Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jin Yong 3 Flash Game

Default Jin Yong 3 Flash Game

Some of you may remember playing the flash game 金庸群侠传2 some time back.

For those that cant really remember, its the one where you controlled a guy in blue/white robe

Well the author has released the sequel!

Read about the development notes here

Or click here to play
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

ZZZ... gg to my study for me mid elective anatomy test.

Thanks a much .

I was so happy to have extra ppl on my team, like both Mu Nian Ci and HR, but then there is this 2 year period where I got pawned so bad, cause I have no martial arts techniques. Strong internal didnt get me very far . Where do I find the XL18Z and divine flicks?

Bump.

No one playing this?

Kinda stuck trying to kill the bronze formation.

Seems to have some kind of error when I loads my game. My HP and MP became 'undefined', and I can't fight in battles.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Yeah lotsa bugs.

Once i had undefined in all my skills. And then when i got poisoned, i keep dying even after the battle, and after i reload, after i restart. The lol part was the host gave me all his skills lol.

Wow. My character is unbelievably weak. He's got low ratings for all skill types so now I'm having big trouble in fights.

I still the disc for the Season 1 and remember spending nights playing it.

The Ju Xian Manor somewhat reminds me of Xian De Manor of Revelation of the Last Hero.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I can't even get it to start. I could play that last one despite not being able to understand the text. However, this one is a loss for me.

I didn't know there's a two-year limit thing after leaving the sect. So I spent all my time at home gathering experience points to open up all the acupuncture points, which in the end caused me to lose heavily. Hahah.

Have not started playing it yet.

Remember that the earlier version had some save bug and I had to manually copy the savegame file from my temp internet folder to the desktop as a backup.

Can the game executable be saved to hard drive to speed things up for this one?

What is the gameplay like for this one? Compared to part 2?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

It's hard, because there is a huge time restriction. Also the way to get EXP is mainly by meditating, rather than beating people to a pulp. There's lot of extra bits. Overall very confusing.

I do not like the fact that I can't get YJJ as the 6 bronze men that dish out 600 dmg each is > than 2.7k hp. Unfair that they kill you when their first hit comes.

So far, I've learnt all the skill Shaolin can teach from the 72 arts option (you can also choose 2 other, including going to Fujian to learn weaponary), except YJJ. So I end up with 6 palm techniques, and 3 finger techniques, and 2 lightness kungfu, and 9 Yang. Also obtained LWBB and BMSG at cave. And random crappy skills from the host.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    It's hard, because there is a huge time restriction. Also the way to get EXP is mainly by meditating, rather than beating people to a pulp. There's lot of extra bits. Overall very confusing.

I do not like the fact that I can't get YJJ as the 6 bronze men that dish out 600 dmg each is > than 2.7k hp. Unfair that they kill you when their first hit comes.

So far, I've learnt all the skill Shaolin can teach from the 72 arts option (you can also choose 2 other, including going to Fujian to learn weaponary), except YJJ. So I end up with 6 palm techniques, and 3 finger techniques, and 2 lightness kungfu, and 9 Yang. Also obtained LWBB and BMSG at cave. And random crappy skills from the host.
    Oh, so there is a time limit to end the game? Hate that. Like to take my time when playing any kind of game compared to going for fast win.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Yep lame eh.

But fights don't take much time or so I think, as I haven't worked out the chinese letters for different hours. Most of the days fly because you lock yourself up Z3F styles and meditate for 10-15 days in one go. These allow you skill points to put into opening accupoints, learning internal skills, improving fighting stats.

Picking fights and winning gives very little exp. So beating Xu Zhu to a pulp 100x is mainly to upgrade your physical skills, which takes a long time if you didn't put skill points into intelligence at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Oh, so there is a time limit to end the game? Hate that. Like to take my time when playing any kind of game compared to going for fast win.
    Agreed. Precisely why I can never win games such as 'The Age of Empires'.

Well rpg are not meant to have a time limit. RTS is diff imo. RTS is all about speed.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has successfully managed to download this game to their hard drive and play it from there?

You can download and run from hdd, but it won't work with all browsers and flash players. Even if it works for some ppl, it may not work for yours.

If you play it online, you can always make a backup of your save. Default location is:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User ID>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\<Some Random Alphabets>\<Web Site>

The latest version (1.08) no longer has a time limit. You can train your character with impunity.

Some features I like about this game:

Clearing of Meridians Channels (冲穴)
    A concept commonly used in wuxia but rarely translated onto games. Clearing pathways in your body allows you to increase your stats. Certain skills require you to clear certain pathways. (eg YJJ requires that you clear Ren Du Meridian Channels or 任督二脉)

Equipping of Internal Energy
    You can learn many different types of internal energy, but you can only equip one at any time. Specific combinations of technique and internal energy will result in great synergy (eg Jiu Yang + XL18)

Some types of Internal Energy will also allow you to use special attacks (Jiu Yang Shen Gong, Tai Xuan shen Gong etc)

Marriage
    Cheesy as it sounds, you can get married in this game, and it will greatly increase the stats of your companion.

Regarding YJJ. You don't necessarily have to defeat the bronze men to get it. If you are not a member of Shaolin, you can also choose to steal the manual from Shaolin (requires sneaking suit), or conquer them (lowers your Righteousness)
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

Quote Originally Posted by MrIllusion View Post
    You can download and run from hdd, but it won't work with all browsers and flash players. Even if it works for some ppl, it may not work for yours.

If you play it online, you can always make a backup of your save. Default location is:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User ID>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\<Some Random Alphabets>\<Web Site>

The latest version (1.08) no longer has a time limit. You can train your character with impunity.
    Awesome. The time limit thing was really restrictive.

Btw, are there any other sects that will take you in other than Quanzhen and Shaolin?