Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gigi Lai getting married

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    So, what are the culprits so far? Gigi, Liu Tao, Melissa Ng,Claire Yiu, Zhang Zi yi, Gong Li, Halina Tam
    culprits? how harsh! lol.

too many to list.

would u rather do a vivian chow move or a gigi lai move?
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

I love how everyone fails to mention that each of these women can make more money themselves than most average working men and the critics. So critics should really go there and make more money before they start wagging fingers. And EVEN IF they slept around to do it, can you honestly say that any woman who wants to can be as successful?

Then obviously people are gonna ride the moral high horse, "Oh I won't sell myself blah blah" but the point is that not everyone can reach high places, regardless of how they get there. And they did that BEFORE they married rich men.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    So, what are the culprits so far? Gigi, Liu Tao, Melissa Ng,Claire Yiu, Zhang Zi yi, Gong Li, Halina Tam
    What 'culprit'? Claire Yiu met and dated her boyfriend when they were both ATV actors. They dated for 7 years before getting married.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

So many comments, I don't have time to read through each quote and reply. But I answer general here. If my husband was loosing his job, I won't leave him. It not just about me anymore, I'm a wife, a mother. I don't go run to another man arms when my husband going through hard time. And I won't teach my kids to do those neither.

I'm assume most of you reply in here is not a mom or a wife yet. So you don't know. Your view is not the same as mine, because you don't have a family on your shoulder.
    When you become a wife and mom, you can come back here and tell me if you still think the same. Hopefully you won't tell your husband or your kids that you be leaving their father, once he go unemployed.
    And you're not in my family, you don't know me. My husband did lost his job before, 2 years ago actually. Eventually he did find another one, I didn't divorce him 2 years ago when he lost his job.

This all come down to personal opinions. Nobody is lost, so don't say I'm lost and you not. You can only worry about your family, you can't worry about others.
    To conclude, if you value money important, go find one that fit your needs. If you value love more, go find love. It all personal views, each people have a choice of how they want to live their life.
    And don't act like I haven't live a rich life or my husband never got fired before. He did, and in the future if the economy goes more bad, he probably will get lost another job. And even if I was starving to death, at least I have my kids and husband with me by my side.

Anyways, this is not getting anywhere so this is the last post I'm posting in this thread. It obvious we don't have the same view on love and money. Even in real life, when I know some people have different views as me, I don't debate with them. Because everyone have their own lives to live so I don't see why I should continue this arguments. Once I turn off my computer, I have family to take care. And I'm sure you guys have school or work to go to or even a family like me to worry about.

** And yes, actresses are able to make enough money to support themselves. But most of them choose to married someone rich is because they want to retired and not work anymore. What dissapointed me in Gigi (since I'm her fan) was because she Denied this marriage news. She said she retired was because of her ill brother, but it turned out that she married to this billionair. I don't see why she had to lied, if she wanted to retired and be a stay home mom then said it, don't denied the news.
    Last edited by clfan; 02-04-09 at 06:21 AM.

Because she's getting married, that automatically makes what she said at first a LIE?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    culprits? how harsh! lol.

too many to list.

would u rather do a vivian chow move or a gigi lai move?
    fine, I guess I should put "culprits", who are the ladies who have married rich men
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

First of all, to equate her decision to marry a much older crippled but filthy rich man as prostituting oneself is an insult to women everywhere. I agree she may be marrying for financial security and since they have been together for years maybe to Gigi her priority is a man who is capable of taking care of her and her family and not sex, fun and romance? And that is prostituting oneself? Who wouldn't want to marry rich? Who wouldn't want to stop working and find a rich husband who will take care of us and gives us credit cards and cash and a lavish worry free lifestyle? So that makes us materialistic, and in the economic climate of today and also in light of Gigi's bro being disabled and she tired of running back and forth and needing someone to take care of her, I can't blame her. She may also be attracted to older men, probably daddy complex issue or whatever but prostituting herself because she marries rich old man? Frankly he isn't that much older than her but she is more youthful looking than her age. If this is what she wants, then this is what she should pursue. My only concern is his age and his impending fatherhood, unless Gigi doesn't want children.

