Thread: Brushing with death experiences

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Default Brushing with death experiences

Please share your experiences on anything that make you brush with death. How many time you experience those things in your life, what do you feel when you survive. Let see who here got nine lives or simply just bless .
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 01-05-09 at 04:10 AM.

When I was a child (younger than 11), I was crossing the road. It was green man. Then suddenly, this truck full of men who looked like construction workers swerved in from the road ahead at high speed - even though I was walking right in front there.

I quickly jumped ahead, avoiding myself from getting hit by a truck that's travelling at a high speed.

I never forgot that one. Wish I recognised that driver's face and that I could rip his balls off him.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    When I was a child (younger than 11), I was crossing the road. It was green man. Then suddenly, this truck full of men who looked like construction workers swerved in from the road ahead at high speed - even though I was walking right in front there.

I quickly jumped ahead, avoiding myself from getting hit by a truck that's travelling at a high speed.

I never forgot that one. Wish I recognised that driver's face and that I could rip his balls off him.
    LOL - sis is so angry . Yeah, those is kind of driver is so ****-up. No wonder sometimes I'm just mad all the time when I'm on the road, especially with all those superb Malaysian driver - yay.

I actually got many brush with death experiences, but I will tell it more later on. My first BWD (brush with death) experience is when I'm 3 years old. Me and my father return from his job as a Head/Supervisor in a logging/timber company in the middle of nowhere - in a forest somewhere on a small island near Borneo (Sabah).

At that time, my parents divorce, so I stay with my father the whole time even when he is going to work. My father driving this machine for lifting logs back to our camp - big vehicle, it swerve down to the side of the road, my father stuck - dead - under those vehicle while I survive without a scratch. LOL prolly with a scratch, I can't remember. But I still remember the scene even until now. They said, traumatic experience stay in your mind forever.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    LOL - sis is so angry . Yeah, those is kind of driver is so ****-up. No wonder sometimes I'm just mad all the time when I'm on the road, especially with all those superb Malaysian driver - yay.

I actually got many brush with death experiences, but I will tell it more later on. My first BWD (brush with death) experience is when I'm 3 years old. Me and my father return from his job as a Head/Supervisor in a logging/timber company in the middle of nowhere - in a forest somewhere on a small island near Borneo (Sabah).

At that time, my parents divorce, so I stay with my father the whole time even when he is going to work. My father driving this machine for lifting logs back to our camp - big vehicle, it swerve down to the side of the road, my father stuck - dead - under those vehicle while I survive without a scratch. LOL prolly with a scratch, I can't remember. But I still remember the scene even until now. They said, traumatic experience stay in your mind forever.
    Gosh. Must be a hard time for you. Hope it no longer bothers you!

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Gosh. Must be a hard time for you. Hope it no longer bothers you!
    No sis, it doesn't effect me that much, I just have the memory of it, but on the emotional impact, well I'm three years old at that time, so can't understand the meanings to all those things that happen.

Things that affect me on emotional level come right after that - living with various foster parents one after another, my mother nowhere to be found and more BWD experiences - LOL

- Malaria (my family member told me, I'm nearly died because of this)
    - Sea drowning (the worst experience in my life)
    - Rolling on the road after thrown out from the back of a moving van because someone open the back door - dunno who but prolly myself
    - Snake bite
    - Fall from a bridge

All those things happen while I'm in primary school. And then I involve in another BWD, in my Uni time - my 7th, this time in a motorcycle accident in the middle of a busy road. While laying down there, I can see from the corner of my eyes, the bus tire just pass near my head. Several inch to the other side - I'm going to the other side - literally - dead

So yeah, 7 of my cat lives are already used up, so I just have another 2 - yay - need to be extra careful after this.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 01-05-09 at 10:56 AM.

Grew up in ghetto, and now still live near a ghetto. Been robbed and harrassed a bunch of times. Could have escalated to murder but I don't think those were close enough to count as near death.

I got sick when I was an infant. An incompetent doctor gave me the wrong medicine which could have killed me or damaged my developing brain. Another doctor stopped the swelling at the base of my skull. Had it spread higher, I would be Forrest Gump today. The scary thing is my mom didn't know the urgency of the situation and didn't take me to the hospital until the next day even though I had a big time fever and was shaking the whole night from adverse reaction to the first doctor's medicine.

