Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gallen Lo engaged, to be married end of 2009

Default Gallen Lo engaged, to be married end of 2009

Gallen Lo and Sophie Su are engaged to be married

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/sehseh/U2389P28T3D1910246F358DT20080214122.jpg')

There was a recent magazine report that Gallen Lo and mainland actress Sophie Su were engaged in Beijing on 5th of Jan (lunar new year). They are getting married at the end of the year. Gallen and Sophie have been dating for a year. Reporter asked Gallen if the news is true, Gallen replied "Its been arranged from above."

46 year old Gallen Lo and 34 year old mainland actress Sophie Su were engaged in Beijing on 30th Jan.(5th lunar new year) According to the lunar calender, 5th is a very good day . Gallen and Sophie both felt that their marriage has been arranged from above. Reporter contacted Gallen by phone to wish him all the happiness, Gallen said "Thanks for your well wishes, this is arranged from above. Our love is so beautiful." It is reported that the wedding will be held in Beijing at the end of the year. There will be a wedding banquet and friends and relatives will be invited to attend. Gallen will be moving to live in Beijing after he has finished the TV series "Root of Evil".

Gallen and his ex wife Fong Mun Yee were divorced in 2007. Gallen met Sophie in the mainland when he was filming the TV series "Perfect Ending". The two have been dating for a year but keeping a very low profile about their romance. Gallen told a few close friends that he likes Sophie's characters and admires the way she works. He said "I have finally found someone I can communicate with my ideas." Gallen has taken this relationship very seriously. It took them a year to get to know each other very well and Gallen wants to give her a "proper title" that is why they are getting married at the end of the year.

Sophie was graduated at Shandong College of Arts and she is quite well known. She had worked with Tony Leung in "Lust Caution" as Mrs Ma as well as acting in "Everlasting Regret" Sophie was nominated for the 2006 "Best Supporting Actress" Sophie has high expectation of herself, often wanted to do her best. Earlier on she wrote in her Blog talking about "Perfect Ending"; she praised Gallen as a very professional actor and the two has something in common. They worked well together and they find each other "Exciting" and "Refreshing".

Source: Oriental Daily
    Translator: Dragon888@AEU/AVN

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/sehseh/000d8780198a0af24c1102.jpg')
    Casual pics

The bottom pix make her look a little like Michelle Yeoh.

Best wishes to Gallen, who apparently nobody likes enough to respond about . I guess it's cuz he's not marrying somebody really old or rich or something.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Default warning: rant

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but...

Don't these folks in the entertainment industry do anything other than get married/unmarried anymore? The last four or five threads started on this forum are about entertainment figures getting married or getting out of marriages...as if that's all they ever do!

I mean, these people first became famous because they're talented actors or singers, right? How about some news about their work...their art...some exhibition of their talent and skill rather than just someone getting married/unmarried (again)?

Don't worry, Ken. You'll get there.

Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

It's not about anything related to me personally. It's about wanting an entertainment industry whose star performers are recognized for their *performance*...i.e. the ones they are publicly and openly paid great amounts of money to deliver on the silver screen, on stage, or in the recording studio...NOT in the pages of the tabloids. While some people find these performers' personal lives fascinating, I really don't give a damn about their personal lives any more than I do those of my neighbors.

I'm asking for a little more balance. If an Entertainment News forum has a series of celebrity marriage/divorce announcements, but NOTHING about new records that are coming out or new films that are going to be released, then something's askew in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Not to rain on anybody's parade, but...

Don't these folks in the entertainment industry do anything to but get married/unmarried anymore? The last four or five threads started on this forum are about entertainment figures getting married or getting out of marriages...as if that's all they ever do!

I mean, these people first became famous because they're talented actors or singers, right? How about some news about their work...their art...some exhibition of their talent and skill rather than just someone getting married/unmarried (again)?

Well, alternatively, they can always have a sex scandal.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Congrats to Gallen and hopefully this marriage is for keeps this time. Well Gallen is marrying another actress so it isn't any different. Either actresses marry another actor or someone rich. I get sick if them marrying and then divorcing and then marrying again..... It seems like marriage is a joke these days...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

She looks much much better in those bottom pictures with less makeup than that first picture.

Well, congratulations to them. Now let's see how long they last.

I think discussions on film/music productions, awards, etc are posted in individual artist thread and not in Entertainment News.

Yeah, I also don't think it is right for people to pry into the private lives of celebrities, unless something illegal is happening. People's private lives shouldn't be considered entertainment news.

