Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1743

Thread: Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2009 《倚天屠龙记》 - Deng Chao, Ady An, Liu Jing

Quote Originally Posted by caranglc View Post
    Really Really how did he "delcare his love " for ZM which episode as i have not finish watching can you please tell me?
    I think he does it in several episodes...

click to show/hide spoilers
    1. The first time is after the Snake Island Incident where XX is telling ZWJ to marry ZZR. As ZWJ is being hesitant, ZZR mentions that if it was Zhao Min he would definitely agree.

And then there's this ZWJ voice-over where he agrees that if it was ZM he would have immediately agreed.

2. The second time is when they are in the old couples house that's near Shaolin. They have some lovey-dovey scenes there.

And on that note, whatever happened to the old couple?

3. The third time is near the end when ZZR forces ZWJ to confess who he loves the most and after he does you see that ZM is tied up on a tree behind him.

4. And the last time (that I remember) is at the end, right before ZZR monster-pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2 View Post

1. The first time is after the Snake Island Incident where XX is telling ZWJ to marry ZZR. As ZWJ is being hesitant, ZZR mentions that if it was Zhao Min he would definitely agree.

And then there's this ZWJ voice-over where he agrees that if it was ZM he would have immediately agreed.

2. The second time is when they are in the old couples house that's near Shaolin. They have some lovey-dovey scenes there.

3. The third time is near the end when ZZR forces ZWJ to confess who he loves the most and after he does you see that ZM is tied up on a tree behind him.

4. And the last time (that I remember) is at the end, right before ZZR monster-pops up.
    Wasn't there once more?
    When ZWJ took ZM to meet XX, but XX and ZZR has gone from the inn. Then ZM said something like "You look relieved now. So you're so worried that your godfather will kill me. Why is that? Is it because you love me??" and ZWJ said "yes, yes, yes! So??!" and ZM said happily, "Then, I'm so happy to hear that!".

Pls correct me if I'm wrong

And really thank you for your post, j2j2j2! I didn't know about ZWJ's thoughts in that ep, as I skipped ZZR scenes most of the time

Btw, so what is ZWJ's reason in this version to marry ZZR, since it seem like it's clear and he know it himself that ZM is the one he loves from the beginning? In the novel and previous adaptations, ZWJ had feelings for ZZR too, so its easier to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    Btw, so what is ZWJ's reason in this version to marry ZZR, since it seem like it's clear and he know it himself that ZM is the one he loves from the beginning? In the novel and previous adaptations, ZWJ had feelings for ZZR too, so its easier to understand.
    I don't really understand ZWJ's reason for marrying ZZR. There seems to be none in existent...

My guess would be..
    1. ZWJ is grateful to ZZR for helping him, so that puts her in a favorable position.
    2. The awkward glances between them sort of shows that they are attracted to each other.
    3. On Snake Island, XX persuaded ZWJ to agree to marry ZZR 'cos he needs to touch her to neutralize the poison. Moreover, ZM had killed Zhu'er so he have to give up how he feels for her.

And so ZWJ decided to marry ZZR. =/

Did I miss anything?

That sounds a bit flimsy, but that's the general idea I got. They didn't even have many scenes together!

when wuji and zhaomin were going to the inn to meet xiexun in ep. 30, he did not say that he loved her.
    zm asked if zwj was afraid that his godfather would kill her. zwj replied that he wasn't hardened enough to see that happening, and asked 'so what?' zm said she was really happy to hear that from zwj cause previously she had never been sure if zwj treated her with sincerity

the part where zwj first told zm that he loved her is in ep. 34.
    after the wedding was stopped by zm, zwj went with her to find xiexun. zm asked if zwj regretted leaving zzr behind, zwj said he felt ashamed of that but did not regret. zm asked if it meant zwj loved her a bit more than he loved zzr. zwj said that, to zm, he both loved and hated, but to zzr, he both respected and feared.

