Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 光阴的故事

Yay! Another fan!

Indeed, though the series is set in a neighborhood of mishmash background brought together by displacement. But the characters are vibrant and real and in many ways timeless.

It's an awesome ride!

my heart breaks sadly,tao ma gets weaker and weaker by the day...dunno how long she could last...

i love the sun family! each member is just so natural and lovable in their own way!
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

OMG! ep 47!!!
    so touching! With Yimei and Fubang both worrying about their relationships

at the end
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!
    They did it! What are they gonna do!?

tao be: wo bu gan xin
    tao ma: ni bu gan xin? na xia bei zi, lai zhao wo..
    tao be: bu zhi shi xia bei zi, xia xia bei zi, xia qi ge bei zi dou zhao ni...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ctv.com.tw/event/2008/timestory/images/cast02_2.jpg')

omg! heartbreaking scene...goodbye tao ma..we will miss you
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ctv.com.tw/event/2008/timestory/photo/080.jpg')
    Last edited by big master; 02-09-09 at 10:44 AM.
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

i like this pic..

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ctv.com.tw/event/2008/timestory/photo/193.jpg')
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

xu yi yuan

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ctv.com.tw/event/2008/timestory/photo/206.jpg')

zhu lei

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ctv.com.tw/event/2008/timestory/photo/091.jpg')

yi mei is indeed luckier than qian...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ctv.com.tw/event/2008/timestory/photo/084.jpg')
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Thanks for the thoughts- I'm only at 20, so in fact I'm barely over the fact that Fubang is not going to be Yi Mei's boy! (Though I did think that Yi Mei and Fu bang are quite suited to each other as well... but I think Yi Yuan is cuter!)

The great thing about this serial though is that one is involved in all the characters, not just the major ones involved in the teen romance!

(I love Yi Mei's father the best right now of everyone- he's soooo sweet! )

I agree that displacement is a big issue here- it is very cute that the whole village is basically made up of those who've lost their homes and families trying to make a new home and new community here!

My preference for female leads really has turned topsy-turvey over this series!

Usually I like tough, smart women, but for some reason, I find Qian annoying- perhaps it's the role (she just gets to look bored and grumpy a lot) or it is the acting (sadly I think the actress, while pretty, has a limited emotional range onscreen and limited chemistry with her co-stars).

Usually I find none-too-smart, loyal women a little boring- but Yi Mei is super-endearing! She has her strengths and flaws, is charmingly straight forward in her thinking, looks at the world from a simple, but loving point of view, plus she has such a beautiful relationship with her family and friends, and is brilliantly comic at points! I'd give half the credit to the writers and more than half the credit to Tammy Chen- she really has great chemistry with her co-stars. (I would say that she is matched nicely by the actress for her mom, and the actor for her dad... but I'm still a little uncertain about how good the actor for Yi Yuan is- cute, but he hasn't yet proven himself on the chemistry with co-stars front!)

Another great character is the village 'crazy'- Pai Xiong's mom. She is such a touchingly home-sick character- and, while very confused, sometimes has the most remarkably clear insight into situations!

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    My preference for female leads really has turned topsy-turvey over this series!

Usually I like tough, smart women, but for some reason, I find Qian annoying- perhaps it's the role (she just gets to look bored and grumpy a lot) or it is the acting (sadly I think the actress, while pretty, has a limited emotional range onscreen and limited chemistry with her co-stars).

Usually I find none-too-smart, loyal women a little boring- but Yi Mei is super-endearing! She has her strengths and flaws, is charmingly straight forward in her thinking, looks at the world from a simple, but loving point of view, plus she has such a beautiful relationship with her family and friends, and is brilliantly comic at points! I'd give half the credit to the writers and more than half the credit to Tammy Chen- she really has great chemistry with her co-stars. (I would say that she is matched nicely by the actress for her mom, and the actor for her dad... but I'm still a little uncertain about how good the actor for Yi Yuan is- cute, but he hasn't yet proven himself on the chemistry with co-stars front!)

Another great character is the village 'crazy'- Pai Xiong's mom. She is such a touchingly home-sick character- and, while very confused, sometimes has the most remarkably clear insight into situations!

ah yes. yi mei's character is definitely lovely. qian is too strong yet too weak imo. she tends to distant herself from people but in reality, she is the one who actually needs the most affection.

as for yi yuan, i have to say he matches really really well with yi mei...u wil undestand as you go on with the show
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

So much heartbreak in the Tao family- listening to Tao baba talk about Fuhua's childhood after Fuhua got sick, seeing Fubang suffer with Qianqian, it is all very sad.

Through it all, the person who I'm super impressed with is actually Pai Xiong! He's sooo sweet, sticking by Fubang and with the Tao family through thick and thin, and promising that he will one day make the best dumplings and beef noodles (at which point Tao baba says "We'll see when you make dumplings that are round") Heart breaking all- but what a friend!

Zhu Lei is also a great friend and patient person- I actually feel sorry for him- all his ideas about dealing with Qian's problems are pretty practical, but no one really listens to him. He's forever apologizing for his venemous mom and sister- while he himself turned out to be warm, kind person. Too bad he never got the chance even to tell Yi mei about his since-childhood crush on her!

One of the best things about this serial and why it doesn't feel draggy at all even 35 episodes into it, is that you care about ALL the characters- even the smallest ones!

