Thread: Why did ZM pretend to be ZWJ when visiting Z3F

Default Why did ZM pretend to be ZWJ when visiting Z3F

Facts:
    ZM pretended to be Ming cult leader ZWJ, when visiting Mt WuDang to bring down Z3F.
    ZM was imitating Ming cult to create Wulin friction between righteous and 'evil' sects.
    Z3F of course knew who ZWJ is, and was wondering why she was imitating his grandstudent.
    ZM knew ZWJ was the son of Zhang Cui Shan, and even commented on his ability with caligraphy.
    Z3F did not know who the current leader is.
    ZM has accurate and update info on all the sects.

So why pretend to be ZWJ, when all her followers did not pretend to be Yang Xiao or Wei Yi Xiao. She was aware of Z3F's relationship with ZWJ, yet still pretended to be the later. Wouldn't it be more logical to make up a name given that Z3F has been relatively secluded and unaware of wulin news.

Other queries I noticed in that chapter include:

Vice leader of the metal faction in Ming cult had a missing arm due to MJ's YiTian jian. Yet ZWJ patted his right arm while the vice leader was supporting WuDang hero No.6 with his left arm.

It took 5 Shaolin fighters to take down YinLiTing (WD no.6), with two of those fighters severely injured by YLT. Out of those 5, one of them was Ah 3 - the one who took out Kong Wen and he himself was described to be stronger than 2nd teir Ming fighters (Yang Xiao, Ying Tian Zheng). Wouldn't that suggest YLT>YX, when he clearly isn't (same level at best).
    Last edited by yittz; 12-19-08 at 02:17 AM.

I think... Zhao Min could'nt have winged everything because if any news regarding Ming Sect happened to have reached Z3F, its probably that the new leader is ZWJ. Hence it would be extremely suspicious if the "leader" has a different name. Her other men wouldn't have needed (or wanted) to report their names hence not much use for them to imitate others.

Also, Z3F may not be certain that the leader ZWJ is in fact the son of his disciple as ZWJ should'nt be THAT obscure a name. The emotional meeting between the Heros and ZWJ is much harder to reach the ears of Z3F considering the ambush on 6 Sects. Hence giving ZM some leeway if she was to be confronted by Z3F, that the ZWJ is not the ZWJ grandstudent.

Ah fair enough.

Even though Z3F recognised the name ZWJ as his granddisciple, ZM could argue that it can be someone else.

The news of ZWJ as ming cult would have spread from the 2nd invasion (beggar clan and smaller clans) whereas they might not have realised that ZWJ would have any relation with Z3F. The original invasion were all held captive so no news of Ming cult's new leader or the reunion would have reached Z3F's ears.

But ZM wasnt aware that ZWJ was in fact Z3F's grandstudent. She told ZWJ off for calling Z3F as grandmaster, then was surprised when he revealed that he is in fact son Wudan 5th hero.

Although the events on Ming peak hasnt reached Z3F, but ZM knew everything. Its not hard to imagen that she has plenty of spies who could tell her the events. She did know about the incident between ZZR and ZWJ in detail. Its hard to imagen that the spies failed to tell her the most shocking revelations of all; the dude who save Ming cult is in fact a student of Wudan. This is the guy all of wulin is looking for to find the Dragon sabre.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung View Post
    But ZM wasnt aware that ZWJ was in fact Z3F's grandstudent. She told ZWJ off for calling Z3F as grandmaster, then was surprised when he revealed that he is in fact son Wudan 5th hero.

Although the events on Ming peak hasnt reached Z3F, but ZM knew everything. Its not hard to imagen that she has plenty of spies who could tell her the events. She did know about the incident between ZZR and ZWJ in detail. Its hard to imagen that the spies failed to tell her the most shocking revelations of all; the dude who save Ming cult is in fact a student of Wudan. This is the guy all of wulin is looking for to find the Dragon sabre.
    But she does know the last part. She commented on ZWJ's father's pensmanship when ZWJ commented on her text that she put on a painting in the manor (where they first met).

Chapter 24:
    当下细声细气的道:“张教主,怎地如此没出息,假扮起小道童来?满口太师父长、太师父短,也不害羞。”张无 忌
    见她认出了自己,便朗声道:“先父翠山公正是太师父座下的第五弟子,我不叫‘太师父’却叫甚么?有甚么害羞 不害羞?”

Chapter 23:
    那赵小姐赵敏微微一笑,说道:“张教主的尊大人号称‘银钩铁划’,自是书法名家。张教主家学渊源,小女子待 会尚要求恳一幅法书。”

So did Jin Yong make a mistake or ZM? It's unlike ZM to say something vulnerable to attack.

Maybe it's in the 3rd edition changes.

I would guess that its a mistake by JY. Its not the first time. Intersting to see if he fixed this in the 3rd edition. Or maybe in his 4th?
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

It's not in Athena's list of changes. It was interesting revisiting that thread, especially the part where Xiao Zhao, divine princess of Ming cult of Persia, sends ZWJ a parcel containing cloths she made for him.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Vice leader of the metal faction in Ming cult had a missing arm due to MJ's YiTian jian. Yet ZWJ patted his right arm while the vice leader was supporting WuDang hero No.6 with his left arm.
    A stump, i.e. the arm was not severed at the shoulder but somewhere lower?
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

She's a woman who's all hot & bothered by a handsome hero. It's normal that she'd screw something up.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Mmm true, it's not like ZM expressed surprise after ZWJ said he was indeed Z3F's granddisciple.

Agree with the stump thing too.