Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowherd and WeaverGirl

Default Legend Of Love

Just started watching the show....so I thought I might as well help Em out a little and translate this bit by bit as I watch. So far I enjoy the series(though it is rather brainless)....but probably because I'm interested in the Stephen Au-Leila Tong relationship rather than the couple of the above-named title......and it has rather better computer effects compared to, say, Whatever It Takes...(by the way, since I'm giving the episode detailed summaries, that means spoilers galore!!!)
    Anyway, I'll provide a list of the characters as I know it....it's pretty short.

Cowherd( Ngau Long/Ling Fu)) - Deric Wan Siu Lun
    WeaverGirl(Zik Lui/Zik Zik) - Sonija Kwok
    Fortune Bird( Hei Ziok) - Leila Tong Ling
    Fortune God (Choi Sun/Bei Gon) - Stephen Au

Episode 1

The narrator tells us about the famed Cowherd and WeaverGirl love story, but do we actually know who Cowherd really is? He was a baby found by the river by a kindhearted farmer and raised as his 'younger brother', given the name 'Wong Ah Ngau' or just called 'Ngau Long' for short. Once, to protect Ngau Long, the farmer was hit on the leg and henceforth he became a cripple. The duo are very close. They spend their days tending to their fields, as well as looking after their one and only cow, Gau Zai(little Dog). Cooking for them and looking after their household needs is Ah Fa (Flower), a girl who grew up with Ngau Long and secretly liked him. However Ngau Long only treated her as a little sister.
    What about WeaverGirl? She was a fairy assigned the duty of weaving the colourful clouds of the Heavens and the beloved granddaughter of the Heavenly Queen Mother(HQM). Once, she was weaving some special clouds for the Heavenly Queen Mother's anniversary celebration, and she couldn't find the perfect colour she wanted for them. So she decided to go down to Earth to look for the colour she needed.
    Ngau Long saw her walking dangerously close to a trap he set to catch some fresh meat for his brother's birthday. He shouted in warning and ran to her. Alarmed, Zik Lui flicked her fingers and magically sent him sprawling a few feet away. The trap clicked shut and almost bit off his head.
    Stunned, he looked up, and was instantly entranced by her beauty. He wanted to talk more to her, but she had to go....
    Zik Lui saw the pure gold of the wheat in the fields and took the colour, as it was exactly what she wanted. She flew up to the heavens and met up with her friends, Hei Ziok and the Earth Deities. Hei Ziok wanted to see the Heavenly celebration,but wasn't eligible because she wasn't one of the Heavenly fairies, although she's trying hard to be promoted by doing good deeds. So Zik Lui hid her in her sleeve.
    But Bei Gon noticed and caught her during the celebration. Although ZL pleaded with HQM to spare Hei Ziok, Bei Gon was determined that she receive due punishment. HQM took away 300 good-deed beads from Hei Ziok.
    Hei Ziok was very angry at Bei Gon, and was sad at the loss of her beads;she called him the 'heartless' Bei Gon. Suddenly,ZL discovered the loss of her weaving-shuttle. HZ and ZL risked HQM's wrath by going down to Earth again to look for it. While they were there, ZL was sorry to see that the wheat was black and withered b'coz she took away their colour. The farmers are in trouble as the wheat are spoiled and they could not pay their landowner the rent.
    ZL found her shuttle, but stayed behind to help Ngau Long make umbrellas to sell. NL was overjoyed to see her again, and ZL helped to make it rain so that they could sell the umbrellas faster.She was touched by NL's kindness, especially when he gave her the last umbrella as a token of thanks.HZ teased her and said that her heart had been touched.She wondered what it felt like to fall in love.......
    NL was dismayed to find that the landowner's men had come to take away Gau Zai as rent payment. He could do nothing but say farewell to his cow.
    Alarmed, ZL and HZ tried to help him by conjuring some money in the middle of the road.An honest man, NL took it and helped some of his fellow villagers instead of getting Gau Zai back.ZL's impressed with his honesty.
    HZ went to the elder brother in bird-form to try to get him some money.She managed to lure him into a gambling-den, but to her dismay, saw Bei Gon there in the guise of a dealer. She tricked Bei Gon with her magic power and won the elder brother money, but BG saw her leaving.....
    Although NL's brother retrieved Gau Zai, BG appeared and took away all the silver, so that the officer saw rocks instead of money. The brother was captured and beaten severely. Desperate, NL decided to enter the Forbidden Forest to try and get some of the rumoured treasure there. The legend was that 7 people entered the Forbidden Forest, and only one returned with tales of demons.Despite that, NL still wanted to go.
    Meanwhile, BG made a complaint to HQM, and HQM forbade ZL to go down to Earth anymore. She also deducted 300 more of HZ's good-deed beads.ZL complained about the unfairness of BG's duties, saying that BG only gave the rich money while the poor suffered. BG expressionlessly said that he'd always just did his duty as fate instructs him.HQM agreed with him. ZL was incensed.
    ZL discovered NL's intention to enter the Forbidden Forest. In dismay, she decided to go with him.
    Last edited by laugh; 07-21-03 at 02:54 PM.
    What is Beauty but just a name?
    For the Rose returns to the Dust from whence it came.

