Page 69 of 88 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1743

Thread: Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2009 《倚天屠龙记》 - Deng Chao, Ady An, Liu Jing

Quote Originally Posted by icrayray View Post
    Well now that the whole series is out, I'm just curious about what you guys think about this HSDS? Anyone think this HSDS is better than the previous ones? How about the characters?
    This HSDS is decent. I give it 8/10. DC and Ady did an excellent job in their respective role, although I wish ZWJ wasn't so confident. The way certain scenes were done, the way some characters were portrayed, the CG effects, and most of all, the color scheme just irk me. Oh well. My favorite version is still the '86 version. I liked every character portrayal in that version. The bonds, the friendships displayed were heartfelt and sincere. I like ZWJ the way that Tony Leung portrayed it.

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    BXJ as a production was almost perfect just as perfect as XAJH, in my eyes, esp. the fighting scenes really stood out. If not because of the storyline itself, it would've been a tie with XAJH as #1 for me.
    And I really loved Bobby Dou Zhikong (Taiwanese actor) as Yuan Cheng Zhi, I was really hoping that he'd be casted as ZWJ in HSDS09 due to his resemblance to Tony Leung, and his acting skill.

I KNOW!! He really should get those directors back, XAJH is my all-time favorite wuxia series, so far. I'm surprised they never work for him again.

So far, the most loyal guys(directors) to ZJZ are Yu Min and Zhao Jian. But lately after DOMD/Royal Tramp(Huang Xiaoming), Yu Min almost never participate in ZJZ productions anymore. Both Da Tang You Xia Zhuan and Bing Sheng were handled and directed by Zhao Jian (also HSDS), and Yu Min was only the cinematographer in HSDS2009. While I dislike Yu Min's directings, I love Zhao Jian's works, he's really an awesome action director, I'd say, and I hope he has received awards for his fighting choreography

I agree BXJ was underhyped, probably because the novel itself was not too popular, either, but it was really one of the top and better production among wuxia series. I was also surprised when I found out ZJZ directed it himself (with the help of Zhao Jian). Probably because it was only 20 eps.
    i agree! i totally fell in love with dou zhi kong for a long time after i watched BXJ i think he wouldve made a good ZWJ too, but DC was pretty good, so im not complaining. DZK is hot though
    XAJH is my favorite too! it just has this whole atmosphere to it, its so amazing. i think ill rewatch it again now!
    my version of BXJ was 30+ episodes...

yitian MV ( dengchao's action parts edited )

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5daaa9af0100g3gj.html

Quote Originally Posted by ilsunjo View Post
    yitian MV ( dengchao's action parts edited )

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5daaa9af0100g3gj.html
    Excellent MV! Thanks for sharing

guys, does any of you know who dubbed Zm's voice in this series? i really like her lively and cute voice, which is easily the best Zm's voice i've heard. Zhang min's voice was a bit coarse, while Alyssa's was oversweet.

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    guys, does any of you know who dubbed Zm's voice in this series? i really like her lively and cute voice, which is easily the best Zm's voice i've heard. Zhang min's voice was a bit coarse, while Alyssa's was oversweet.
    Her name's Ji Guan Lin. She's a professional dubber who dubbed many well-known screen characters including LYF's XLN in ROCH'06, Lin Chiling's Xiao Qiao in "Red Cliff", SFF's Princess Ah Jiu in BXJ and many more. Interestingly, she also did the dubbing for Liu Jing's ZZR in this series which means she did the dubbing for both female leads.

Here's her profile:
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/2229788.html

IMO, she's probably one of the best dubbers I've heard because she manages to sound so different across characters and she always does a mighty fine job with articulation, emotions and intonation. The best i've heard from her is for LYF's XLN which really helped enhance the latter's portrayal a lot!

On a side note, the person who dubbed Alyssa's ZM also dubbed Ady's Lin Yueru in CP.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

How about Xiao Zhao? Does anyone dub her voice? I really like XZ voice in HSDS 09. It's just so sweet and soft

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Her name's Ji Guan Lin. She's a professional dubber who dubbed many well-known screen characters...
    This is fascinating and I really wonder if there was a drama featuring her how it would turn out.

