Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong to mess with another man's wife?

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    the truth never sets anyone free. i like living in a make believe world. a simple statement of, "honey - the past is the past. my d!ck is yours now" will suffice.

most men are scums and if they say they aren't, they are lying to you. given that's the reality, i prefer the guy to keep the secret with him for the rest of my life. all i ask of him is - "play it smart and make sure i never find out cuz once i find out ... "
    LOL with an attitude like that about men, of course you are going to meet lots of scums. If you already go in thinking this guy is probably a scum cuz most guys are scums, everything he does will be suspicious to you.

Like I said, pay attention to a man's actions, not to his words. It's quite easy to tell the basic character of a person.

For example, GF was convinced that YG was scum, and she dismissed his heroic actions. Wrong approach. Mu Nian Ci listened to YK's words and ignored his actions. Wrong approach again.
    Last edited by jiang bao; 02-04-09 at 11:23 AM.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    LOL with an attitude like that about men, of course you are going to meet lots of scums. If you already go in thinking this guy is probably a scum cuz most guys are scums, everything he does will be suspicious to you.

Like I said, pay attention to a man's actions, not to his words. It's quite easy to tell the basic character of a person.

For example, GF was convinced that YG was scum, and she dismissed his heroic actions. Wrong approach. Mu Nian Ci listened to YK's words and ignored his actions. Wrong approach again.
    I totally agree. It's not like all guys are bad. It is like once you are screwed over by one, then you think all men are bad. That is stereotyping which I think is not a good thing.

Exactly, actions are stronger than words. Saying something is one thing, but doing them is another.... I have a friend who people think is an angel when they meet her for the first time. However, after awhile you see that she is all talk and no play. For example, she would say we will be doing this and that, but she NEVER does any of it... Right away, we all know what kind of person she is... When you confront her, she makes up the longest list of excuses ever....

That definately is the easiest way to judge any person's basic characteristics whether it be male or female.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

She's pregnant?! I haven't seen that this has been confirmed - so sorry if I missed it in a previous post. I'd be highly suspicious of someone who walks around with a positive pregnancy test in her purse and conveniently pulls it out after she gets the hint you're trying to break things off. Get it confirmed before doing anything else, go with her to her doctor or ask for a medical report (easily faked so not that good) or ??? - maybe one of the docs can suggest something - rabbit test, rabbit test, rabbit test (sorry Ced). If she starts making excuses, that should tell you something too.

Take it from an old guy who's been around the block so many times he's worn the corners off, this is one of the oldest tricks in the book. If I had to marry every girl that told me she was pregnant I'd have to move to Utah. Once you're absolutely sure she's pregnant, then you can start worrying about whether it's yours, what to do, etc. One step at a time Radken, don't jump to conclusions.

And if this whole story is fiction, good job on getting us to open up more than usual. I don't think I've ever seen a lounge thread this hot.

Best wishes and keep thinking with the head that's got a brain in it.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

Yes...Panda, I'd like to introduce to you one of my favorite poems. It is called, "The Right Kind of People".

Gone is the city, gone is the day,
    Yet still the story and meaning stay:
    Once where a prophet in the palm shade basked'
    A traveler chanced at noon to rest his miles.
    "What sort of people may they be," he asked,
    "In this proud city on the plains o'erspread?"
    "Well, friend, what sort of people whence you came?"
    "What sort?" the packman scowled, "why, knaves and fools,"
    "You'll find the people here the same," the wise man said.
    Another stranger in the dusk drew near,
    And pausing, cried "What sort of people here
    In your bright city where yon towers arise?"
    "What sort?" the pilgrim smiled,
    "Good, true and wise."
    "You'll find the people here the same,"
    The wise man said.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by john-e View Post
    Best wishes and keep thinking with the head that's got a brain in it.

Good advice.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Yes...Panda, I'd like to introduce to you one of my favorite poems. It is called, "The Right Kind of People".

Gone is the city, gone is the day,
    Yet still the story and meaning stay:
    Once where a prophet in the palm shade basked'
    A traveler chanced at noon to rest his miles.
    "What sort of people may they be," he asked,
    "In this proud city on the plains o'erspread?"
    "What sort?" the packman scowled, "why, knaves and fools,"
    "You'll find the people here the same," the wise man said.
    Another stranger in the dusk drew near,
    And pausing, cried "What sort of people here
    In your bright city where yon towers arise?"
    "What sort?" the pilgrim smiled,
    "Good, true and wise."
    "You'll find the people here the same,"
    The wise man said.
    Thanks - i failed poetry by the way. I do like it even though I had to read it twice to fully get it.

It's easy to see others mistakes but it isn't so clear when I'm actually GF or MNC. Thanks for your concern though. It's great how you can pull in the wu xia analogy, cracks me up! Thank God you picked the popular ones otherwise I'd be sitting here going "HUH!?!"
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

I think the important thing is to keep perspective. Take a step back and analyze the situation from as neutral a viewpoint as you can. Everyone is prone to painting oneself into a corner sometimes with counter-productive obsessive thoughts - missing the forest for the trees to use a cliche. It sometimes isn't easy, but you have to train yourself to think constructively, to think in terms of if I am not happy with a certain situation, how can I improve it? instead of laboring on pointless thoughts like men are scum or women are gold diggers, etc.