Episode 2

ZL entered the Forbidden Forest in an attempt to find NL. Hei Ziok waited anxiously for her outside the forest. Zik Lui tried to send out sensor devices by using her shuttle power, but her shuttle spun out of control and dropped near some strange red-garbed children. One child picked it up and refused to give it back to her. He disappeared from view.
    NL in the forest suddenly saw a little boy in red clothing smiling at him and waving what was clearly ZL's shuttle. While trying to get it back and asking for ZL's whereabouts, the little boy began to cry. Instantly a white-haired demoness yelled angrily that they dared to enter her territory and make her minions cry....she'd never let them go! She created an invisible barrier between ZL and NL so that while they could hear each other, they couldn't see one another at all. But somehow, they broke the barrier and fell into each other's arms. In a rage, the demoness swooped down and swept all of them into her cave.
    NL woke up from unconsciousness to see ZL smiling down at him from a stone throne. He greeted her, but the demoness' voice issued from her mouth! It wasn't ZL at all, but the demoness who had switched bodies with ZL while they were unconscious. The demoness laughed a chilling laugh and said that men are all alike and only lusted after looks. Meanwhile, ZL, in the body of the old demoness, looked at NL sadly.
    The demoness conjured up a sack of money and gave NL an alternative: he can leave with either ZL (in the bewitched form)or the money.....
    After a loooong time deciding....he picked the money and in a rush, told ZL' I'll come back for you!'. He left with the demoness' bitter laugh ringing in his ears....
    The demoness switched back the bodies as soon as NL left. She told Zik Lui to forget him.It turned out that she was once a weavergirl like ZL herself, and she fell in love with a deity who gave her a comb as a token of their love. But then , the deity was ambitious and wanted to be concentrate on doing good deeds to be promoted in rank.In a fury, she threw the comb back at him and left to complain to the Heavenly Queen Mother. However, HQM sided with the deity and told her that she shouldn't fall in love as it is forbidden. In a temper, she raged throughout Heaven, so that HQM was forced to banish her to the Forbidden Forest and she can nevermore return to Heaven. So she wasn't a demoness at all, but just a banished fairy lamenting a lost love.
    ZL felt sorry for the poor demoness(I'll call her this as I can't think of another name for the woman)but tried to tell her that not all men would neglect their loved ones like this. She also told the demoness that perhaps her lover was also lamenting their love, but nobody knew his hidden agony. The demoness refused to believe her.
    All of a sudden, the demoness discovered that NL was back in her forest! After getting his elder bro out of prison with the money, NL returned to the forest to look for ZL. Sceptical of his sincerity, the demoness sent a furious wind to stop him from proceeding, but he persevered and forced himself through. In joy, ZL(in her beautiful form) came out to greet him, but he pushed her aside and went to hug the old demoness!!! You see, he thought the bodies hadn't been switched back yet.He told her that no matter what she became, he'd still love her.
    Tears came to the demoness' eyes and ZL gently told the stunned NL the whole story. The demoness couldn't believe there was such a man in the world. She ordered them to leave and never to return.....After this, NL and ZL's love was sealed and they were happy in each other's company.
    Meanwhile, HZ tried to do some good deeds to replace her lost beads, and rescued a man from a falling roof. It turned out the man was Bei Gon in disguise while on duty giving out money, and he was annoyed she disturbed him in his work. He said the bead didn't count and HZ was furious that he caused the bead to disappear.
    In an attempt to ask the landowner's son to delay the rent, the son was attracted to ZL and tried to molest her. Furious, ZL exercised her magical power on his hands to cause him to slap himself. This makes the son to claim ZL as a witch or a demoness. The villagers came looking for ZL, claiming her to be a witch. NL tried to defend her but out of desperation, ZL used her power to sweep the attacking villagers all away. Both NL and his bro were shocked and stared at ZL in horrified fear.
    Then ZL told him about her true origin, but NL was too stunned to react and tried to stay away from her.Hurt and sad beyond words, ZL reminded him about how he had once promised to love her no matter her origin, then slowly faded away as NL made a desperate attempt to hug her.......
    In heaven, HQM was furious and banned ZL from Earth or see NL again. To punish Hei Ziok for aiding her, all HZ's thousand years' good-deed beads were taken away...
    Yuet Lo (The Matchmaker God) was in his garden reciting a poem, when he heard someone complete the verses he'd just spoken. Startled, he turned around and saw the old demoness from the Forbidden Forest! It turned out that Yuet Lo was the one whom the demoness had loved in the past, the one she called 'Tan Long'.Overjoyed, Yuet Lo greeted her, telling her of his agony at her suffering on Earth. The demoness asked if he still loved her all those years( I believe it's been 10000 years since she was kicked out of Heaven, but I can't quite remember), and he replied that the reason he became the Matchmaker God was to ensure that true loves shall never part like he did with his love in the past. Suddenly, the demoness changed into Zik Lui....it was actually ZL in disguise to test whether Yuet Lo still loved the demoness. ZL told Yuet Lo that he should tell the demoness of his own hidden suffering.......
    Meanwhile, NL went to HQM temple and tried to plead with the HQM statue to allow him to see ZL again for one last time.He banged his head till it bled on the floor, mingled with the rain and histears. But there was no response. Angry, he toppled down the statue and yelled out that it must be fake.
    In heaven, HQM was very annoyed and wanted to punish him. Actually, since she didn't banish ZL and didn't force HZ back into her basic form as a mute beast, her punishments were considered lenient. But then, the Jade Emperor suddenly noticed a lot of lanterns floating in heaven.....
    All the lanterns were made by NL.He wrote about his eternal love for ZL on the lantern paper and sent them flying to the sky in hopes his message was heard. Drops of blood from his forehead dropped onto the paper while he wrote......
    Meanwhile, the demoness in her lair heard verses of the poem she once shared with her 'Tan Long'. And out of nowhere, the comb she once had as a token of love, floated into her hands. With tears in her eyes, she whispered,"Thank you, Tan Long.You've not forgotten me like I thought...."
    ZL was in her garden, thinking of NL, when she saw the lanterns. Delighted that he still loved her, she rushed to the Heavenly Gates. The Four Heavenly Kings stopped her and told her she was banned from going to Earth. Desperate, she fought them off, but suddenly, HQM appeared and told her that while she's there, nobody will fly to Earth if she could help it.With a flick of her hand, a sea of fire appeared below the Heavenly Steps.
    ZL told HQM that she and NL are a couple in love and she couldn't understand why HQM wanted to separate them.She also said she despised the emphasis on status that was prevalent in Heaven as well as on Earth. ZL said that she would do anything for NL, and flung herself into the sea of fire. She was helpless in the face of such powerful magic and began to burn in agony.........
    Last edited by laugh; 07-31-03 at 10:46 AM.

Cool

thanks for the summary.

the story sounds interesting. Has Sonija's acting improved?
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

I like your summary. Can you put some pictures relating to the episode?

Heyho, just edited the 2nd episode....I discovered I left out some stuff connected with the demoness....

Hello Goofy, thanks for the support! To answer your question: Nope, Sonija hasn't improved in her acting that I can see....in fact, she's rather different from the lovable Zik Lui that I'd always had in my mind. At the moment, WeaverGirl is more like a spoilt stubborn child than a girl fighting for the one she loves. She may improve later on, it's hard to say. I'm only on Episode 7 currently. I like the girl playing Hei Ziok though...is she new? I don't think I've seen her before. And Bei Gon is cool!

And to Paradise: so sorry, I don't have a scanner or any device to capture pictures, or I'd try to insert some. It's really rather dry without some pics, but maybe someone else can help? Thanks in advance!!

Cool

I would love to hear your final opinion once you finish the series. Either this is good or not, thanks for your dedication to write all the summary.

Sometimes, it is more fun reading than actually watching it.

Personally, I think Sonija is beautiful and quite fitting for a role of fairy, but unfortunately, her acting leaves so much to be desired.

