Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1743

Thread: Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2009 《倚天屠龙记》 - Deng Chao, Ady An, Liu Jing

Comment removed by author
    Last edited by yin_shen_quan; 11-02-09 at 11:55 AM.

*real* Ep 21: http://www.56.com/u73/v_NDc0Mjc2NjI.html

Quality could be better, but after so many fake 21 uploads, I'm really happy to see a real one

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    I think Shi Lei did an okay job as young ZWJ. If you read the book, the little ZWJ and the grown-up ZWJ DOES has that much difference, like they're different persons, and I think this matter has been discussed a few times before by the book's fans. In real life, our characteristic during childhood can be very different with ours during adulthood too, anyway.
    Living alone for years in an inaccessible valley with only monkeys for company might account for some pretty significant behavioral changes, too.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    Living alone for years in an inaccessible valley with only monkeys for company might account for some pretty significant behavioral changes, too.
    Which is why I'm so surprised by how eloquent he is. I was half expecting a "Me, Wu Ji. You, Zhao Min"

I guess he did inherit his dad's language ability!

thank you very much sunny
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

MiNgFeIwAlEx

Thank you all for the links!

Tifftiff, actuallly funnily enough I do _not_ detect sparks flying between ZWJ and ZM. ZM is still calmly assessing ZWJ as a foe, and ZWJ is taking ZM very seriously as the person who holds the lives of every one of his Shi-shu (Wudang uncles) in her hands... they're very much in a level face-off mode. ZM scores one, ZWJ scores one ... and so on.

I like it. They're serious rivals first and foremost- they're learning to respect each other's strengths, sizing up their weaknesses

click to show/hide spoilers
    e.g., ZM already learns from CK that ZWJ, ZZR and QS appear to be in an affection triangle, and she plans to exploit that to her benefit.

I'm LOVING it that ZM leaves, temporarily defeated but unbowed, and in fact with a slight sneer in her eyes from Wudang... she knows she has the upper hand, she has the black jade paste afterall. She says very little ("I'll spare Wudang, ZWJ to give you face.") but she's clearly got a plan brewing already! What a cool strategist!

Okay, okay, 2 minutes later I eat my words... umm... the bitter-sweetness of words spoken too soon!

Sparks I do detect (sorry I watched exactly to the point before ZWJ runs out to meet ZM after he realizes he's been tricked by her into poisoning his own uncles when I wrote that last bit)- but it's not quite romantic sparks... YET....

ZM here gets her own back after ZWJ torments her in the cave. She uses his on words to sting him, and never loses her cool regardless of what he says.

Ady's acting up to the role! IMO, she doesn't over do the smiling, or the smirking or the cute bits, she's steady, her words may be playful, but she isn't playing, her actions have a whiff of flirtation, but she isn't flirting- she's selling ZWJ a favor for a favor, and if she chooses to sweeten the deal with an arch eyebrow, or a half-smile, that may or may not be saying anything... the viewer (and ZWJ) can only guess...

E.g., No simpering looks or smiles from Ady when she delivers the lines "Chou mei (Presumptious!)! You dying is your business, why should I die with you." It's a straight line from her... thank goodness she doesn't try to make it too much of a coy joke. This isn't that sort of scene... she's having fun, but that's because she's in control and has won this round and she knows it!

I'm starting to slip into ZM adoration.... ....

Wan An Temple's starting scenes rock! ZM's action sequences are awesome (_many_ of the actions sequences are very strong, but I LOVE the thought they put in ZM's... she's so ambidextrous and agile minded in her fighting!)

Plus the way she touched ZZR's face and smiled... shiver! You know? Given how adorable Zhu'er is, and how indeed sweet and strong ZZR, and how gorgeous XZ, I have to say, I'm thrilled that at last ZM has competition... of course I only say that because in _my_ heart at least, I know who's going to be Queen of the Castle end of the day... ....

Okay, back to coaxing my internet connection to please, please stream a little faster!

I also like how unsentimental ZM here is... when she asks ZWJ why he hates her box so much, she does it with a chilly smile... not with any sort of sorrow which most of the other ZM's do!

Wow- a strong ZM indeed!

Not since Liza Wang I think have we seen her like... even Gigi's ZM was a little hurt by ZWJ throwing the gold box!

Like I mentioned- the sparks so far between ZWJ and ZM are sparks of chilly dislike... though I do detect a faint undercurrent of grudging admiration on both side. But it's all still a dish served COLD.

Ep 21 & 22 is up on Baidu now.

Thumbs up

Hi there yanfeng! How are you doing?

I love to read your post, you write so well

I thought the Wan An temple scenes were weird. Since I was working and sneakingly watch the series at the same time, and plus, not understanding the language make it hard to concentrate

First, they didn't show the Kunlun sect leader perform his martial arts, right? I thought Ady looked really mean when she was practicing the weapons . What's with Fan Yao and the fire???

This version didn't have the part where ZM & ZWJ both pick up the broken golden box, right? Did they show ZWJ pick it up???

I love the part where ZM hold ZZR's face and ZZR twisted and to free ZM's hand too
    This version has ZM aware that Green Flying Bat is after her, but she can't avoid getting dirty on her face. He was too fast

I have to rewatch ep 21 again, I watched from the 56.com link and it was so slow, people were moving at turtle speed .

