Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1743

Thread: Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2009 《倚天屠龙记》 - Deng Chao, Ady An, Liu Jing

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    DC's ZWJ is a _tad_ too strong for me right now! His confident acknowledgements of Ming sect forces cheering, his noting that his commander Zhu is a sly, ruthless person to watch for... where is the touch of helplessness and generous streak of innocence that I love about ZWJ?!
    I think Tony Leung's version was the most accurate. He had the right amount of playfulness and naivete mixed in with seriousness.

While Alec Su's was way too naive and helpless that he annoyed me throughout the entire series.

Lawrence Ng's version was decent for me but he just looked too old

One thing I really like about the DC version is they show his leadership abilities, like in Episode 22 where he's giving that inspiring speech to his troops.

Quote Originally Posted by yin_shen_quan View Post
    I hope it's just my computer, but the streaming is rather broken...instead of video I'm getting a series of slow images refreshing every second. Tudou seems to be better

Ep 23: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/iF9O9luR99I/
    Ep 24: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/2BqX2au3_N0/
    Thanks yin_shen_quan!

And if anyone else is having choppy streaming, go to http://www.flvcd.com/ and put in the Tudou url into the box. It will then find the download link. Right-click and save.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    I think ZM is showing some interest in ZWJ by ep 23, but ZWJ on other hand pretty ignore it or doesn't know???
    Haha Yeah, I think you can start to see ZM being curious towards ZWJ, like the scene where she sees Xiao Zhao with the hair pin and also when ZWJ throws the box she gave him to protect ZZR.

But ZWJ still seems clueless at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    I wonder how I would feel if they made XZ the person ZWJ loves the most somehow, but couldn't be together with.

On the other hand, it _would_ be novel, and I'm all for trying out new angles and new dynamics-even if it's currently making me feel a pinch of angst for ZM.
    That would be an interesting re-interpretation. And if they ever did do it, I would like to see this series from a different angle. Like instead of ZWJ as the main hero, it's Xiao Zhao as the heroine and we get to see her childhood and how she helps this guy learn a powerful kung fu and helps him become leader of the Ming Sect

Also along the way she has to deal with these other women who are trying to get his attention...

And if Dicky's 2000 Duke of Mount Deer showed us anything, it's that any Jin Yong series can be completely remade!

(Likewise, the Singapore version of RoCH showed us that you need to remake with care).

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi6
    I was a little disappointed by the ZWJ and ZM conversation over wine. I wish Deng Chao was a bit more expressive in that scene. He was sort of very blank/poker faced there. Yea and all other versions have shown that his attraction the ZM by now, this one he doesn't even seem to like her much... being weary of her is one thing, being cold is another.
    I was so captivated by Ady's performance here I hardly noticed ZWJ. ZM had me on the edge of the seat throughout the whole conversation. I love how it is all about calculation at the moment. Sizing up the enemy...when will he trip? I love the evil!

DC was kind of poker, but I think it introduced a different quality to his thoughts on 'revenge'. I didn't like Alec's 'sob' story in convincing ZM on what he thought on revenge. DC said it like it was: a tragedy. While ZM was adamant on killing left, right, and center, we have this crystal clear belief from ZWJ about the tragedy of it all. Most of all, to the culprit. ZM has never killed herself, but ZWJ has lived with a killer. I think ZWJ's serious, no nonsense account of what it means to kill worked like a splash of cold water on ZM.

I find it rather hypocritical of ZWJ though, because when he believes that ZM killed Zhu'er, he was quite willing to wring her neck in revenge.

I thought it was kind of funny when she clapped her hands and nothing happened, and she was like what's going on for a second.
    I thought that scene funny too. So used to people at her beck and call with her personal cues. Her slam on the table made everyone jump though. I even thought ZWJ was slightly shocked at that.

When Deng Chao said it, it felt a bit odd as it didn't seem to be as in character with his ZWJ. His ZWJ seems to be peace loving, but not naive like that.
    Despite what I said earlier about DC's portrayal, I agree with this. When ZWJ says he wishes everyone were friends, I felt he was a bit too deadpan for this. It almost gave the effect of: "Yes, I wish everyone would be friends...but if they all died the next day, I couldn't care less either".

