Thread: Vista language pain

Default Vista language pain

So I'm trying to use a Chinese programme but because Vista do not seem to have any language pack like it did for XP, I'm stuck with just codes and symbols.

NJStar Communicator doesn't help much either, as it could not convert the inprogramme language.

Is there any way to alter this, aside from installing a Chinese Vista (which would be impossible for me).

The programme actually works with my PC's XP (my laptop is Vista), but the PC is cranky, and the programme gets cranky on it too. So it's a no-win situation.

OH, I TOTALLY HATE VISTAAAAAAAAAAA TOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Gives me problems to no end. Sound problems, connection problems, firefox problems, Chinese problems ...
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    So I'm trying to use a Chinese programme but because Vista do not seem to have any language pack like it did for XP, I'm stuck with just codes and symbols.

NJStar Communicator doesn't help much either, as it could not convert the inprogramme language.

Is there any way to alter this, aside from installing a Chinese Vista (which would be impossible for me).

The programme actually works with my PC's XP (my laptop is Vista), but the PC is cranky, and the programme gets cranky on it too. So it's a no-win situation.
    I am using Vista too and there's Chinese language like XP. I don't have to install any addition program to type and read Chinese. Not sure what's the problem with yours but I vaguely remember I have to do the following:

• Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Keyboard and languages -> Change Keyboard
    • Then click add, I added Chinese simplified (PRC) - Keyboard is Chinese simplified - Microsoft Pinyin IME

Not sure if this helps but it worked for me, in fact it worked quite a few times since Vista insist on a reformat once every few months, and I have to reinstall quite a few things repeatedly.

She's referring to actual software that is written in Chinese, not just text recognition.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Aiyo! This is disappointing to hear. My laptop is dying and it seems that if I want to replace it with a new model I've either got to purchase one with Vista installed, or pay Dell extra to downgrade to XP. I don't want to lose my ability to use NJStar.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    I am using Vista too and there's Chinese language like XP. I don't have to install any addition program to type and read Chinese. Not sure what's the problem with yours but I vaguely remember I have to do the following:

• Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Keyboard and languages -> Change Keyboard
    • Then click add, I added Chinese simplified (PRC) - Keyboard is Chinese simplified - Microsoft Pinyin IME

Not sure if this helps but it worked for me, in fact it worked quite a few times since Vista insist on a reformat once every few months, and I have to reinstall quite a few things repeatedly.
    I followed the instructions above, but when I select Chinese simplified it doesn't seem to keep it selected. Once I start typing it just reverts back to English. I must be missing a step.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。