Thread: Kiu Fung and Deun Jing Tsun - after the misunderstanding

Default Kiu Fung and Deun Jing Tsun - after the misunderstanding

A misunderstanding engineered by Madame Ma put Kiu Fung and Deun Jing Tsun at odds, resulting in the tragic death of Ah Chu. How was the relationship between the two men after the misunderstanding had been cleared up?

The next time that Kiu Fung and Deun Jing Tsun met after the Ah Chu tragedy and its aftermath was during the great Heroes' Conference at Shaolin, by which time some water had passed under the bridge. The two men seemed to get along all right at that point and seemed to have developed a mutual respect for one another. They shared a great deal, after all: not only were both prominent wulin heroes, but they shared the Ah Chu tragedy as well as ongoing concern for Ah Chi. Deun Jing Tsun was, after all, essentially Kiu Fung's father-in-law, and of course, they also had a connection via Deun Yu.

My impression of DZC is that he did not seem to care that much about his daughters. So he did not take Ah Zhu's death as hard as one would expect a normal dad would.

Besides, if not for XF. He would have died at DYQ's hands.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    My impression of DZC is that he did not seem to care that much about his daughters. So he did not take Ah Zhu's death as hard as one would expect a normal dad would.
    He barely knew his daughters, so there wasn't a deep emotional investment built over time. Still, a child is a child, and Deun Jing Tsun wasn't a heartless man, after all.

But I think he recognized that Kiu Fung had been duped (by Madame Ma, maliciously, and by Ah Chu, benignly), so couldn't really bring himself to blame Kiu Fung for what happened to Ah Chu.

True, but the surprise is that conversely, Kiu Fung bore Deun Jing Tsun no bitterness after discovering that Madame Ma had set them up. Deun was blameless in that, so Kiu really didn't have much to blame him for, but a little bitterness would be expected considering how it all turned out.

For similar reasons, I found it surprising that Hui Juk became a good friend and brother of Kiu Fung's after all that had happened between their fathers. It's sort of hard to overlook those kinds of things.

Yep, and he saved Duan Zhengchun again later from Bai Shijing/Madam Ma.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    For similar reasons, I found it surprising that Hui Juk became a good friend and brother of Kiu Fung's after all that had happened between their fathers. It's sort of hard to overlook those kinds of things.
    DGSD 1982 portrayed it much more harshly. IN the novel Xiao Feng was very understanding, never blamed Xuanci, and forgave him on the spot after learning about Murong Bo. The beating was all Xuanci's idea, so there was no hard feeling between Xuzhu and Xiao Feng.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

To Deun Jing Tsun's credit, I think he was the first wulin person whom Kiu Fung met after the revelation of his origins and identity that didn't automatically assume, "Kiu Fung! That Khitan dog who murdered his foster parents and teacher!" Deun Jing Tsun was the first one who actually seemed to think, "I've heard of those things they said about Kiu Fung, but I really don't believe them. They sound like b.s. to me."

I always thought Duan Zhengchun can be considered a great man. Other than his shortcoming of impregnating every woman he passes by, he's really quite decent and righteous, and I loved Patrick Tse's portrayal.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I always thought Duan Zhengchun can be considered a great man. Other than his shortcoming of impregnating every woman he passes by, he's really quite decent and righteous, and I loved Patrick Tse's portrayal.
    Deun Yin Hing aside, the Deuns of Dali were all righteous men (and even Yin Hing, as the leader of the Four Great Evils, had a sense of honor).

The Deuns were probably the best bosses ever to work for in wulin. In both the DGSD era and the L/ROCH era, the Deuns always treated their followers with great respect...more like brothers or friends than subordinates.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i don't think that he really cared for his daughters that much. he didn't pay much attention when Mu yanqing left. or what happened to zhong ling after she got kidnapped. he really only cared for his son and his women. his daughters were sort of disposable to him.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/