Episode 3

Zik Lui was burning in agony when she suddenly felt herself lifted gently back to the Heavenly Steps. The Heavenly Queen Mother, touched by her sincerity and suffering, had used her power to rescue her.She made a bet with Zik Lui. If Zik Lui could prove that she and Ngau Long truly love each other within 3 months, HQM would allow her to remain on Earth with NL. However, if ZL lost, she would have to return to Heaven and forget about all earthly matters which were of no concern of hers. HQM also took away all of ZL's fairy powers, but agreed to give ZL 3 fragrance bags, each filled with a stone of her power. However she could only use them for 3 different emergencies.Zik Lui confidently told HQM that she can do it, no problem.
    On reaching Earth, Zik Lui rushed to find Ngau Long.Suddenly NL appeared out of nowhere and pulled her into an embrace.For a moment, ZL smiled in joy, when NL pulled away almost instantly from her. "Are you all right?"he asked, pointing to a trap. He then sighed and said that he probably couldn't get any wild animals for his bro's birthday. He didn't seem to recognize ZL. ZL was stunned and tried to remind him about all that they went through.NL merely looked at her and asked "Do we know each other?"Then, when ZL didn't give any response, he left.
    ZL rushed to find HQM and demanded to know what had happened. HQM said that she had used magic to turn back time, so that they were back to before NL ever met ZL. This was to help hide ZL's identity again so that the villagers wouldn't think her a witch and attack her anymore.ZL accused HQM of deception. HQM answered that since ZL had accepted a challenge, of course there would be some difficulties along the way. Would ZL give up and admit she'd lost the bet then? ZL said no, she'd find a way to return NL's memory somehow.....
    ZL went to find NL again, who was with his elder brother and Ah Fa. All of them didn't recognize her. When ZL insisted that it was HQM who wiped clean NL's memories, they grew slightly afraid of her and thought her a crazy woman.Desperate, ZL used one of her power-bags to return NL's memories, but it didn't work.Instead, NL was annoyed becoz he thought ZL was throwing stones at his brother. In a huff, the 3 of them left. HQM told ZL that her powers couldn't be used to return memories, only for emergencies. She'd better take care of the remaining 2 bags and not waste anymore.
    Dispirited,ZL went to find Hei Ziok who told her not to give up.ZL asked her if she minded losing all her thousand-years' beads, and HZ nonchalantly said no. But in her heart, she blamed Bei Gon for everything.Once ZL was out of sight, she went to burn BG's Fortune Temple.When ZL saw this, she tried to stop her, saying that HZ was heading down the wrong road.HZ said that since she will never be promoted to be a Heavenly deity now that her beads were gone, what did she care for regulations anymore?She flew off, but Bei Gon saw her leaving again. BG doused the flames and asked ZL if HZ was the one who burnt his temple.ZL scolded him, asking him why he always complained to HQM about Hei Ziok and cause her to lose all her beads.She asked if BG had ever thought about HZ's feelings and all the hard work HZ put in just to become a Heavenly Deity, gone just like that.BG replied that HZ had committed wrong,and should be punished.Even if it was the Jade Emperor, he'd do the same. In a temper, ZL told him that he never cared for people's feelings because he had no heart himself.Finally, ZL told him that she was the one who burnt BG's Temple, and not HZ...if he wanted to complain to HQM, so be it. She left, leaving BG thinking in his temple.......
    ZL wanted NL to go into the Forbidden Forest with her again, hoping the demoness could help her prove she wasn't lying about NL being her lover.NL refused, saying the Forest was dangerous and that there was a demon there who ate up people. Sadly, ZL threw her shuttle into the river, saying that he used to pick it up for her, and now that he'd forgotten her, what was the use of the shuttle anymore? Seeing her cry so heartrendingly, NL retrieved the shuttle for her but said that he had to work in the fields, so he couldn't dally any longer.
    Meanwhile, HZ was sorry for the harsh words she said to ZL. She resolved to help ZL retrieve NL's love. The Earth Deities couldn't help ZL because they explained that NL didn't have any memories in the first place due to the time-turning, so technically he didn't 'lose' his memories.HZ and the Earth Deities went to tell NL a story that ZL used to have a 'Lee Ah Ngau' (by the way, Ngau Long's real name is 'Wong Ah Ngau') as her fiance and because Lee Ah Ngau left her, she missed him too much and went mad for love. Since Ngau Long looked very alike with her fiance, she'd just mistaken it was him. Pretending to be ZL's elder bro, the Earth Grandfather told NL to take care of his sister for a few days while he looked for a physician to cure her madness. Before NL could protest, the 3 of them rushed off.
    NL decided that it was improper for a girl to stay with him; so ZL stayed with Ah Fa. The next morning, he heard ZL hum the tune he used to play on his flute and was puzzled to see ZL so close to Gau Zai. ZL accidentally slipped and fell while walking, but pretended she'd sprained her ankle. NL carried her home,making ZL very happy. ZL noticed a yellow charm which NL always carried and asked what it was. NL said that it was the only thing found on him when he was an abandoned baby by the riverside.........
    ZL was jealous when she saw Ah Fa cook food for NL and his elder brother. She went to cook rice for them, grinding out a sheaf of wheat she found on the porch for rice. At first, NL and his brother were very touched, until they found out that the sheaf of wheat was being kept as NL's store of seeds for the next year.NL scolded ZL angrily, telling her not to touch his things. Distressed, ZL ran off, crying.
    Resolving to correct her misdeed, ZL tried to find money to buy more seeds for NL.She thought laughter can be sold, not knowing that it was a term meaning prostitution, so she went to the prostitute house to 'sell laughter'. Of all people, her first customer was the landowner's eldest son again, called Ling Lung, who had no memory of her of course. Ling Lung tried to molest her again, and powerless this time, she screamed for help. NL, worried for her safety, went to look for her and rescued her.
    Hei Ziok wanted to help ZL find money as well, so she did magic tricks at the roadside to earn some.Bei Gon appeared and stopped her.He advised her not to use her magic powers to trick people's money.He also told HZ not to give up; after all she'd already worked so hard for a thousand years, why should she give up so easily?Incensed, HZ lashed back at BG, telling him he had no heart,so he couldn't possibly feel compassion for anyone. Expressionlessly, BG departed.
    Meanwhile, the Ling family had just got the Imperial Charter for cloth, with Bei Gon's help.As this was a big business, the landowner decided to get back all his land (to plant some sharp-leafed plants for thread source. I dunno the plant name), but he'd give adequate compensation to the peasants who farmed the land.He gave the land-securing responsibility to Ling Lung.Being a miser, Ling Lung only agreed to give 1 piece of silver to each peasant. He also recognized NL as the one who attacked him before to save ZL and told him to get off the land as soon as possible without any compensation.Angry, NL decided to go to town and find the landowner to plead with him to reverse his decision.ZL decided to go with him and happily mended NL's clothes in preparation for the trip, although Ah Fa told her that the clothes were too torn and ragged to be mended. Of course, ZL wasn't the Heavenly Weavergirl for nothing, and she managed to mend the clothes as good as new. Touched by her hard work, Ah Fa's attitude changed towards her. However, the next morning, ZL found out that NL had already left without telling her........
    Last edited by laugh; 07-22-03 at 03:49 AM.

