Thread: anyone know anything about Soundmax sound cards?

Default anyone know anything about Soundmax sound cards?

I bought a Dell which comes with integrated SoundMax Digital soundcard. The computer can play audio without speakers or headphones, but the volume is very low. My old PC’s soundcard (Soundblaster) has treble and bass options, which make the audio sound much better. This SoundMax card doesn’t have these options (under Windows’ volume controls)

I’ve googled this lousy soundcard, and there appears to be some sort of SoundMax Control Panel, which I hope may have more advanced options. But I have the latest driver, and there’s still no control panel.

Does anyone have any tips how to improve the sound? Do I have to buy a$$kickin speakers?

Like for listening to the songs of Idol3, on my computer the songs sound worse than on my work computer.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I bought a Dell which comes with integrated SoundMax Digital soundcard. The computer can play audio without speakers or headphones, but the volume is very low. My old PC’s soundcard (Soundblaster) has treble and bass options, which make the audio sound much better. This SoundMax card doesn’t have these options (under Windows’ volume controls)

I’ve googled this lousy soundcard, and there appears to be some sort of SoundMax Control Panel, which I hope may have more advanced options. But I have the latest driver, and there’s still no control panel.

Does anyone have any tips how to improve the sound? Do I have to buy a$$kickin speakers?

Like for listening to the songs of Idol3, on my computer the songs sound worse than on my work computer.

1) you will not be able to play any audio without an output device (speaker/headphone ect...)
    2) The panel is a "software" not a driver. Install the software along with the driver will give you the pannel.
    3) Some if not most speakers will let you control bass/treble, they do it via a cross over device.

Not sure what your question was, but that's a pretty general answer ....