Thread: Email Accounts (all questions about email, here!)

Question Email Accounts (all questions about email, here!)

Hey folks!

Most of us would have the knowledge that right now, there are quite a number of email account providers out there and probably providing unlimited spaces of storage. Within the best of my knowledge, I know AIM and Yahoo do that.

I've just signed up for AIM account (I still love Yahoo, though ) and I'm new to its function. Thus far, I find rather annoying with the signing in to email function. It sort of "impose" on me with downloading of its toolbar in order for me to sign in to email more conveniently (supposedly, bleh!). Otherwise, I can't seem to access my mailbox via other ways. So, my questions:-

1) Does it work that way? Because clicking of my "Mail 0" button, doesn't work. It sends me to "signing of a free email account".

2) what is the difference between @aol.co.uk and aim.com? (hopefully, this is not a stupid question - I'm just new and yes, lazy to read due to limited chances to go online lately.)

I was expecting my email account to be [email protected] but I've got [email protected] instead. It doesn't matter though, the latter seems more neat and 'shorter story', but I'm just wondering and trying to figure out.

3) and; how to you rate it? (against Yahoo, MSN and Googlemail)

4) for those who have knowledge of this AOL thing, please advise.

Thank you! Merry Christmas!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Ced: I'm replying to those .com and .co.uk only.

AFAIK - those thing will depend on your current location where you register your email account, if you're in the UK, you get the .co.uk. If the current country you reside doesn't have its default country email domain (like .co.uk or .com.sg), then you automatically get .com instead.

Usually .com also synonym for the North America.

Thanks, Lannie! I see! Very much appreciated! Thank you!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?