Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6MSJ discussion.

Frankly, outside out DY, JMZ had pretty much every right to be confident.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Frankly, outside out DY, JMZ had pretty much every right to be confident.
    and Xu Zhu.

and Sweeper Monk.

Tough being JMZ.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I was thinking about the scene at the Dragon Temple since we WERE talking about him grabbing the manual (and what XF could have done in that situation). It's as if context is a lost art.

It's as if context is a lost art.
    It's not a lost art. I'm sure some fortunate language scholar will fall down a cliff some day and discover it in some secret cave.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    The question becomes, is it even possible to master 6MSJ all the way (to the point that you can use all 10 fingers and 6 meridians effortlessly)?
    What about SPT at the end of the novel. He successfully *release* all his accupoints limitation and his chi are moving freely in all directions without limitations after looking at the wall paintings. He prolly can just use the 6MSJ effortlessly, if he can at least have a look into it. At the end of the novel SPT can do any moves that his heart desire and his fight is all on auto-mode and on instinct alone.

It's as if context is a lost art.
    Exactly!

I was agreeing with you and trying to say that he made the same mistake (met the same misfortune) twice more, later on in the novel.

Guess you didn't fall down that cliff mentioned above either.

More like you were being completely obscure since you didn't say anything about the issue and only interjected about XZ and Sweeps. It's fine if you really meant to agree and add more, but in text it wasn't exactly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    He should have. He was probably too busy trying to showboat. I think he was too confident in his own status and was expecting the Dali Monks to be in awe the Dharma King of Tibet.
    Considering the Crane-Controlling Technique got neutralized by 50% of Su Xinghe's power (when he tried to pull out Xuzhu at the chess game), I really doubt it would work swiftly against 6 Su Xinghe's (6M).
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Considering the Crane-Controlling Technique got neutralized by 50% of Su Xinghe's power (when he tried to pull out Xuzhu at the chess game), I really doubt it would work swiftly against 6 Su Xinghe's (6M).
    If it got neutralised from Su Xinghe, then i would not considered it as well mastered as XF's Qian Long Gong.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    If it got neutralised from Su Xinghe, then i would not considered it as well mastered as XF's Qian Long Gong.
    It was a bad moment for JMZ but everyone has a few of these moments. Xiao Feng couldn't kill a tiger with one stance when even a random Qing dynasty warrior could. Plus Xiao Feng needed 3 stances to outmatch Feng Bo'e, when Duan Yanqing later took out Feng Bo'e while fighting about 10x of his power in a few moves. That practically makes Duan Yanqing look several times better than Xiao Feng.

It was a bad moment for JMZ but everyone has a few of these moments. Xiao Feng couldn't kill a tiger with one stance when even a random Qing dynasty warrior could. Plus Xiao Feng needed 3 stances to outmatch Feng Bo'e, when Duan Yanqing later took out Feng Bo'e while fighting about 10x of his power in a few moves. That practically makes Duan Yanqing look several times better than Xiao Feng.
    Plus,

Not pulverising Ah Zhu instantly with a full strength strike.

Needing 3 palms to overwhelm Gongye Gan.

Beng taken aback momentarily from Zhao Qiansun's palm.

Our Mr Undefeatable has quite a few Inglorious moments.

When I said Feng Bo'e I meant Gongye Gan. Indeed, Gongye Gan being able to withstand 3 palms from Xiao Feng is simply amazing.

When I said Feng Bo'e I meant Gongye Gan. Indeed, Gongye Gan being able to withstand 3 palms from Xiao Feng is simply amazing.
    In Apricot Forest, the fact that he had not subdued (unless he was playing) Bao and Feng within half a stance (Ms Wang still had time to see his moves even if she was late - real elites should move so fast Ms Wang wouldn't see what they were doing) is quite lousy too. Compare with how he punked Divine Croc so effortlessly.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i came to a conclusion about swordchi, maybe others on the forum will agree.