Episode 4

The Ling landowner was inspecting his planting grounds when he was kidnapped by some bandits who wanted to hold him for ransom. While struggling, the man stuck his arm on some of the sharp leaves.Ngau Long saw this and tried to help, but he was overpowered and taken along with the landowner.
    Caught and thrown into a cave prison, NL saw Old Man Ling's blistered arm and helped to suck out the poison from the wound. Old Man Ling apologized for causing the young man trouble.....
    Meanwhile, the pretty daughter of the officer in charge of the Imperial Charter visited the town and fell into the river accidentally. NL's elder brother(for convenience's sake, let's just name him 'Wong' as that's his surname)was rafting down the river to set some fish traps. He rescued the girl, but had to grab his raft from drifting down the river. She groggily pulled off part of the wooden beads hanging from his belt before she was rescued by her servants. When she regained consciousness, she wondered who her unknown rescuer was and felt very grateful. Outside her room, her father plotted with his assistant to swindle the Ling family of the Imperial Charter.
    Zik Lui went to town, following the footsteps of Ngau Long, but couldn't find him anywhere.She went to the Ling Household, but they told her they hadn't seen him at all. Ling Lung's wife was furious to find out Lung had been to the prostitution house, but then the ransom letter came.Worried, ZL wondered where NL was. She asked Hei Ziok for help.......
    NL banged on the cave walls and heard a hollow sound from the lower end. All fired up by hope, he used chopsticks to start digging out a hole. Old Man Ling didn't think it'd work, but started to talk to NL. He found out why NL was in town, and promised to help NL reverse the land-decision, or at least increase the amount of compensation for each peasant.NL, however, was still clueless about Old Man Ling's identity.
    Meanwhile, Bei Gon disguised himself as an old man and cried for help, pretending to be stranded at a mountainside. He was actually instructed to give out 20 taels of silver to a merchant who would be coming along. While trying to get down the mountainside to help BG, the merchant slipped and fell. Exasperated, BG didn't dare use direct magic in the presence of a human, so he changed a piece of grass into rope. At that point, Hei Ziok coincidentally flew past, saw the merchant's predicament, and reached out to help. When BG flung out his rope, he caught Hei Ziok by surprise, and both the merchant and herself rolled down the mountain. The poor merchant passed out mercifully, while HZ banged her head hard on a rock.BG rushed to help her, but she was furious to see him, and flew off in annoyance.
    NL was still trying to chip at the rock. Admiring his dedication, Old Man Ling went to help him. Both of them accidentally dropped their yellow charms. We observe that the charms were similar in colour, shape and size. Later, NL retrieved his charm before Old Man Ling picked up his.
    While trying to find NL for ZL, Hei Ziok saw smoke from a mountainside. Puzzled,she flew to investigate. She saw NL and Old Man Ling held captive in the cave. Alarmed, she tried to fly off to tell ZL, but then she felt dizzy from the previous incident with BG, and fainted away. BG, who'd been watching her all along, rescued her and brought her to his Fortune Temple. He tried to revive her using his magic power, but as soon as she awoke, he placed her against the wall and backed away. HZ asked why she was there; BG looked away and told her she'd fainted and that he was the one who brought her to his temple. At that moment, ZL rushed in, looking for HZ. Apparently BG had informed her HZ's whereabouts. Without further ado, HZ told her about NL, and urged her to hurry off and rescue him.BG watched everything expressionlessly.
    NL succeeded in breaking through a hole and both he and Old Man Ling escaped, but not before being detected by the bandits.
    NL and the old man decided to separate to split up the bandits. Unfortunately, one caught up with Old Man Ling and almost split his skull with his sword when suddenly, Bei Gon appeared and hit off the bandit. On hearing ZL's hasty footsteps, BG left in a hurry, leaving Old Man Ling unconscious on the ground.
    Old Man Ling revived and urged ZL to rescue NL. At that time, NL was surrounded by bandits at the edge of a cliff. In anger at their lost prey, the bandits pushed NL off the cliff, but just then, ZL appeared and used her second power-bag to conjure up a cloud to carry NL back to the top of the cliff. In fright, the bandits yelled out 'Ghost!!!' and rushed away. NL was left on the top of the cliff, puzzled but relieved.............
    Last edited by laugh; 07-22-03 at 03:42 AM.

a little island east of america and west of europe

Default Great work laugh!

Shouldn't really be posting comments here, but just wanted to say keep up the great work and thanks for your thought about me!

Oh, and Tong Ling's English name is Leila!

I'll see if I can pull together a few piccies for you...

Cool

sorry, didn't know about no comment policy here.

but I think the plant could be 'flax'.

Hey Em, no worries! Really appreciate your efforts translating for us. I can't read Chinese myself, so your translations really help!! Thanks for telling me Leila's English name

Episode 5

Ngau Long and Zik Lui accompanied Old Man Ling to his home, where the Ling family greeted his return with much relief. Old Man Ling was very annoyed with his son and scolded him for treating the peasants on his land in such a miserly manner. Out of gratitude to NL for helping him, Old Man Ling asked both of them to stay at his home for a few days before going back to their village. ZL returned NL's mended clothes to him, and he was impressed by ZL's skill....

NL was happy to share the Ling family warmth. ZL saw that he missed his real parents very much and tried to find out who they were from the deity who looks after births, Golden Flower Granny.The Granny couldn't help her because Wong Ah Ngau was not NL's birthname, and she said that if ZL didn't even know the name of what she lost, how could she expect to find it? ZL was frustrated...

Bei Gon, up in his Heavenly home, read his duty instructions for the day carefully, but gave up because he knew he could never remember them. He copied down the instructions into his Chinese calculator(sorry, I forgot the proper English name for this. Somebody correct me!)as a way to remember the names and the amount of money he was supposed to dispense. His fellow deities(some of the 8 Immortals and Yee Long Sun), came along and made fun of him, asking him if it was true that a person without a heart would also have poor memory. They disliked him, you see,for reporting to HQM about the wrongdoings of the deities.BG loftily said that he had never dipensed a penny wrongly to anyone, so his memory was perfectly okay.But then,one Immortal asked him if he recalled the word they had given HQM for her anniversary celebration. They laughed at him for they saw that he couldn't remember.He ignored them and went to his Fortune Temple. While busy counting out money, he forgot his Chinese calculator.....

Hei Ziok saw this, and was amused at Bei Gon's poor memory. Deciding to have a bit of fun, she inserted some extra data into the memory storage of the calculator, including the name Wong Ah Ngau, and that he was to be given two taels of silver.Then she went to find BG and gave him a rare precious stone as a gift of thanks for rescuing her when she fainted the last time.She told him it'd help lessen the woodenness of his expression.BG accepted it, but told her not to give him things anymore. Then, HZ returned the calculator to him. He thanked her and left.....

