Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1743

Thread: Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2009 《倚天屠龙记》 - Deng Chao, Ady An, Liu Jing

ZZR isn't bad looking like in the pictures. The Guang Ming battle was just okay, not spectacular. However, it was interesting to see the Er Mei disciples threw their swords toward ZWJ.

HZY as xiao zhao is really cute and pretty. i like her portrayal! i think it really fits XZ's book description (based on what i read about her in the forums, i never read HSDS)
    and im really like DC too! the version of ZWJ he's portraying is indeed very likeable
    and im really glad ZZR looks so much better in action than in pictures. i kinda like her now. ady is just gorgeous, hopes she gets more screen time soon!

Just a warning, there is an "episode 21" on 56.com (http://www.56.com/u97/v_NDczOTEwNzg.html) but the name is misleading. It is actually one of the earlier episodes (ep 2 or 3)

On the recent few episodes:

Xiao Zhao is great. Her interaction with Deng Chao's ZWJ is spot on with how I have generally imagined their relationship to be. Speaking of Deng Chao, thus far its one of the better ZWJ interpretations. He seems less whiny and more in command compared to some of the previous takes. The first few Zhao Min scenes I really liked. It showed her ruthlessness during that scene on the road but also the flirty playful side with the fake zombie in the trap chamber. The fight scenes have also gotten better. The Brightness Peak one was pretty disappointing, but the ones at Wudang so far have been pretty good. I would like to make special note of YBH because this version and specifically the relationship between her and YLT is probably the best I've seen in any version.

****ing killed the entire guang ming peak battle!

That is supposed to be the best most exciting piece and he ****ing ruins it.

i understand he wants to minimize it since it steals the rest of the series thunder, but **** that just killed it!

Hmm I didn't think the guang ming ding battle was so bad... not amazing but not bad... I enjoyed it at least and didn't forward through it like I did the parents scenes. Maybe bc I am comparing it to the other versions of hsds, and none of the GMD battles wowed me really so I didn't expect as much as everyone else did.

I was happy with Ady's second entrance, the one I consider the official one. She played the part well, and the dungeon scene was not as bad as I thought, the pics had me worried. I was hoping for an hsds marathon, but looks like only the first 20 eps are out. I wonder how long they are going to wait when the last half will be out... I hope they don't wait until the show ends or is near ending before releasing them... Although I do think that would be the smart thing to do for ratings. If they do wait, I won't have new eps to watch until Mon... sad.

I finally saw and heard the full versions of the main and subthemes. I thought the missing parts were really best parts of the songs. I like them better now. I like the subtheme, but Ady's singing is kind of weak... the guy in the song is much better.

what title is the song?
    i wanna listen to..

the fight on guangmingding isnt bad but not great. BUT the fight on wudangshan is amazing!! dengchao is doing a nice job with all the martial art moves... looking very good and with the special effects AWSOME!! better than any previous versions i watched!

Ady is doing a nice job with zm so far, although i kinda feel a lot of similarity between her zm and alyssia chia's.
    MiNgFeIwAlEx

Much as I don't like alyssia chia she is definitely better looking than ady.
    As for this ZZR I think ZJZ deliberately cast an actress not as gorgeous as GYY so as not to steal the series from Ady as GYY nearly did. Also, it makes it easier for viewers to accept ZWJ pairing with ZM as this ZM is prettier than ZZR. And also, this ZZR is not like the GYY version who as someone mentioned was placed in a victim's role, making some viewers very sympathetic towards her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingfeiwalex View Post

Ady is doing a nice job with zm so far, although i kinda feel a lot of similarity between her zm and alyssia chia's.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Much as I don't like alyssia chia she is definitely better looking than ady.
    As for this ZZR I think ZJZ deliberately cast an actress not as gorgeous as GYY so as not to steal the series from Ady as GYY nearly did. Also, it makes it easier for viewers to accept ZWJ pairing with ZM as this ZM is prettier than ZZR. And also, this ZZR is not like the GYY version who as someone mentioned was placed in a victim's role, making some viewers very sympathetic towards her.
    I didn't like Alyssa's ZM portrayal (despite her being one of my favoured actresses at that point), but I think Ady looks better than Alyssa. She has that pride and charisma down pat. Not commenting on acting yet, as I haven't seen the series.

