Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Split: Vivian Chow and Joe Nieh

I never liked Joe for Vivian anyways. I always felt Vivian was the flower that got stuck on a pile of cow manure.

Is there a picture of Joe in his prime or 20 years ago? The pictures I've seen of him has been like some old frog with Vivian as Chang E.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Apparently, it also started when Joe and Viv were dating and Canti and Viv were doing a series together for TVB. In an intreview, some reporter asked Canti what he thought of Viv and if he would ever go and pursue Viv. So Canti honstly said Viv was very pretty and he might pursue the same type of girl as her. So expectedly, the reporters flamed up this rumour about Canti secretly in lovewith Viv, which got Joe jealous.

Now, Joe was one of the founder of the [YES] magazine in HK at teh time, which was very popular with the teens in the 90's. He also writes this column weekly in the magazine and he chose to focus his columns on Canti Lau. He made up all kind of stuff like Canti loved to go and visit cheap prostitutes, then not pay the prostitutes, steal stuff, be a peeing tom, etccc.... So as guillable as HK teens are, they believed those stuff abotu Canti and started boycotting his work and wrote letters to harass him in the YES magazine. Joe actually nicknamed him "Tumour Ming" (Duk Lau Ming) cos of a character he played had a family history of tumour in the heart of something.

So, Canti's short lived career ended in 1994 and he moved to Taiwan. He was living very dismally for a while as no one dared to sign contracts with him cos the YES magazine influenced eventually moved to China. But Canti's doing average now. Not very popular yet he still gets roles. But haven;t seen him in the last few years. He has a wife and kids now. Happily married.

Joe is such a cheap jerk. Yes, Joe is talented and handsome, but what a thing to do to someone who just started out their career? Canti wasn't even pursuing Viv. He just admitted that he wouln;t midn to marry a girl like Viv. Can't believe Viv still stuck by Joe after Joe did that to her friend. I mean Canti is so nice, If I was him, I would have sued Joe for slander and libel.

I have to question Viv's judgement and intelligence. Take in to mind that during that time, Joe was two-timing her with Monica Chan.

So angry now!

Thanks for the info! I didn't know that.. Gosh, Joe is such a jerk then. I wish Canti could have sued him. I can't believe someone nice like Vivian would like Joe so much and stay with him all these years. I am glad that Canti is happily married now and can live a peaceful life. I remember seeing him on TV at a promotion for his CD in Taiwan years ago and he seemed to be doing well. I wish that Vivian and Canti were a couple in real life since I felt that Canti is a nicer guy and is more decent. What goes around comes around, so Joe will get what he deserves one day....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I heard that he didn't want to have kids with Vivian until they were married so Viv ended up with no kids at all cos he showed no commitment. So she spend most of her time on dogs instead. Poor Viv!
    He didn't want to have kids with Vivian?? I can't believe that she stayed with him then... One of the big reasons people are in relationships are because they want to get married and eventually have kids. IF a guy/girl is the way that Joe is, that is a good sign to wave him good-bye....VIvian is over 40 now so it will be harder for her to have kids even if she wanted to have some... I think she should have dumped Joe years ago.... I like Vivian and all, but must say that it is partly her own fault for staying with a guy like Joe all of these years without getting married.

I honestly don't think Joe looks that great. Even if he did, look at some aspects of his personality?? I don't find that appealing at all....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Newest from the media:
    Judging from the wording and tone of Chow's unsigned statement, it was suspected that Nieh wrote the whole thing and published it himself to force Chow to recognize the split. That way he can free himself from the aging Chow and get half of her assets at once. By putting "judging my honey is bad; you public are to be blamed" in Chow's mouth, he hopes to salvage his image.

I actually think this is very possible. The attitude (or lack of) in Chow's statement just seems way too twisted and outrageous - "my partner is absolutely QUALIFIED to make that mistake" What the hey?! Is that what a psychologically normal woman will say in defence of her cheating partner?

Nieh has been the boss of "Yes!" Magazine and has had much experience in playing dirty media tricks to manipulate public opinion (think Canti). The thing that's out of his calculation is: his tricks are outdated. In any case, however, Chow proves to be a weak appeasor.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

So complicated..... but I'm very certain of this one thing..... Joe Nieh is the founder of all A-holes. One despicable scumbag!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Newest from the media:
    Judging from the wording and tone of Chow's unsigned statement, it was suspected that Nieh wrote the whole thing and published it himself to force Chow to recognize the split. That way he can free himself from the aging Chow and get half of her assets at once. By putting "judging my honey is bad; you public are to be blamed" in Chow's mouth, he hopes to salvage his image.

I actually think this is very possible. The attitude (or lack of) in Chow's statement just seems way too twisted and outrageous - "my partner is absolutely QUALIFIED to make that mistake" What the hey?! Is that what a psychologically normal woman will say in defence of her cheating partner?

Nieh has been the boss of "Yes!" Magazine and has had much experience in playing dirty media tricks to manipulate public opinion (think Canti). The thing that's out of his calculation is: his tricks are outdated. In any case, however, Chow proves to be a weak appeasor.
    Thank you so much for the news, but GOSH... Joe is truly a scum if this is indeed true. I don't believe that he would be doing this. Honestly, my mom isn't too shocked and she predicted this happening ever since Vivian left the circle. She said that Vivian is very talented and had a bright road ahead of her so why would she suddenly leave like that? My mom was saying that it was really stupid of her to throw her career away because of Joe. I mean, IF he was a good guy and all then I guess it would not have ended up so badly. However, look at what it has become now?? Don't tell me that Vivian has wasted all of her youthful years being with such a jerk. I guess we cannot turn back the clock now. I hope that Vivian comes back to the circle and builds up her career again and maybe she will find a better guy to spend the rest of her life with. That way she can forget this whole ordeal... I used to think that Vivian had a great and perfect life, but I guess not.... This is really sad and I hope it doesn't turn into a major tragedy.