BG disguised himself as an old woman and attempted to give NL money by conjuring some on the ground. To his frustration, NL wouldn't take it, saying the money wasn't his, no matter how many times BG said the money was a gift from Heaven.BG couldn't believe he was so honest and wrote on NL's back the godly words "Wong Ah Ngau, 10 years hard to find such a good man"before disappearing, leaving the money there for NL......

NL took the tael, wondering what to do with it. At the same time, Ling Lung discovered the loss of some silver taels in his safety-box. As he stepped out of his room, he bumped into NL who dropped his silver tael on the floor. Lung pounced on it, claiming NL to be a thief and had stolen the tael from his money-box.He demanded NL to return the rest, refusing to believe NL's explanation of finding the tael by the river.Struggling away from Lung's grasp, NL dropped his yellow charm on the floor.Lung picked it up and his expression changed when he saw the charm. At the same time, Lung's wife(played by Rain Lau)returned and showed her new accessory to her husband. She was the one who took Lung's money! Wordless, Lung returned the charm but looked very thoughtful.....

Apparently, Lung had a younger brother once called Ling Fu. While still a baby, Fu was accidentally sent afloat on the river in a basin by Lung. All Ling family had a yellow charm sewn by Lady Ling herself, and no other had it. Lung told his wife his suspicion that NL was his long-lost brother, Ling Fu, because he had one of the Ling yellow charms. Alarmed at this threat to their chances of getting all the family wealth, Lung's wife cautioned her husband to keep quiet about it & to try to get NL's charm as fast as possible...

ZL caught Lung trying to steal NL's charm. Suspicious, she sought the origins of the yellow charm from the Earth deities, and discovered that NL's real parents were really Old Man and Lady Ling!Excited, she rushed to tell NL about this, but was overheard by Lung. ZL pulled NL along to show the charm to the Lings and be reunited.Immediately, Lung sent his men to set a plan in motion to thwart NL from seeing the Lings who were in the temple.Then he rushed to NL and tearfully embraced him, calling him his younger brother.Stunned by the turn of events, NL could hardly believe his luck. While walking to the temple, a fortune-teller came up to NL and told him that he'd bring ill fortune to his family members, which was why fate sent him away in the first place.ZL urged him not to believe such a thing.But then, some bricks dropped on Lung's hand and wounded him.And they discovered that OldMan and Lady Ling suddenly caught ill. NL believed that he was ill-luck to his family,and sadly decided not to tell them his identity. He made them some porridge and then decided to leave. Before he left, Lung swindled him out of his charm......

ZL was furious, and decided to prove it was all really a swindle.Earth Grandmother scared the fortune-teller into telling the truth about how Lung paid him to say NL was ill-luck. But NL'd made up his mind and still decided to leave. ZL rushed to get back the charm for NL, and saw Lung throwing it into the river.She quickly took out her last power-bag and conjured a fish to grab the charm back for her.Then she went to NL and told him that OldMan Ling was dead.Alarmed, NL returned to Ling household, only to find out that it was false news.Then ZL told everyone that NL was really Ling Fu, and she had the charm to prove his identity.NL was happily reunited with his parents, much to Lung's fury.....

Hei Ziok was happy for ZL, certain that NL would fall in love with ZL again after ZL's tremendous help. She urged ZL to be more forward with her feelings...

Meanwhile, NL went to find Wong to tell him the good news. He invited Wong to stay at his house, telling him he'd always be his brother, no matter what.Ah Fa would be looking after their house in the village.ZL rushed out and happily announced she'd be following them!She told NL that she loved him and that she would follow him wherever he went.NL was embarrassed and told her carefully that the person she loved wasn't him, but her 'fiance'(Lee Ah Ngau).ZL protested, but NL told her to return home to her brother. He said they'd always be the best of friends, and he was certainly grateful for her help. Devastated, ZL told him that she didn't want to be friends with him, and rushed away, crying........
    Last edited by laugh; 07-22-03 at 03:46 AM.

Yes, I think it's flax now....thanks, Goofy!!!

Episode 6

NL brought Wong to his house in town, where he admired everything, especially the Ling-made cloth.NL toured the flax planting grounds with Lung and his father. Old Man Ling ordered Lung to teach his younger brother everything he knew about the business. Lung was annoyed to see NL so much more diligent than he himself wanted to be, and how Old Man Ling admired NL's concern for the workers when he himself wasn't. He hurriedly left during lunch. For lunch, NL was content just to have white rice although there were vegetables as well. OldMan Ling was sad to see this and asked NL to forgive him for all the hard years NL suffered. NL said he was just too happy to meet his parents again.....

Meanwhile ZL tried to get close to NL by applying to be one of the weavergirls at Ling's factory. She was hopeful becoz NL never once specified he didn't like her, only he thought she was in love with somebody else.The Lings loved her beautiful cloth; the quality being better than any they ever had. Actually, ZL used her magic Heavenly shuttle to weave the cloth, not wanting to use her hands, so she requested that she work in isolation from the rest of the weavergirls. The other workers were jealous of ZL, and kept making trouble for her. ZL missed NL and wanted to see him, but HZ (who was helping her)warned her that Earth was not like Heaven, where she could just see anybody she liked.....

ZL and Hei Ziok,being of Heavenly essence, couldn't consume normal food, but were forced to in the face of the weavergirls' taunts. They vomited continuously. NL came out and was concerned to see ZL ill. ZL was happy to see NL so caring towards her, but then was horrified to see the bowl of medicine she was supposed to drink. She secretly poured away the medicine, but NL saw her and thought she was pretending to be ill. ZL told him she was doing everything because she loved him,but NL repeated that she only loved Lee Ah Ngau, and mistook NL as him. He told her she's too tied to love......

Wong visited the kitchen and was interested to see all the delicious food cooking. He'd never seen bird's nest soup before and was staring at it, when Lung's wife came in and scolded him for stealing food. She said that he was a useless man to come and just stay at the Lings' without working for his keep. Wong's face burnt in shame. He accidentally pushed her, and Lung passed by and accused him of trying to rape his wife. The misunderstanding was finally solved when Lady Ling came along, but Wong decided to leave the Lings' instead of remaining there as a guest. NL came along and scolded him for leaving, saying that he'd leave too if Wong left. Then NL suggested Wong work in the Lings' kitchen, since Wong had a talent for cooking. As for himself, NL decided to find ZL's long-lost fiance for her. Wong teased him, saying surely his heart was moved by ZL's sacrifice just to be with him. NL said ZL was just confused. Hei Ziok overheard this and was very exasperated with NL....

