and willing to sacrifice his view for the "good of the many". There's nothing back-and-forth about how he feels about it.

This all adds to how cool ZWJ is... when he stood up for the Ming sect members that Mijue was going to slaughter, or as he walks around the Ming sect camp giving out more food, covering a soldier with a blanket you really get to see why his people LOVE him so!

I also see sparks flying with Zhu'er and Xiao Zhao... although in the case of Zhu'er I really get the sense that there's more of a cousin feel to it... even when she's touching his face or carrying him- she really is a sweet-heart to ZWJ, and DC's ZWJ is well aware of how good she is to him. (My guess is that this is deliberate- back in the old days, cousins who didn't share the same surname were considered to be 'less' related and there wasn't anything incestuous about a relationship between such, but today that perception has probably changed, so my guess is that the scriptwriters and directors were aware that they wanted to keep this relationship away from the romantic grounds)
    More on Zhu'er and Xiao Zhao later, but just to say DC is doing a great job all around, and yes I love his voice... I agree SS, his clear diction definitely makes him sound very smart, educated and gentle yet powerful.
    More, more, more!

(And I can't WAIT to see this steady, charming ZWJ get into flustered, uncertain ground when he goes head-to-head with ZM... already the Liu manor has ZWJ's question about the origin of the yitian sword get turned around and ends up with him being queried about ZZR's youth and beauty... plus at Wudang, several times ZM almost has ZWJ all worked up, while she keeps her cool. )

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Well, HSDS is very blessed compared to another Ady series I'm watching at the same time (Happiness, Next Stop). I have to wait for only 1 episode every Sunday! At least HSDS is broadcasted 2 episodes everyday. Interestingly, I'm currently much more happier with HNS than HSDS. Recently read the HNS novel and still utterly hooked on the drama. That of course may change when there is more of Ady/ZM in the series.
    i completely agree! its maddening waiting a whole week for a new episode to come out. have you seen episode five yet? it looks really good from the previews!
    you read the next stop happiness novel?? how is it? did it give away the ending?? where did you get it? i want one!

Does anyone know the name of this song?

I heard it first in 大唐游侠传 and now again in this series:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/67813348001c0a9f/

~~~~~~~

Also, I'm glad ppl are starting to get on the Deng Chao bandwagon! He's definitely a phenomenal actor. And the fact that he wanted to dub his own voice goes to show his professionalism and demand for perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    The only part I wasn't very impressed with was the overly long and dramatic scene of ZWJ hoisting a spinning ZM in air, applying pressure on her feet and forcing her to give in to him.
    The feet tickling part was weird. ZWJ placed ZM in a very awkward position. Too fancy for my liking. But I liked when ZM faked death. Cute.

Talking

I thought there was more talking/confronting than fighting at the Brightness Peak. Well, I assumed they were confronting each other because I didn't know what they were saying

XZ is really pretty and cute, she has a sweet chemistry with ZWJ too. I kind of like DC's ZWJ now, but same with Yanfeng, Tony Leung was still the best

I thought the fight between ZWJ & ZM were pretty too, it almost looked like there were dancing when ZWJ was holding ZM while she was flying around, her feet lightly touched the ground.

Does anyone noticed that Ady's ZM every now and then would look at her fingernails/hand?
    Did anyone noticed that her toe nails were purple when ZWJ tickled her feet? . The tickling scene was a little too long, and as soon that she was pulled down to the ground, she stop crying/laughing very quickly.

I hope they would show a quick scene where ZWJ pulled her down to the dungeon trap too rather than ZWJ fell down and she fall down too.

I concur with Sunny about Ady's ZM at the Wudang scene. She had this awesome coolness and arrogrant vibe in her. She also looks so beautiful in male disguise clothes. It make her eyes even bigger than ever.

http://news.163.com/09/1101/08/5N15NUND000120GR.html

Bah, poor HSDS gets some negative press- everything from the weird editing out of the words "Shaolin", how ZWJ first appears, to the first graphic of the birds (which I _do_ agree is quite fake and distracted from what was a lovely scene by itself!), to plot loopholes (here I'm not getting it)... apparently ZJZ confessed that he hasn't seen the final product yet!

Yikes!

I think it's probably true that ZJZ has been too busy to supervise the final touches to HSDS, though I think
    1) Even so, they didn't have to rush it out without even any pre-release advertising! They could have given themselves more time to finish off the edits, dubbing etc. nicely and also at least had some sort of reporter attended announcement first! Sigh...
    2) I still think it's a pretty awesome quality production- with DC and rest of cast's strong acting, beautiful, beautiful cinematography, obviously a great story line... I wish they would focus on some of the things the series gets really RIGHT too!

I really want this to get a good reception! Hmm... would someone post here when the series comes available on yesasia or something? I'd support it by buying the DVD... not to mention, the scenery deserves a rewatch in HD!

ZJZ is pretty notorious for releasing badly edited and rushed products that could have been masterpieces if done with proper professional care. Perhaps he's under contractual pressure of tv release dates and programming schedules?
    All I can say is he has a bunch of editors who are rubbish and they have been with him since his XAJH days.

Only BXJ and Da Tang escaped this bad practice and only because they were not "hyped". And Da Tang is almost perfect in terms of editing.

You notice he recycled the XAJH flute piece in every of his other wuxia serials?
    Last edited by Surferket; 11-01-09 at 06:30 PM.

by everyone's posts, this series seems like it could have potential, but the weird editing is going to ruin some of it.
    so overall is this a series to watch?
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

Quote Originally Posted by snowyjasmine View Post
    by everyone's posts, this series seems like it could have potential, but the weird editing is going to ruin some of it.
    so overall is this a series to watch?
    I couldn't resist and decided to watch it first and re-watch it later in HD with the DVDs

Despite it's flaws, I think this is a must watch. Some purists might be upset at the butchering of the story, but that's to be expected. While to those not familiar with this story, I think the actors and the AMAZING scenery will be more than enough to please you.

