View Poll Results: Which is the most profound, advanced martial arts system in DGSD?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dali Deun Family's 1 Yeung Finger/6 Mak Divine Swords

14 48.28%
  • Siu Yiu Sect's Bak Ming Sun Gung

9 31.03%
  • Shaolin's Yik Gun Ging

6 20.69%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: What is the most profound, advanced martial art in DGSD?

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Regarding Duan Yu vs JMZ, I must ask how did you guys expect Duan Yu to perform in his first ever fight? So to demonstrate the prowess of 6MSJ. Take down JMZ in some dozens of stances? .
    I don't even use that point to debate because I agree that it was his first fight.

So how would you address the issue of 'divinely inspired' and 'smooth execution' DY taking down MRF even slower then Duan Yanqing could do with only Yi Yang Zhi?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I don't even use that point to debate because I agree that it was his first fight.

So how would you address the issue of 'divinely inspired' and 'smooth execution' DY taking down MRF even slower then Duan Yanqing could do with only Yi Yang Zhi?
    Now moving on to DY vs MRF.

That match was even better narrated that Duan Yu was inexperienced with 6MSJ and demonstrated moments of extraordinary 6MSJ but sometimes novice strokes. It was until XF pointed out to use one sword only that he achieved better results. Considering he took about dozens of stances (we don't know exactly, but I thought it was pretty quick) with one sword to take MRF down, imagine the full 6MSJ in a real competent user. Do remember that he was still a relative novice at this point.

That really doesn't matter.

Ultimately, 6MSJ full techniques wasn't unleashed by DY. That much is plain.

But 6MSJ is still a purely internal energy attack which is something that DY did unleash the full power of at various points. But the nature of internal energy attacks is that equal attacks cancel.

So if someone had the same internal energy as a hypothetical 6MSJ master, the said 6MSJ won't really have a great advantage as you think. This is because all the techniques he can wield with 10 swords is negated as he is forced to use all 10 to defend against a single blast wave.

Simply put, HL18P's philosophy of simplicity trumps over 6MSJ's complexity. If 6MSJ featured real swords that do not disappear against an equal force, there's a different story. But it's not.

MRF didn't so much lose against 6MSJ's techniques but that he had no way of dealing with it since his internal energy was so much lower. If DY had the Heaven Sword and was unleashing a strong sword technique (say one of the 6MSJ techniques that were less agile) using it then MRF also would
    (A) Not be able to disarm DY since he was focusing on one technique and then doing it well
    (B) Not be able to block attacks since the Heaven Sword would break his weapon

The result would have been the same.

I can see your point that with DY's level of internal energy, he could be strong with any old martial arts. But we know he is a complete novice and I don't agree any martial arts would've reaped the same results as 6MSJ did for Duan Yu. MRF was overwhelmed by the techniques and power, as decided by the specific single sword used by Duan Yu at that time.

段誉逃过了飞笔穿胸之险,定一定神,大拇指按出,使动“少商剑法”。这路剑法大开大阖,气派宏伟,每一剑刺出,都有石破天惊、风雨大至之势,慕容复一笔一钩,渐感难以抵挡。 (Power)

段誉将一路少商剑法使完,拇指一屈,食指点出,变成了“商阳剑法”。
      这商阳剑的剑势不及少商剑宏大,轻灵迅速却远有远之,他食指连动,一剑又一剑的刺出,快速无比。使剑全仗手腕灵活,但出剑收剑,不论如何快速,总是有数尺的距 离,他以食指运那无形剑气,却不过是手指在数寸范围内转动,一点一戳,何等方便?(Speed , technique, and note the ease of use)

萧峰见段誉的无形剑气越出越神妙 (Exquisite sword qi)

It was also said in the same chapter that the use of full 6 Swords is much more powerful than a single sword. Judging from the text, Duan Yu took something over 20 stances to defeat MRF, imagine how long it will take with the full 6 Swords?

Secondly, another skill would not have reaped the instant boost at Celetial Dragon Temple, he would've been a novice at whatever skill he learned then (as he was for 6MSJ) and imagine being a novice at Tianshan Arts or P-Palm, it would hardly impress JMZ, even with DY's internal. Xuzhu with a greater internal only used his well-practiced Tianshan Arts to fight JMZ to a draw (semi-win) and Duan Yu probably has even less fighting experience than Xuzhu. However a novice 6MSJ allowed Duan Yu to instantly challenge Elite level. I would not imagine other Greats skills to do so.
    Last edited by flamer; 01-24-09 at 01:06 PM.

DY and XZ should just learn poison based martial arts...as their only weakness seems to be people who have higher internal than them, and nobody does.

Edit: To clarify, I meant poison based martial arts' only weakness is someone with superior energy, not XZ or Dy, who are completely full of weaknesses.
    Last edited by tape; 01-25-09 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    DY and XZ should just learn poison based martial arts...as their only weakness seems to be people who have higher internal than them, and nobody does.

Edit: To clarify, I meant poison based martial arts' only weakness is someone with superior energy, not XZ or Dy, who are completely full of weaknesses.
    XZ full of weaknesses? This is 'Mr CANNOT BE DISADVANTAGED' we are talking about!

But yes, I have often said that XZ with Decaying Corpse Poison would be insane. One stance of Chained Pearl Decaying Corpse Poison of his would take out Ju Xian Zhuang. Or wipe out the whole brightness peak.

Not very sure about YJJ, but it seems 6MSJ is more complex. How do you even go about creating it in the first place? Clearly the creator must have a substantial knowledge and experience of internal energy, swordsmanship and finger technique.

It's like the pinnacle of internal energy execution (usage) + sword technique + finger technique, all mesh up together. And its 6 fingers, not 1!
    ..ext88

I'm glad to see 6 mak is winning Who's the mak daddy?

Not very sure about YJJ, but it seems 6MSJ is more complex. How do you even go about creating it in the first place? Clearly the creator must have a substantial knowledge and experience of internal energy, swordsmanship and finger technique.
    Yes, the creator must have substantial knowledge of how the body works with regards to qi, especially qi circulation and emission.

So if you have lot of inner energy (from your qi cultivation sessions), and don't know what to do with it, buy 6msg! it's on sale for 39.99 at your nearest local Xia Yu Pai bookstore. XF himself gives TWO THUMBS UP.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 01-26-09 at 08:00 PM.

BMSG is a cheat ability if you take the Xu Zhu route. Have someone drain all of your internal energy, learn BMSG, and then take endlessly.

It's the only power on the poll that snowballs.

Theoretically, which would be stronger ... DY with his peak level of internal energy using 6MSJ or DY where instead of a physical sword, he would execute DG9J with sword qi?
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    Theoretically, which would be stronger ... DY with his peak level of internal energy using 6MSJ or DY where instead of a physical sword, he would execute DG9J with sword qi?

I'd say that latter because it would be identical to the former except that it has less restrictions on stances.

Having said that, I think DG9J and BMSG are the two most annoying 'superpowers' in the JY world.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I'd say that latter because it would be identical to the former except that it has less restrictions on stances.

Having said that, I think DG9J and BMSG are the two most annoying 'superpowers' in the JY world.
    Agreed.

But at least 6MSJ doesn't give headache inducing scenes of impossible proportions and surprising positions that make no sense whatsoever.