ZL begged the Earth deities to think of a plan, saying that now NL thought she loved another and wouldn't accept her love, and the 3 months' period was nearly over. HZ flew in and suggested that someone pretend to be Lee Ah Ngau, and then dump ZL openly in front of NL, so that NL won't misunderstand anymore. Since it was her idea, everyone told her to pretend to be the fiance. So, using her magic power, HZ transformed herself to look exactly like NL, then openly behaved like a real jerk in front of NL. NL was very annoyed with Lee and said that he didn't deserve someone like ZL. ZL, pretending to be hurt by Lee's rejection, rushed to the hillside, where HZ (now transformed back to herself again) helped her to stage a suicide scene. NL was alarmed and rushed to save her, telling her not to be silly.Then ZL sadly told him that she'd waited so long for the person she loved, but that he actually forgot her and didn't care for her. ZL asked NL if he understood her pain. NL said that no matter what, she still had friends caring for her like himself.ZL was so happy to hear this, she hugged him. After that, NL cooked some porridge for her and made her very happy.....

Lung tricked NL into using salt to dye the cloth and forbade other workers to correct him. Old Man Ling luckily passed by, and scolded Lung for teaching the brother wrongly, although NL said it was really his own fault. Lung was annoyed....

The court officer's daughter (the one rescued by Wong) visited the Ling factory, and NL offered to show her around. She wandered around, and ended up in the kitchen, where Wong recognized her and was startled to see her there. He spent some time showing her his dishes, and she praised his skill. Wong was attracted to her, but was aware of the difference in status. Later, he asked NL a lot of questions about her, and NL teased him, but Wong said that he probably had no chance. NL scoffed at this, and said that the girl was the one lucky to have such a kindhearted man as a husband.......

Meanwhile, Bei Gon was scolded by HQM for dispensing money freely and not following instructions, causing havoc on Earth. The Jade Emperor, on seeing that BG had no explanation for this seeming neglect in duties, suspended BG from his job, and YeeLongSun relieved him of his 'Fortune God' responsibilities. BG expressionlessly accepted the verdict, but his fellow deities were happy that he was no longer in power.....

BG wondered what went wrong while he sailed down the river on a raft. Unknown to him, Hei Ziok had alighted on his raft and was listening to him. BG pulled up his sleeve and looked at his arm. On it were written some words "Laugh on happy occasions, cry on sad occasions". He resolved to do this.....

At a apparently happy wedding, BG attempted to smile happily and congratulated the bride's family. He was trying to get some feeling into himself. The bride's father was angry, and told him that the bride was marrying a dead man, why was he still congratulating them? Much incensed, the villagers beat him up but BG, feeling no pain, wondered what he did wrong......

At a funeral, BG ranted and railed his sorrow, so much so that the deceased's relatives asked him who he was, wondering why he seemed sadder than themselves. The relatives were annoyed to see no tears in BG's eyes. BG said that he tried his best, but he couldn't squeeze any tears out at all. At last, he gave up, saying that it was useless to pretend. The relatives tried to beat him up, but the bored BG bounced them away with his power and left. HZ, following him, was much amused to see his antics.....

By the river, BG tried to feel angry, but was unsuccessful. Hei Ziok came up and apologized to him. BG said that it wasn't her fault, it was his, for being a god with no heart, thus he had poor memory and messed up his responsibilities.HZ confessed that actually, she was the one who added details into his memory calculator, but she meant it as fun and didn't mean to cause BG to lose his job. BG stared at her and asked her why, why was she - a creature with feelings - so inconsiderate towards other people, when he himself could be excused for having no heart. He couldn't even be enraged at HZ. He went to the river, yelled out in frustration, and started washing away all the writings on his body that he wrote to remind himself of things....

HZ saw these words written on BG's back: "Even if Hei Ziok become very impulsive and impudent, don't report her burning my temple to Heaven". Touched by this, HZ felt very remorseful.......
    Last edited by laugh; 07-22-03 at 05:11 AM.

Great summaries. I was wondering if I can post them on my site? Also, the series is called "The Legend of Love". Keep up ur fantastic work!
    Come Visit my webpage at: Hk Zone

Currently Watching:
    /TVB/ Angelsof Mission, Lady Fan
    /JUST DONE/ Net Deception, Summer Heat

Sure T-rinh, take them if you want.....after all, they're supposed to be for everyone to read. Thanks for your support!

Oops, mistake, found out that the elder son's name isn't Ling Ma , it's Ling Lung......the summaries are edited. Oh, and the court officer's daughter is called LingYee...thank goodness I finally found out her name.

Episode 7

Hei Ziok was really sorry for causing Bei Gon such trouble. BG said that to remind himself, he wrote down important things on his body, while all things connected to work was stored in his calculator. She offered to help BG find back his Seven-Skilled Heart. BG told HZ that she can never help him, because the person who took his heart was the Nine-Tailed Fox. If the Fox was so easily captured, BG himself wouldn't have to chase her for thousands of years. HZ replied that perhaps BG couldn't do it on his own, but with her contacts on Earth, she was confident she could find the fox. BG refused to let her help and told her to stay away from him.....

Hei Ziok sought Zik Lui and the Earth Deities' help. The Earth Deities were very doubtful of success. The Nine-Tailed Fox was very elusive, and even if captured, she had plenty of tricks up her sleeve.That was why she managed to topple an empire when she masqueraded as Tan Gei and angered the Jade Emperor, so that she was banned from Heaven.(Interesting tidbit: Tan Gei was the villain played by Wan Pik Har in 'Gods Of Honour'). The only thing that can lure the Fox is the essence of males, because she needed to absorb 'yang' energy to keep herself young and beautiful.Earth Grandfather told them that since BG had gone for thousands of years without a heart, perhaps it was better to leave the fox alone.But HZ was determined to pursue the hunt...

ZL and HZ went to places filled with men and managed to detect the Nine-Tailed Fox's 'demon air' on a pretty young lady.They followed her where she had a rendezvous with Ling Lung(of all people)in an alleyway. ZL rushed forward to try and capture her, causing the fox to hit Lung off and escape. Lung, surprised, stared at ZL. Intent on hunting the fox, ZL and HZ chased her and HZ successfully managed to capture her using Fairy Threads.But the fox slipped away and left one of her tails behind.ZL couldn't use magic to help HZ due to her bet with HQM.Meanwhile, the fox swore vengeance on them for wounding her.She followed the two back to the Ling household and possessed Lung's wife. Lung was pleasantly surprised to return and find his wife so seductive towards him.ZL detected her presence and rushed into Lung's room to try and capture her.The fox hit Lung off once more, and Lung couldn't believe it was ZL again.......

ZL chased the fox until the weaving factory, where the fox set the hanging cloths on fire. ZL flung her shuttle at her and managed to mark her with the Heavenly Threads.The fox escaped and possessed Lady Ling. ZL ordered the fox to leave Lady Ling alone, but the demon laughed and challenged ZL to hit her.HZ rushed in just then, conjured up a stick and started hitting the fox although ZL tried to stop her.The fox left Lady Ling's body and rushed away.HZ gave chase, leaving the stick in ZL's hand. When Lady Ling came to, she accused ZL of hitting her and called her a 'poison-hearted' woman.At that moment, the maids raised the alarm that all the cloths were on fire. Someone had seen ZL in the grounds at the time of the fire......

