Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1743

Thread: Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2009 《倚天屠龙记》 - Deng Chao, Ady An, Liu Jing

wow. thats really...extravagant for a DVD case.

So pretty... Sort of like a mini photobook by itself.

This new Chang Buchi looks ugly and bad looking. I like the women actresses. Is this worth a buy?

Wow, such a nice DVD set. I want one too. All the cast look great on the case, seems like HSDS2009 is really making it big hit so far. Does anyone know if the actual DVD set have the uncut scenes like the one where ZM hides from ZWJ after seeing him and ZZR and the part near the end at Mt. Wudang with the doves. I really wanted to see those scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    Anybody have a mp3 version of the opening song...
    It's been posted already. Keep scanning backwards and you will find it.

Bluemax Singapore has this in store. SG$15 for a 4-DVD set. I couldn't resist and bought it...kekeke...
    Forgot to mention this is not the complete set only Part 1,

Front cover

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5099/ittlj09.jpg')

Back cover

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4179/ittlj09back.jpg')
    Last edited by Surferket; 11-16-09 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Bluemax Singapore has this in store. SG$15 for a 4-DVD set. I couldn't resist and bought it...kekeke...

Front cover

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5099/ittlj09.jpg')

Back cover

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4179/ittlj09back.jpg')
    OMG the front and back cover is so nice but I think Liu shi shi's part kinda of looks weird to the overall front cover but I like how the other characters looked on the front and back cover. =o and its only part 1, so there's different covers??

I kind of think it's sad that they included Liu Shi Shi on the cover instead of Zhu'er. Liu Shi Shi's role really small in HSDS and did not deserve to be on the cover... there were so many roles that were a bigger part of the story, like Yin Susu and Zhang Cui Shan, Mei Jue, a lot of the Ming group, etc... From looking at the cover/ the size of the pic I would have though Liu Shi Shi had some major role in the series.

I was happy though that the themesong had most of the cast in it in HSDS. It included all the leads. I was so surprised when I had seen the ROCH opening and all it had was Yang Guo (HXM) and Xiao Long Nu (LYF) plus like a few random clips of like 3 other people, one being Zhang Zhi Zong himself (I was like seriously? That character is tiny... and he gets a shot in the song when almost no one else does). - Random babble but the situation reminded me of the situation in this cover where bigger characters get shafted over characters that have like 3 min screen times, just bc they are famous or something.

It's such false advertising and so often done in Chinese series.

This DVD with english subtitle or just Mando or canto?

and Yea y Liu Shi shi...but i think she is quite famous compare to other actress/actor...

Language and subtitle is Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by may june View Post
    This DVD with english subtitle or just Mando or canto?

and Yea y Liu Shi shi...but i think she is quite famous compare to other actress/actor...

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Saw it in BM as well but think I'll wait for the whole series to be released before I buy it
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Considering that my poor old memory cannot hold 3-4 pages worth of thread at 7mins to midnight, I shall leave direct quote responses for another post.

Hmm...responding to what I can remember...

Based on the novel, the reasons for why ZWJ had to marry ZZR were nothing short of ridiculous. Yes, traditional social etiquette kept people's body space sacred, but in the Wuxia realm, people were not supposed to be so 'Po Po, Ma Ma'. From ZWJ's skill anyway, I can't see how he couldn't of affected the acupoints through pure energy (Duan royal family, HYS, Yang Guo all worked it out) or use a tool? I'm sure ZWJ would be aware of acupuncture, and that the point of acupuncture is nothing but a tool to direct the influence of energy from the practitioner.

XX's influence? Well, for all those who have read the novel, and if JY hasn't since altered the fact that

click to show/hide spoilers

XX knew very well who was the culprit and that he only got ZWJ to marry ZZR was because he believed they were at a potential disadvantage against her if she had gained the secrets from HSDS. This little tit bit still make my blood boil when I read the novel.

To me, XX made a rather irrational decision at this point.

Lu Liu Shan Zhuang...I was definitely most satisfied with HSDS09 version. The fight matched the novel - I always wondered when would they ever show ZM's dexterity - maybe except for the slow-mo limbo part. After rewatching the scenes, I see ZM's flirting as a bit of a ploy. She knows full well that she cannot compare with ZWJ in MA skill, so she decided to put in a bit of a psychological game into the fighting. It's obvious ZWJ is the soft-hearted type...playing on that is smart, if not daring though.

I loved, loved ZM's ambidextrous fighting, as short as it was. It's so wonderful to be able to use sword ambidextrously...as I've recently had the pleasure to try out .

I've also wondered it rather contrived that ZWJ would come back with just ZM's obvious fake suicide attempt...the fake stabbing was more convincing.

I like how the lighting created depth and space for the 'dungeon'. When ZM is looking up into the light, I found it highlighted her features and white attire in an almost angelic way.

It was funny how ZM noted how nervous ZWJ was when he first tried to threaten her, and then her shamelessly using this to her advantage.

Er...blood point? Yong Quan point...why this point is supposed to cause uncontrollable laughter/ticklishness is beyond me - it actually is used for grounding (by martial art and Chinese Med standards), so a reversion would, I think, cause dizzy/vertigo, or possibly blackout - haven't found a good guinea pig to try that out though . This reminds me, after recently watching HSDS87, I noticed how ZWJ just plainly tickles ZM's foot. This annoyed me to no end.
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 11-16-09 at 09:38 AM.

The DVD cover doesn't look like it'll have Canto dub... time to brush up Mandarin again. I reached DVD 6 of 7 in Chinese Paladin 3 before I realised it had a Canto option... now I'm torn between starting again in Canto and just finishing it. Maybe the Malaysian HSDS version will have Canto dub..

