Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1743

Thread: Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2009 《倚天屠龙记》 - Deng Chao, Ady An, Liu Jing

i'm up to ep 28 now (well, i started at 15 - around guangming ding part >_<). so far i like zwj and zm. dc makes for a steadfast person in anything but love. and there's no need to repeat about ady. but yet i feel like they didn't really care who they cast for the minor supporting characters so long as they're happy with zwj and his girls. everyone looks like thugs all the way from kongdong to shaolin. i understand they're wulin people, but the menacing effect is a bit distracting. i'd imagine the monks to look more benevolent, and the wudang brothers to be better looking (i mean, syq did have yu mien meng chang for a son). furthermore, xiao yao er xian are erm... not quite xian-like. it was hard to watch the recount of guangming ding 30 yrs past. i mean, really, the whole point of an adaptation is so that i don't have to imagine. that it's all painted out for me. and i also didn't feel any chemistry from the wudang brothers. plus there wasn't much interaction between zzr and zwj prior to wan-an si . i only know she likes him because i know the story, but it'd be hard to convince me otherwise. and that cat fight with zm in the straw hut, was that ever in the book? i've always thought zzr to have more dignity than that. this gal is now way too petty. sure, zzr may be nuts, but she's got the whole composed angelic act down. basically i feel so disengaged with the series. *sigh* 1986 is still my favorite afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Bluemax has the Part 2 for SGD$15.
    Hi Surfeket is it English sub ?

No sorry at this stage it's still Chinese subtitled. You can try other forums if they do fan sub?

Quote Originally Posted by constantgeek View Post
    Hi Surfeket is it English sub ?

is the version you bought the less-cut version, Surferket??

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003 View Post
    i'm up to ep 28 now (well, i started at 15 - around guangming ding part >_<). so far i like zwj and zm. dc makes for a steadfast person in anything but love. and there's no need to repeat about ady. but yet i feel like they didn't really care who they cast for the minor supporting characters so long as they're happy with zwj and his girls. everyone looks like thugs all the way from kongdong to shaolin. i understand they're wulin people, but the menacing effect is a bit distracting. i'd imagine the monks to look more benevolent, and the wudang brothers to be better looking (i mean, syq did have yu mien meng chang for a son). furthermore, xiao yao er xian are erm... not quite xian-like. it was hard to watch the recount of guangming ding 30 yrs past. i mean, really, the whole point of an adaptation is so that i don't have to imagine. that it's all painted out for me. and i also didn't feel any chemistry from the wudang brothers. plus there wasn't much interaction between zzr and zwj prior to wan-an si . i only know she likes him because i know the story, but it'd be hard to convince me otherwise. and that cat fight with zm in the straw hut, was that ever in the book? i've always thought zzr to have more dignity than that. this gal is now way too petty. sure, zzr may be nuts, but she's got the whole composed angelic act down. basically i feel so disengaged with the series. *sigh* 1986 is still my favorite afterall.
    How does this current version compare with the 2003 version with Alec Su and Alyssa Chia? I thought most of the actors (if not all) did a very good job in the 2003 version including the main and supporting actors/actresses

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    How does this current version compare with the 2003 version with Alec Su and Alyssa Chia? I thought most of the actors (if not all) did a very good job in the 2003 version including the main and supporting actors/actresses
    Here's a breakdown, based on my personal opinion (and general consensus)
    - Deng Chao > Alec Su: For me, Deng Chao came on top because I initially had such low expectations of him based on his appearance (bad shallow me). Alec Su's just a pretty face
    - Ady An > Alyssa Chia: more range in emotions, not just cutesy and playful, costumes looked more 'Mongolian' on her, and first encounter with ZWJ was more memorable
    - Liu Jing < Gao Yuan Yuan: LJ's ZZR was really petty at times, and had none of GYY's dignity and composure; it didnt help that her sudden reappearance and the fact that her spiteful comment were the last lines of the series (from now on I just stop at the scene before and pretend this didnt happen)
    - minor characters (Xiao Zhao, Zhu'er, Yang Bu Hui, etc): 2009 left a better overall impression
    - storyline: I actually liked the ending for 2003 better (see "ZZR's pop-up")