The Ling family demanded an explanation from ZL for the loss of the cloths and hitting Lady Ling. ZL couldn't explain properly, making Ngau Long very exasperated, because the cloths were supposed to be delivered in 3 days' time and this was under NL's charge. ZL promised to work throughout the night to ensure the delivery would be made. The other workers complained, and Lady Ling was very annoyed with her.....

Meanwhile, although HZ once again managed to tie up the fox with her Fairy Threads, the sly demon managed to escape,again leaving one of her tails behind.Exasperated, HZ discussed with ZL what to do.ZL had to start weaving cloth and couldn't help HZ anymore;but she told HZ to follow her Heavenly Thread, which will trace the trail left by the mark ZL had placed on the fox during the fight. While following the Thread, HZ bumped into Bei Gon who had been observing her in secret. Both of them traced the fox to an old hut, where she was absorbing a man's 'yang'. However, BG's Heavenly Essence was too strong and was detected by the fox, who escaped. HZ scolded BG, but then thought of a wonderful idea....

She told BG to masquerade as a scholarly man as fox bait, but first she made him bath in aromatic waters to hide his Heavenly Essence. She was amused to see the usually stern BG meekly following her orders. The idea was somewhat successful; BG managed to lure the fox out, but the cunning fox gave a huge fight and almost overpowered him.HZ helped out and managed to steal the fox's Thousand-Year Essence. HZ threatened to destroy it and cause the fox to lose all her powers, thus becoming a mute beast, unless the fox returned BG's heart. Having no choice, the fox agreed and placed a heart into BG. It beat strongly in his chest and he fainted from the pain. The fox assured HZ that this was normal and that he'd awaken. We see her smile cunningly before retrieving her Essence and disappearing.......

On the other hand, ZL and the other workers were trying to finish the order on time, while NL was busy dying the finished cloth.Even though the other weavergirls left to rest, NL was touched to see ZL tirelessly working on. When NL fell asleep out of fatigue, ZL covered him with a cloth and continued to work. NL awoke to find all the cloth already dyed and hung to dry, with ZL trying to hang up the last one. At that moment, he looked at ZL with feeling in his eyes. He helped ZL out, and ZL smiled happily at him.......

Meanwhile, Hei Ziok was overjoyed to see that BG could feel emotions now, and furthermore, had recovered his position as the God of Fortune. He was able to laugh and smile at HZ, and do it spontaneously. BG even played a joke on the greedy merchant he was dispensing money to, making HZ very amused.During this episode, two little kids hit HZ(in bird-form) with a catapult and made her fall from her perch. Bei Gon rushed to save her and was very annoyed with the kids. Lying in Bei Gon's arms, Hei Ziok suddenly felt very shy......

Lady Ling's birthday was coming soon, and Kong Ling(the court officer's daughter)decided to paint a picture of GuanYin as a gift to her.While out buying the ingredients with her maid, a cart knocked her maid over and hurt her ankle.LingYee was distressed that nobody seemed to want to help her maid out. Luckily, ZL came along and willingly assisted them back to their household.LingYee was very grateful.Actually, ZL was on her way to meet NL and both of them decided to make a special pillow for Lady Ling as a birthday gift to ease her bad back. NL was happy that ZL was so willing to try improve Lady Ling's bad impression of her.....

On Lady Ling's birthday,Lady Ling liked LingYee's gift alot, and was annoyed with Zik Lui for remarking that the painting didn't look like GuanYin at all. LingYee was very pleased to see ZL again. However, Lady Ling was appeased with NL and ZL’s gift and agreed to give ZL a chance to give her tea and apologize formally. Lung’s wife was irritated by all this and deliberately tripped ZL up, so that the tea was spilled all over Lady Ling. In anger, Lady Ling ordered ZL away, calling her bad luck, and also forbade NL from seeing her anymore. ZL rushed away, crying. Seeing this, LingYee was distressed and resolved to help ZL.

LingYee made NgauLong escort her around town, but arranged for Zik Lui to meet up with them. NL was dispirited until he saw ZL. Overjoyed, both of them thanked LingYee for her help.LingYee was only too pleased to reunite the 2 lovers. When they went off together, she wandered around town by herself and wanted to buy some cakes at a stall, but she had no money. Wong, who was in town, saw her, and treated her to the cakes. He also bought some sugarcanes and taught her how to crunch and suck the juice out. LingYee enjoyed herself very much, while Wong stared at her admiringly…..

Meanwhile, Zik Lui and Ngau Long were happily spending time together on a raft fishing. Taking this opportunity, ZikLui tried to remind NL about all the previous things they went through, but NL was more excited about the fish they caught. ZL was a little exasperated…….
    Last edited by laugh; 07-22-03 at 05:19 AM.

Episode 8

As soon as Ngau Long reached home, Lady Ling excitedly asked him a lot of questions about his outing with LingYee. Feeling guilty, NL gave a noncommittal answer, but Lady Ling was not satisfied. She was hoping that NL and LingYee would marry because she really liked LingYee. Old Man Ling laughed and said that Lady Ling was simply dying to have a daughter in-law. Wong overheard all this and his face fell in dismay…

Later that night, Wong went into NL’s study and scolded NL for leaving LingYee alone in town. NL explained about LingYee’s plot to help him see Zik Lui secretly; on hearing this, Wong’s face lit with hope and joy. NL smiled and teased Wong, saying that his brother had never raised his voice to him before, until LingYee appeared. Wong smiled sheepishly……

Bei Gon and Hei Ziok made a promise to do their duties for the day( she’d go around doing good deeds while he’d dispense money)and then, they’d meet each other in a nearby forest. After his work was done, BG went to the meeting-place, but to his alarm, saw a feather on the ground along with a few drops of blood.Simultaneously, two kids came along talking about a bird they’d just shot. Thinking it was HZ, BG threatened the kids to tell him where they shot the bird and rushed there madly, but he couldn’t find HZ. In despair, he leant against a tree when HZ alighted on a branch behind him;she’d merely arrived late. Hearing her call out his name, BG rushed to her and embraced her tightly.HZ wondered what was wrong and asked BG to let her go. BG refused, saying that he thought she’s dead, and that he’s terribly afraid of losing her. He asked her to promise to always remain by his side and never leave him. Shyly, HZ asked him what he meant by his words. BG told her that for thousands of years, she was the first and only one to touch his heart and he finally could feel love. HZ hugged him happily.