I really appreciated how they made it clear this time that ZM badgered ZWJ to go away with her because she obviously wanted to prevent ZWJ to lead Ming against Mongols. In the past, it always seemed like an excuse to be with him, like a girly girlfriend date. By keeping ZWJ away, she has effectively taken away the rebel troops' inspirational leader, leaving leaderless Ming to fight her seasoned warrior father. How ingenious is that? ZM's only gamble was that she went herself to ensure ZWJ goes...unfortunately, she didn't exactly come out unscathed. Alas, the folly of human emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyChrono
    Devilish good looks and great acting thus far. Previously I had like Alyssa in 03' because she was just ridiculously beautiful and also Cecilia Yip from 94' because of her acting prowess. Ady's the first ZM to wield both though, and I can't wait until the heavier scenes come later so she can really shine.
    Ditto, except the Alyssa part. I don't understand why everyone thought HSDS03 was such a eye-candy fest. Alyssa was very beautiful in the Swordsman III, I might give her Fei Long Zai Tian too, and uber cute in other series, but never "ridiculously beautiful" to me as ZM. The only truly beautiful ZM so far is certainly Ady, maybe closely followed by Zhang Min and then Kitty Lai. But then, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', and my eye is weirder than some.

Quote Originally Posted by loislane
    I also wish they show interests in each other already by now. I hope they show their feelings to each other already on the scene where ZM bite ZWJ's arm, or else.... dunno XD
    I wish otherwise. I'm the devil's advocate here: I love the tension at the moment. I actually don't look forward to ZWJ and ZM being full blown romantic. I know it's going to happen based on the stills, but, I think I will sorely miss the arrogant, wicked ZM.

In a way, this is very important to the story. In the past, or actually in the novel, I think we lack a good solid development between ZM and ZWJ (then again Jin Yong doesn't necessarily write for emotional or character development). When ZM inevitably gives up status, family, and country for ZWJ, it will be ever the more conflicting and tragic a decision, because of what she had. Some people of criticized ZM's ultimate decision as impulsively throwing everything away for love. I think not. She made one of the greatest serious, premeditated sacrifices, and ZWJ should well value it!

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2
    I think Tony Leung's version was the most accurate. He had the right amount of playfulness and naivete mixed in with seriousness.

While Alec Su's was way too naive and helpless that he annoyed me throughout the entire series.

Lawrence Ng's version was decent for me but he just looked too old

One thing I really like about the DC version is they show his leadership abilities, like in Episode 22 where he's giving that inspiring speech to his troops.
    You forgot Steven Ma Jing Tao as ZWJ. His portrayal was generally over-the-top and pathetic. But, because of the obvious changes (which I actually liked), he showed he loved ZM back so much that it was really undenidable how he felt in the end. In terms of the resolution to the 'murder mystery' in HSDS, I think HSDS94 had the best resolution of them all. The resolution from the novel was just crappy and near illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    The only truly beautiful ZM so far is certainly Ady, maybe closely followed by Zhang Min and then Kitty Lai. But then, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', and my eye is weirder than some.
    Totally agree! These 3 are my fave ZM-s! Ady is probably #1 now in my list. With Zhang Min and Kitty Lai as #2.

Btw, I don't understand Chinese, in Ep23, can anyone tell me what made ZM had tears in her eyes, while talking to Wuji at the inn? I don't remember ZM suppose to be in tears a bit, in the novel during this scene.

In terms of the resolution to the 'murder mystery' in HSDS, I think HSDS94 had the best resolution of them all. The resolution from the novel was just crappy and near illogical.
    How was the resolution in HSDS94? Do you care to elaborate? I don't remember anymore now. I really hated Ma Jing Tao's portrayal as ZWJ and the draggy storyline didn't help, either, so I don't think I have any memory left abt this adaptation, other than the fact that it has The Best Yang Xiao.
    Last edited by loislane; 11-04-09 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loislane
    Btw, I don't understand Chinese, in Ep23, can anyone tell me what made ZM had tears in her eyes, while talking to Wuji at the inn? I don't remember ZM suppose to be in tears a bit, in the novel during this scene.

