Thread: Jin Yong novels in Chinese available electronically?

Default Jin Yong novels in Chinese available electronically?

Is there any place to find online versions of Jin Yong novels in Chinese? (simplified or traditional - either is fine)

I was considering ordering printed versions, but I'm impatient.

I'm hoping for something other than .pdf files, so I can paste the text into NJStar for translation purposes.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

www.shuku.net. It has a LOT of Chinese novels. For Jinyong in specific, see http://www.shuku.net:8082/novels/jinyong/jinyong.html. Note; there are often a number of wrong characters/words in these online versions, so sometimes if a certain phrase doesn't seem to make sense or a certain character seems to not fit at all, try fitting with another character that sounds similar. For example, Duan Yu (段誉) of TLBB was written once or twice as 断誉. This is because all of these online versions were done by volunteers, so there are places where it seems rough or funky. Just try to roll with it
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 12-29-08 at 06:23 PM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    www.shuku.net. It has a LOT of Chinese novels. For Jinyong in specific, see http://www.shuku.net:8082/novels/jinyong/jinyong.html. Note; there are often a number of wrong characters/words in these online versions, so sometimes if a certain phrase doesn't seem to make sense or a certain character seems to not fit at all, try fitting with another character that sounds similar. For example, Duan Yu (段誉) of TLBB was written once or twice as 断誉. This is because all of these online versions were done by volunteers, so there are places where it seems rough or funky. Just try to roll with it
    Thanks!

In my dreams, I will be able to read them just as easily as I read English novels. If I'm lucky that might happen in about 5 or 10 years.

Although you don't prefer PDF files, they are the most reliable versions I've found online. Documented cases reveal most plain text versions of wuxia novels to be unreliable and incomplete. The most reliable source I found have them in PDF format.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    Thanks!

In my dreams, I will be able to read them just as easily as I read English novels. If I'm lucky that might happen in about 5 or 10 years.
    How do you plan to read the printed versions you have ordered if you can only read Chinese novels as easily as you read English novels 5 to 10 years later?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    How do you plan to read the printed versions you have ordered if you can only read Chinese novels as easily as you read English novels 5 to 10 years later?
    I haven't ordered any printed versions yet.

That's why I was hoping for plain text files - so I can copy and paste the text into NJStar. My Chinese reading skill is at about a first-grade level right now.

Let me first say I support buying the official editions of Jin Yong and Gu Long. They are collectibles and I own most of them.

It seems this is an old thread, but I recently found these up-to-date links for both authors.

1. Jin Yong collection (in pdf - Simplified Chinese) Just scroll to the middle and you'll see a bunch of PDF files. Click on it and a small popup occurs with a two options. I suggest right-clicking an option and saving it into your hard-drive because viewing the PDF file from your browser may take a long time.

2. Gu Long collection (in pdf - Simplified Chinese)
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 08-01-15 at 05:32 PM.