Personally I feel that Chinese entertainment must move away from this shoot-first/dub-later mentality if they truly want to improve their quality.

Because it seems like they feel they can cover up a bad actor's acting by using a good voice actor.

Her name's Ji Guan Lin. She's a professional dubber who dubbed many well-known screen characters including LYF's XLN in ROCH'06, Lin Chiling's Xiao Qiao in "Red Cliff", SFF's Princess Ah Jiu in BXJ and many more. Interestingly, she also did the dubbing for Liu Jing's ZZR in this series which means she did the dubbing for both female leads.

Here's her profile:
    That's fascinating. My hat's off to her...she's a true professional. And she looks quite pretty even with minimal makeup in her baike profile picture. I'd be curious to see her in a series.

I hope she's still around when China's animation industry takes off in ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2 View Post
    Because it seems like they feel they can cover up a bad actor's acting by using a good voice actor.
    But sometimes an incredibly good actor just has a voice that doesn't fit, like Zhou Xun in LOCH2003 (from what I'm told...haven't watched it).

Which terrible actors are we talking about?
    Last edited by cfensi1; 11-09-09 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cfensi1 View Post
    But sometimes an incredibly good actor just has a voice that doesn't fit, like Zhou Xun in LOCH2003 (from what I'm told...haven't watched it).
    In LoCH03, I believe both Li Yapeng and Zhou Xun dubbed their own voices. It was in XAJH01 that Li Yapeng's voice was dubbed by another person.(sadly i love the voice in xajh better than his real voice XD)

In LoCH03, I believe both Li Yapeng and Zhou Xun dubbed their own voices. It was in XAJH01 that Li Yapeng's voice was dubbed by another person.(sadly i love the voice in xajh better than his real voice XD)
    Right...I meant that Zhou Xun, despite being an inarguably fantastic actress, has a voice that supposedly didn't quite fit Huang Rong.

In which case, dubbing sometimes is useful.

I finally finished the whole thing last night!

ZJZ just couldnt resist squeezing in a mini-epic battle in there huh? The rainbow cannons were pretty.

The final bit was a bit strange. First of all, what are they doing on a yurt and where were they going? I thought they retire to Fire and Ice Island? And I had hoped to see more of Yang Buhui and Yin Liting, since they seemed to have the best chemistry of all the other YBHs and YLTs *sigh* oh wells....

But I actually didnt mind ZZR popping in after the end (I guess since I've known about it for half a week now and had time to come to terms with it). Her tone was rather playful rather than malicious, so it seems like she was just joking. It seems like she has come to terms with what she did (she wasnt psychologically unstable anymore) and acknowledged ZM and ZWJ's relationship. Also, after they parted with Zhu'er, ZZR didnt really say anything, so it was hard to know what her stance is on the whole situation. Rather than leaving the audience to worry about what mischief she is up to and that she's at large somewhere out there, it's good to get some closure.

BUT I dont think she should have had the last say, and I dont think the last shot should have been ZWJ's annoyed and ZM's "WTH?!" expressions. It would have been better for ZWJ say something dignified to end the series, have ZZR pop back out and have the last frame focused on ZWJ and ZM back to their calligraphy, or maybe even zoom out to show that gorgeous Mongolian scenery.

*shrugs* The ending could have been worse. I watched HSDS03 with subs and the end in its original form was perfect. ZWJ and ZM were looking over the ocean on Fire/Ice Island and were planning the futures. But when they're done talking, a message from the subber pops out. It says something like "Thank you for watching, I hope you enjoyed it"...and then "READ THE BOOK. I know it's gay, but just read it." So I kind of know how ZWJ and ZM felt when ZZR popped up

Haha...so....it couldve been worse

Now there's nothing to do but wait for the DVDs to make their way to North America
    Last edited by yin_shen_quan; 11-09-09 at 06:01 PM.