I am in total disbelief some of you actually went as far as to suggest she is ... well never mind. Many women won't admit being materialistic anyway. I feel she is marrying for financial security but I won't go as far as to condemn her decision.

funnlim,

how come you only got 7 posts?

1 post per year?
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by funnlim View Post
    First of all, to equate her decision to marry a much older crippled but filthy rich man as prostituting oneself is an insult to women everywhere. I agree she may be marrying for financial security and since they have been together for years maybe to Gigi her priority is a man who is capable of taking care of her and her family and not sex, fun and romance? And that is prostituting oneself? Who wouldn't want to marry rich? Who wouldn't want to stop working and find a rich husband who will take care of us and gives us credit cards and cash and a lavish worry free lifestyle? So that makes us materialistic, and in the economic climate of today and also in light of Gigi's bro being disabled and she tired of running back and forth and needing someone to take care of her, I can't blame her. She may also be attracted to older men, probably daddy complex issue or whatever but prostituting herself because she marries rich old man? Frankly he isn't that much older than her but she is more youthful looking than her age. If this is what she wants, then this is what she should pursue. My only concern is his age and his impending fatherhood, unless Gigi doesn't want children.

I am in total disbelief some of you actually went as far as to suggest she is ... well never mind. Many women won't admit being materialistic anyway. I feel she is marrying for financial security but I won't go as far as to condemn her decision.
    Agreed here. And I actually do feel bitterness oozing out here and there from those naysayers.

I totally agree and even my brother constantly mentions to me that these actresses become actresses because they want to live a high and comfortable life. Even normal citizens would love to marry someone rich so that they can also have a high and lavishing lifestyle. THerefore, I guess we can't really blame Gigi with her situation and all. The thing that bothers me is that she lied about the whole thing.... Yes, I am a fan of her so it bothers me but oh well.. It's her life so she can do what she wants.
    Last edited by Trinie; 02-05-09 at 03:59 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Sadly your "indignation" is misguided. If you bothered to read what I actually wrote, I did not compare Gigi's marriage to prostitution in a negative light. You think "equate her decision to marry a much older crippled but filthy rich man as prostituting oneself is an insult to women everywhere" because of your own biased view of prostitution as an insult to women.

You acknowledged the marriage of Gigi to Mr. Ma as probably being for money, so how is that different than the fundamental exchange between prostitutes and their clients? Like I said, if prostitutes can get clients to take care of them long-term, they would sign up for it. Why do you think beautiful women agree to be "bao'ed" by rich men - supported by rich men in exchange for whatever. Most women don't want to have sex with random men for money. There's the social stigma (which anyone can tell from the sentiment from most posters on this thread), and it's not easy work.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I totally agree and even my brother constantly mentions to me that these actresses become actresses because they want to live a high and comfortable life. Even normal citizens would love to marry someone rich so that they can also have a high and lavishing lifestyle. THerefore, I guess we can't really blame Gigi with her situation and all. The thing that bothers me is that she lied about the whole thing.... Yes, I am a fan of her so it bothers me but oh well.. It's her life so she can do what she wants.
    Did you get brainwashed by your brother? Constant harping on the same stuff can do that to people.

I think people become actresses more for fame and glory, but not all of them, of course. Even so, how many of them do succeed? 30 out of 500? And how many of those 30 actresses are considered A-list?

What did she lie about, actually?

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    funnlim,

how come you only got 7 posts?

1 post per year?
    LOL Han
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

According to today's Apple Daily, Gigi and Mr Ma already registered their marriage in Sydney early this year. They are expected to held their wedding banquet at Peninsula Hong Kong on 16/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Did you get brainwashed by your brother? Constant harping on the same stuff can do that to people.

I think people become actresses more for fame and glory, but not all of them, of course. Even so, how many of them do succeed? 30 out of 500? And how many of those 30 actresses are considered A-list?

What did she lie about, actually?
    No, I did not get brainwashed by my brother. I think that most(not all, but most) actresses do become actresses so that can they can make money and live a comfortable life. Exactly, how many of them can succeed?? They want to become famous and make big bucks, but how many of them are THAT lucky? Even though some of them aren't famous and are successful in the circle, they are eventually lucky enough to marry a rich tycoon and are set for life...