Well someone can always start posting more to sway the thread in a different direction, can they not?
    ok

Default arrogant actor and actress

Hi..I just want to share my feeling about this couple..
    This afternoon ( 15-9-2009 ) me and my sister ( we are chinese girls born in netherlands ) just met gallen lo and sophie su taking their pre wedding picture in the centre of the town in Utrecht, Netherlands. At first we didn't know who they are..we saw some people were taking their pics so we also wanted to take their picture. as we took out our camera from bag, sophie su and gallen lo started to point their fingers harshly on us and showed the face of dislike to us. and sophie su even shouted out loud "DON'T!" to us. we were quite far away from them, but they kept looking at us with that kind of face and kept pointing their fingers to us..and then they told their assistant to tell us that we may not take their picture because they are quite well known actress and actor in asia. oh please! we didn't even know who they are, where they live and where they come from. we both were born in netherlands and never watched the asia drama. and as we were leaving that place, they kept staring at us like we are thieves or paparazzi until we dissapeared. after that, i have to attend my classes on my university and i asked one of my classmate who came from china whether she know them or not. and then she said that he is gallen lo from hongkong but she didn't know who the actress is. after that i googled and found their name. what i want to say is, how come a high class actor act so rude and harsh to people or to their fans. without their fans, how can they become as popular as today?? and the most irritating part is that there were many western dutch also taking their picture but they didn't chase them away even though they stood nearer with them than us. Just because we are asians and they thought maybe we recognize them as actor, they can do that to us?? and my opinion is, if you didn't want to be recognized by your fans or didn't want your picture were taken by strangers, PLEASE don't do the photo shoot in the centre of a big town! This is Netherlands, free country..we can watch or take picture of watever we want here..they should choose outside town or maybe inside the studio to do the photo shoot! sorry if i criticized them, but i only want to share my feelings and my disappointed towards a VERY well known actor to all of you. Thank you so much..

It looks like they’ve had bad experiences with paparazzi in the past and thought you tracked them down and were trying to snap pix to sell to a paper. It’s just a misunderstanding. I wouldn’t mind it too much.

even like that, they shouldn't harshly chased us away. and i also would like to know why they didn't treat the western dutch like that? why only toward us? they also can sell their pictures to newspaper. we are only two normal girls who accidentally met them. they shouldn't be so arrogant. you can easily said you wouldn't mind. how if you were in our position, hummiliated and got all peoples eyes staring at you as you were stealing or doing bad things?

Well, I have never had celebs chase me away as I’ve never tried to take pics of the few celebs that I have run into in the streets before, but I’ve had experiences with rude strangers all the time. I just shrug them off. I might flip them the bird right there if they are especially rude, but I am not gonna bother with worrying about it afterwards.

I was just trying to present an explanation of why Gallen might have been rude, no need to turn your antagonism toward me.

Since you were the only Asians there, they might have thought that you were paparazzi who tracked them down whereas they didn’t mind the locals there snapping pics since they were very likely unaware of who they (Gallen and wife) were.

I am not turning antagonism toward you. Thanks.

the fact is, we even didn't know they are actor or well known person, it's just kind of art to take picture of wedding couple in europe. and dutch people usually would congratulate them if they met on the streets. so it will be nice if they didn't act like they are really popular around the world.
    Like what i've said before, if they are so scared or had bad experience with paparazzis, they shouldn't do their photoshoot in the centre of a big town. why digging for their own graves?

They probably were only rude to you guys because they thought you're some Asian paparazzi who tracked them down. Given how you and your friend may have been the only Asians around at that time, it just made it more suspicious to them. Obviously, it wasn't your intention to seem like paparazzi, but it's probably how they interpreted it.

They may have chosen Utrecht BECAUSE they want to escape from the paparazzi. I doubt that many people in Asia know what or where Utrecht is, so they probably thought that it'd be safe to have their wedding photos taken there. And to put things into perspective - although Utrecht may be considered big for the Netherlands (which itself is very small), it in general would be considered a quite small place, so perhaps the couple thought that they'd have a higher chance of having some anonymity there.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

And i forgot to say, their assistant also told us that gallen and sophie don't want us to post their picture on the internet or share it on blog..so it means that even though they knew we are not paparazzis, they also didn't approved their pictures taken by us ( whom they thought are their fans ). Do they afraid that all their fans will know that they are getting married? And the way they act to their fans were not kind at all, rude, arrogant and harsh. How if we really are their fans? They forgot, without fans they are nothing. I only feel pity for their fans.

How did they know you weren't paparazzi? Anyone could say that they're not.

Also, a lot of the time, when a fan innocently takes a picture and posts it, someone more malicious will take the picture for improper usage.

From your description, they sounded like they were very agitated, but they didn't seem to be as "rude, arrogant" as you make them out to be. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that indeed, they were being rude and that's bad on their part. But you need to take into consideration that their worries are not unfounded.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

You were not there, so you wouldn't know how rude they were. i only couldn't describe well in english. but we have noticed that, at first their assistant just ignored us as other western people and didn't want to chase us away, but the actor and actress kept pointing us and told her to come to us. i only feel that, a real actor would be happy to see their fans, not like them. if i am their fans, i definitely would be very happy for them and congratulate them for their marriage.

and actually they didn't have the right to stop us from taking pictures. It's a public area, where people usually hang out, shopping and eat.