I didn't like GYY's 'poor me' portrayal either. But then, that's scripting and director responsibilities. Everybody liked GYY/ZZR because she was prettier than Alyssa/ZM? Heck, that's reflecting poorly on the audience. I'd like to think the people who watch Wuxia series think a little beyond superficial appearances, at least, think about the fighting. Alas, HSDS03 didn't do too impressively in the fighting department either.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi6
    I hope they don't wait until the show ends or is near ending before releasing them... Although I do think that would be the smart thing to do for ratings. If they do wait, I won't have new eps to watch until Mon... sad.
    Well, HSDS is very blessed compared to another Ady series I'm watching at the same time (Happiness, Next Stop). I have to wait for only 1 episode every Sunday! At least HSDS is broadcasted 2 episodes everyday. Interestingly, I'm currently much more happier with HNS than HSDS. Recently read the HNS novel and still utterly hooked on the drama. That of course may change when there is more of Ady/ZM in the series.

Can't wait until midnight...when extra broadband kicks in so I can watch some HSDS!

Actually the fight at Brightness Peak was better than I expected, perhaps because of my lowered expectations after reading the criticisms earlier on. I only wished they didn't cut out the fight scenes ZWJ had with Huashan and Kunlun Sect. I thought the part where ZZR stabbed ZWJ was pretty alright and Liu Jing is surprisingly good in the Guangming battle scenes. Was not that impressed with ZZR initially, given that she appeared much too commanding, cold and "evil-looking" in her first few scenes but she gradually displayed her soft and demure side, especially after knowing ZWJ's real identity. Liu Jing looks a lot better on screen though I still don't find her ZZR as beautiful or stunning-looking as the past ZZRs. Nonetheless, her acting is surprisingly good for a newcomer and Liu Jing's ZZR seems quite natural- even more so than GYY's and Charmaine's, who were both pretty stiff in the earlier bits.

Just finished ep 19 and 20 I really like the Lu Liu Manor and Wudang scenes, which are really the highlight of the series imo so far. This adaptation has the most beautiful Lu Liu Manor and probably the most graceful ZWJ/ZM fight scene. The Wudang fight scene is even better- grand, majestic-looking and pretty nice fight choreography.

Was initially afraid ZM would end up overly cute and silly in the dungeon scene (especially when her dubber sounds very similar to the person who dubbed Alyssa's ZM- whose voice I really disliked) but I thought Ady balanced ZM's wit, charm and flirty side rather well and managed to inject some humour into ZM as well (thought the part she acted "dead" and mocked ZWJ with a strangled voice while calling out to her servants was quite funny). The only part I wasn't very impressed with was the overly long and dramatic scene of ZWJ hoisting a spinning ZM in air, applying pressure on her feet and forcing her to give in to him. Was initially stunned by the way they portrayed this part when I saw the pics but its actually alright in action, though too long, which made it appear somewhat silly.

Really like Ady's acting in the Wudang fight scene as well; she actually does the best portrayal of ZM in that scene imo- right from the start where she arrives in a grand carriage, her ZM is cold, commands presence and never lets her arrogant guard down. Same for the scene where ZWJ first meets her while she's drinking wine with her men. I really don't seem much similarity between Ady's and Alyssa's ZMs with the exception of the voice. Ady's ZM is far more commanding, arrogant and charismatic, and far less girlish and comical imo. I think Ady's ZM is comparable to Gigi Lai's and may even surpass GG's portrayal imo though GG is prettier. Actually, Ady's ZM reminds me a bit of Sharla Cheung's movie portrayal, which is one of my favourites as well!

Last but not least, I'm really liking Deng Chao's portrayal of ZWJ. He may not be the best-looking ZWJ but his ZWJ has somewhat of a genuine kindness and earnestness in him. DC's acting is very natural and he actually seems very at ease and manages to exude chemistry with almost all of the 4 female leads (with the exception of ZZR for now). I really like the way he speaks- clear articulation with the right amount of emotions for the right scenes. Plus, he actually looks quite good in certain fight scenes.

Thankfully this series picked up (mostly performance-wise) after the disappointing start.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 11-01-09 at 08:53 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    Just finished ep 19 and 20 I really like the Lu Liu Manor and Wudang scenes, which are really the highlight of the series imo so far. This adaptation has the most beautiful Lu Liu Manor and probably the most graceful ZWJ/ZM fight scene. The Wudang fight scene is even better- grand, majestic-looking and pretty nice fight choreography.