- Overall, 2009 > 2003: faithfulness to the book, consistency (MuNianCi as Yellow Dressed Maiden!). gorgeous scenery. There were some technical glitches, but this is something I would buy in a box set

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    i only skimmed a small portion of 2003 so i can't compare. but it's honestly because i didn't have any expectation for 2003 whereas i truly think 2009 would be good.

it's not the acting that i have complaints about for 2009. i think it's just how scenes are put together. for me, there are many dynamic emotions involved in the plot and 2009 didn't do quite enough to depict them. for example, ming cult is supposed to do their chant while being attacked by the 6 sects. it was a huge emotional scene because it depicts their conviction and cult loyalty. this scene isn't shown in 2009. smaller details also went missing. the wudang brothers was supposed to help zwj heal his injuries after the guangming fiasco, and in exchange zwj would heal them instead. this scene displays the uncles' love for wuji and thus their love for his father. they also didn't have the part where zzr banters to her shifu about huashan's swordplay to casually help zwj out. it's minor, but it shows zzr's cleverness as well as her feelings for wuji, which is important for character development. so while the series is still entertaining, especially for 1st timers, it lacks many of the touching moments that holds the entire story together. of course 1986 wasn't perfect in their guangming ding interpretation either. i think all adaptations cut short this battle, which is a huge blah for fans.

just my two cents so far. will have to get past snake island before more comments follow.

i only skimmed a small portion of 2003 so i can't compare. but it's honestly because i didn't have any expectation for 2003 whereas i truly think 2009 would be good.

it's not the acting that i have complaints about for 2009. i think it's just how scenes are put together. for me, there are many dynamic emotions involved in the plot and 2009 didn't do quite enough to depict them. for example, ming cult is supposed to do their chant while being attacked by the 6 sects. it was a huge emotional scene because it depicts their conviction and cult loyalty. this scene isn't shown in 2009. smaller details also went missing. the wudang brothers was supposed to help zwj heal his injuries after the guangming fiasco, and in exchange zwj would heal them instead. this scene displays the uncles' love for wuji and thus their love for his father. they also didn't have the part where zzr banters to her shifu about huashan's swordplay to casually help zwj out. it's minor, but it shows zzr's cleverness as well as her feelings for wuji, which is important for character development. so while the series is still entertaining, especially for 1st timers, it lacks many of the touching moments that holds the entire story together. of course 1986 wasn't perfect in their guangming ding interpretation either. i think all adaptations cut short this battle, which is a huge blah for fans.

just my two cents so far. will have to get past snake island before more comments follow.
    Reading your earlier post, it appears to me that you were not quite happy with the acting of the supporting cast. I would advise you to watch the 2003 version. I thought the acting was pretty decent.

Well I can't answer that as so far I have only seen 1 version.

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    is the version you bought the less-cut version, Surferket??

Default download-able high quality version

the tudou version seems really high quality, but is there any way that someone could download them and/or put them on youtube? i want to be able to watch it on the go because there's not enough time to sit in front of the computer. thanks
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

Quote Originally Posted by yin_shen_quan View Post
    Overall, 2009 > 2003: faithfulness to the book, consistency (MuNianCi as Yellow Dressed Maiden!).
    Not having read the novel, I have this burning question I need answered regarding the last few episodes:

click to show/hide spoilers
    I had a WTF moment when Yin Li appeared at the end. Was this really in the novel?
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

Quote Originally Posted by MrIllusion View Post
    Not having read the novel, I have this burning question I need answered regarding the last few episodes:

I had a WTF moment when Yin Li appeared at the end. Was this really in the novel?
    In some versions Yin Li stays dead after being killed by ZZR. In later versions she didnt really die, and returns to 'haunt' ZZR. She also accepts ZWJ's relationship with ZM and in the 2003 HSDS, reunites with her father. Hope that clears things up!