Quote Originally Posted by limeic View Post
    Aww... That's such a pity. ZWJ and ZM looks really sweet from the stills.
    They also cut away the scene where ZM chances upon ZZR behaving intimately with ZWJ (when he's comforting ZZR after she confessed to him all that she did) and leaves with a broken heart, making ZWJ realize that he loves and cannot live without her. I remember reading an article where Ady briefly describes the filming of this particular scene- ZM runs away after seeing ZWJ hugging ZZR and hides somewhere to cry.

The old couple were supposed to be killed by ZZR, who also made an unsuccessful attempt on ZM's life while ZWJ was away in Shaolin but they didn't show it in this series. Probably due to lack of screen time again, or perhaps to also lessen ZZR's sins and make her less "evil" (like the 2003 version).

There's also another scene where ZWJ reassures ZM of his love for her- right before the very last scene, when ZWJ and ZM were looking down at the clouds from Mt Wudang. ZM asks ZWJ whether he is really willing to give up his Ming Sect leadership status and ZWJ replies that he would rather lose all he has in the world than to lose her (ZM). I actually find this particular scene the sweetest of all the ZWJ/ZM romantic scenes. A pity the mood was destroyed by the silly scene which came right after it.

Despite all the lovey-dovey scenes b/w ZWJ and ZM in here, I actually find ZWJ less "in-love" with ZM in here as compared to the 2000 and 2003 adaptations. In the previous versions, it was very obvious that ZWJ had chosen ZM and only felt guilt towards ZZR after the wedding scene. In this version however (before the scene where he admits to ZZR that the woman he truly loves is ZM) ZWJ still seems somewhat in conflict as to whether he loves ZM or ZZR. I thought ZWJ looked extremely heartbroken and somewhat devastated during the Shaolin scene where he learns from ZZR that she has "married" SQS. He just kept looking at ZZR with sorrowful eyes and refused to budge even when Zhou Dian tried pulling him away.

Even though ZWJ is less romantic and less mesmerized by the women in this adaptation, its apparent that he has feelings for ZZR but he loved ZM more. Like past adaptations and the novel, he agrees to marry ZZR because:

1. On snake island, because ZZR was also poisoned, ZWJ had to help heal her and to do that, he had to physically touch her body which was an inappropriate act in traditional times. Hence, XX requested for them to get engaged so that ZWJ could heal her without any worries/restrictions. Being the obedient and filial godson, ZWJ had to cater to XX’s requests.

2. Worried that ZWJ might go back on his promise to marry her, ZZR constantly used emotional blackmail on him to voice out her insecurities. To put her mind at ease, ZWJ promised that he’ll marry her once they find XX.

3. ZZR returns to E’mei in anger after she spies on ZWJ behaving intimately with ZM at the inn. The Ming Sect members are worried that their leader might put their sect in jeopardy if he ends up with ZM. Hence, they advise him to quickly marry ZZR, reasoning that it’ll be an advantage to Ming Sect if they alliance with E’mei. To put pressure on ZWJ, they get ZSF and the Wudang Heroes to support the marriage too.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Wasn't there once more?
    When ZWJ took ZM to meet XX, but XX and ZZR has gone from the inn. Then ZM said something like "You look relieved now. So you're so worried that your godfather will kill me. Why is that? Is it because you love me??" and ZWJ said "yes, yes, yes! So??!" and ZM said happily, "Then, I'm so happy to hear that!".

Pls correct me if I'm wrong
    I'll need to recheck the scenes once I get the DVDs but I do remember something like that. However it might have played out like forgot password mentioned below

Oh, and I remember another scene now.

In addition to saying he loved her, he also says she has to "repay" him for breaking up his wedding.

When she asks what she needs to do, he says she has to marry him and have a lot of his kids...

And she immediately replies, in a semi-serious tone, that she has to ask her dad first!

Yeah, I agree with limeic's points.

It was somewhat flimsy but it seemed more like he was doing it out of "honor" since he had to touch her to heal her and also because his god-father wanted it that way... and mainly because he thought he could never be with ZM anymore.

I think the issue with this version is that it never showed "tender" ZZR and ZWJ scenes in the beginning.

I know in some versions they have him save her from the Batman and stuff like that.

But in this version he sees her once, then the next time they meet she stabs him.