Thank you so much for the links yin_shen_quan and mingfeiwalex

I agree with most of you guys: that scene with ZWJ holding up ZM's feet wasn't particularly nice. It was creative, but the way they kept spinning around and around made me wonder: what was the point of this again?

Anyway, I just watched episode 21 and I have to say, I absolutely LOVED the pinky-promise scene! Ady was so fun, flirty, and cute all rolled into one. And ZWJ's response was just as cute - he seemed amused, timid, and curious as he hooked her pinky. I felt a spark there, definitely.

Objectively, I think Zhang min's portrayal of Zm in the Evil Cult is the best. Zhang had fairly limited on-screen time but her Zm was remarkably well-acted.
    http://www.56.com/u88/v_NDcwNzczNDk.html
    Not sure if An yixuan has ever watched the Evil Cult but I find her Zm bears some resemblance to Zhang min's in that both have a mixed aura of threat, arrogance and command that the other Zm's lack. Having said that, the Zm that I like the most however is Jia jingwen's who is uniquely cute. Yeah, i'm superficial here, but who cares? lol.
    How could I forget Zhang Min! Yes, I really enjoyed her performance too. One of the reasons I wanted them to continue Jet Li's HSDS was to see how her ZM would pan out.

Machiavellian is my usual description for ZM. I've always seen ZM as a rather mercurial character, though I know it would be difficult to have an actress be able to balance and portray all character facets. I find series usually have ZM lean towards intelligent, cutesy, cheeky, or even jealous. Beside Zhang Min and now Ady An's portrayal, I'm happy to finally see attention to the more, shall we say, darker aspects of ZM.

Well, Alyssa did have her serious moments, and I love her serious acting. The superficial quality of the entire series I attribute to dodgy directing, scripting, and editing.

I hope 'evil' ZM stays as such for as long as possible. Me like!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2
    Which is why I'm so surprised by how eloquent he is. I was half expecting a "Me, Wu Ji. You, Zhao Min"

I guess he did inherit his dad's language ability!
    Caveman ZWJ indeed.

ZWJ didn't spend his whole childhood with the monkeys. He had established speaking skills before he was left in the cave.

Whether he inherited his father's literary skills is an interesting point. Because no HSDS has ever paid homage to the part in Lu Liu Manor where ZWJ comments on the beautiful calligraphy that he sees hanging on the wall. ZM is actually the calligrapher, yet she hints that ZWJ would probably be better, seeing as his father was known as one of the most accomplished scholars in Wulin. This part in the novel is memorable to me, because I feel ZM is trying to have a dig at ZWJ, and from my impression of 'reading between the lines', it is a rather sad instant, because it reminds ZWJ of how little time he spent with his father, so that he could learn writing skills from him.

I like how the ZWJ/ZM interactions are playing out. Development is always sweeter and more interesting than love at first sight.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    僧人派 is not as ridiculous as 他们派! What the heck is "their sect"?? The censorship board's simply unbelievable. This is probably the thing which irks me most about the new adaptation.
    Why is there no problem with Wudang, Kunlun and all that?

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    Thank you so much for the links yin_shen_quan and mingfeiwalex
    You're welcome!

I'm just wondering why DVD owners have not yet mass-uploaded the entire thing online. Not that I blame them...if I had the DVD set I would have gone into hermit mode and watched the whole thing through before resuming interactions with the outside world.
    Last edited by yin_shen_quan; 11-02-09 at 09:58 PM.

I really loved ZWJ-ZM scene in Lu Liu manor! From the fight scene(very detailed choreography) to the underground dungeon scene (ZM was so cute and funny! I loved ZWJ's serious and upset expressions!). I think this is the BEST one among other adaptations!

Does anyone has streaming clip links for that ZWJ-ZM scene in Lu Liu manor in Lawrence Ng-Gigi Lai's version, AdamCheng-LizaWang's version, and MaChingDao-YipTong's version? Just want to compare^^ I have the other 3 already.

Before HSDS2009, my favorite ZWJ-ZM fight scene in Lu Liu manor, was the JetLi-ZhangMin's version. I think the zither's cords attack by ZM was cool^^

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post

Whether he inherited his father's literary skills is an interesting point. Because no HSDS has ever paid homage to the part in Lu Liu Manor where ZWJ comments on the beautiful calligraphy that he sees hanging on the wall. ZM is actually the calligrapher, yet she hints that ZWJ would probably be better, seeing as his father was known as one of the most accomplished scholars in Wulin. This part in the novel is memorable to me, because I feel ZM is trying to have a dig at ZWJ, and from my impression of 'reading between the lines', it is a rather sad instant, because it reminds ZWJ of how little time he spent with his father, so that he could learn writing skills from him.

I like how the ZWJ/ZM interactions are playing out. Development is always sweeter and more interesting than love at first sight.
    If I remember correctly, HSDS 1986 has ZWJ complimented ZM on her calligraphy. I can find it in youtube for you, but it's in Vietnamese though

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Why is there no problem with Wudang, Kunlun and all that?
    Shaolin and the Shaolin temple have been registered trademarks in mainland china since 2005. The head monks at Shaolin probably don't wanna see their school to be cast in negative light as in Jy's novel, thus they didn't give the filmmakers of this Yttlj series the authority to use the word Shaolin.

Any idea when English subtitles would be up?