How was the resolution in HSDS94? Do you care to elaborate? I don't remember anymore now. I really hated Ma Jing Tao's portrayal as ZWJ and the draggy storyline didn't help, either, so I don't think I have any memory left abt this adaptation, other than the fact that it has The Best Yang Xiao.
    ZM was in tears because of the realization that she and ZWJ will be on opposite sides of the war, namely, enemies. ZWJ is idealistic and believes everyone can still be friends. I find this quite silly considering he is agreeing to take part in the rebellion. I think ZM is being the realistic one here, and she is sad about it.

HSDS94 Resolution

click to show/hide spoilers

Crime: ZZR poisons the eyeballs off everyone, steals HSDS, and kills Zhu'er because she wakes up enough to be witness. Zhu'er is further scarred on the face because ZZR thinks it a nice touch to blame ZM for everything. ZZR also ships ZM off the island to set up the situation to align with her intentions.

Resolution:

Part A

Ming happens to capture ZM and bring her to their headquarters.

ZZR + ZM = Mega cat fight

Zhu'er is discovered alive and unscarred (what?), yet she has become slightly insane and suffers selective memory loss. ZZR is edgy of being found out, ZM is edgy among enemies and spitting mad at ZZR, the whole Ming are edgy, ZWJ is just plain confused.

YX and FY re-create the scene of the crime at night, and bring Zhu'er to observe. The re-enactment triggers Zhu'er's memory and she shouts:

"ZZR you are so despicable, ZM run!"

YX and FY both agree that this more a less confirms that ZZR is the culprit. YX feels it would be wrong for ZWJ and ZM to be together, because they are national enemies, and it wouldn't be good for the troops to know their leader marries the enemy. It is also quite clear from YX's typically jealous nature that he also hates ZM because she doesn't defer to him and is very well more intelligent than him, and of course, if ZWJ ever married her, she would be of more influence than him, as YX is well aware that the dummy ZWJ is in love with her. ZZR maybe evil, but I guess YX thinks he can control her better. I personally found YX to be quite manipulative in HSDS94.

YX convinces FY to lure ZM into a trap, where she is convinced that if she holds a dagger to threaten Zhu'er's life, it would trigger her to remember her memories. ZM of course suspects, but she absolutely trusts her previous master (I feel sad for ZM, that the first man she truly is willing to trust and make herself vulnerable too, betrays her the very worst way). The inevitable happens, they drag in the inept ZWJ to observe ZM trying to 'kill' Zhu'er. ZM is willing to die, FY has a last moment of remorse and tries to beg for ZM's life, ZWJ thankfully doesn't kill her. FY explains to ZM that he had no choice, because ZM is Mongolian and the enemy. What a wuss!
    Part B
    ZWJ bumps into ZZR right before the attempt to rescue XX. ZZR wants to rip his guts out because he jilted her at the altar. ZWJ is willing because he is remorseful, YX thinks that's bad so decides to blurt out the truth about ZZR, so ZWJ doesn't brainlessly throw his life away for the culprit. ZWJ gets all hurty and disappointly because he realises he tried to protect a "lying snake".

After healing himself, ZWJ for once gets all manly agro at YX for keeping the truth from him. YX indignantly tries to object that he was "doing it for the good of Ming". I like ZWJ's come back: "If you are going to keep things from me, and not respect me as the leader, I might as well step down from the Ming leadership". So, YX being understandably afraid of losing his puppet leader, gets all apologetic and suitably subserviant.

ZWJ finds his godfather, the first things his godfather asks if where ZM is. That she is innocent, that ZZR is the culprit, and that he instructed ZM to go and prevent the wedding with a lock of his hair as proof of his word.

Side note: before ZWJ and ZZR's near wedding, ZM had found XX. XX had willingly allowed XX to kill her if he truly believed she was the culprit. Her complete lack of self protection and probably other cues XX picked up in his sightless wisdom, convinced XX that ZM was innocent.