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    the part where zwj first told zm that he loved her is in ep. 34.
    after the wedding was stopped by zm, zwj went with her to find xiexun. zm asked if zwj regretted leaving zzr behind, zwj said he felt ashamed of that but did not regret. zm asked if it meant zwj loved her a bit more than he loved zzr. zwj said that, to zm, he both loved and hated, but to zzr, he both respected and feared.
    Haha! I remember that scene now.

And her reply was really cute.

She said she would rather ZWJ love and fear her, while he respects and hates ZZR
    Last edited by j2j2j2; 11-12-09 at 08:32 AM.

Can we possibly hope for a directors' cut version of HSDS? Even a longer one will be good.

Haha! I remember that scene now.

And her reply was really cute.

She said she would rather ZWJ love and respect her while he hates and fears ZZR
    haha, imo, of all the flirting-after-the-wedding scenes between Zwj and Zm to date, the one in this series is the best.
    Zm's waggish voice and expression when she said 'i prefer that you love and fear me, but respect and hate her' are very cute. I also like it when she posed as the Jade emperor and slickly replied Zwj with giggles: 'Ok, I sentence you two to be a happy married couple, have a healthy child, reach old age together, become immortals after death, and never live apart.'

There is really chemistry between Dc's Zwj and Ayx's Zm, too bad several other scenes between them got edited out. I hardly buy discs containing TV series, but if they sold the director's uncut version of this series I would order without a second thought.

Does anyone know when HSDS will get to North America? I remembered I was able to get LOCH08 5 months after it started airing, but I have a feeling it wasnt the official set...

ps: ROFL at j2j2j2: "He has to save her from the Batman"!
    *sigh**shakes head* look at what the Chinese entertainment industry has done to American comic book heroes...

Is it just my computer, or does realplayer and downloadhelper not work on baidu cause you dont get the full episode and only a short 4min or so 1?

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    haha, imo, of all the flirting-after-the-wedding scenes between Zwj and Zm to date, the one in this series is the best.
    Zm's waggish voice and expression when she said 'i prefer that you love and fear me, but respect and hate her' are very cute. I also like it when she posed as the Jade emperor and slickly replied Zwj with giggles: 'Ok, I sentence you two to be a happy married couple, have a healthy child, reach old age together, become immortals after death, and never live apart.'

There is really chemistry between Dc's Zwj and Ayx's Zm, too bad several other scenes between them got edited out. I hardly buy discs containing TV series, but if they sold the director's uncut version of this series I would order without a second thought.
    I like HSDS 2003 version for this dialogue, when Alec Su and Allysa had their meal and they left the table with ZM asked ZWZ about y he affraid of her..then next they were in the room and ZWZ said something like in the spoiler..and then ZWZ hug ZM and laughing 2gether...so cute...

i like when ZM ask ZWZ to suck her wound again and just pretending it was hurt and ZM just enjoy that moment and never i saw in other version something like this sooooooooo cuteee...

and does anyone notice that in this version after the wedding tragedy ZWZ look more happy not like in other version when ZWZ still a lil bit angry at ZM in the beginning.

Previous there's a discuss about y ZWZ merri ZZR now i want to ask all of y ZM stop the wedding i mean plz it's like gambling...she think ZWZ will follow her i mean just a hair of XIe XUn ckckckck...if i'm ZWZ no way i'll follow her just because of that golden hair n not saying anything to ZZR. or ZWZ just had a reason to go due actually he's not ready to mery ZZR.

Last question, b4 the wedding there's a scene Fan Yao n ZWZ.wat r they talking about.. i don't understand really is it necesery to have this scene..the 3rd edition novel has this scene?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    They also cut away the scene where ZM chances upon ZZR behaving intimately with ZWJ (when he's comforting ZZR after she confessed to him all that she did) and leaves with a broken heart, making ZWJ realize that he loves and cannot live without her. I remember reading an article where Ady briefly describes the filming of this particular scene- ZM runs away after seeing ZWJ hugging ZZR and hides somewhere to cry.
    yeah i was wondering about scene! when i was watching it online, it cut straight to ZWJ looking for ZM with not explanation at all, and i though id missed something. guess not. shouldnt that be considered a pretty important plot point and have been left in?!