Was initially afraid ZM would end up overly cute and silly in the dungeon scene (especially when her dubber sounds very similar to the person who dubbed Alyssa's ZM- whose voice I really disliked) but I thought Ady balanced ZM's wit, charm and flirty side rather well and managed to inject some humour into ZM as well (thought the part she acted "dead" and mocked ZWJ with a strangled voice while calling out to her servants was quite funny). Really like Ady's acting in the Wudang fight scene as well; she actually does the best portrayal of ZM in that scene imo- right from the start where she arrives in a grand carriage, her ZM is cold, commands presence and never lets her arrogant guard down. I think Ady's ZM is comparable to Gigi Lai's and may even surpass GG's portrayal imo though GG's ZM is prettier. Actually, Ady's ZM reminds me a bit of Sharla Cheung's movie portrayal, which is one of my favourites as well!
    Woohoo 22mins to go.

Yes, when I saw the BTS's of Liu Liu Manor, I was swept away. The setting is gorgeous.

That sounds promising. So far, of all the past HSDS adaptations, I haven't been particularly satisfied with any one of them for the ZM/Wudang scene. As much as I adored Yip Tong's portrayal, I didn't even think she performed this part very well - there was a point where she showed doubt too obviously, and sort of 'shot herself in the foot'.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    That sounds promising. So far, of all the past HSDS adaptations, I haven't been particularly satisfied with any one of them for the ZM/Wudang scene. As much as I adored Yip Tong's portrayal, I didn't even think she performed this part very well - there was a point where she showed doubt too obviously, and sort of 'shot herself in the foot'.
    There were bits where ZM was thrown aback and showed displeasure when the Ming Cult members suddenly arrived and when ZWJ defeated her men easily but what I liked was that she recovered quickly and always sought the upper hand by maintaining a calm composure. She just shrugged it off while her men fumed during the part Zhou Dian teased her and asked her to marry ZWJ, while in the '03 version, Alyssa's ZM actually transformed into a blushing schoolgirl and had to have her men wake her up from that moment of fantasy.

Wise Fool

Watched the first 16 episodes. Wow, Deng Chao's ZWJ is really... WOW, haha, I just didn't expect it at all. With a mediocre-looking face, I would have never thought he would have such a great on-screen presence and so charming. And he dubbed his voice himself right? He has such a soothing voice too. This is the first time I ever see Deng Chao, and now I understand what had his fans been talking about. I could totally see how all the women falls for this ZWJ. I think Deng Chao's ZWJ is really on the top there, on par with Tony Leung. No one can beat Tony so far, for me, and I'm afraid DC can really beat him by the time I finished this series.

Actually, I think DC's portrayal of ZWJ suits for Zhang Cuishan more, while Ken Chang's portrayal of ZCS suits for ZWJ more

I'm glad that the first 10 episodes are not as bad as people has said, for me. In fact, this might be the most enjoyable first 10 eps among other HSDS adaptations. None of the other adaptation has done the ZCS-YSS plot right. HSDS86 was not faithful but Simon Yam and Dodo Cheng's portrayal of ZCS/YSS saved it. HSDS03 had the worst one (esp. with Alec Su as ZCS). And well, HSDS94 was beyond worst...

While HSDS09 is quite faithful to the first chapters of the book and I'm happy with that (let's ignore the usual bad editing ZJZ had always done ). Ken Chang is not the best Zhang Cuishan, but then again he only had limited time to improve, but it was passable (minus the hysterical performance in Ep1 though). Wang Yuanke was pretty good as Yin Susu, and I think she has good chemistry with Ken Chang. And what I loved the most, they had followed their first met dialogues closely to the book. Their scenes struggling to save themselves from the icy island was enjoyable to watch too.
    Although appearance-wise, Ken Chang and Wang Yuanke suits ZCS-YSS perfectly like I imagined them when I read the book, for me... Simon Yam and Dodo Cheng of the TVB86 adaptation are still the best portrayals.

I think Shi Lei did an okay job as young ZWJ. If you read the book, the little ZWJ and the grown-up ZWJ DOES has that much difference, like they're different persons, and I think this matter has been discussed a few times before by the book's fans. In real life, our characteristic during childhood can be very different with ours during adulthood too, anyway. I think little ZWJ and little Yang Buhui's scenes were soooo cute!! Loved it alot. They really has the chemistry as brother-sister. I always love ZWJ-YBH's siblings relationship in the book, and this adaptation gave me what I wanted to see from these two^^

I've only seen very little ZM, but I think Ady's ZM is gonna be lovable. I hope she has the best chemistry with Deng Chao among the other ladies.
    Last edited by loislane; 11-01-09 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    I didn't like GYY's 'poor me' portrayal either. But then, that's scripting and director responsibilities. Everybody liked GYY/ZZR because she was prettier than Alyssa/ZM? Heck, that's reflecting poorly on the audience. I'd like to think the people who watch Wuxia series think a little beyond superficial appearances, at least, think about the fighting.
    I completely agree.

