Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 286869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1743

Thread: Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2009 《倚天屠龙记》 - Deng Chao, Ady An, Liu Jing

I don't think any of the DVD sets released thus far have the deleted scenes and proper dubbing (w/o the censoring of certain names like Shaolin) or it would have been announced online.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Finally able to watch this series properly with clear quality and subtitles that I understand (before, I only skimmed through the 40 eps without understanding the dialogues, and just stopped mostly on ZWJ-ZM scenes ) I'm on Ep 2 now.

If I'm not wrong, most people think the first several eps are boring? Strangely, I really enjoyed the first 2 eps. Not boring at all. Everything is very good with the exception of Ken Chang's portrayal as Zhang Cuishan. I really appreciate the faithfulness to the book. Most adaptations never follow ZCS's plot closely to the book. Both 1986 and 2009 versions kinda complements each other in this area.

I love the devilish Yin Susu. In the book and also in other adaptations, it almost felt like Yin Susu and Zhao Min are similar: enemies-turn-lovers with the hero, viscious/bad in the beginning-good in the end. Doesn't help either that adaptations like Jet Li's movie and the Taiwan 94 one has the same actresses for them. Nothing really differs them.

But I think this version has managed to establish that, with the devilish portrayal of YSS that Wang Yuanke performed and with Ady's ZM that has commanding presence and elegance. Sorry, I can't explain this well XD

I also really like Xie Xun here. One of the best Xie Xun besides Kenneth Tsang(Tony's version). May I know who is everyone's best Xie Xun? I really disliked the 2003 Xie Xun (although I like that guy as Ao Bai in various DOMD/Royal Tramp )

I can't even remember Xie Xun in Ma Chingdao's version, who acted him? How about the 2000 version?

Btw, according to Wiki, Xie Xun in 2009 version is acted by the guy who played as Monk Bujie, Yilin's father in XAJH2001. Is this true?(y'know how Wiki sometimes makes mistakes) He looks so different as Xie Xun. Or is it because he has aged now?

I remember Lok Ying Kwan (?spelling) portrayed Xie Xun in the TVB 2000 version. He was also in TVB LOCH 94 as Huang Yaoshi.

For the most part, the cast in HSDS 2000 were not very impressionable in portraying the characters. Although awesome actors, Damian and Michelle were too old to act as ZCS and YSS. However, Eddie Cheung did make a very good looking and interesting Yang Xiao .

thank you to yin_shen_quan and sunnysnow on the info of the dvd sets. really a pity that this production could be greatly enhanced with proper editing. just like ROCH could have been a more likable version with better editing.

The masking of the Shaolin name is more likely a legal commercial move to avoid being sued by the temple whose abbot is sensitive about his temple's name being used without authorisation or in a negative manner. He is literally sue happy over what he perceives as trademark infringement.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    I remember Lok Ying Kwan (?spelling) portrayed Xie Xun in the TVB 2000 version. He was also in TVB LOCH 94 as Huang Yaoshi.
    Ah, I didn't like that guy. Both as HYS and XX.

Just looked at wiki, and apparently XX in the Taiwan 94 was played by Lau Dan, who acted as Hong Qigong in LoCH82 and RoCH83. I love him as HQG, but I really dont remember how he was as XX.

For the most part, the cast in HSDS 2000 were not very impressionable in portraying the characters. Although awesome actors, Damian and Michelle were too old to act as ZCS and YSS. However, Eddie Cheung did make a very good looking and interesting Yang Xiao .
    I agree. Damian and Michelle were good, but they're too old The others were just... blah... Well, I'm not saying they're bad, just that... I dunno, I just can't care abt them. Actually, I can't care abt this adaptation at all. Although yeah, Yang Xiao is good looking^^

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    I also really like Xie Xun here. One of the best Xie Xun besides Kenneth Tsang(Tony's version). May I know who is everyone's best Xie Xun? I really disliked the 2003 Xie Xun (although I like that guy as Ao Bai in various DOMD/Royal Tramp )

Btw, according to Wiki, Xie Xun in 2009 version is acted by the guy who played as Monk Bujie, Yilin's father in XAJH2001. Is this true?(y'know how Wiki sometimes makes mistakes) He looks so different as Xie Xun. Or is it because he has aged now?
    My favorite Xie Xun is Kenneth Tsang's. Despite the weird bangs and phony "blind" make-up, he still has a commanding presence.

Assuming Wiki is correct: I like the actor better as Xie Xun. From what I've seen of his performance as Monk Bujie (I'm only at episode 13 of XAJH 2001), he tries a little too hard to be funny. His Xie Xun, despite the too-chubby face, looks impressive and convincing as a Ming Sect elder.

