Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: chronologically speaking, where does Flying Fox fit in with Book and Sword?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default chronologically speaking, where does Flying Fox fit in with Book and Sword?

    All three novels share characters such as Fu Kangan, Chen Jialou, Wen tailai, qian long, etc. but where does FFSM and OTFFSM fit in with Book and Sword chronologically?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeKhai View Post
    All three novels share characters such as Fu Kangan, Chen Jialou, Wen tailai, qian long, etc. but where does FFSM and OTFFSM fit in with Book and Sword chronologically?
    TV series often combine FFOSM and OTFFSM into one long series so let say they are one.

    According to the time line, Book and Sword takes place before FFOSM. Chan Ka Lok and Qianlong fight over Princess Fragrance in Book and Sword whereas according to FFOSM, Princess Fragrance was passing away like 20 years ago. I wonder why Jin Yong didn't let baddie and Fu Ang Kang dies. I think almost all people hate him.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    TV series often combine FFOSM and OTFFSM into one long series so let say they are one.

    According to the time line, Book and Sword takes place before FFOSM. Chan Ka Lok and Qianlong fight over Princess Fragrance in Book and Sword whereas according to FFOSM, Princess Fragrance was passing away like 20 years ago. I wonder why Jin Yong didn't let baddie and Fu Ang Kang dies. I think almost all people hate him.
    However, I do remember in the 2006 version just recently that Wen Tailai was in it. If FFOSM occured after Book and Sword, shouldn't he be dead? You have to excuse me as I have yet to read the novel

  4. #4
    Senior Member Ren Ying Ying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hell in the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    3,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeKhai View Post
    However, I do remember in the 2006 version just recently that Wen Tailai was in it. If FFOSM occured after Book and Sword, shouldn't he be dead? You have to excuse me as I have yet to read the novel
    all the red flower ppls (including Wen Tailai) should be alive and kicking at the end of Book & Sword, thus also Flying Flox.

  5. #5
    Senior Member ChanceEncounter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    FF did occur after Book and Sword, but not so much after that all the characters from Book and Sword were dead. Think of it as a generation and some change later.

Similar Threads

  1. FLYING FOX OF THE SNOWY MOUNTAIN 2006
    By Bingcute in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 803
    Last Post: 12-24-09, 12:30 AM
  2. Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain
    By Dennis Chen in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-08, 12:09 AM
  3. Minor inconsistency in Flying Fox?
    By PJ in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-04, 03:45 PM
  4. The Conclusion of Flying Fox on Snowy Mountain
    By Yo Kang in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-24-04, 12:54 AM
  5. Other Stories of Flying Fox
    By Yo Kang in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-07-04, 09:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •