Thread: How to delete album art on a music file?

Default How to delete album art on a music file?

I have a few mp3 files that has album artwork on them and was wondering if it is possible to permanently remove them . Whenever I put the song onto itunes the album artwork would appear. I remove the artwork on itunes but there are times when I delete the song and then re-add it to itunes, the album artwork would appear again. Do I need some sort of program to delete them? Anyone know?

Thank you for the link atlantean but I tried what was suggested on it but it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by botan View Post
    Thank you for the link atlantean but I tried what was suggested on it but it didn't work. Any other suggestions?
    Nope, I will try the suggestion later on, in case if its work, ok . It's the same also with Winamp is it, where the album image is displayed and you want to delete that image?

it's the ID tag V2, get an ID tag editor and delete that image.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Sorry, I already tried all the suggestions but I also failed. I will try it with more option later on .
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 12-10-08 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Sorry, I already tried all the suggestions but I also failed. I will try it with more option later on .
    my suggestion above will work, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    it's the ID tag V2, get an ID tag editor and delete that image.
    Does that mean I will have to download a program for that? I was trying to avoid installing any additional programs onto my computer but if there is no other way then I guess I will have to. Do you have one to recommend that is free?
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    Let me know if the other option works, if not then it is okay. Thank you so much for all of your efforts though.

Does that mean I will have to download a program for that? I was trying to avoid installing any additional programs onto my computer but if there is no other way then I guess I will have to. Do you have one to recommend that is free?

Let me know if the other option works, if not then it is okay. Thank you so much for all of your efforts though.

Yes, any mp3 id tag program will work, I'm old school, I don't use ID tag, but most of the new mp3 players now a day use it.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

I try this but dunno how to use it, there is no option to load the image or deleting the image:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...g-Editor.shtml

or is it, just delete all ther ID tag altogether. From extra reading, it seems that the image is downloaded from the net when the .mp3 song loaded in the player and stored somewhere in a hidden folder. Even though you found and delete the image, the player will always re-download it using the ID3TAG info.

So maybe deleting the ID TAG altogether will do it, so that the player doesn't have any info where to download the album art. I will try it when I go back home tonight.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 12-12-08 at 11:56 PM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Yeah, that's it, load the .mp3 in the tag editor, click ID3 TAGS, click the Remove ID3Tag button and delete all - v1 and v2

Thank you so much for your help atlantean!

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Yeah, that's it, load the .mp3 in the tag editor, click ID3 TAGS, click the Remove ID3Tag button and delete all - v1 and v2
    There is no need to remove the whole tag from an mp3 as it could contain some valuable data about the track. You can just remove the images from the tags. There are some utilities that can do that. For instance, the free program called "Taghycardia" is able to remove art from mp3s in a batch mode. The process is rather simple and takes a few clicks to complete.

Use Mp3tag a freeware: download

Install.
    Select the mp3 on Mp3tag, delete the album one by one or;
    Select a batch of mp3 files, go Actions=> Actions(quick)=>Choose Remove fields=> Enter picture => Press ok and all album art deleted

I used to use TagScanner to edit my music files' tags. It works really well.
    But now I use Music Bee as my music player and it has tag editing features so I got rid of TagScanner.

With both you can add and remove album art.

I second using TagScanner. I use it myself to add album art and lyrics.