Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tofu

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Fried Tofu looks mouthwatering.

Anyway.....TC, more tofu soup, give up on sharkfin soup.

hehehheheh
    Tofu is great, I like it.
    However, it can't compare to sharkfin soup and if you make the soup yourself then it's not that expensive. There is a store in Toronto China Town that selling shak fin at a very low price, much lower than other stores. I only consume shark fin soup few times a year so it doesn't make any different anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    *throws away lavendar spray* TOFU Spray?! That's a FAB IDEA Precious!!
    And of course, TOFU in this case is an acronym for:

The Odor For the Uninitiated.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Crispy outside and soft, ( mostly i get the one with shrimp stuffed) inside.... with a lil soy sauce as dipping sauce....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sugar; 01-13-09 at 01:48 AM.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Soft, evenly textured and slightly browned...[/IMG]
    Wow. Looks all-natural and all-organic tofu. No sign of processed stuff - soft and buoyant is the key. It helps to have the nice, soft, clean, young, all-natural organic tofu complemented by the rest of the meal though.

Did you really hit that many tofu in China, RWX? Not in the hair cut stores I hope.

so this is what happens when people run out of things to talk about, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    hehehheheh
    Tofu is great, I like it.

However, it can't compare to sharkfin soup and if you make the soup yourself then it's not that expensive. There is a store in Toronto China Town that selling shak fin at a very low price, much lower than other stores. I only consume shark fin soup few times a year so it doesn't make any different anyway.
    Sigh! I knew it! I knew I can't your mind even with a baseball bat.

But hey, don't forget there's such a Chinese saying (since you're so into Chinese culture): A little contribution may seem insignificant but it will add up to a big name. Nevermind the big name, my point is, look at the bigger picture. Never think one cannot achieve much because it always starts from one and then another. It's just like how one starts the tradition of eating sharkfin and the tradition promotes on to others, isn't it?

There's not definition to saying that eating sharkfin is wrong, but killing of the (nearly) endangered specie is just cruel and wrong. Where personal responsibility is concerned, one should think the shark without its fin (think that if it's Yourself having your one arm "saw" away.....OUCH!..... and definitely left little time to live) will cause more hazardous causes to the sea and harm other marine creatures.

Oh well....I must be going nuts or overdosage of coffee again.......knowing that I'm actually wasting my time to try to change TC's mind.
    OT: Long live Tofu
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Sigh! I knew it! I knew I can't your mind even with a baseball bat.

But hey, don't forget there's such a Chinese saying (since you're so into Chinese culture): A little contribution may seem insignificant but it will add up to a big name. Nevermind the big name, my point is, look at the bigger picture. Never think one cannot achieve much because it always starts from one and then another. It's just like how one starts the tradition of eating sharkfin and the tradition promotes on to others, isn't it?

There's not definition to saying that eating sharkfin is wrong, but killing of the (nearly) endangered specie is just cruel and wrong. Where personal responsibility is concerned, one should think the shark without its fin (think that if it's Yourself having your one arm "saw" away.....OUCH!..... and definitely left little time to live) will cause more hazardous causes to the sea and harm other marine creatures.

Oh well....I must be going nuts or overdosage of coffee again.......knowing that I'm actually wasting my time to try to change TC's mind.
    OT: Long live Tofu
    You are right that you can't change my mind.
    Why should I sacrifice my way of life and culture just to please some other people? The reason they against the consumption of shark fin is mainly because they themself don't consume it anyway, so they ask others to make sacrifice. I will never accept "don't do as I do, do as I said". The more they complain and protest, the more I am willing to pay and consume.

What is wrong with spending my hard earned money on the commercial product that I love to consume? It's not the case I get the shark fin illegally from some dealers in the back ally, I buy it from a store with license. It's not an illegal product. It's not illegal to buy and to consume shark fin.

You are right that you can't change my mind.
    I wouldn't expect a change besides from Obama.

Why should I sacrifice my way of life and culture just to please some other people? The reason they against the consumption of shark fin is mainly because they themself don't consume it anyway, so they ask others to make sacrifice. I will never accept "don't do as I do, do as I said". The more they complain and protest, the more I am willing to pay and consume.
    WTF?? So uncivilised! Unneeded rebelliousness.

It's nothing about the people, it's about hurting nature. Murder me, I'll still tell you, that's the truth!

It's nothing about the people, it's about hurting nature. Murder me, I'll still tell you, that's the truth!

What is wrong with spending my hard earned money on the commercial product that I love to consume?
    Spending one's hard earned money to get laid could be alright as long as you're not hurting the nature.

Spending one's hard earned money to get laid could be alright as long as you're not hurting the nature.

It's not the case I get the shark fin illegally from some dealers in the back ally, I buy it from a store with license. It's not an illegal product. It's not illegal to buy and to consume shark fin.
    LOL GAWD!!!! Someone gimme a shot gun! (not for myself)

OT: Embrace Tofu!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-13-09 at 07:55 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Well well, as an aside, the cheap synthetic sharksfin soup is actually pretty good. They usually put Tofu in it too!
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

I wouldn't expect a change besides from Obama.
    It could be a change for the worse. [/quote]

WTF?? So uncivilised! Unneeded rebelliousness.