TS Video has a 16-disc DVD set selling for SG$39.90 less 30%. Don't ask me why so many discs. Sunny go buy that and let us know ok?

I've written a review of the first 6-7 episodes HSDS 2009 here:
    http://yanie02.livejournal.com/65173.html

Includes summary, screencaps and my opinions/comments. Also comparison comments with the novel and some other adaptations.

Monks sue people? not very monkly.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySon View Post
    Monks sue people? not very monkly.
    LOL. that just made me burst out laughing

I think dubbing over the word Shaolin is total bs. If they are so worried about insulting the monks, then what is next, dubb over every single tv series and movies that represent Shaolin in a negative light?

I think dubbing over the word Shaolin is total bs. If they are so worried about insulting the monks, then what is next, dubb over every single tv series and movies that represent Shaolin in a negative light?
    looks like it's heading towards that direction.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

As I just get to watch the series properly, now I understand how dumb the 'Shaolin' censors are. So, they overlapped the dubbing with a totally different voice, JUST to cover all the 'Shaolin' words??? That really sucks! Even I, who don't understand Chinese much, feels so bothered with that overlapping dubbing. I think this started since Ep6 when everyone gathered at Wudang? Did Yin Susu mentioned Shaolin words in Ep2? Coz I dont remember I heard any weird dubbing there. And when ZSF and Wuji went to Shaolin, they zoomed in the screen as to hide the Shaolin name board, is that it?? Really, really dumb

Btw, does anyone know the actor's name who plays Chang Yuchun here? (the young man who met ZSF and Wuji on the way and he brought little ZZR with him too) He seems familiar to me. For a second, I thought he was Yelu Qi in RoCH06, but I don't think so.

Also does anyone know the names of the child actresses who acted Yang Buhui, Zhou Zhiruo and Yin Li?? Esp. Yang Buhui, I like her alot, she's so cute! And I think the child ZZR is pretty.
    Last edited by loislane; 12-03-09 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilsunjo View Post
    I always love your MVs, ilsunjo!
    The music is very soothing. Me like! Thanks a bunch for sharing!

Btw, does anyone know the actor's name who plays Chang Yuchun here? (the young man who met ZSF and Wuji on the way and he brought little ZZR with him too) He seems familiar to me. For a second, I thought he was Yelu Qi in RoCH06, but I don't think so.
    Don't know the actor's name but he plays very minor characters in some of ZJZ's series. I remember seeing him as a beggar sect character in LOCH'03 and no he's not the one who played Yelu Qi in ROCH'06.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Btw, does anyone know the actor's name who plays Chang Yuchun here? (the young man who met ZSF and Wuji on the way and he brought little ZZR with him too).
    The actor's name is Qiao Yu (乔宇).
    His blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/qiaoyublog

Quote Originally Posted by loislane
    Also does anyone know the names of the child actresses who acted Yang Buhui, Zhou Zhiruo and Yin Li?? Esp. Yang Buhui, I like her alot, she's so cute! And I think the child ZZR is pretty.
    Yang Bu Hui: Guo Bai Lu (郭柏鹭)
    Blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/guobailu19977

Zhou Zhi Ruo: Lu Zi Yi (陆子艺)
    Blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/tthappygirl

Zhu Er: Jiang Yi Yi (蒋依依)
    Blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/jiangyiyi0101

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    The actor's name is Qiao Yu (乔宇).
    His blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/qiaoyublog

Yang Bu Hui: Guo Bai Lu (郭柏鹭)
    Blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/guobailu19977

Zhou Zhi Ruo: Lu Zi Yi (陆子艺)
    Blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/tthappygirl

Zhu Er: Jiang Yi Yi (蒋依依)
    Blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/jiangyiyi0101
    Woo... thank you, thank you so much!!^o^

Btw, after seeing the pics, you mixed up YBH and ZZR's actresses^^
    It's suppose to be:

Yang Bu Hui: Lu Zi Yi (陆子艺)

Zhou Zhi Ruo: Guo Bai Lu (郭柏鹭)

But anyway, thanks alot!!

Woo... thank you, thank you so much!!^o^

Btw, after seeing the pics, you mixed up YBH and ZZR's actresses^^
    It's suppose to be:

Yang Bu Hui: Lu Zi Yi (陆子艺)

Zhou Zhi Ruo: Guo Bai Lu (郭柏鹭)

But anyway, thanks alot!!
    Oops, yep, you're right. Misread and haven't actually watched this series yet.