Even though GYY was portrayed as a 'victim' she was still pretty crazy/evil/selfish in the end. I think that alone should make people like Zhao Ming more.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    There were bits where ZM was thrown aback and showed displeasure when the Ming Cult members suddenly arrived and when ZWJ defeated her men easily but what I liked was that she recovered quickly and always sought the upper hand by maintaining a calm composure. She just shrugged it off while her men fumed during the part Zhou Dian teased her and asked her to marry ZWJ, while in the '03 version, Alyssa's ZM actually transformed into a blushing schoolgirl and had to have her men wake her up from that moment of fantasy.
    Actually...

赵敏身后众人已轰雷般怒喝起来:“胡说八道!”“住嘴!”“野和
    尚放狗屁!”赵敏红晕双颊,容貌娇艳无伦,神色之中只有三分薄怒,倒有七分腼腆,一个
    呼叱群豪的大首领,霎时之间变成了忸怩作态的小姑娘

The only difference was that in HSDS 03, XuanMing Elders needed to remind Zhao Min.

I'm with you SS!

Actually I find all the settings beyond awesome for most of this series- to the point when sometimes you worry the 'look' of the show is going to overwhelm the acting, plot and everything else.

Wudang in particular is ssoooo beautiful it’s surreal- I LOVE the cinematography… I could watch the time lapse of the sun tracking shadows across the gorgeous walls of Wudang, exquisite clouds bellowing in and out all day- and let's not start on the cloud-filled sunsets and even riding through forests, not to mention the secret passage has never seemed more mysteriously echoing and cavernously romantic.

(As a side-note Xiao Zhou’s beauty is quite astounding… when she stands on the rock, and uses her chains as accompaniment and sings for ZWJ, the special effects of glitter are a little silly, but the concept is great and XiaoZhou and the tunnel couldn’t look more exotic or a sight for sore eyes! )

Word to describe scenery here? Mind-blowing!

Without a doubt the most beautiful Yitian I’ve ever seen… possibly the most beautiful scenery in any serial I’ve ever seen… and it beats nearly all the movies too... I mean I seriously think there are scenes here that give Wong Ka Wai's favorite cinematographer Christopher Doyle a run for his money!
    More later on the plot and characters, but wanted to share what I think is the _most_ professionally done part of this series!
    (Though I think some of the other clumsier bits- editing! some of the dubbing... urggg... ZM's voice!- really marrs what should be a super aesthetically pleasing serial!)

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Actually...

赵敏身后众人已轰雷般怒喝起来:“胡说八道!”“住嘴!”“野和
    尚放狗屁!”赵敏红晕双颊,容貌娇艳无伦,神色之中只有三分薄怒,倒有七分腼腆,一个
    呼叱群豪的大首领,霎时之间变成了忸怩作态的小姑娘

The only difference was that in HSDS 03, XuanMing Elders needed to remind Zhao Min.
    "但这神气也只是瞬息间的事,她微一凝神,脸上便如罩了一层寒霜,向张三丰道..."

ZM was bashful for a split second but she didn't need her men to actually wake her up from her dream and remind her of their mission which I thought completely demeaned her authority and ability.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post
    It's not just him being cheerful and playful, his voice is so stupidly annoying with the wierd bursts of shouting randomly and the ear-piercing shrills and shreaks etc. I was so happy when he "grew" up.

I hope that kids retires from any other wuxia series cause everytime he's on stage, I cringe.
    His voice was not streaky or shrilly in DOMD. I don't know what happen to him if he's really as awful as you guys said. But, his acting was really good in DOMD. A very talented young actor.

I fact, a friend of mine felt DOMD lost its after the kids grew up.

It will be a waste if he retired.
    Last edited by kidd; 11-01-09 at 11:16 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

The only part I wasn't very impressed with was the overly long and dramatic scene of ZWJ hoisting a spinning ZM in air, applying pressure on her feet and forcing her to give in to him. Was initially stunned by the way they portrayed this part when I saw the pics but its actually alright in action, though too long, which made it appear somewhat silly.
    Actually I really liked that part! Did anyone else get a visual flashback of YangGuo and Xiaolongnv? It was really hard to do the dungeon scene without it looking awkward but that moment added gracefulness to it.

Also, right after he let Zhao Min down and she promptly fake collapsed into tears, I really liked how ZWJ briefly reached out to comfort her before he changed his mind and withdrew his hand. It was such a small gesture and Deng Chao made it look very reflexive, as it demonstrated ZWJ's instinctive compassion.
    Last edited by yin_shen_quan; 11-01-09 at 12:07 PM.