Meanwhile, NL accompanied LingYee out again. Officer Kong was quite happy about them getting close as he hoped to have closer ties with the Lings. Once NL met up with ZL and LingYee was alone, Wong (who’d been following them) secretly trailed her footsteps into town and ‘accidentally’ bumped into her.He taught her to roast some potatoes to eat. He was ashamed of his rough ways compared to the gentle LingYee, but the girl laughed and said she was impressed with the things he knew. LingYee offered to teach him to read and write. Wong asked LingYee to teach him to write her name, under the pretext that hers were only 2 syllables and easier to remember.By the end of the day, he’d learnt to write ‘Kong Ling’ on the sand……

BG wanted to buy a hair accessory for HZ, but he couldn’t pay for it. As the God of Fortune, he could only dispense money but Heaven had decreed he couldn’t spend any himself and this made him feel very frustrated. Suddenly his heart pumped very fast, and there was a strange voice in his head. He entered a gambling den but stopped, thinking that it was wrong to abuse his powers for his own benefit.The strange voice in his head mocked him, saying that he couldn’t even buy something for the person he loved.There was a brief quarrel within his mind, and he yelled in frustration.Again, his heart palpitated strongly,and he suddenly became very calm with a peculiar glint in his eye. He walked up to Ling Lung at one of the gambling tables, and offered to tell Lung the dice outcome if he’d do something for him.Sceptical at first, Lung nevertheless agreed. BG used his magic powers to change the dice outcome and Lung won a lot of money. In return, BG made him buy the hair accessory for him. Lung was puzzled at this, saying that BG could’ve just won the money himself and buy it, but BG told him shortly to take it as an unexpected benefit and left it at that……..

HZ was happy at his gift, and asked him for the precious stone she’d given him earlier. BG said he’d always kept it near him. HZ wanted to tell ZL to help her weave a belt and set the stone in it for BG; but at this, BG once again had a peculiar look in his eye. He asked HZ not to tell anyone their relationship-not even ZL- saying that he didn’t want the Heavenly Queen Mother to find out and punish them.Although puzzled, HZ agreed to keep it a secret. BG hugged her and smiled strangely……

It was LingYee’s third meeting with Wong, and he happily showed her the papers on which he’d practiced writing her name. LingYee admired them and said he’d improved a lot. A gust of wind blew the papers out of Wong’s grasp, and he scrambled hurriedly to retrieve them. LingYee asked him why he was so anxious, and he started to say it was because the papers had her name on them; but stopped last minute and said that it was because he’d practiced hard and luckily, the papers didn’t fly into the river. LingYee blushed and smiled. Then, she told him how she once fell into the river, but was rescued. Tentatively, Wong asked her if she knew who it was, but LingYee said no.However she praised her rescuer and said that she’d love to be able to find him. Wong’s face grew warm……

NL returned home to discover that his parents had arranged his marriage with LingYee. Alarmed, he wondered what to do. Officer Kong also gave LingYee her mother’s bracelet, saying she was to marry NL. LingYee held the bracelet and thought sadly of Wong. In the weaving factory, the weavergirls were admiring the wedding cloth. ZL passed by and happily thought that NL was going to marry her, but was shocked to hear the truth from the workers. She rushed to find NL to find a solution. Unfortunately, Lung and his wife overheard them, and led Lady Ling to their meeting-place. Lady Ling arrived just in time to hear ZL suggest elope, and was instantly angry. She told NL to stay away from ZL and asked him what was wrong with LingYee that he wouldn’t marry her. NL replied that besides ZL,he’d marry nobody else.At this,ZL smiled. Lady Ling brought her son home, hoping to knock some sense into his head.

Meanwhile Lung wanted NL to leave the Ling household, and decided to help unite the lovers and persuade them to elope. NL left the Lings for a few days, leaving a letter in Lung’s hand to give to ZL. Unfortunately, Lung bumped into Lady Ling and was forced to give up the letter. Lady Ling, incensed, threw ZL out of the Ling household and told her that NL had left her and agreed to the marriage. Distressed, ZL went to find HZ and her friend brought her to BG’s temple so that they could all think of a plan. BG thought of an idea: he told ZL to look for the Snow Sand on the peak of Ice Mountain, and breathe some of her Heavenly Essence into it to mold it into a figure representing herself. Then if she sneaked into Yuet Lo’s private garden and tied the red Matchmaking thread around her figure and NL’s, nothing could force both of them apart, not even Heaven. But then, the Snow Sand was a magical lively substance and was very difficult to capture. Moreover, they couldn’t use their magical powers for fear HQM would notice as Ice Mountain was too near Heaven. However, Zik Lui was determined to try.

After much struggle, HZ managed to capture the SnowSand, and ZL immediately blew her Fairy Essence into it. By morning, the SnowSand was molded into a figure of herself, but ZL was too spent to take it to Heaven. HZ took it, promised to do everything for her, and ordered BG to take care of ZL. As soon as she flew off, ZL fainted. BG looked at her,and his heart accelerated and started pumping away. The peculiar look was back.He bent forward to kiss ZL, but stopped himself in alarm.Again the strange voice mocked him, telling him to kiss the beautiful ZL or he’d never have another chance. BG shouted out that he couldn’t go against Heaven and do such a wrong thing, but the voice went on and on. Mercifully, his yells woke ZL up. ZL told him to go see what HZ was doing….

At that moment, LingYee went to find Ngau Long and told him that ZL was kicked out of the Ling household. Alarmed, NL rushed away to find ZL, along with LingYee.

HZ was confused between the many miniature figures in Yuet Lo’s garden. BG arrived and told her to hurry up. BG saw that she was tying the red string around the wrong female figure and started to warn her, when the strange voice told him not to. If he called out, ZL and NL would be together and he’d never have a chance with the beautiful Zik Lui. BG started to fight against the voice, but it was too late: HZ had tied the figure with NL’s image. HZ left hurriedly with BG……

At that moment, LingYee and NL felt a strange electricity in their bodies, and their faces simultaneously turned red. The matchmaking thread was working! They stared at each other………

ZL, waiting for NL, was shocked to see NL and LingYee walking together intimately. She asked him what happened, but NL couldn’t give an adequate reply and only told her he’d see her later. Back at the Ling household, NL told his parents that he agreed to the marriage. Old Man and Lady Ling were overjoyed. Wong, on hearing this, dropped the teatray he was holding…………

to laugh:

May I please use your summaries as well?? They're really good!!

I made a site for this series:

http://legendoflove.freehomepage.com

So can I please add to my site? Of course I will give you 100% full credit Please reply back soon! And thanks for writing these great summaries!!
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

Just take the summaries if you want, MetalWarrior; I'm glad you enjoy them! Thanks for all the motivation

thank you so much!
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

great summaries! Keep up the great work! Can you please put up a cast list with their role name and idol name?
    Come Visit my webpage at: Hk Zone

Currently Watching:
    /TVB/ Angelsof Mission, Lady Fan
    /JUST DONE/ Net Deception, Summer Heat

Cool

chinese calculator = abacus.

I think the plot is getting cheezy with love and all, but the story still sounds interesting. Since this is based on folklore, as long as TVB don't mess up things at the end like having the main couple live together, it will be fine.