And so, ZWJ gets all twisty inside that he has wronged the woman he loves, because he more or less confesses this to ZM straight after these events. She twists all the hurtful words back on him (I can almost recite them verbatim, but I won't, can't be too nerdy), in her rejection of him (he was horrifically hurtful earlier on, even allowing her to be nearly raped by soldiers because he didn't want anything to do with her...any man to stand by and do nothing in that kind of situation , whether or not it's the woman you love, is plain despicable).
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 11-04-09 at 09:43 AM.

Red face

Wow, thank you so much for the elaboration, NuDaFu . I didn't know HSDS 94 had so much details and drama in it . I guess some of us overlooked that version

So far I've been eyeing on ZM only, ZWJ for the last few scenes were so bland and dull. It seemed like they want to focus on the XZ-ZWJ relationship more or something. ZM looks so cute when she put her hand on her ear, asking ZWJ to repeat what he said when they were watching the Emei ladies talking. I'm starting to hate ZWJ already. There's a smart and beautiful girl interested in him and he's totally ignoring it.

Thanks alot, NuDaFu! It finally refreshed my memory. Yeah...well, the dramatization ala Qiong Yao novels in HSDS94 was totally not my cup of tea^^;;

Ep 25: http://www.56.com/u51/v_NDc0Njg0NzI.html

At this rate, it'll all be over in a week from today...can you believe it? =(

I wish otherwise. I'm the devil's advocate here: I love the tension at the moment. I actually don't look forward to ZWJ and ZM being full blown romantic. I know it's going to happen based on the stills, but, I think I will sorely miss the arrogant, wicked ZM.
    I know what you mean. This reminds me of Da Tang You Xia Zhuan. In it, He Zhuo Yan (Xiao Zhoa in this series) was initilaly really cute and lively. But once she falls in love with the main character, she becomes so boring and lovesick.

So I also like this tension that's slowly building up

You forgot Steven Ma Jing Tao as ZWJ...
    Oh, I never saw that version because I heard it was really bad. But after your description I'm somewhat tempted.

But in this version does

click to show/hide spoilers
    Zhao Ming die? Or am I thinking of a different version?

So far I've been eyeing on ZM only, ZWJ for the last few scenes were so bland and dull. It seemed like they want to focus on the XZ-ZWJ relationship more or something. ZM looks so cute when she put her hand on her ear, asking ZWJ to repeat what he said when they were watching the Emei ladies talking. I'm starting to hate ZWJ already. There's a smart and beautiful girl interested in him and he's totally ignoring it.
    Haha Yeah, ZWJ does seem more playful around XZ, like in episode 24 where he sneaks up from behind and scares her. But I guess that's to make it seem like he's more comfortable around her in a brother/sister kind of way?

While with ZM he's more self-conscious.

The one thing though is that I don't see how ZZR is "in love" with ZWJ. So that whole island scene might come off more like ZZR wants revenge on ZM rather than her doing it to get ZWJ.

Quote Originally Posted by yin_shen_quan View Post
    Ep 25: http://www.56.com/u51/v_NDc0Njg0NzI.html