Medicine in China used to suck, still pretty untrustworthy today too I reckon.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    Grew up in ghetto, and now still live near a ghetto. Been robbed and harrassed a bunch of times. Could have escalated to murder but I don't think those were close enough to count as near death.

I got sick when I was an infant. An incompetent doctor gave me the wrong medicine which could have killed me or damaged my developing brain. Another doctor stopped the swelling at the base of my skull. Had it spread higher, I would be Forrest Gump today. The scary thing is my mom didn't know the urgency of the situation and didn't take me to the hospital until the next day even though I had a big time fever and was shaking the whole night from adverse reaction to the first doctor's medicine.

Medicine in China used to suck, still pretty untrustworthy today too I reckon.
    Wow, swelling at the head, that is indeed scary and very dangerous. I assume no one in China is suing hospital for malpractice.

Hahaha it's ok to be Forest Gump as long as you are as lucky as he is.

Atlanty has had a colorful life so far.

Hmmm... not exactly with death, but with blindness. I was under 5 then, and we were having a big family feast. Someone gave me a drink in a glass, and being a teething toddler, I actually bit on it so hard I cracked it. A glass fragment stuck right at the corner of my left eye... 1-2mm to my eyeball. I was about to rub it when my dad howled at me "STOP!!". He has always been scary so I froze and my left eye was saved. To this day there's still a tiny scar/dent at the corner of my eye.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post

Hmmm... not exactly with death, but with blindness. I was under 5 then, and we were having a big family feast. Someone gave me a drink in a glass, and being a teething toddler, I actually bit on it so hard I cracked it. A glass fragment stuck right at the corner of my left eye... 1-2mm to my eyeball. I was about to rub it when my dad howled at me "STOP!!". He has always been scary so I froze and my left eye was saved. To this day there's still a tiny scar/dent at the corner of my eye.
    Wow, gwanny must have sexy eye with those scar LOL. Is it because of the scar you put on veil the whole time?

It was during a live firing exercise in my army days. There are two groups. For simplicity - call them left and right. I am the commander for group right. Somehow, my group finished firing faster than the left group. I then decided to join the right group - which are still firing. When I open the door to join the group, a loud voice was heard, "Stop firing". Thank goodness that the chief commander notice that I open the door, or chances that I may have been shot.

Once again, really thanks to the chief commander and the right group will execute the orders.

I had cancer five years ago. I had to go through chemotherapy for eight months. By the time I finished I was so sick I could barely walk. I couldn't eat or sleep. The cure was as bad as the disease. My husband still says he thinks if they'd done one more treatment I would have died.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    I had cancer five years ago. I had to go through chemotherapy for eight months. By the time I finished I was so sick I could barely walk. I couldn't eat or sleep. The cure was as bad as the disease. My husband still says he thinks if they'd done one more treatment I would have died.
    Congrats for you to survive it - I always feel sad about woman with cancer, dunno why. Oh I forgot, I cried at the end of the Snow Queen because Kim BoRa died after countless chemo - and in those drama, they show it all. All the throw up, it's a very harrowing experience. I feel so helpless even days after those drama.

Anyway, I'm glad you finally recover from it.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Congrats for you to survive it - I always feel sad about woman with cancer, dunno why. Oh I forgot, I cried at the end of the Snow Queen because Kim BoRa died after countless chemo - and in those drama, they show it all. All the throw up, it's a very harrowing experience. I feel so helpless even days after those drama.

Anyway, I'm glad you finally recover from it.
    Thanks. I know what you mean about watching that on a tv series - I just finished watching the Mainland series Our Marriage recently and I kept crying when the female lead's father was in the hospital dying. It reminded me of when my mother died of cancer.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

I didn't know how to swim and jumped into a pool. Started drowning but ultimately saved by a handsome lifeguard
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post

Sounds quite similar to my experience but my left eye got injured by a toy sword. It started when my cousin and I were both playing and we each picked up a toy sword then her sword accidentally went in my left eye (above the eyeball). The "stabbing" felt deep and very sore but thankfully all our guardians were there to help. I manage to recover a day later. My cousin got scolded by aunty.

Thankfully it didn't affect my vision in any way.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 01-06-09 at 05:58 PM.
    Have you learned to love one another?

Wow wow... so much interesting experience. Congrats to all who survived them.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.