Off-topic: MrIllusion, *Yin Li's* appearance gave you a "WTF moment"? Everyone else has the same reaction, but with *ZZR's* random appearance in the final scene!

Quote Originally Posted by MrIllusion View Post

The answer would be YES, it's in the novel.

My first HSDS was Tony Leung's version, so I was also very surprised that Yin Li is actually still alive in the novel. I thought that was just the 2003 version's silly addition, at first I do prefer Yin Li stays dead though XD

but yet i feel like they didn't really care who they cast for the minor supporting characters so long as they're happy with zwj and his girls. everyone looks like thugs all the way from kongdong to shaolin. i understand they're wulin people, but the menacing effect is a bit distracting. i'd imagine the monks to look more benevolent, and the wudang brothers to be better looking (i mean, syq did have yu mien meng chang for a son). furthermore, xiao yao er xian are erm... not quite xian-like.
    I agree with u about the supporting characters. Am especially disappointed by the Ming Sect members like the Bat King and Zhou Dian etc who all seemed to be reading blankly off their scripts more than half the time. Yang Xiao performed better than I expected but he still lacks the charm and good looks.

Other disappointing supporting characters are Ji Xiaofu (doesn't even look close to how i imagine the character to be though her acting is so-so), Ding Minjun (very pretty but lacking somewhat in viciousness and greed), Chen Kun, Song Qingshu (they seem to paint him in a more positive light in here), Wang Bao Bao, Prince Ru Yang (total lack of screen time and presence), Wudang 6 heroes (unforgettable and lacking in presence, made worse by the silly ROCH'06 Quanzhen sect uniforms which blend them into a pile even more), Zhang Cuishan (rather unnatural acting in certain scenes), Miejue Shitai (beautiful but again, too evil-in-your-face and slightly exaggerated) and Yellow Robe Lady (Liu Shishi is no doubt very graceful in her fighting scenes and beautiful in costume but her YRL was extremely dazed, wooden and washed out. In fact, I find her more blank and confused than cool and collected. The director probably asked LSS to imitate LYF's XLN but while the latter appeared aloof and nonchalant, LSS's YRL just seems to lack sleep or lost her soul. Doesn't help that that she acts and sounds very abrupt in certain scenes. Like for e.g, she looked and sounded all fierce and threatening when teaching ZZR a lesson but after ZWJ pleads for ZZR's life and the YRL lets go off and flips back onto ground, LSS is suddenly wearing the blank and confused expression once again. Such tt you wouldn't even know that she's been teaching someone a lesson just a split second ago).

Nonetheless, I'm rather pleased with this adaptation's Xiao Zhao, Zhu'er, Yang Buhui (though she seems to have less screen time in this adaptation), as well as Zhang Sanfeng, Yin Susu (who unfortunately was dubbed by an awful voice), Fan Yao and Xie Xun.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 11-23-09 at 10:15 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Wuji and his stepfather Xiexun MV
    THe background music is Korean song,
    so maybe it can sound a little strange.

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5daaa9af0100gacr.html

Quote Originally Posted by ilsunjo View Post
    Wuji and his stepfather Xiexun MV
    THe background music is Korean song,
    so maybe it can sound a little strange.

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5daaa9af0100gacr.html
    Another great vid by you. Very touching indeed. Nice song as well. Thanks for it ilsunjo.

Keep up the great work!