Can someone give me information on where to download this series because the download on baidu only gives me 2minute files for some strange reason

if u want the hd version, go for torrent: http://www.in9.cn/read.php?tid=578521

if quality is not the thing u really care about, the whole series is available for downdoading in the flv format on tudou.com.

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    A compilation of Zhang Wuji & Zhao Min at the Lu Liu Manor scene from various adaptations (all TVB versions, Jet Li's movie, Taiwan, CTS, Mainland): http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...E8ED8F6C295C35

My comments...

TVB 1978:
    The worst one. Only 2,5 minutes. They totally cut out most of the dialogues and it doesn't even has the part where Wuji pressing Zhao Min's blood point on her feet.
    Liza Wang is actually pretty enough to be ZM, but she look too old and mature, there's no youth in her acting performance.

TVB 1986:
    The only version that has the part where Wuji spit on the cloth before he use it to ZM's mouth^^ I realized Tony Leung is really, really the closest ZWJ of the novel.

The Evil Cult:
    Once again, I really loooove Zhang Min's ZM! So cool! I know that the book described ZM reading a book when ZWJ come, but I always prefer for ZM to play the zither in this scene, I love scenes where the lady playing a zither in wuxia series, makes them look the more mysterious^^ If only I can get a clip where I can hear their real Cantonese voices.

Taiwan 1994:
    Gosh, just only by one scene, reminds me of how much I hate this adaptation XD I really, really cannot accept Steve Ma's portrayal as Wuji here. I hate this ZWJ to the core XD No wonder I wanted/wished Kathy Chow's ZZR to kill ZWJ in this version right away, back then^^ Cecilia Yip as ZM is kinda better, but I still don't like it much.
    The only thing good from this adaptation (besides Yang Xiao) is really just the background musics. I love the romantic tune at the end of this scene. And although I don't like Cecilia's ZM, but I like her expression and how she moved her feet at the end, fits in the music very much ^_^

TVB 2000:
    It has a very different way of exiting the underground room. And ZWJ-ZM got out together too^^ I think Lawrence Ng's face seriously doesn't fit ZWJ character. Gigi Lai is OK as ZM, but I don't like her portrayal that much. And I think among other ZM, she has the ugliest costume and hairstyle^^;;;

CTS 2003:
    The lousiest fight scene >_< An example of a lousy fight scene where the people who are fighting just jump around and fly around, and the cameras were just moved to the right and the left, and we can't see clearly who is actually fighting, and when they landed on the ground, they're suddenly done fighting @_@
    I think Alec-Alyssa is one of the most compatible ZWJ-ZM pairing (besides Tony-Kitty and DC-Ady). But Alec Su kinda lacks acting skill. Honestly, I love Alyssa Chia as Zhao Min, I know her portrayal is too cute and silly, just like a schoolgirl, but I really don't mind it. But I think compared to the other Zhao Min-s, she gave the best acting performance during the part where she has to laugh and slowly cries when Wuji pressed her feet's blood pressure point. It fits of how I imagined it when I read the book.
    The flashback, and actually the plot/scene itself where child ZM meeting child Wuji was really unnecessary. Zhao Min's "I hate you" dialogue seem so out of place here.

Mainland 2009:
    It took 13 minutes alone just for this Lu Liu manor scene in this adaptation, the longest yet among other versions. Not that I'm complaining, of course, coz I loved this part alot^^ It has ZM's "lai shi rong yi, ci shi nan"(easy come, not easy to go) line here just like in the novel (Tony Leung's one and the Taiwanese one has it too). The fight part in the novel where Wuji made ZM couldn't hold her sword anymore and in a very short time, she can change strategy to throw the sword to Wuji's head, in this version was the same, except ZM just drop the sword to her other hand. My favorite part of the fight was when Wuji held back both ZM's hands which are still holding the two swords till it crossed each other, and ZM's face looked like she's in pain, but ZWJ made a cool face like he didn't has to use any strength at all.
    Deng Chao and Ady An's acting performances inside the underground room were also excellent, I'd say. The way ZM calls the guards outside was very funny! (but maybe props shld goes to the dubber rather than Ady herself^^) It's just really too bad they exagerrated the feet's blood point part. Makes this whole scene less perfect^^;;;
    Deng Chao's Zhang Wuji may not be close with the novel, but this is definitely my favorite ZWJ, I like him this way ^_^ Tony Leung is the best but DC is my fave, heheh. Ady An is really perfect, Best and Favorite ZM, for me.
    After watching all the scenes shown in the clips, I like TVB86 and Mainland 2009 the most. But, I also agree with you the pressing pressure point part is done best in CTS 2003. I thought Alyssa Chia was too schoolgirlish (remind me of the girls in Taiwanese idol drama) in her overall performance base on the clip, but the part where she cried and laughed at the same time was done perfectly. Mainland 2009 was my favourite overall but, like you said, the overdone 'pressing pressure point' part made it less perfect. In fact, of all the versions shown in the clip, I dislike Mainland 2009's version the most for this particular part.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Can someone tell me how this ugly Chang BuChi perform ? all actresses look good but the actor is bad looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Xingxoxo View Post
    Can someone tell me how this ugly Chang BuChi perform ? all actresses look good but the actor is bad looking.
    Well, if you flipped back a few pages, the general consensus is Deng Chao is good as ZWJ.

As for the DVDs, I'll wait for the full version to come out.
    Hopefully, there will be some additional scenes in HSDS DVDs since there are 16 DVDs for the full version on YesAsia.

@Surferket:
    How's the quality? I never tried buying parallel imports from BlueMax for dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xingxoxo View Post
    LOL. Trust me, his acting performance makes him looks more good-looking than just looking at his pic