Thread: Jet Li dumping first wife

Default Jet Li dumping first wife

This is really old news as it happened in 1990, but I wasn't aware that Jet Li had dumped his wife for his current wife Nina Chi. What have you guys heard about that?
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    This is really old news as it happened in 1990, but I wasn't aware that Jet Li had dumped his wife for his current wife Nina Chi. What have you guys heard about that?
    Wow really? I've seriously never heard of this before.

Edit: Ok, this is from wiki.

In 1987, Li married Beijing Wushu Team member and Shaolin Temple series co-star Huang Qiuyan,[9] with whom he had two daughters. They divorced in 1990, Since 1999, he has been married to Nina Li Chi (born Li Zhi), a Shanghai-born, Hong Kong-based actress. He has two daughters with her as well, Jane (born 2000) and Jada (born 2002).
    Since Wiki is not known for its accuracy, I will wait for any further clarifications.

Divorcing in 1990 and remarrying in 1999 doesn't sound like dumping first wife for Li Zhi.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Wow really? I've seriously never heard of this before.

Edit: Ok, this is from wiki.

Since Wiki is not known for its accuracy, I will wait for any further clarifications.

Divorcing in 1990 and remarrying in 1999 doesn't sound like dumping first wife for Li Zhi.

Can't remember clearly, but he dated Nina in low profile during the early 90's. It was said that Nina lost $10 million in investment and Jet filmed many HK movies to settle her debt.

Regarding his 1st wife, Jet Li said that she was good to him and he doesn't know what is true love back then (indicate that he doesn't love her).

Yes, Jet Li dumped his ex-wife, mother of his daughter, to be be Nina, big jugs, Li. But, that was a long time ago. So what? He's a man not a saint.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Hey it's The Nina Li Chi, ask any man, they all will dump their wife for Nina Li Chi LOL, who don't (j/k)

She is the best thing in Dragon From Russia, check the tattooing scene
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 02-10-09 at 07:56 AM.

The thing is, did he give the first wife and his two daughters from those 2 marriages the proper financial support?

He attributed the failure of his first marriage to being immature and not knowing what love was. Still he fathered two kids pretty fast. I think he was married only for a few years before meeting Nina Li and promptly dumping wife number 1.

The report I read may be biased, but it does seem like he didn't do right by his first wife.

I guess I am a little disappointed in him. I don't blame him for going for Nina Li,but he could have treated his ex and daughters better.

Seriously, I didn't even know Nina and Jet were an item until they got married. Did they ever do a movie together???

But anyhow, I know that Jet's ex is actually his childhood sweetheart. They have been dating when they trained together since young, then were almost in every movie together, like the Shaolin Temple series. I guess being young and impulsive, one never thinks ahead to how the future will be and what kind of personality your spouse must be.

They were bound to break up anyhow due to personality differences, and I am surprised they lasted so long, but Nina could somehow be the catalyst and made it quicker. It's just the way people are - they get sick of one thing after they enjoy it and move onto another.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Jet and Nina met in 1989 while filming some movie. Then he dumped his wife in 1990. They may or may not have been together while they were still together.

I rewatched Jet Li in Shaolin Temple recently (first saw it when I was very young). I don't think his first wife was in that one. Was she in Shaolin Kids?

I am surprised that most of you seemed shocked that Jet Li actually left his first wife and married Nina Li. THose kinds of things happen ALL the time with not just celebs, but normal citizens as well. It seems like it is a normal thing these days for people to marry and divorce and then get married again... That is why when I see someone get married, I always question whether it would last and how long it will last.... Seeing all of the break ups and divorces these days, I guess none of us should be shocked at all.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I am surprised that most of you seemed shocked that Jet Li actually left his first wife and married Nina Li.
    Maybe the shock is there because:

1) The word 'dump' was used.

2) Jet is known to be a really nice guy and good husband, somewhat like a role model.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Maybe the shock is there because:

1) The word 'dump' was used.

2) Jet is known to be a really nice guy and good husband, somewhat like a role model.
    Oh I see.. Thanks for your pointers.... Well, regardless of how nice a guy is, if their marriage doesn't work out then it just doesn't... We don't know the whole story so I guess we can't just blame him....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Well, to shock you more, Sammo Hung dumped his Korean wife (Timmy and Sammy's mum) who was his childhood love to marry his then-mistress, Miss HK winner Joyce Godenzi in the same year.