Quote Originally Posted by yin_shen_quan View Post
    Does anyone know when HSDS will get to North America? I remembered I was able to get LOCH08 5 months after it started airing, but I have a feeling it wasnt the official set...

ps: ROFL at j2j2j2: "He has to save her from the Batman"!
    *sigh**shakes head* look at what the Chinese entertainment industry has done to American comic book heroes...

I think it might be awhile, yin_shen_quan because someone told me Jiang Hu subbing team will be taking on this project. And they're really good, but they need time to get good copies of the series and then of course, the process of subbing is lengthy work. they have quality subs, so it might be worth the wait. you can watch them raw first?

Quote Originally Posted by ilsunjo View Post
    ...and of course they just had to use "Tian Xia". Off the top of my head, I cannot think of a series/movies which has *not* been fanvidded using "Tian Xia"....not that I'm complaining. It's a very compelling song

Quote Originally Posted by autuymnrain View Post
    I think it might be awhile, yin_shen_quan because someone told me Jiang Hu subbing team will be taking on this project. And they're really good, but they need time to get good copies of the series and then of course, the process of subbing is lengthy work. they have quality subs, so it might be worth the wait. you can watch them raw first?
    Thanks for your reply, Autuymnrain!

As much as I admire Jianghu's work, I prefer to watch series in their pure form. I've had bad experiences with subs done by others (at the end of the 2003 HSDS: "READ THE NOVEL...I know it's gay but...just read it") and subtitles are rather distracting and take away from the authenticity of the series'.

So raw is good! Anyone know when the raw DVD sets are coming to North America?

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    yeah i was wondering about scene! when i was watching it online, it cut straight to ZWJ looking for ZM with not explanation at all, and i though id missed something. guess not. shouldnt that be considered a pretty important plot point and have been left in?!
    I guess its not that crucial a scene for those who are familiar with the story. But they could have at least made it more explicit that ZZR was the one who captured ZM or those unfamiliar with the story might wonder why on earth did ZM disappear and how did she end up being hidden and having her accupoints sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by may june View Post
    and does anyone notice that in this version after the wedding tragedy ZWZ look more happy not like in other version when ZWZ still a lil bit angry at ZM in the beginning.
    I agree. In the other adaptations (and the novel too if I remember correctly), after ZM regains consciousness, ZWJ asks her why must she force him to be such a despicable cad (referring to abandoning ZZR). In the 2000 version, he actually tells ZM that she had better let him go back and complete his marriage rituals with ZZR.

Previous there's a discuss about y ZWZ merri ZZR now i want to ask all of y ZM stop the wedding i mean plz it's like gambling...she think ZWZ will follow her i mean just a hair of XIe XUn ckckckck...if i'm ZWZ no way i'll follow her just because of that golden hair n not saying anything to ZZR. or ZWZ just had a reason to go due actually he's not ready to mery ZZR.
    That’s why ZM is considered highly intelligent and able to read the characters/minds of others accurately. She knows the person who ZWJ is most preoccupied/concerned about at that moment in time was XX so she used that as a backup plan to stop the marriage (if the plan of merely using her 2nd request on ZWJ to stop the marriage failed- which it did and ZM was probably already expecting it). Of course, she had to provide evidence that she really knew where XX was and that was why she tried so hard to attain that lock of hair. It’s quite apparent as well that ZWJ was not 100% keen on marrying ZZR and might have been glad to escape the marriage using XX as an excuse. ZM might or might not have calculated that but she was aware that ZWJ had feelings for her.

I suppose one could view ZM’s actions as either a brave gamble or a perfectly well thought-out plan since it wasn’t clearly stated which one was it but given ZM’s intelligence and the fact that she appeared precisely before the couple took their vows, I would go with the latter idea. I also suspect that she was killing 2 birds with 1 stone- stopping the marriage and ensuring that it would never happen for she clearly knew ZZR’s character and probably calculated that if she succeeded in making ZWJ leave the ceremony that day, ZZR would not forgive him, what more hold the wedding on a later date.