~~~~~~~

Btw, what do you people think of the lack of interaction between ZZR and ZWJ before the Guang Ming Peak battle?

In previous versions, they make it evident that ZZR starts to fall for him during that time and so when she stabs him, there's a greater conflict and you feel sorry for her.

But in this version, that lack of build-up makes that scene less powerful.

I wonder if that was the intention?

~~~~~~~

I also wanted to add that in this version, Song Qing Shu doesn't have many scenes to show how much of a bastard he is. Though he does have that smug look
    Last edited by j2j2j2; 11-02-09 at 02:05 AM.

goddamn, they cut out my fav part when Zwj fought agaist the Obverse and Reverse Liangyi sword formation using a branch of plum flower.
    Also I want to see Zsfeng coldly crushing the skull of the fake Shaolin monk in a single palm stance instead of him shoving the monk into the abyss with an unimpressive sleeve waving.
    The part at the Green willow manor was well-done in general but the scene when Zwj tortured Zm was a little over the top to my liking. He tickled her by transferring internal energy through an acupoint on the sole of her foot, so there was no need to lift her in the air and dance around in kinky balletic positions.
    anyway, despite some letdowns such as the bloody annoying kid Zwj and the ones i mentioned above this series is still worth watching. It has the best grown Zwj and the 2nd best Zm i've seen.

Does anyone know the filming location (actual name) for 綠柳山莊/Green Willow Manor?

anyone know the name of the intro song and if a could get it in mp3 format?
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    ZM was bashful for a split second but she didn't need her men to actually wake her up from her dream and remind her of their mission which I thought completely demeaned her authority and ability.
    Which is a very crucial factor in ZM as a character of strength or weakness. She was reacting in a feminine and human way to the comment, but to be able pull back instantaneously to regain charge of the circumstances is mature beyond her age. She knows how to keep in control despite the odds against her...good mental strength there.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi6
    I am wondering if it will be weird watching two Ady An series simultaneously where she plays such different characters. Mu Cheng and Zhao Min are so different. But I have to say Ady does both the roles well. I think a lot of people were doubtful of her Zhao Min because of her usual weak demure roles, but I think she is going to impress and has potential to be the best ZM so far.
    Yeah, I was doing that this morning. 2 screens up, watching one while the other uploads, switching back and forth between ZM and MC...weird. I love the sinister air that Ady imbues into her ZM, I've been waiting for that kind of portrayal for ages. Yip Tong came close, but her portrayal didn't hit the edge of 'sinister' in my books, probably intellectual but not sinister. I was never doubtful of her ZM. Even though Ady plays a lot of demure roles, backstage, she is quite an extrovert. She even describes herself as a 'tomboy', a 'toughie'...certainly good foundations for ZM.

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2
    Also, I'm glad ppl are starting to get on the Deng Chao bandwagon! He's definitely a phenomenal actor.
    I was always on his 'bandwagon'. Admired him ever since his portrayal in Young Justice Bao.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    All I can say is he has a bunch of editors who are rubbish and they have been with him since his XAJH days.

You notice he recycled the XAJH flute piece in every of his other wuxia serials?
    I've always noticed the poor post-production. There's even a part in episode 19 where all it could've taken is 2-5 slow frames to create a smoother and greater impact for the ZM arrow shooting scene. No finesse and attention to detail at all!

Recycling is OK if it is done in a very sutbtle, ingenious way. Pixar does it well...lets say that ZJZ's production crew don't do it as well as Pixar.

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password
    Also I want to see Zsfeng coldly crushing the skull of the fake Shaolin monk in a single palm stance instead of him shoving the monk into the abyss with an unimpressive sleeve waving.
    The part at the Green willow manor was well-done in general but the scene when Zwj tortured Zm was a little over the top to my liking. He tickled her by transferring internal energy through an acupoint on the sole of her foot, so there was no need to lift her in the air and dance around in kinky balletic positions.
    anyway, despite some letdowns such as the bloody annoying kid Zwj and the ones i mentioned above this series is still worth watching. It has the best grown Zwj and the 2nd best Zm i've seen.
    I just have to say, we are completely on the same mental wavelength.