Her name's Ji Guan Lin. Interestingly, she also did the dubbing for Liu Jing's ZZR in this series which means she did the dubbing for both female leads.

Here's her profile:

On a side note, the person who dubbed Alyssa's ZM also dubbed Ady's Lin Yueru in CP.
    Thank you sunnysnow, i also found similarities between Zm's and Xiao Qiao's voices but could never think that they were done by the same dubbing actress. Dubbing both Zm and Zzr? lol, that was really teh unthinkable to me cause while liking Zm's voice a lot i dislike that whiny & self-pity voice of ZZr's.

Quote Originally Posted by cfensi1 View Post
    I can see how her voice might not have fit what most people think her character's voice should sound like, but after a few episodes I felt it fit Zhou Xun's portrayal perfectly.

Zhou Xun depicted a much more mature and yet still sly Huang Rong and in the end her voice really added to the character.

Which terrible actors are we talking about?
    I'm thinking of cases like Liu Yi Fei in RoCH. Despite her voice actor being really good, Liu is just a really bad actress. So there was a huge disconnect between the voice and her body actions.

~~~~~~~

Also, I guess on a more a more philosophical note, can a person be a good actor if we don't even hear their real voice?

I can't imagine any Hollywood actors getting away with that. And I don't see this in Korean or Japanese entertainment either.

So it annoys me that sometimes Chinese media companies will just casually get a pretty looking face and think they can compensate the lack of acting ability with a good voice actor.

Of course sometimes it works out great, like in the case of Ady in this series. But then I feel like I'm not a complete fan of hers, rather I'm a fan of her + her voice dubber.

Oh, and this was even worse when I grew up watching Mandarin-dubbed HK films. I remember the first time I watched a Stephen Chow movie in the original Cantonese and I was shocked by his voice. I simply didn't recognize him and his trademark laugh at all. It was actually quite disheartening...

Anyway, I guess I'm off topic now. I'm just glad that Deng Chao wanted to do his own voice

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2 View Post

Of course sometimes it works out great, like in the case of Ady in this series. But then I feel like I'm not a complete fan of hers, rather I'm a fan of her + her voice dubber.

Oh, and this was even worse when I grew up watching Mandarin-dubbed HK films. I remember the first time I watched a Stephen Chow movie in the original Cantonese and I was shocked by his voice. I simply didn't recognize him and his trademark laugh at all. It was actually quite disheartening...

I know what you mean. I am in awe for actresses/actors who can manipulate their voices and change their accents.

For Ady, I think she had a Taiwanese accent and I guess for the sake of consistency and the ancient feel, the director preferred her voice to be dubbed over
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Why are wuxia series nowadays are dubbed, exactly? During TVB Golden 80s and the 90s, they always use their real voices during filming. Are they just too lazy to use the mic during filming or something?

Japan never use dubbing voices for their period dramas and movies. (I dunno abt Korean ancient series, though, never watched them)

IMO, she's probably one of the best dubbers I've heard because she manages to sound so different across characters and she always does a mighty fine job with articulation, emotions and intonation. The best i've heard from her is for LYF's XLN which really helped enhance the latter's portrayal a lot!
    i agree, i think XLN's voice was half of the role practically! it made her sound so mature and completely fit the role. im impressed by this woman, as i really like ady's voice as well!
    agreed again. i was so disappointed when i watched LOCH 03 cause LYP sounded so stupid, i was like, wth? i think one of the reasons i really liked him in XAJH was because of his nice voice! it made him sexier for some reason. and then i watched LOCH and i was like...ew

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    agreed again. i was so disappointed when i watched LOCH 03 cause LYP sounded so stupid, i was like, wth? i think one of the reasons i really liked him in XAJH was because of his nice voice! it made him sexier for some reason. and then i watched LOCH and i was like...ew
    I like his deep voice in LoCH 2003, the only problem is the way he speaks. And his dubber in XAJH - yeah, definitely enhances the role.