Last question, b4 the wedding there's a scene Fan Yao n ZWZ.wat r they talking about.. i don't understand really is it necesery to have this scene..the 3rd edition novel has this scene?
    Fan Yao was telling ZWJ that he feels that the latter is actually most compatible with ZM (not ZZR) and having watched ZM grow up, he knows that although she’s smart, cunning and ruthless, she’s also a straightforward and heroic lady. When ZWJ seeks his opinion on whether ZM is true in her feelings for him, Fan Yao tells him that he knows ZM’s character well and that she’s definitely honest and faithful to him.

Wise Fool

It’s quite apparent as well that ZWJ was not 100% keen on marrying ZZR
    I actually LOL-ed when ZM came to the wedding, but ZZR tried to ignore her and continue with the wedding, but ZWJ held her arm back

Fan Yao was telling ZWJ that he feels that the latter is actually most compatible with ZM (not ZZR) and having watched ZM grow up, he knows that although she’s smart, cunning and ruthless, she’s also a straightforward and heroic lady. When ZWJ seeks his opinion on whether ZM is true in her feelings for him, Fan Yao tells him that he knows ZM’s character well and that she’s definitely honest and faithful to him.
    Woo, I didn't know that! Thank you very much, ss. This version really favors Zhao Min alot! XD ZJZ or whoever the scriptwriter is must be a big fan of ZM and despises ZZR character^^;

Its really nice that this version's Fan Yao really thinks like that, as it seem like Yang Xiao and Fan Yao in the novel doesn't like ZM.

Btw, I remember in the novel, there was a part towards the ending, where ZM and ZZR actually got a long for awhile, and when ZWJ met the Ming people and was about to talk to them, ZM grabbed ZZR's hand and said "Let's go somewhere else" as to let ZWJ talk to the Ming guys freely and Yang Xiao was thinking, "Since when those two become close?" or sumthin like that. Did this scene appear in this version? I was skipping most of the time, so maybe I missed it XD

I actually LOL-ed when ZM came to the wedding, but ZZR tried to ignore her and continue with the wedding, but ZWJ held her arm back
    Actually I think ZZR wasn’t trying to continue with the wedding, but instead, had another one of her jealousy fits and wanted to run off in anger so ZWJ had to hold her back. I don’t really like this action because it makes ZZR seem really petty and small-minded (the previous ZZRs were tensed up and pissed but they still tried their best to maintain composure). To tell the truth, I don’t really like the wedding scene in this adaptation cause I don’t feel it was tensed or dramatic enough (though its still better than the Taiwan version which imo, was exaggerated to the core). Although the 2003 version was overly-dramatic and slightly inaccurate to the novel, I personally loved how GYY portrayed ZZR’s hurt and anger after ZWJ decided to leave. I think the 2000 version still has the best wedding scene- all 3 main leads did really well, even Charmaine (her performance in that particular scene was probably the best out of all her scenes in the series)

Its really nice that this version's Fan Yao really thinks like that, as it seem like Yang Xiao and Fan Yao in the novel doesn't like ZM.

Btw, I remember in the novel, there was a part towards the ending, where ZM and ZZR actually got a long for awhile, and when ZWJ met the Ming people and was about to talk to them, ZM grabbed ZZR's hand and said "Let's go somewhere else" as to let ZWJ talk to the Ming guys freely and Yang Xiao was thinking, "Since when those two become close?" or sumthin like that. Did this scene appear in this version? I was skipping most of the time, so maybe I missed it XD
    No, that scene did not appear in this adaptation. I too think its quite nice that they made Fan Yao fond and understanding of ZM in this version (especially since her father and brother seem almost non-existent in this series which btw, is a huge disappointment). It actually makes sense for Fan Yao to know ZM well since he’s been with her family ever since she was a baby and ZM always shares with him her true feelings because she thought he was a mute and could keep secrets for her.

Wise Fool

No, that scene did not appear in this adaptation.
    Actually, it did.

YX and all came to talk to ZWJ about their rebellion against the government. ZZR and ZM are with ZWJ, and ZM did took ZZR away to let them talk freely. However, there were no inputs from YX about how they were getting along.

Yet, the exact same thought was running through my mind when I was watching that scene - "When did they start getting along so well?".