Hehehe..."kinky balletic positions", they were rather contortionist to me, but I like your description more. I was wincing through the whole ordeal, no wonder Ady had a sore back during and after the scenes.

So who's your no. 1 ZM?

ChineseChik525 & Haruhi6, because it is off-topic (also for anyone else interested in Ady's 'Happiness, Next Stop'):

click to show/hide spoilers
    Someone has scanned the 'Happiness, Next Stop' novel online.

http://hi.baidu.com/four0105/album

I'm awaiting my copy to arrive in the post, but I've also read it online too. It's not a spectacular piece of writing, but beautiful in its simplicity. Don't expect it to be a novel in its own right. I suspect, from the content and way it was written, the novel is nothing but the drama script with a few POV embelishments. I feel the only reason there are differences in the novel is because they didn't want to give too much away for the drama. Don't mistake the drama as novel-based, I'd say this time, the novel is drama-based. I actually find more depth in the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by yin_shen_quan View Post
    Does anyone know the filming location (actual name) for 綠柳山莊/Green Willow Manor?
    One of the sites at Mt Wudang called "Xiao Yao Gu" (Xiaoyao Valley). The props and pavilions in the scene however, were specially built by the crew for filming purposes.
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=662781086
    http://www.xici.net/b1065955/d80527546.htm
    The scene where Zhu'er carried ZWJ to escape from MJST was also filmed there

Quote Originally Posted by Allen D View Post
    anyone know the name of the intro song and if a could get it in mp3 format?
    "华夏英雄" (Hua Xia Ying Xiong)
    http://www.2yam.net/free/2009110251831437.mp3

Ending theme- 红尘恋歌 (Hong Chen Lian Ge)
    http://www.222242.com/1/mp3/ythcng.mp3
    The ending song's actually quite nice but I think Ady's voice spoils it. Her voice's not suitable for such a "traditional" like song.
    Here's the original instrumental tune without singing: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/L8bQGNvE49E/
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 11-02-09 at 09:03 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Massive LOL at 僧人派. It's weird all previous series used Shaolin. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Massive LOL at 僧人派. It's weird all previous series used Shaolin. Sigh...
    僧人派 is not as ridiculous as 他们派! What the heck is "their sect"?? The censorship board's simply unbelievable. This is probably the thing which irks me most about the new adaptation.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    So who's your no. 1 ZM?
    Objectively, I think Zhang min's portrayal of Zm in the Evil Cult is the best. Zhang had fairly limited on-screen time but her Zm was remarkably well-acted.
    http://www.56.com/u88/v_NDcwNzczNDk.html
    Not sure if An yixuan has ever watched the Evil Cult but I find her Zm bears some resemblance to Zhang min's in that both have a mixed aura of threat, arrogance and command that the other Zm's lack. Having said that, the Zm that I like the most however is Jia jingwen's who is uniquely cute. Yeah, i'm superficial here, but who cares? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    It is quite a new take on the character I have to say... although DC's ZWJ is a reluctant leader, he isn't indecisive, he makes up his mind but is simply very kind-hearted and willing to sacrifice his view for the "good of the many". There's nothing back-and-forth about how he feels about it.
    I agree. DC's ZWJ is hardly indecisive, weak or wishy-washy. In fact, he seems very sturdy and collected as compared to the past ZWJs.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    (And I can't WAIT to see this steady, charming ZWJ get into flustered, uncertain ground when he goes head-to-head with ZM... already the Liu manor has ZWJ's question about the origin of the yitian sword get turned around and ends up with him being queried about ZZR's youth and beauty... plus at Wudang, several times ZM almost has ZWJ all worked up, while she keeps her cool. )
    Actually out of all the ZWJs i've seen, DC's is probably the most level-headed and least swayed by a woman's beauty. The past adaptations all had ZWJ very mesmerized when he first set eyes on the adult ZZR, ZM (in female outfit) and Xiao Zhao (without her ugly disguise). ZWJ hardly seems smitten with ZZR in this version and although ZM still manages to climb over his head, he's still pretty firm and rather resistant to her charm and little tricks in the Lu Liu Manor and dungeon scenes, whereas most of the past ZMs completely had the upper hand when dealing with ZWJ in the same scenes.

Wise Fool

Talking

Does anyone see any spark/chemistry between ZM & ZWJ yet? Or it's too early to tell? I can see the sparks with ZWJ & XZ & SE, but I can't tell on ZM part