Like tonight, I cracked up so bad when some teenage girl started crying hysterically cuz she got booted off Idol. She was like wah wah wah this is the only thing I know how to do wah wah wah. (If that's true, she's screwed cuz she can't sing that well either) LOL! Cmon lets get real. There could be much worse things happening.

Don't get me wrong; the world sucks except if you are rich and/or good looking, in which case you have a better chance of having an easy life. However, we still have one life to live, so might as well try to make the best of it. Thinking positively isn't magic, it won't make your life wonderful, but it will give you a chance (whereas if you think negatively you are pretty much doomed to fail).

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Meh in the end, it really depends on the person and how you feel about them. If you really love them, yea maybe all of this wouldn't really matter so much.

But who knows if we will find someone we "love" that much? I don't believe that it's so practical to look for true love. If I'm going to eventually "settle" for someone I have good feelings as a potential husband but may not necessarily be in head over heels crazy in love with, I might as well try to find someone who doesn't have a shady past. And whatever, I'm sure 99% of the male population has cheated, been in adulterous relationships, broken laws....right.

Of course, I know it's unrealistic to control that. But hey if I can't have "love", then at least hopefully someone up there will take pity on me not to get a previous adulterous wife-beating scheming lying dude lol.
    Wow, where is that 99% come from ? If that the reality, the human race wouldn't survive to these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Ken's getting all philosophical. He needs to get laid.
    do you have any other solution other than get laid?

Originally Posted by 999roses
    And P.S. it's not THAT hard to find to find a guy or girl who has a relatively clean past with no messy relationships involving adultery, spousal abuse, breaking the law, etc. Not everyone has a shady past. I don't think it'll be THAT hard to find a future spouse with these characteristics.

Yeah that guy calls himself Trien Chieu. Good luck.
    Candide, thank you for using me as a role model

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    do you have any other solution other than get laid?
    When a man is sweaty & thirsty, there's only one solution for him: drink water.

When a man hasn't got any for a while and is getting all philosophical and emo, there's only one solution for him: get laid.

Candide, thank you for using me as a role model
    You're welcome. By the way, everytime I think I've figured out your limits, you surprise me. Well done, champ.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

You're welcome. By the way, everytime I think I've figured out your limits, you surprise me. Well done, champ.
    TC - nothing really upsets him ... really ...
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

Back to the topic, if Jackie is indeed pregnant then I think the best thing Radken can do now is wait till she gives birth. After that, he should somehow take a paternity test. If he is not the father, then he should stay far away from her. If he is, then he should live up to his responsibilty and take care of the baby regardless of whether he will end up with Jackie or not. He should be there for the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    He should be there for the baby.
    If Jackie's husband doesn't chop him into pieces yet by then.

Her problem, not yours. Every chick has a heart-bleeding sob story. This one is starring in her own Asian drama: chick from poor family marries rich, now gets the sh!t in a loveless marriage & is fishing for Captains Save-A-Ho to rescue her. That's the friggin' plot of many Asian TV serials.
    LOL! That's the funniest post i've seen in this thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Update for bunbun:

The girl is now preggy and Radken is thinking about what to do.

Han Solo
    OH my, this does sound like an asian drama.

It's probably too late to say this but when you started this topic you were at the crossroads. You chose a certain path now you have to ride it all the way to the end. I wish you the best of luck.

That's why I would never commit adultery. It's part of the 10 commandments for a reason. It leads to all sorts of complications and headaches, not to mention the moral factor. But anyway, I hope you sort this all out and everyone ends up happy

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    But anyway, I hope you sort this all out and everyone ends up happy
    How can everyone end up happy?
    Someone is bound to end up pissed at someone. This is just one big ugly mess. Just damn glad I am not in Radken's shoes.

I think it would be best if Radken posts an update announcing this entire story is made up and it's his idea of an early April fools joke.

No kidding eh...... the odd's are slim but there's always hope.

btw, i just read Ken's heartbreak thread. Man after reading that i felt so depressed

These long threads really hit home eh?

Quote Originally Posted by john-e View Post
    She's pregnant?! I haven't seen that this has been confirmed - so sorry if I missed it in a previous post. I'd be highly suspicious of someone who walks around with a positive pregnancy test in her purse and conveniently pulls it out after she gets the hint you're trying to break things off. Get it confirmed before doing anything else, go with her to her doctor or ask for a medical report (easily faked so not that good) or ??? - maybe one of the docs can suggest something - rabbit test, rabbit test, rabbit test (sorry Ced). If she starts making excuses, that should tell you something too.
    we should clone more Trien Chieu-s to do tests.

Take it from an old guy who's been around the block so many times he's worn the corners off, this is one of the oldest tricks in the book. If I had to marry every girl that told me she was pregnant I'd have to move to Utah. Once you're absolutely sure she's pregnant, then you can start worrying about whether it's yours, what to do, etc. One step at a time Radken, don't jump to conclusions.
    Yepp, Raddie, take it from the wise old goat

Don't Chick Chicky Boom
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Dang, panda, what's with the misandry?

If you include jaywalking as a crime, then yes probably almost all men have committed crimes. But then so have nearly all women.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post

btw, i just read Ken's heartbreak thread. Man after reading that i felt so depressed
    There've been a few...shall we say, unexpected developments on that front most recently.

But this is Radken's thread.