6MDS was said as the energy of yiyang zhi transformed into sword chi. yiyangzhi's inner power is the duan family inner power style, which duan yu learned prior to his learning 6MDS. duan yu used the duan family inner power cultivation method to channel the chi streams in his body, then used the more advanced style of 6MDS to release the chi inside his body(unwittingly). by channeling the chi in his body using 6MDS's internal technique, the chi streams were transformed into sword chi.

there's a difference between normal chi and sword chi. at juixian manor, xiao feng unleashed a LDA at the forth evil and injured him seriously. but the injuries were internal. when JMZ unleashed his saber palm force at duan yu, if the strike had hit him, his arm would have been chopped off. elder kurong also managed to cut JMZ with his attack. and duan yu cut MRF's sleeves with his 6MDS. when ever, other experts use LDA or palm force, the injuries are internal. the force travels through the skill and injures the organ where the lifeforce circulates. only when a weapon or palm strikes the body directly does any external injury occur. HYS could tear off arms with his bare hands and kill a horse by striking it. XF could unleash such force(by building on each strike) that his opponents arms could be smashed to meat paste. in all those instances, the force has great impact but it is a blunt force. it can smash if it is high enough but not cut. sword chi is so focused, that it can cut of slash fleash cleanly.

normal chi is like a wooden staff, while sword chi is is like a sword.
    the later is a better weapon then the first , more deadlier.
    Last edited by kyss of the sword; 02-05-09 at 04:04 AM.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Agree with it- basically it is a sword bar invisible, and indivisible.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

I wouldn't say that normal LDA is internal, but more diffuse. It lacks the edge but it can still deal external damage. Since it's like attacking the entire body in one blow, the most common injury demonstrated would be internal.

Sword qi, blade qi, are qi refined to an edge, specifically meant to cut. It's not 'better' per se, but it's a more direct attack.

Is it true someone in HSDS know Yi Yang Finger?

Plus Xiao Feng needed 3 stances to outmatch Feng Bo'e, when Duan Yanqing later took out Feng Bo'e while fighting about 10x of his power in a few moves. That practically makes Duan Yanqing look several times better than Xiao Feng.
    Where did you get that? Is that 3rd edition? In my copy of 2nd edition DGSD, it totally did not look that way.

As I translated the fight:

Qiao Feng knew that once the ‘Dog Beating Formation’ was launched, the beggars in the formation would not stop until the enemy had been wounded and killed. He was unwilling to create a deep grudge with Gusu’s Murong family before he had fully investigated the situation. He immediately waved his left hand and shouted, “Wait!” His shadow swaying, he arrived before Feng Bo’e, launching a clawing attack towards his face.

Feng Bo’e dodged to the right, but Qiao Feng launched an attack with his right hand, seizing him by the wrist and disarming him. Wang Yuyan cried out, “This is a stroke from the ‘Dragon Claw Hand’ named the ‘Three Pearl-Snatching Strokes’!”

Then she cried out, “Third brother Bao, his left elbow will collide with your chest, then his right hand will chop at your upper waist, and his left hand will seize your ‘Qihu’ acupoint. This is a ‘Dragon Claw Hand’ stroke known as ‘Copious Amounts of Rain’.

Just as Wang Yuyan said, ‘his left elbow will collide with your chest’, Qiao Feng’s left elbow really did strike out and collide with Bao Butong’s chest. As Wang Yuyan said, ‘his right hand will chop at your upper waist’, Qiao Feng’s right hand really did chop at his upper waist. He acted at exactly the same moment that she spoke; the synchronicity was so perfect that it couldn’t even have been trained for. Just as Wang Yuyan said the third sentence, Qiao Feng’s fingers formed a hook and seized Bao Butong’s ‘Qihu’ acupoint.
    When dealing with Feng Bo'e, Qiao Feng feinted with his left hand and immediately disarmed/sealed his acupoints with his right. In dealing with Bao Butong, Qiao Feng's hit Bao's chest, struck his waist, and sealed his acupoint with the third. Bao Butong was totally unable to react to any of these three strikes.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

My impression was that Xiao Feng was upping the power of each palm.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by aniking_8 View Post
    Is it true someone in HSDS know Yi Yang Finger?

0_0 Not that I know of.