Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Packed Lunches

Default Packed Lunches

I am thinking of packing my own lunch to work cause I want to save money and eat more healthily. Does anyone pack their own lunch to work or school? Any easy to make lunches to share?

Peanut and Jam sandwich.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

leftovers from dinner.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    I am thinking of packing my own lunch to work cause I want to save money and eat more healthily. Does anyone pack their own lunch to work or school? Any easy to make lunches to share?
    Hehe, I love looking at cute pack lunch (obento), but never do that myself. It's mostly girlie stuff . I've my own bento (red) but only for show I put at my office room as a collection. I never put stuff in it and show it around LOL. I mostly eating out - everyday, day and night, yeah guys, most working guys are lazy to cook for themselves, well I'm saying about me LOL.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 01-18-09 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    leftovers from dinner.
    Well, i do that lunch packing sometimes. lol I do that too, Yingér

I try to get up early and do up my lunchbox sometimes. Omelette, canned Tuna (with chilli to spice it up!) and some lightly cooked vege in olive oil would make a less boring lunch.

Easiest would be as Han suggested, peanut butter with jam sandwich. wholemeal bread suggested for the sandwich ohhhh and go with soya bean milk would make a perfect lunch!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-18-09 at 01:07 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I think I will get bored very quickly if I pack sandwiches every day, need some variety. Also there's usually no leftovers from dinner since my family usually finishes everything

But of course, nothing fancy like a cute obento, too much effort, though these sure look nice.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/e-obento.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/obento_1.jpg')

actually, care about how filling and nutritious would the lunch be for the day of work (mind power and energy used). however cute, they'll end up in the tummy anyway

During a period of time, I ever had someone doing up lunchbox for me. The heartwarming feel with appreciation is one thing. You feel extra filling and the hearty contentment, that is the concern.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-18-09 at 04:23 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Also there's usually no leftovers from dinner since my family usually finishes everything
    easy solution: cook in larger servings!

I think I will get bored very quickly if I pack sandwiches every day, need some variety. Also there's usually no leftovers from dinner since my family usually finishes everything

But of course, nothing fancy like a cute obento, too much effort, though these sure look nice.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/e-obento.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/obento_1.jpg')

Actually, even with bento boxes, you don't have to do fancy work like Japanese bentos. I actually have bento lunch boxes because I want to eat in smaller proportions. They're actually quite filling. So like I said, you don't have to do fancy work, just stuff the sort of food you'd eat in them.

I'm sure there's those 3 minute recipes or 15 minute recipes you can follow...and there's always stir-fry veggies and beef/chicken you can do.

You can explore different types of salads out there. It's filling but not heavy.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Some people obviously have way too much time on their hands.

Ah, if I only had the time to decorate my lunches instead of forcing myself during the middle of the night to drag myself to the kitchen to sloppily make a 2 min sandwich and wash an apple and stuff it in. And even that is super exhausting to me.

How do people find the energy?!?!?!!?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Some people obviously have way too much time on their hands.
    LOL, I literally have too much time to spare coz I eating out the whole time or sometimes even combine or skip meal altogether. I know, this reply is an ARTS thing
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 01-18-09 at 03:35 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/1/15259/09_2008/mcskillet.jpg')

Burritos are easy to make. It can be a healthy and filling meal but it depends on what you fill-in inside. Your whole cost to make one burrito should be much. You can do a simple one with omelette, tuna and lettuce. The dressing sauce is up to you. It is a very flexible customisation to make burritos.

lunchables!!! j/k i'll need at least 10 of those (literally) to make me full

cheapest is to go to costco and buy a 17 pack hot pockets for 10 dollars then pack 2 hot pockets everyday for lunch
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Thanks for the input from everybody. I just made cold pasta for my lunch tomorrow, took more time than I expected, think I need more practice in the cooking department - or I need to pack simpler lunches.

The burritos look good, and easy to make too, probably try that for Tuesday's lunch

For me I usually make spam and egg sandwiches, but on other occasions I make fried rice, pasta or just have left overs. I usually pack them in a lunchbox, then microwave them the following day.

I usually make my packed lunches while I make my dinner. Just so I don't have to wake up early in the morning to pack my lunch.

I want to make a chicken tikka masala wrap but I never get round to buying the ingredients.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 01-18-09 at 05:44 PM.
    Have you learned to love one another?

Stir-fry is easy...just toss meat, veggies, garlic together and you're done. Or you can add oyster/soy sauce if you like.

Pastas are easy too...usually I make the sauce at night, so in the morning, I only need to cook the pasta.

Or buy some take-out dinner from your favorite restaurants. Eat some for dinner and put some for tomorrow's lunch. Easy

I usually have the same thing for dinner and tomorrow's lunch. Same people say they get bored if they do this...but I don't care. Or sometimes, I just bring frozen TV dinner if I'm too lazy to cook.

Throw in yogurt and/or fruit + bottle of water and I have my lunch ready.

Before your family eat dinner, try to put some aside for your lunchbox.....

Thanks for the input from everybody. I just made cold pasta for my lunch tomorrow, took more time than I expected, think I need more practice in the cooking department - or I need to pack simpler lunches.

The burritos look good, and easy to make too, probably try that for Tuesday's lunch
    Not only simple, healthy lunches do good for supplement of energy for the day of work.

The wrap-folds for Burritos are called tortillas, I think you should be able to find it in your nearby supermarket. Tortillas can neatly replace rice, potato for carbohydrate needed.

Suggestions:-

For some additional flavour, you may spread the pasta sauce on the tortillas before anything else.

Shredded cheddar cheese, cubed chicken (boiled, skin removed), lettuce, shrimps, scramble eggs, sausages/hot dogs, corn, spam, canned tuna - are some suggested contents you may want to add in your burrito

In conclusion, Tortillas go well with nearly anything, even fried rice for the content. It's simple to do as long as you have the wrap-folds.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-18-09 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Suggestions:-

For some additional flavour, you may spread the pasta sauce on the tortillas before anything else.

Shredded cheddar cheese, cubed chicken (boiled, skin removed), lettuce, shrimps, scramble eggs, sausages/hot dogs, corn, spam, canned tuna - are some suggested contents you may want to add in your burrito

In conclusion, Tortillas go well with nearly anything, even fried rice for the content. It's simple to do as long as you have the wrap-folds.

what a wonderful idea! i'll try this!
    it's grocery night after work tonight so i'll pick up tortillas!
    thanks for the wonderful suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    what a wonderful idea! i'll try this!
    it's grocery night after work tonight so i'll pick up tortillas!
    thanks for the wonderful suggestion!
    A healthy meal is a good meal.
    Food for life
    Enjoy, young lady!