Ahem, may I request a wuji/zzr vid next, please? lol If not, that's cool. Don't hate me.
    Last edited by Wuxialover; 11-23-09 at 06:15 PM.

guys...i found this...

http://www.dramacrazy.net/chinese-mo...ragon-sabre/2/

Does anyone know which version is this?
    bcause prevously i never know that there's a HSDS taiwan version 1984...and after read on this forum wow....love to have it but i think it's difficult haannn...

i mean this forum came from different country so hard to exchange cd's ect...
    btw i think HSDS 2009 just so so... only DC&Idy, DC and Yin Li scene that makes me want to watch it. Xiao Ciao here she just tryin to looks sweet.Yea i believe the cast for SZ is a beautifull girl but most of her screen she just tryin to be sweet.I don't know thats isn't Siao Ciao i ever imagine to be...

and i love the butterfly valley, makes me want to go to China really.doing backpack there across country (does anyone has same dream as me, lets make it reality.hahaha) ...thats coolllllll but then i realize the language r very difficult 2 learn for me as indonesian..

Quote Originally Posted by may june View Post
    and i love the butterfly valley, makes me want to go to China really.doing backpack there across country (does anyone has same dream as me, lets make it reality.hahaha)
    *raises hand* I do! But....you do know that a great deal of it was CGI'ed, right? Regardless, ZJZ's series make me feel very happy that such breathtaking locations still exist in the world. Few people have given any thought to Central Asia (Mongolia, Western China, the -stans, Southern Russia), so to me they are very mysterious, which just adds to their allure.

Quote Originally Posted by may june View Post
    guys...i found this...

http://www.dramacrazy.net/chinese-mo...ragon-sabre/2/

Does anyone know which version is this?
    It's most likely a film by Shaw Brothers Studio. But I'm not sure which version. For a list of all HSDS adaptations (films and tv series), check out the link on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hea...d_Dragon_Saber

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2
    The only issue I had with that was Zhang Min also played ZWJ's mom. So that was a little weird.

And it was interesting how they changed the ZZR character. I really wonder how it would have played out if they made the sequel.
    Yeah, I really wanted a sequel. I suppose it was difficult getting all those famous actors together again? I also really liked Francis Ng as ZCS...he was really intense, and although inaccurate, I thought his suicide was rather creative and dramatic in a appreciable way. Also, he gave that loving look to his wife before he died...it still gets to me how dense ZCS was about the particulars of how 3rd brother got crippled. Yes, there was all that brotherly love, and in a way, he was trying to avoid betraying XX whereabouts, but his actions always came across as irresponsible and/or dense to me. So, I liked the slight change to ZCS perceived state of mind before he died.

ZM as mother and ZM did sort of weird me out too. I know both were comparable to ZWJ, but having the same actress play both was sort of that side of creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003
    everyone looks like thugs all the way from kongdong to shaolin

It was also about the acting too. Sometimes good performances can transform a person's presence and in a way, looks. I didn't feel the director(s) were trying particularly hard to encourage the best acting out fo the supporting actors.

My sentiments exactly. I would've loved for at least one adaption to have the Ming Cult chanting; a chant building in crescendo while Yin Huang battles it out in the foreground would be perfect!

*Sigh* I too wish someone would actually do justice to the Guang Ming Ding battles. Something along the lines of Peter Jackson's dedication to the 'Ring Scene' in LOTR.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    The director probably asked LSS to imitate LYF's XLN but while the latter appeared aloof and nonchalant, LSS's YRL just seems to lack sleep or lost her soul. Doesn't help that that she acts and sounds very abrupt in certain scenes. Like for e.g, she looked and sounded all fierce and threatening when teaching ZZR a lesson but after ZWJ pleads for ZZR's life and the YRL lets go off and flips back onto ground, LSS is suddenly wearing the blank and confused expression once again. Such tt you wouldn't even know that she's been teaching someone a lesson just a split second ago).
    I agree. But, I thought it was maybe a product of the crew getting LSS to try too hard to imitate LYF's XLN for 'consistency' sake. I would've appreciated LSS's and a new interpretation of the Yellow Robed Lady's portrayal. What's the point of a new adaptation if a portrayal is going to be based on an imitation? Consistency is to mention a point, achieve a connection, not to make a character.