Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comic War: The Avengers (Marvel) vs. Justice League of America (DC)

Honestly I still believe Wanda can be taken down easily by any DC speedster due to her lack of durability, it would not matter how much havoc she can potentially cause if the Flash can break her neck before she realises the battle has begun.

And so, this is our Thor in person....sneaky-looking guy. Doesn't look convincing, IMO.

click to show/hide spoilers
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/hemsworth-thor.jpg')
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I think he can pull it off...wonder who's going to be Capt. America?

I heard they're trying to cast Will Smith as Cap.

Will Smith = Cap? I hope that won't happen. It feels odd. Cap is nothing like Hancock. Smith's slightly hip-hoppy persona may not blend in well as Cap, I feel.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Will Smith can play a wide range of roles. I just always associated Cap with being a big white guy. Now they're doing all this racial equality thing, like a black Catwoman. I reckon they should take it a step further and make Captain American, an Asian American.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Will Smith can play a wide range of roles. I just always associated Cap with being a big white guy. Now they're doing all this racial equality thing, like a black Catwoman. I reckon they should take it a step further and make Captain American, an Asian American.
    If they wanted to really go PC, there would be multiple Captains America: a Native American, a traditional white American, an African-American, a Latino-American, and perhaps an Asian-American too.

Of course, it'd be easy to get carried away with this because it'd be extremely impractical to have a Captain America for every single ethnicity that lives in the U.S.

i think everyone is underestimating the hulk...true, DC should be able to take this more often than not (assuming we're talking every character at based or standard level), but remember doomsday? the one who handed the JL their ***? he's basically another hulk. if doomsday can put up a battle, i think hulk can too. though ultimately he will get his *** kick, lol. too many superpower and magic weilders fighting for DC. I think phantom stranger alone should be able to do mad damage.

Too bad the hulk is nowhere near the strength levels of the DC heavyweights. Are we talking about characters at their strongest or the just the standard ones...?

I haven't pay attention to Hulk but he seems an average fighter to me.

There's an official statement made on the role of Captain America sometime ago. Who would expect the slimy bloke, Chris Evan, could obtain dual heroic identities in the Marvel World? I can understand if they'd dropped Sam Worthington but...... Chris Evans? Hollywood gawd nomore actors?
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 04-07-10 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    Too bad the hulk is nowhere near the strength levels of the DC heavyweights.
    In terms of raw strength, the Hulk can rival DC's heavyhitters, but his problem is that he's one-dimensional. The Hulk can probably slug it out with Superman, but he lacks Superman's incredible speed (second only to the Flash) and auxiliary long-range capabilities (i.e. heat vision, freeze breath).

But the hulk has no upper limit cap on his strength. And his regeneration is among the most extreme of any Marvel characters. He healed from a point blank nuclear warhead that left him little more than a skeleton.

But the hulk has no upper limit cap on his strength.
    Neither does Superman, really. The true limits of Superman's strength has never been ascertained, and as long as a yellow sun is nearby, his strength is effectively unlimited.

And his regeneration is among the most extreme of any Marvel characters. He healed from a point blank nuclear warhead that left him little more than a skeleton.
    So has Superman...who actually returned from being *dead* once.

Superman can move the moon. Puny Hulk can't even survive in out space.

But the hulk has no upper limit cap on his strength. And his regeneration is among the most extreme of any Marvel characters. He healed from a point blank nuclear warhead that left him little more than a skeleton.
    Honestly I have not seen the Hulk produce feats that Superman has, and his strength is limited by his anger, there's only so much anger you can feel really... IMO the best showing Hulk has ever had was during World War Hulk, now the raw power of that guy I can see possibly rivalling Superman's. Too bad there aren't any canonical versions of battles between the two. Aside from that, there are other Marvel people more dangerous than the Hulk in this battle like the Sentry, Black Bolt, or Dr.Strange.

Honestly I have not seen the Hulk produce feats that Superman has, and his strength is limited by his anger, there's only so much anger you can feel really... IMO the best showing Hulk has ever had was during World War Hulk, now the raw power of that guy I can see possibly rivalling Superman's. Too bad there aren't any canonical versions of battles between the two. Aside from that, there are other Marvel people more dangerous than the Hulk in this battle like the Sentry, Black Bolt, or Dr.Strange.
    Considering how neither Sentry nor Hulk could gain the upperhand and how Hercules was able to toy with the Sentry (and Venom), I'd say Hercules is way up there too; probably explains why Thor was able to go toe to toe with Superman.

Hercules is definitely up there with the best of the Marvel crew. The Sentry stalemated WWH, but I think he is probably capable of tossing other versions like Savage Hulk into the sun quite easily to be honest. Thor, especially if he still had the Odinforce would do some serious damage to DC. This battle might come down to the street level heroes though...I'd like to see that.

The Hulk once delayed the Juggernaught for a moment in time. He actually stopped an unstoppable force.
    But Hulk and Supes isn't a good match up anyway, though he sometimes gets pretty creative when he fights. Particularly when there are S class type mutants whose powers go to the molecular level or manipulate the universe itself. Even Iron Man might be better suited.

Actually I wouldn't mind a matchup between Ironman & Batman, give them a couple days of prep & let them try outsmarting each other.

Yeah, that would be fun. Throw Spiderman into the mix as well, he thinks on his feet alot when he fights.