Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comic War: The Avengers (Marvel) vs. Justice League of America (DC)

Default Comic War: The Avengers (Marvel) vs. Justice League of America (DC)

Alrightey, people, I don't know the greatness of DC comics so please throw your views, pointers, opinions, whatever in here. (Til then, we could get some ideas and break free to create another thread on something else about DC and/or Marvel comics.)

Let's put this upfront, I'm not that well-equipped with knowledge of the Marvel Universe, so I need your help, Marvel supporters!

If my memory serves me (still serving..?), I vaguely remember there's one character(or more than one) that ''dodges" between DC and Marvel. Am I right?

Looking at the above bias-ness, you people can judge that this thread originator is with the Marvel Universe

Poem:

Salute to the Captain America who stands tall,
    The amazing Spider-Man spins a web and crawls on the wall.
    The invincible Iron Man leads the Avengers and Fantastic Four!
    The righteous side of the Marvel World was a big group of family,
    until the inforcement of Superhuman Registration Act, and declares a Civil War.
    Then the question lies, Whose Side Are You On?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://homepage.usask.ca/~jms162/Marvel%20-%20Iron%20Man%20(2).jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.coverbrowser.com/lab/top/image/amazing-spider-man-539-large.jpg')

P/s: Hhmmm, happily posting away, I forgot........ has the proposal for comics been approved? lol
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Too late in the evening to get into this, but you might enjoy this image:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chirographum.com/images/AVENGERS_JLA_3.jpg')

In this illustration is EVERY DC and Marvel superhero to have been a member of the Justice League or Avengers from the founding of the teams in the early 1960s until 2003 (when DC and Marvel copublished the crossover series JLA/AVENGERS).

Gosh! I'm seeing stars! Thanks, Ken!

Actually, is this JLA a similar operation to Avengers? (I reckon I boo-boo the title )

Hey, you know, Thor is coming to movies, likely next year. Now, I'm getting curious about Thor when I was reading Marvel Civil War. I didn't follow every volume of that series because some drawings and colours are extremely terrible. And, the stories simply put your mood off.

On the Marvel Civil War, I'm really touched by the stories on Captain America. I find him a very raw character. But the stupid comic (Civil War series) did not show how exactly Captain America died, I think.

I know little about Green Lantern and his ring, and I was told that he has a very unique story from other superheroes. What's with him?

Thank you for patronising !
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I never really did answer this post, so I guess I'd better do it now (even though it's almost a year late).

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post

Actually, is this JLA a similar operation to Avengers? (I reckon I boo-boo the title )
    Pretty much. In their respective universes, the Justice League of America and the Avengers are considered to be teams of the "world's greatest/mightiest superheroes," and when some huge menace threatens the DC or Marvel universes, the people turn to the JLA and the Avengers to save them.

On the Marvel Civil War, I'm really touched by the stories on Captain America. I find him a very raw character. But the stupid comic (Civil War series) did not show how exactly Captain America died, I think.
    He was shot.

As it turns out, however, Cap didn't *really* die. The story of his return is progressing right now in assorted Marvel Comics.

I know little about Green Lantern and his ring, and I was told that he has a very unique story from other superheroes. What's with him?
    From the Silver Age onward, the Green Lantern mythos has been tied inextricably into cosmic beings called the Guardians of the Universe and their intergalactic police force, the Green Lantern Corps. While other superheroes such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc., are one-of-a-kind, independent superheroes, the Green Lantern of Earth (and there have been four of them over the years - Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, and Kyle Rayner) is simply one "cosmic police officer" who is part of an intergalactic police force of 3,600 other beings who also wield similar rings and serve similar functions in their assigned space sectors.

DC heroes should win easily against the Avengers. Too many heavy hitters on DC team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    DC heroes should win easily against the Avengers. Too many heavy hitters on DC team.
    i second the win but i wouldnt say easy.
    The hulk will be the biggest problem for dc universe to defeat. The hulk himself may be able to beat the entire avengers.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    The hulk will be the biggest problem for dc universe to defeat. The hulk himself may be able to beat the entire avengers.
    Even the Hulk would have a tough time against a roster that might potentially include Superman, Wonder Woman, the Martian Manhunter, and Captain Marvel (Shazam!).

the justice league of america will get their @sses handed to them in no time, there's no doubt about that, the Scarlet Witch alone can use her cosmic level reality warping ability to put the whole Jla in an endless twisted nightmare wherein they will have to fight against each other for all eternity or till death.

