Thread: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Default The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I was thinkng how nothing lasts. What a shame that is
    Some things last
    Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments
    If you haven't seen this masterpiece film, I suggest you do. I went in with my friend and we loved it. Such a bittersweet story that'll have you thinking. Brad Pitt and Cate Blancett are convincing in their lead roles, and share a lot of chemistry in here.

Quote Originally Posted by IMBD
    "I was born under unusual circumstances." And so begins 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,' adapted from the 1920s story by F. Scott Fitzgerald about a man who is born in his eighties and ages backwards: a man, like any of us, who is unable to stop time. We follow his story, set in New Orleans from the end of World War I in 1918 to the 21st century, following his journey that is as unusual as any man's life can be. Directed by David Fincher and starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett with Taraji P. Henson, Tilda Swinton, Jason Flemyng, Elias Koteas and Julia Ormond, Benjamin Button is a grand tale of a not-so-ordinary man and the people and places he discovers along the way, the loves he finds, the joys of life and the sadness of death, and what lasts beyond time.
    It's difficult to describe, but the movie leaves you with this feeling I can't describe, and you lets you appreciate some things you have.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/kayli_granberg/tccobbtrailer1sample2.png')

Cate Blancett and Brad Pitt star as lovers.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/kayli_granberg/tccobbtrailer1sample1.png')

By far my favorite movie of late 08.
    Last edited by Sourplum; 01-15-09 at 09:59 PM.

thought-provoking, interesting storyline, my kind of movie. í'm looking foward to catch this movie.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

if it wasnt a love story, it would have been MUCH better.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I find this movie very odd, but interesting. Each character has their on unique way of expressing themselves, like an art piece. Boundless by time, but treasure the things which means most in the given moment. Time is hard to rewind back, but Benjamin has this gift, which most people would of dreamed of?[Be young again or reborn]. I like the story because they didn't emphasize on bias or age discrimination at a dangerous worksite. Optimism shows when things seems impossible, if you tried hard enough it can be possible.

There are some aspects of Benjamin's life I can sort of relate too minus the reversal aging effect. Overall, I do highly recommend this movie to anyone who likes to see things beyond what's in front of you.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 01-19-09 at 10:11 AM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

I just came back from seeing this movie and it's quite interesting. Good performances all around and the makeup is sometime odd, but mostly amazing. A good movie for sure, but Slumdog Millionaire is still the best movie of the year hands down.
    Last edited by Canuck21; 01-20-09 at 12:13 AM.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    It's difficult to describe, but the movie leaves you with this feeling I can't describe, and you lets you appreciate some things you have.
    I found this funny video: The Curious Case of Forrest Gump and it's dead on. If you've seen Forest Gump before, you'll get the same feeling all over again.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

I went to watch this movie with my bestfriend... she liked the movie alot, We thought it was really sad but a good story... Kinda rushed at the end of the bit while he was starting to turn young. Very Unique Story. 8/10

Oh by : have i told you guy i got hit by the lighting 7 time?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    I found this funny video: The Curious Case of Forrest Gump and it's dead on. If you've seen Forest Gump before, you'll get the same feeling all over again.
    That link has been removed because copyright infringement or bc Paramount Group complaint and had it removed. Dang, they're quick.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by mamthui View Post

Oh by : have i told you guy i got hit by the lighting 7 time?
    LOL

i saw this movie the day it came out (christmas) and i loved it. it was such a thought provoking, deep film. (although a little depressing - i can actually say i cried at the part where he left daisy and their daughter) and it doesnt hurt that brad pitt is turning YOUNGER. lol, he was hot in the second half of the movie

cate blanchett looks so pretty in this movie too!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.washingtontimes.com/media/img/photos/2008/12/24/20081224-034649-pic-210628898_r350x200.jpg?0babd24c675f3097b9d1ff106ec 8653055db7939')

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    That link has been removed because copyright infringement or bc Paramount Group complaint and had it removed. Dang, they're quick.
    I re-upload the file and put the new link in my profile

What's the love theme or rather what is the most romantic music off this movie? if somone can provide a link would be great! thanks

Well, I can't describe this strange thought provoked in the back of my head. I was discussing it after the movie with my friend, trying to figure out. Bit and pieces of the movie seems to have some sort of toll on me.

I like that Mama Queenie best I know I have always a thing for outspoken fat mamas.

By the way, did the old guy who mentioned his 7 times of getting struck by the lightning really tells all his 7 times? I have only counted 6 times.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 02-27-09 at 10:38 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Well, I can't describe this strange thought provoked in the back of my head. I was discussing it after the movie with my friend, trying to figure out. Bit and pieces of the movie seems to have some sort of toll on me.

I like that Mama Queenie best I know I have always a thing for outspoken fat mamas.

By the way, did the old guy who mentioned his 7 times of getting struck by the lightning really tells all his 7 times? I have only counted 6 times.
    I think by the time he mentioned being strike by lightening the 7th time. He already passed away or something. Its a very complicated, but simplistic storyline about a man who wants to treasure everything in life with little time to spare. Enjoy it, while it lasts. I do like all the characters, not many movie's where where its a tough call.

Strawberry, could it be this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqCmb3kfl2Q [Love Returns].
    Last edited by mind_wander; 03-01-09 at 09:08 PM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

i rarely watch dramas but this movie is quiet ok. The story seems quiet interesting

and the actors played a superb job. But one thing, the movie is sooooooooooo
    looooooooooooong.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

I've read the short story but haven't watch the film. People say the only thing similar between the story and the movie is the title and the reverse-aging factor.

I felt a tinge of sadness at the end of the short story.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