LOL GAWD!!!! Someone gimme a shot gun! (not for myself)

OT: Embrace Tofu!
    If you want to spend your money to get laid, that is your freedom to do so but I am not going to accept cultural genocide. The good news is that there are enough chinese people have dignity to keep their culture alive. The demand of shark fin will be there and increasing. Shark fin soup has been part of chinese culture for centuries or milleniums. It would be a big shame if china bows to the west and accepting cultural genocide.

Regarding nature, the west has been consuming energy (oil) as an alarming rate which is also hurting nature. If china asks them to stop consuming, would they listen? Would they willing to ride bicycle instead of driving? Would they willing to sacrifice their way of life and their culture?

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Well well, as an aside, the cheap synthetic sharksfin soup is actually pretty good. They usually put Tofu in it too!
    Fake can't compare to real no matter what it is.

If you want to spend your money to get laid, that is your freedom to do so but I am not going to accept cultural genocide.
    No worries, I don't need that within my choices. I thought it was a suggestion for you. Ummmm cultural genocide?

The good news is .......have dignity to keep their culture alive.............accepting cultural genocide.
    Ummmm, try to talk about (in one subject) dignity, culture and consumption of shark fin soup before the WWF. I'm sure you'll get disagreement from some Chinese in that organisation.

Regarding nature, the west has been.............If china asks them to stop consuming, would they listen? Would they willing to ride bicycle instead of driving? Would they willing to sacrifice their way of life and their culture?
    Try asking your junior school teacher if that is feasible. Maybe?

P/s: TC, my mistake for starting this topic but if you'd have further reply, bring it to another topic. (being considerate, if it exists in your books.)

OT: Tofu is healthy, but consume it at moderate.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-13-09 at 11:20 PM.

If the World Wildlife Fund has any respect for the asian community, chinese particular, then they wouldn't ask them to stop consuming shark fin soup. Imagine what soup they gonna serve on wedding day.

I live to make me myself happy and my life better, not to please and bow to the WWF like a slave. The more they try to genocide my culture, the stronger I embrace it. If extinction of the shark is the consequence, then be it. I can live my life without those shark. Beside, there are plenty of sharks, I doubt it will ever going exctinct. At least, not in my life time.

*chants*

Eat Tofu~ Eat Tofu~ Eat Tofu~ Eat Tofu~ Eat Tofu~ Eat Tofu~ Eat Tofu~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

If the World Wildlife Fund has any respect for the asian community, chinese particular, then they wouldn't ask them to stop consuming shark fin soup. Imagine what soup they gonna serve on wedding day.

I live to make me myself happy and my life better, not to please and bow to the WWF like a slave. The more they try to genocide my culture, the stronger I embrace it. If extinction of the shark is the consequence, then be it. I can live my life without those shark. Beside, there are plenty of sharks, I doubt it will ever going exctinct. At least, not in my life time.
    yes and chinese + the 1 million other culture out there eat all kind of animals, mine as well not protect any animals and let them all extinct

hell i heard some people even eat human, should we let human extinct?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

If the World Wildlife Fund has any respect for ....blah blah.....(usual nonsense).

I live to make me myself happy and my life better, and bow to the selfish righteousness like a slave. The more they try to genocide my culture (which one?), the stronger I embrace it (Embrace - Congratulations! You've learned a new word today! ). If extinction of the shark is the consequence, then be it (You remind me of Homer Simpson). I can live my life without those shark. Beside, there are plenty of sharks, I doubt it will ever going exctinct (You've been watching too much of Barney) . At least, not in my life time.
    Gawd! this guy ain't givin' up! >_<

TC, thank you for the summary of an account of your stand on anti-anti-shark fin consumption.........and NO THANKS!

Warning: If you're gonna reply to this in this thread after reading, Don't read!
    click to show/hide spoilers

Given an extra sense that distinct human from animals, I use that sense to judge what is to be on diner and what not to be. Given a health condition, I can't be a vegan as I'd love to be, sadly. So I stick to nothing beyond the basics.

People could spare the sharks and spend that money on something else. Isn't that wiser? Such as ....travel? Or whatever...... just do something that makes your life TRULLY worthwhile. And, spending your fortune on something simply to go against an authority or sorts (simply playing defiance) is even a dumber thing to do. Anyway, we've already known how smart TC is.

OT: I had rice dumpling balls today, (or just Balls?) in soya bean milk. It's yummy!! Let's embrace the extravaganza Tofu!

(new word for TC: extravaganza )
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 01-14-09 at 07:36 AM.

lol, I've decided TC is funnier than Candide.

Lets not turn this thread political. This is about tofu. Not shark fin soup. Stop being baited by TC and talk about shark fin. Next, Candide will pop in and talk about meatballs and testosterone.

Hi guys, please stay on topic and only relevant to tofu. You can make a separate thread if you need to discuss other different subject matters.

Have you learned to love one another?

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    lol, I've decided TC is funnier than Candide.

Lets not turn this thread political. This is about tofu. Not shark fin soup. Stop being baited by TC and talk about shark fin. Next, Candide will pop in and talk about meatballs and testosterone.
    Sorry, TC's replies were too amusing.

Anyway, my mistake, it's not rice dumpling balls, should be glutinous rice balls? Whatever balls it is......it's nice to go with soya milk plus Tofu fa.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-14-09 at 06:37 PM.

Time for a little TOFU!

Tofu fingers:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/expressionexp/USB_TofuFngrs1-1.jpg')