Thread: Any way to make free calls from computer?

Default Any way to make free calls from computer?

Hi,

This week I've had the misfortune of needing to use my cell phone for work; my minutes are already over and won't get more minutes until 2 weeks later. I'm aware there exist websites that charge a fee to make voice calls from your computer, such as skype and yahoo messenger. However, is there any site that allow you to call a phone for free? Thanks in advance.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Did Yahoo messenger start charging fees for calling? I didn't know about that.

I know MSN messenger doesn't charge. I've done that a few months ago.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Did Yahoo messenger start charging fees for calling? I didn't know about that.

I know MSN messenger doesn't charge. I've done that a few months ago.
    Ced - what uncle ICEMAN said was making a call-out from a computer to a phone which need to be paid, however it's cheaper compare to when using a phone to phone call. However calling out from computer to computer (Voice over IP) using earphone and mic is still free, well not that totally free actually because one still need to pay the monthly Internet connection if calling from home broadband.

There is this service by a company similar to Skype call VoipStunt which give free unlimited call to landline as long as you maintain an Euro 5.00 for every 4 months. However calling mobile to USA, Singapore and Hong Kong is FREE - both mobile and landline, which is superb if you live there or have friends living there .

List of rates for countries
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 12-20-08 at 12:04 AM.

Thanks Atlantie.

I also found & test drove EarthCaller, which offers free PC->Phone calls in North America. Works nicely so far. I intend to take advantage of its services.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Ced - what uncle ICEMAN said was making a call-out from a computer to a phone which need to be paid, however it's cheaper compare to when using a phone to phone call. However calling out from computer to computer (Voice over IP) using earphone and mic is still free, well not that totally free actually because one still need to pay the monthly Internet connection if calling from home broadband.

There is this service by a company similar to Skype call VoipStunt which give free unlimited call to landline as long as you maintain an Euro 5.00 for every 4 months. However calling mobile to USA, Singapore and Hong Kong is FREE - both mobile and landline, which is superb if you live there or have friends living there .

List of rates for countries
    Ahhhh I see! Well, ok!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?