I just checked her official site, Vivian Chow's place and noticed that they did not mention any of this at all. Hm.. I wonder if Vivian is trying to avoid this topic or does she even know that Joe did all of this?? I wonder?? I also question her judgment too... sigh...Lets see if we really do find out what is true and what isn't?
    Last edited by Trinie; 12-15-08 at 02:05 AM.

I wonder what his dad really think of this issue. I've only read in one article that said his response was "I don't know the woman and I don't interfere in my son's affairs".

I like his dad as a writer and a survivor (he suffered a lot when he was young). Have read some of his Wisely novels.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Canti Lau's response to the Vivian/Joe split.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJZx4D-VWB0

Wonder what he was signing. Has he released a new album?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Canti Lau's response to the Vivian/Joe split.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJZx4D-VWB0

Wonder what he was signing. Has he released a new album?
    Thanks for the link but youtube said that the video is no longer available...I wonder why?? how can Joe's dad not know Vivian? Gosh, is he becoming a jerk like his son too(sorry don't mean to offend anyone who likes his dad)? I wonder why he said that he doesn't know Vivian? Or was he referring to the one that Joe may have had an affair with?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Thanks for the link but youtube said that the video is no longer available...I wonder why?? how can Joe's dad not know Vivian? Gosh, is he becoming a jerk like his son too(sorry don't mean to offend anyone who likes his dad)? I wonder why he said that he doesn't know Vivian? Or was he referring to the one that Joe may have had an affair with?
    The video is still there. Maybe your connection to utube is slow. Sometimes, when utube takes too long to retrieve the video, it will say video is no longer available.

Found the news article liao.
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum/Joe-N...alk607721.html

When Nieh's father, famous author Nieh Kuang, was asked of his son's Adam's sin, he says, "I don't know that lady, and I never interfere in his business."
    Last edited by kidd; 12-15-08 at 03:01 AM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I never liked Joe for Vivian anyways. I always felt Vivian was the flower that got stuck on a pile of cow manure.

Is there a picture of Joe in his prime or 20 years ago? The pictures I've seen of him has been like some old frog with Vivian as Chang E.
    LOL, I don't have a clue about what you guys talking, dunno much about HK entertainment industries - but this post is so fierce and funny - cow manure and frog - hahaha

In another article, Ni Kuang 倪匡 was very unhappy with the statement. Quote: "Why should there be a split statement? It's only proper to have a statement if they are getting married."

In another light, Athena Chu 朱茵 is far wiser than Vivian Chow. When she found out that Stephen Chow was fooling around, she just left him and moved on. That was over 10 years ago. Now she seems happy with Paul; at least he shows no sign of being another Stephen Chow or Joe Nieh.

Girls nowadays are no longer solely dependent on men for survival. They are lucky enough to have the conditions/ability to choose to leave cheap jerks. Exercise your luck and right.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

I think he's most likely referring to that other woman Joe was kissing.

In another article, Ni Kuang 倪匡 was very unhappy with the statement. Quote: "Why should there be a split statement? It's only proper to have a statement if they are getting married."

In another light, Athena Chu 朱茵 is far wiser than Vivian Chow. When she found out that Stephen Chow was fooling around, she just left him and moved on. That was over 10 years ago. Now she seems happy with Paul; at least he shows no sign of being another Stephen Chow or Joe Nieh.

Girls nowadays are no longer solely dependent on men for survival. They are lucky enough to have the conditions/ability to choose to leave cheap jerks. Exercise your luck and right.
    I thought that Athena Chu and Paul broke up a long time ago. Did they get back together or something? I heard that Paul is a very nice guy so hope that he and Athena are happy together. I think Vivian should not waste anymore time and move on before she gets too old.

I thought that Athena Chu and Paul broke up a long time ago.
    I don't think so?! They appeared as a couple at Ada Choi's wedding not long ago...

I don't think so?! They appeared as a couple at Ada Choi's wedding not long ago...
    Really? I heard they broke up awhile ago but who really knows?? I am glad that they are still together then...
    Last edited by Trinie; 12-16-08 at 12:07 AM.

I only heard rumors of them getting married in October... Can anyone else confirm??

I thought that Athena Chu and Paul broke up a long time ago. Did they get back together or something? I heard that Paul is a very nice guy so hope that he and Athena are happy together. I think Vivian should not waste anymore time and move on before she gets too old.
    i think they are still together. I wonder if they are married now.

now if the rumors are true, then Paul has "held out" ever since he met her because she doesn't believe in premarital sex. This could be one reason why Stephen Chow strayed.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

She's a virgin? Hmmmm.....didn't she do some like CAT III film in the past?

Athena starred in the movie Rape II but she never did nude scenes.

I guess whether she's still a virgin only concerns herself and Paul. Ironically, Nieh once openly teased Paul's "holding out" on his own talk show. I recall Paul later responded sth like "Nieh is naive and talks from rumours". Obviously, Nieh himself has trouble "holding out" even for a day.

My guess though is that Paul and Athena are long married.