Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 光阴的故事

Default 光阴的故事

Anyone watching this? It is being aired in CTV Mon to thurs

It stars Tammy Chen Yi rong and Meggan Lai ya yen

The other casts are not so popular but the show is really very good!

i really like how everyone from the village treat each other like family!

Tammy's character ( Sun Yi Mei) is so adorable!

The ending theme by zhang zhen yue and lin xin yi (hui dao guo qu) is also very nice to listen to.

http://blog.yam.com/timememory
    Last edited by big master; 02-09-09 at 10:47 AM.
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Yep! I'm also watching this series.

I'm only up to episode 15, but so far, the series is completely brilliant!!

I'm also loving Tammy's character. I'm a big Rainie fan, but Tammy is just brilliant at playing the baka much better than Rainie's forced attempt

Quote Originally Posted by auroragb View Post
    Yep! I'm also watching this series.

I'm only up to episode 15, but so far, the series is completely brilliant!!

I'm also loving Tammy's character. I'm a big Rainie fan, but Tammy is just brilliant at playing the baka much better than Rainie's forced attempt
    exactly! i never really liked tammy before. i got tired of her soberness in lavander. she started to be better in world heroes finest. she was fine in kid from heaven. but she is lovely in guang yin de gu shi! she also has a very good chemistry with shi yi yuen's character
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

i love this show! the story is simple but you'll never expect what will happen next..

i love the scene when sun ma reminisces her and sun yi mei's moments together..it was very touching..i hope that even if yi mei finds out that she is adopted, their relationship as a family still wont change...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ctv.com.tw/event/2008/timestory/photo/175.jpg')

by the way, pai xiong adn zhu hong actually has a good chemistry..funny how both don't look attractive but they seem to be a good pair...
    Last edited by big master; 02-09-09 at 10:33 AM.
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

OMG, really?!
    I should catch up. Still on ep 24... But I'm taking it slow because I want to always know that there is more coming than going nuts refreshing HL site.

I'm concerned now that it might take the path of some of the TW soaps that goes to the hundreds of eps. I hope that it can be brought to a decent conclusion in 40 or 50 eps

OMG, really?!
    I should catch up. Still on ep 24... But I'm taking it slow because I want to always know that there is more coming than going nuts refreshing HL site.

I'm concerned now that it might take the path of some of the TW soaps that goes to the hundreds of eps. I hope that it can be brought to a decent conclusion in 40 or 50 eps

its really good actually. i love the sun family! i like the dad...he is such a great dad and i like xu yi yuen..

i hope pai xiong wil really be w zhu hong...they actualy pair up well..but pai xiong is still unsure of his feelings

yea i hope it wont drag...keep our fingers crossed
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

I'm getting worried at ep 30. I think they are adding chars to stretch it out ...

I'm getting worried at ep 30. I think they are adding chars to stretch it out ...
    where r u watchng it? ctv or dvd? coz i dunno what chapter i am in right now hehehe..i watch it on ctv...the additional characters are just guest characters, i think
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

I'm in US. so, I'm watching it on youtube. They're pretty up to date though (up to ep 40 so far). I'm just taking my time :P

I'm hoping that the newer chars, like Qianqian's younger sister that just showed up, and Zhu Lei's girlfriend, are just guest spots and not recurring.

What made me concerned is that the arc now is the current (ep 30) missing person arc. When you have missing people arc, that is often a warning sign that this is a filler and are running out of main arc plots.

One thing disappointing is the time travel. ~ep 29, it mentioned entering 1983. It means that 1-29 was pretty much 1982. One of the key cultural icons of 1982 was Chu Liu-Xiang. Chu Liu-Xiang was also CTV, and led to the HK TV invasion. It was hardly mentioned in it. Instead, they were watching Yi Dai Gong Zhu, which was a HORRIBLE 1986 series

Just went to the CTV forum on the series and found a few things:

Blog links of all the main chars
    http://bbs.ctv.com.tw/viewtopic.php?t=108432

Blog link of the writer
    http://maghsu2007.spaces.live.com/blog/

And there should be between 48-52 eps, so we're heading into the end game

Just went to the CTV forum on the series and found a few things:

Blog links of all the main chars
    http://bbs.ctv.com.tw/viewtopic.php?t=108432

Blog link of the writer
    http://maghsu2007.spaces.live.com/blog/

And there should be between 48-52 eps, so we're heading into the end game
    ah yes...i saw the one which will be aired after this one in ctv..its an old japanese drama..doesnt seem good haha
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

got some interesting news...

did u know that paul (bao lo) is sun mama's hubby in real life? got shocked when i first heard the news from a friend of mine hehehe..
    i think paul was some sort of an english professor in taiwan or sumthng bfore they got married last 2005
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Any pics of the cover or just pics in general?