She lied about retiring from the circle to take care of her brother after the car accident. However, now this whole issue of her marrying this rich man is finally disclosed. I am a little disappointed about her lying, but oh well.. I guess I can understand since it is her life anyways. Hopefully she is happy and congrats to her.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Default Miriam Yeung engaged

Seems like a lot of HK celebrities are getting married recently. According to today's The Sun, Miriam Yeung is engaged to Real Ting and set to be married in June at Shanghai. Miriam did not deny nor admit the news, but said that she will be making an announcement later today.

If this is true, then Miriam's the real Cinderella story. The guy is rich, young and good looking...

http://ent.hunantv.com/y/l/20090206/190447.html
    Last edited by sehseh; 02-05-09 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    According to today's Apple Daily, Gigi and Mr Ma already registered their marriage in Sydney early this year. They are expected to held their wedding banquet at Peninsula Hong Kong on 16/2.
    Thanks for the news! So she will hold the wedding ceremony in Sydney and then come back to HK for the wedding banquet?? Will her friends from the circle be invited?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Thanks for the news! So she will hold the wedding ceremony in Sydney and then come back to HK for the wedding banquet?? Will her friends from the circle be invited?
    From the news they said that the wedding will be low profile and won't be inviting friends from entertainment circle, maybe except Marianne Chan Miu-Ying (she already left ent biz anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    Sadly your "indignation" is misguided. If you bothered to read what I actually wrote, I did not compare Gigi's marriage to prostitution in a negative light. You think "equate her decision to marry a much older crippled but filthy rich man as prostituting oneself is an insult to women everywhere" because of your own biased view of prostitution as an insult to women.

You acknowledged the marriage of Gigi to Mr. Ma as probably being for money, so how is that different than the fundamental exchange between prostitutes and their clients? Like I said, if prostitutes can get clients to take care of them long-term, they would sign up for it. Why do you think beautiful women agree to be "bao'ed" by rich men - supported by rich men in exchange for whatever. Most women don't want to have sex with random men for money. There's the social stigma (which anyone can tell from the sentiment from most posters on this thread), and it's not easy work.
    Maybe I read wrong, but can any marriage compared to prostitution be seen in a positive light? This is not a case of her being a kept mistress. She is going to be his legal wife, enjoying legal rights, being called Mrs something. She is not bao'ed. As much as it infuriates me any woman would carve a career by being the wife or fiance of someone famous, it is a choice that isn't morally repugnant. Yes, I did mention it might be for money but to jump from being materialistic to equating materialistic as to being akin to prostituting oneself is ridiculous. I myself question her motive but after thinking about her life where she had worked since young, taking care of her family, like everyone else in the world, she must feel terribly tired and I suppose this is a man who is at the right place and at the right time. I made the mistake of equating beautiful youthful looking stars to women who want romance, love and the entire package. Truth is many women just want security. That may make them materialistic but that doesn't mean they have betrayed any principle they may hold for themselves. Since she dated this man for 6 years if I read correctly which is longer than any run of the mill relationships I have read about, I do think her decision is not based solely on one factor. I believed that she is serious about her retirement and I that she probably considered marriage with this man for the sake of her brother. I doubt she lied to anyone after all marriage is personal and she is retired.

Yes most women won't want random sex for the sake of money. Now that is the definition of prostuting oneself. That you're right, more so Asian women or women anywhere who wants a good man who will be a good husband, good father and a good provider. I don't see why her decision to marry this particular man should create such frenzied discussion and unfair comparison with probably the oldest profession in the world. There shouldn't be any shame or stigma for women who had no other skills but that to use such skills to earn some money to support their family. But then there shouldn't be any assumption that just because you're young and you marry rich old men that you're by default a member of such profession.

I am just shocked the comparison exists at all. I will stop at calling her materialistic but at least any materialistic woman should learn from her example; get the man to marry you and make you his legal wife.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    LOL Han
    I know for sure I have posted more than 7 posts in 7 years!! Maybe I just logged in using a different account. Frankly I haven't been posting for so long. But thanks for noticing even the minutest detail of my profile.