Thread: Fallout 3

Default Fallout 3

Anyone playing this game? I bought this about a week ago, and I'm enjoying it to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Anyone playing this game? I bought this about a week ago, and I'm enjoying it to the fullest.
    I normally don't bother with these kinds of topics here since few people seem to be interested in "Western" RPGs here.

Likes: Retro future culture (I really like the Civilization song), scenic post-apocalyptic setting, diverse range of characters and situations, some very surprising traps , fairly open-ended game play.

Dislikes: Annoying children, comical dismemberment, weak power armor, the ending

I've played both Oblivion and Fallout 2. Fallout 3 captures the spirit of the Fallout series but it feels like something is missing... maybe it's the easy heal via resting. Hopefully we'll see some interesting mods with the GECK out.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

The GOTY editions of both Oblivion and Fallout 3 are amazing. I typically level my character by doing all the DLC's first before tackling the main quest. You'll get more of your experience that way. For Fallout 3, the Broken Steel DLC is the 'conclusion' to the Fallout 3 storyline.