One of the best serials I've seen in awhile, and definitely the best Taiwanese serial I've ever seen- thanks again for the superb recommendation everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    So much heartbreak in the Tao family- listening to Tao baba talk about Fuhua's childhood after Fuhua got sick, seeing Fubang suffer with Qianqian, it is all very sad.
    yes it is so sad because each member if the family is actualyy very helpful but they suffer the most they even gave a big big sum of their savings to pai xiong since they treated him as their own son.

Zhu Lei is also a great friend and patient person- I actually feel sorry for him- all his ideas about dealing with Qian's problems are pretty practical, but no one really listens to him. He's forever apologizing for his venemous mom and sister- while he himself turned out to be warm, kind person. Too bad he never got the chance even to tell Yi mei about his since-childhood crush on her!

he'll have his chance
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

finale today!!!
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Nice and happy ending. Though it's clear that they stuffed lots of recap in the past 10 eps so that they can get the extra 1.5 eps at the end.

I'm concerned that they're making a sequel. I hope they do a entirely different story of different people rather than keep digging a well till it's dry. Maybe I'm being too negative ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by auroragb View Post
    Nice and happy ending. Though it's clear that they stuffed lots of recap in the past 10 eps so that they can get the extra 1.5 eps at the end.

I'm concerned that they're making a sequel. I hope they do a entirely different story of different people rather than keep digging a well till it's dry. Maybe I'm being too negative ^^;

haha yea true..i was thnking maybe they will repeat tammy's character agen yi mei = duo mei haha and fu bang = yong an hahaha i hope its somethng new and fresh hehe
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Wow- lots of changes in the last couple of episodes!

I'm a little miffed at Qianqian- she's being very unfair on Paul.
    click to show/hide spoilers

I was shocked at her shouting at him over the phone "I don't give a damn if you don't come to see the baby. Just give me money!" Gosh, afterall she decided to marry him, shouldn't she at least give the marriage a chance? And everyone says how Paul is mean to her because he didn't come to visit her after her baby, but it sounded like it's the one who didn't want it. Also she told him _after_ the baby was born that the baby wasn't his... he even said "I would take care of the baby, but why didn't you tell me? Didn't you think that I wouldn't notice?! What were you thinking?" Sure it's for her family and a sacrifice for her, but it's hardly fair to poor Paul who seems so earnest!

Like the actor for Fubang though, and his character, of all the main characters he shows the most character development- Yi Mei, though very sweet and very adorable, doesn't get to change as much. Yi Yuan is cool, and cute, and has awesome lines, but the actor doesn't engage me as much. (I have a bad feeling that poor Nini is barking up the wrong tree though.)

My prediction is actually for a happy ending for FB and Qian, even if I don't think she deserves a happy ending, at least FB does! And I guess you can't argue with a baby...

Zhu-lei is a sweet-heart, and Pai Xiong is the nicest guy in town!

But, actually in general like the older generation better than the younger generation in general- they're super awesome people! Feel bad for Tao Mama and Tao baba now... ....

Love Feng Mama.... she's such an adorable character... even if slightly mad... still she's insightful, cool and even slightly clairvoyant!

Also really like Sun Mama... she's awesome! Not to mention Sun granddad... he's the coolest guy in the show for sure- very direct, very down-to-earth and very touchingly tough-on-the-outside-soft-on-the-inside, and willing to do what it takes! Well... maybe Sun baba comes close to being the coolest!
    Last edited by yanfeng; 02-27-09 at 10:35 AM.

Awww.. FB and his mom are sooo cute! And Tao Mama and Tao baba are super sweet too- eeeee! )

And I like Nini... ... hopefully she and FB will work out afterall.. I'm undecided at this point since it seems like FB is committed, even if he still loves Qian. Hmm... not sure how I feel on behalf of Nini.

Edit: Okay, I change my mind, Nini is pretty crazy. Sigh.... oh well, too bad, she was a decent character until now.
    Last edited by yanfeng; 02-27-09 at 10:24 AM.

FB and Yi Mei are cute too... it's very funny and moving how good they are to each other! I guess I still think it's a pity they didn't end up together, they're kind of the same type of people and seem awfully sweet together... plus I think the actor for FB is very dynamic, and expressive. Convincing whether as a ruly never-grown-up kid, or as a responsible soldier, and fabulous in his chemistry with his co-actors/actresses. A good match for Tammy Chen I think!

But gosh the scene where Yi Mei has her revelation with her family but stays is the best scene of the series! I love Sun baba's coming in to say "If lao ba (old father) asks you to stay, would you?" (Sniff!)

I know this series is turning into a bit of a weeper, but oddly I'm still enjoying it... though I usually hate weeper serials! I guess the story feels genuine and real, and you learn to love the characters!
    Last edited by yanfeng; 02-27-09 at 09:32 AM.

nini's character gets worse by the day!!! i hated her! she was always upset! what a spoiled brat!!!

oh yes and i agree..i actually feel sorry for paul...he seems rather sincere....
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Paul was basically the convenient rebound guy. Nini was the rebound girl, so it's got to work that way...

Quote Originally Posted by auroragb View Post
    Paul was basically the convenient rebound guy. Nini was the rebound girl, so it's got to work that way...
    haha true... but if i were to chose, id say that Paul seems better than nini..nini was plain selfish!

by the way, i happened to see on tv that tammy and megan has a new movie entitled 爱到底. it seems like a romantic comedy. cast also include ken, fan wang and some others i alredi forgot...
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油