Went on a little hiatus for the CNY shows

Just got back to watching it again

Up to ep 38 now

Was there a hiatus last week? The most recent ep is still 44.

Just saw the romance blossom between Zhu Hon and Pai Xiong XD

Also saw Paul's lightning courtship of Suzy... It's not gonna end well

Kind of funny seeing Yi Mei criticize Paul about being a hairy ape. She's effectively criticizing her mom's husband! XD XD XD

Also saw Yi Mei's dad perform in CCTV's CNY eve gala. A real shame it's hard to get that material in the US

edit: here is the official blog:http://blog.yam.com/timememory
    has quite a few pictures
    edit2: even better list of pictures http://www.ctv.com.tw/event/2008/timestory/photo.htm
    Last edited by auroragb; 02-01-09 at 06:08 PM.

Went on a little hiatus for the CNY shows

Just got back to watching it again

Up to ep 38 now

Was there a hiatus last week? The most recent ep is still 44.

Just saw the romance blossom between Zhu Hon and Pai Xiong XD

Also saw Paul's lightning courtship of Suzy... It's not gonna end well

Kind of funny seeing Yi Mei criticize Paul about being a hairy ape. She's effectively criticizing her mom's husband! XD XD XD

Also saw Yi Mei's dad perform in CCTV's CNY eve gala. A real shame it's hard to get that material in the US

edit: here is the official blog:http://blog.yam.com/timememory
    has quite a few pictures
    edit2: even better list of pictures http://www.ctv.com.tw/event/2008/timestory/photo.htm
    yea i almost tot that it alredi ended n i missed it..but it resumed telecast today..yi mei's new haircut was hilarious!
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Word is that the last ep will be ep 54 on Feb 17

omg zhu lei!!!!
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Hi guys,

Thanks for the superb introduction- it really is an awesome series!

I understand a little bit of hokkein and that makes the Grandfather the most hilarious and adorable person! Also love the Sun family father (he's soooo sweet- and so tender to his family!) and mom (she was so nice to the crazy lady... that was pretty touching how she spent all day pretending to be the crazy lady's mom!)

It is a very lovely tale of life in a very tightly knit provincial town... maybe a little bit glossing over the hardships and pettiness that affects any community, but it's a very fun script... loved the voice over that explains Yi Mei as a child's point of view- that child actress rocks!

Ok, only on episode 4 and already hooked!

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the superb introduction- it really is an awesome series!

I understand a little bit of hokkein and that makes the Grandfather the most hilarious and adorable person! Also love the Sun family father (he's soooo sweet- and so tender to his family!) and mom (she was so nice to the crazy lady... that was pretty touching how she spent all day pretending to be the crazy lady's mom!)

It is a very lovely tale of life in a very tightly knit provincial town... maybe a little bit glossing over the hardships and pettiness that affects any community, but it's a very fun script... loved the voice over that explains Yi Mei as a child's point of view- that child actress rocks!

Ok, only on episode 4 and already hooked!
    honey, it keeps on getting better i find this series different from other series..probably bec of the setting and the era?
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Yeah, for sure- it's getting better!

It's amazing that the series manages to make me miss a childhood in a place, and a time and a country I've never even _been_ in, nevermind grown up in!

I suppose it's the universal nostalgia people have for their childhood, adding to that the fact that I associate hokkein-speakers with growing up (and boy do I associate myself with not being entirely able to communicate with my grandparents because my hokkein is lousy!) It all reinforces the blast of feeling I get whenever Grandfather Sun comes into the picture, or when one of the characters bursts into Hokkein to get a particularly lucid or flowery concept across! Who doesn't miss the sounds and inflections of a language one used to hear all the time but doesn't anymore?

The series is filled with down-to-earth hilly-billy characters who manage to be more than caricatures, along with the skillful interweaving of stories that constantly surprise you with their quirks and silliness, and bursts of self-sacrifice and warmth... it's hard to say if I laugh more or sniffle more when watching this show, but it certainly is affecting!

(Okay, back to watching!)