Back to topic: I've been watching HSDS 2009 very slowly, no thanks to my connection, and so far I like Xiao Zhao and Yin Li better than Zhao Min and Zhou Zhiruo (who looks like someone's aunt instead of a potential love interest...this version is really biased toward her, which makes me do sadface because Zhiruo is a favorite character of mine). The scene where Xiao Zhao leaves for Persia is the most memorable compared to the same scenes in previous versions.

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2
    Haha It's stuff like this that has always made me wonder if Xie Xun was Russian, because how many Chinese people do you see with blond hair?
    Hmm...never thought of that. No, I don't think blond hair is exactly a dominant gene among Asians .

That being said, I think "Chinese" is a little too diverse to have one type of "look." Even if you limit it to just Han Chinese, it's just too broad.

So I didn't really mind that they found Chinese actors to play those foreign parts. Though, like others have mentioned, it would have been nice for them to speak their "native" language a little when by themselves.
    Touche. Although, when I refer to 'Chinese' idealistic beauty, I mean the ancient ideals: ying tao shaped lips, half-moon styled eyebrows, gua zi shaped jaw, pale skin (which seems even nowadays, is very prized...I hear Malaysia and Singapore sells a lot of 'skin whitening' products, and we see the persistence of Chinese actresses to keep the sun off their skin for primarily cosmetic reasons). So, there is a noted literary/historical standard.

I think it intriguing but probably costly for the crew to train their actors and actresses in a new language. Not everyone can learn a new language quickly enough to incorporate it seamlessly into their acting. Have you seen Firefly? They had all actors mangling through a few Mandarin terms (because the timeline was in the future where they assumed the merge of cultures of the 2 major China and American superpowers).

Wow, HSDS09 ZM and ZZR was dubbed by the same person! Sensational. They sound so different. Although, I wasn't particularly impressed with ZM's voice when she was being insecure. I like Kitty Lai's insecure voice over HSDS09 ZM.

I don't know about LYF/XLN. I liked the whole performance, from looks to voice to acting (probably in the minority here...taking note of that Wuxialover ).

I definitely thought XZ's voice was inappropriate for HR, then again, she didn't put 100% in her performance, so that may've influenced it for me. I've seen her perform at a much higher calibre than HR.

Quote Originally Posted by yin_shen_quan
    The final bit was a bit strange. First of all, what are they doing on a yurt and where were they going?
    I actually never thought of that. My impression was that ZWJ never gives up his position as Ming leader, and ZM is just following along. Then, it wouldn't make sense for them to be travelling in a yurt, because that's a purely Mongolian practice, and Ming would despise that. If the couple were on their way to leave to a quiet dwelling, they wouldn't be so grand about it by travelling in something so eye catching.

I think, yin_shen_quan, you have pointed out the biggest boo boo in HSDS09.

But I actually didnt mind ZZR popping in after the end (I guess since I've known about it for half a week now and had time to come to terms with it). Her tone was rather playful rather than malicious, so it seems like she was just joking. It seems like she has come to terms with what she did (she wasnt psychologically unstable anymore) and acknowledged ZM and ZWJ's relationship. Also, after they parted with Zhu'er, ZZR didnt really say anything, so it was hard to know what her stance is on the whole situation. Rather than leaving the audience to worry about what mischief she is up to and that she's at large somewhere out there, it's good to get some closure.
    That's an interesting way to look at it, even though I have never viewed ZZR as a playful/joking kind of personality (unless of course she was truly tipped over the edge). It seems more like something ZM would do.

But when they're done talking, a message from the subber pops out. It says something like "Thank you for watching, I hope you enjoyed it"...and then "READ THE BOOK. I know it's gay, but just read it." So I kind of know how ZWJ and ZM felt when ZZR popped up
    What a way to finish one's subbing! I think I would never be game to comment that the novel of an adaptation I have just subbed is "gay". Although, saying that any of Jin Yong's novel is "gay" is rather a gay (as in the actual, positive meaning of the word) attitude to take to literary comment .

I think I'll pass reading all the pages here .

I think Jiang Hu will be subbing this series too, right ?