Kung-fu stars remarrying later in their life are common occurences, since they have less social life when they wereyoung and in heavy training, so they get lonely and marry young without much consideration (usually choosing females training in the same school) and then they fidn out that their spouse isn;t really for them and they look for love elsewhere.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Well, to shock you more, Sammo Hung dumped his Korean wife (Timmy and Sammy's mum) who was his childhood love to marry his then-mistress, Miss HK winner Joyce Godenzi in the same year.

Kung-fu stars remarrying later in their life are common occurences, since they have less social life when they wereyoung and in heavy training, so they get lonely and marry young without much consideration (usually choosing females training in the same school) and then they fidn out that their spouse isn;t really for them and they look for love elsewhere.
    Thanks for the info and I am not that shocked... I mean, not only relationships but marriages can just come and go just like that... I didn't know Sammo Hung's first wife was Korean. No wonder Timmy looks sort of Korean.. When did he dump his first wife and marry his mistress?

I don't know if it only applies to kung fu stars. I think it can happen with anyone... I mean, I was reading some soul called psychic questions and answers and in a lot of cases, people were on their 2nd or 3rd marriage. There was even a case of a women having feelings for another man even after she was married for 35 years!!! WOW, 35 years is a long time....IN another case, there was a mother in law that fell in love with her own son in law.. Gosh, that is really stretching it...

The thing is, did he give the first wife and his two daughters from those 2 marriages the proper financial support?

He attributed the failure of his first marriage to being immature and not knowing what love was. Still he fathered two kids pretty fast. I think he was married only for a few years before meeting Nina Li and promptly dumping wife number 1.

The report I read may be biased, but it does seem like he didn't do right by his first wife.

I guess I am a little disappointed in him. I don't blame him for going for Nina Li,but he could have treated his ex and daughters better.

I think popular rumor suggests that he married his first wife because her father was a big shot and once he rose to fame & met hotter girls, he dumped her. They were cricitizing him for using her as a stepping stone. but then again, it's popular rumor.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 04-30-09 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    I think popular rumor suggests that he married his first wife because her father was a big shot and once he rose to fame & met hotter girls, he dumped her. They were cricitizing him for using her as a stepping stone, sort of like adam cheng & lydia shum. but then again, it's popular rumor.
    It really feels that way, but then again... We don't really know the truth. It is sad and happens with normal citizens too, not just celebrities.. Also, marriage is not always based on love.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Thanks for the info and I am not that shocked... I mean, not only relationships but marriages can just come and go just like that... I didn't know Sammo Hung's first wife was Korean. No wonder Timmy looks sort of Korean.. When did he dump his first wife and marry his mistress?

I don't know if it only applies to kung fu stars. I think it can happen with anyone... I mean, I was reading some soul called psychic questions and answers and in a lot of cases, people were on their 2nd or 3rd marriage. There was even a case of a women having feelings for another man even after she was married for 35 years!!! WOW, 35 years is a long time....IN another case, there was a mother in law that fell in love with her own son in law.. Gosh, that is really stretching it...
    I think it was 94 that Sammo dumped his wife married Joyce. He loved using Joyce in his movies - there was definately something going on before they got married.

Well, I guess long marriages can be hard since there are so many temptations and you really get bored with your long-term spouse. Many people have affections for people other than their spouse. But again, having feelings for another person doesn't not mean that you have to have an affair.
    Cyril Connolly

People in the entertainment industry tends to have more relationship/marriage/divorce than average folks out there. No surprise about all that at all.

People in the entertainment industry are the same as everyone else,except every time they divorce or have a new relationship,it's in the newspaper

What else do you want him to do? He did gave them financial support. In fact, his 2 daughters from the first marriage was always cared for by Li's family. His first wife remarried.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2005-1...nt_3897954.htm
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

Default Jet Li dumping first wife

Hi,

Jet and Nina met on the set of Dragon Fight in 1988. They maintained a secret relationship because Jet was married to Huang Qiu-yan at that time. Jet and Huang divorced in 1990 and he was married to Nina in 1999. Jet Li's lucky to have such a classy lady too.

thanks!!