At this rate, it'll all be over in a week from today...can you believe it? =(
    I know! That's ok though, once I get the DVDs I'll watch it again in HD on my big screen TV

~~~~~~~

Ok, one thing that seriously bothers me is when ZWJ uses the sword to cut Xiao Zhao's chains. All he did was cut the chain, but not the cuffs.

In fact, in all the previous versions that I remember, they just cut the chain! But how are they going to get the cuffs of???

Is it explained better in the book?
    Last edited by j2j2j2; 11-04-09 at 12:33 PM.

Unhappy

Thank you so much yin_shen_quan

The bitting scene, it take ZWJ such a long, long time to bite ZM hand, and when he was about to bite her back, XZ came in. I don't like like ZWJ got really upset after he know ZM put on other potion on his hand, he splash water on ZM's face

The chemistry is slowwwwwwwwwly picking up, seem like ZWJ haven't trust ZM yet, poor girl, she's trying so hard
    Last edited by TiffTiff; 11-04-09 at 01:06 PM.

MiNgFeIwAlEx

Talking

Thank you Mingfeiwalex

From ep 26 has a cat fight with ZM & ZZR. ZZR is really petty and jealous, she saw that ZM is injured and went over to attack her, luckily ZWJ stop her just in time. So the 2 girls were throwing hay at each other, with ZWJ in the middle trying to stop them. I thought that was silly

The fighting scene with the 3 persian people were cool Just wish they had better outfits though

Oh yeah, toward the end of ep 26 has the scene where ZWJ had a dream of marrying all 4 ladies. All of the ladies were twirling around in their red wedding outfits and of course, ZM bite ZWJ hand then laugh
    Last edited by TiffTiff; 11-04-09 at 02:51 PM.

From ep 26 has a cat fight with ZM & ZZR. ZZR is really petty and jealous, she saw that ZM is injured and went over to attack her, luckily ZWJ stop her just in time. So the 2 girls were throwing hay at each other, with ZWJ in the middle trying to stop them. I thought that was silly

Oh yeah, toward the end of ep 26 has the scene where ZWJ had a dream of marrying all 4 ladies.
    The cat fight scene was silly and a bit too long. XX sure got a kick out of it, didn't he? I think Zhu'er looked nice in the wedding, more so than the other three gals.

Ep26,

Zhao Min did a blooper. She was injured on her right shoulder when she helped Zhang Wuji fought the Persian emissaries. But once they arrived at the Persian Ming Cult's camp, Zhao Min was holding her left shoulder instead.
    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

to be honest imo I think the actress playing as Zhuer (Zhangmeng 张檬) is prettier than the other three. Just my own preference though although noone of them are ugly by any means. I just feel like Zhuer stood out more than the others in acting.
    MiNgFeIwAlEx

I'm glad ZWJ-ZM has started to treat each other like friends by ep25

I just feel like Zhuer stood out more than the others in acting.
    I think Ady, He Zhuo Yan and Zhang Meng are equally good (in acting). As for Liu Jing, I don't know, I don't like her "good ZZR" portrayal so far, but from trailers seem like she looks good as "evil ZZR", so I'm looking forward to that. For me, Sheren Tang is still the best ZZR.

The bitting scene, it take ZWJ such a long, long time to bite ZM hand, and when he was about to bite her back, XZ came in. I don't like like ZWJ got really upset after he know ZM put on other potion on his hand, he splash water on ZM's face
    I didn't think ZWJ was upset for serious, it was like being upset to a friend. Actually I liked that part, I find their banter funny and couply^^

ZM-ZZR cat fight was funny at the beginning, but yeah I agree, it got a bit too long and it looked ridiculous at the end.

Just finish ep26, is it just me or does there seem to be more sparks between ZM and ZWJ now?
    I thought the part when they were on the boat, ZM biting ZWJ, and the part when ZWJ cares for ZM when she was hurt kind of shows that he is starting to have romantic feelings for her. Well, at least he seems like he let his guards down a little bit more at those times.
    I agree, I like ZM, zhuer, and XZ's acting thus far but not so impressed with ZZR yet. Maybe she'll get better later on when she's evil.
    As for who is better in terms of acting among the four girls, I would say there's competition between ZM and zhuer for now.
    I absolutely love this ZM and I feel like this is one of the best zhuer's out of all the adaptions.

http://www.onefy.com/movie/5191.html

the whole episodes are being uploaded here (for now up to 32 episode)

hope anyone could reupload in 56 site, or baidu .

Thank you so much ilsunjo, but somehow I can't watch it, I clicked on the number of episode, but it can't load or something

looking forward to hsds. it seems that so many girls are raving about ady's performance, which i totally want to see. however, it seems that guys are less impressed with her. in another forum, one guy even said that ady made zm look like spoiled princess who's out to have fun instead of strategizing for her country. are there other guys on this forum who feel that she is doing an amazing job except for andychronos?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Another guy in another forum I know said Ady is the most NOT-pretty one among the 4 girls. Hmm...