I would so love to see a Civil War (or similar) occuring between DC and Marvel world.

Fight it out, buggers! Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    the justice league of america will get their @sses handed to them in no time, there's no doubt about that, the Scarlet Witch alone can use her cosmic level reality warping ability to put the whole Jla in an endless twisted nightmare wherein they will have to fight against each other for all eternity or till death.
    The Justice League has Zatanna, however, who can duplicate any feat the Scarlet Witch can perform.

If that isn't enough, the JLA also has the Phantom Stranger.

And Doctor Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    The Hulk can't beat the entire avengers by himself...not when you have guys like Thor & the Sentry running around. The hulk isn't even physically as strong as DC guys like superman or martian manhunter, even if he starts going all world war hulk I think someone from the Justice League can just toss him into the sun or something.

Not to mention, while Hulk is strong, both Hercules and Thor have been shown to match him. Hercules was shown recently as being able to defeat Sentry though not Thor.

And while Wanda can alter reality, it's been shown time and again that she has little control over her powers on a large scale, only small scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    The Hulk can't beat the entire avengers by himself...not when you have guys like Thor & the Sentry running around. The hulk isn't even physically as strong as DC guys like superman or martian manhunter, even if he starts going all world war hulk I think someone from the Justice League can just toss him into the sun or something.
    Moreover, even if the Hulk can match the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, or Captain Marvel for sheer strength, he can't match them for speed. Hulk's speed is not extraordinary; each of the above DC heroes has superspeed only a notch or two below that of the Flash.

Also, from what he's done, Martian Manhunter's telepathy is stronger than Xavier's, he can probably just probe into the Hulk's mind and force him to change back to Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The Justice League has Zatanna, however, who can duplicate any feat the Scarlet Witch can perform.

If that isn't enough, the JLA also has the Phantom Stranger.
    i don't know much about Zatanna, but a quick search tells me that she can't immitate the Scarlet Witch's reality warping power. in House of M, the Scarlet Witch was shown to be able to alter reality at a cosmic scale without being discovered by all but very few beings who possess extreme telepathic powers. she also easily depowered the majority of the Earth's mutant population with a snap of the fingers, not even mutants of great powers like Magneto, Prof. X, or Iceman could escape her wrath.
    the Phantom Stranger is a formidable dude because he is nigh-omniscient and might be immortal but his range of powers are basically limited to those only, which does not guarantee that he will be able to break out of a mad reality created by the Scarlet Witch, let alone kill her.

Just wondering, how powerful is Wanda suppose to be? A multiversal reality warper or what? Nonetheless she is still human so her durability is quite weak. Someone with speed on the DC team can just knock her out before she can do anything IMO...

I don't know about the limit of the Scarlet Witch (Wanda)'s powers, but she's extremely powerful (though not on a multiversal level yet), even when she was not fighting with all her might it took the combined force of Dr Strange and the Avengers to beat her, and in House of M, after seeing Magneto (her dad) killing Quicksilver (her brother) she flew into a rage and depowered like 99% of the Earth's mutant population, all was done in just a matter of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    I don't know about the limit of the Scarlet Witch (Wanda)'s powers, but she's extremely powerful (though not on a multiversal level yet), even when she was not fighting with all her might it took the combined force of Dr Strange and the Avengers to beat her, and in House of M, after seeing Magneto (her dad) killing Quicksilver (her brother) she flew into a rage and depowered like 99% of the Earth's mutant population, all was done in just a matter of seconds.
    You need to understand that HOUSE OF M was a special situation, however, wherein the Scarlet Witch's normal abilities were boosted through special circumstances (ironically, I believe, connected to the time she spent in the DC Universe during JLA/AVENGERS; in the DCU, which is more magic-rich than the MU, Scarlet Witch experienced a temporary boost in her powers...though at substantial cost because that extra power was also killing her). What we see in HOUSE OF M does not represent her normal power limits.

The Kent Nelson Doctor Fate can take her down. Dr. Fate can destroy whole realities. The only entity that is sure to be able to defeat Dr. Fate is the Spectre who is the living embodiment of God's Wrath.
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 12-31-09 at 02:10 PM.