Thread: Beer / Wine Drinkers

Default Beer / Wine Drinkers

Any beer/wine drinkers here?

I'm an social drinker. I enjoy having a few drinks with my colleagues and friends after a stressful day at work. My favorite beers are Anchor Steam, Kwak (Belgium beer) (image below), Boont amber ale, Old Speckle Hen, and Sierra Neveda pale ale.

what are your favorites?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://lh4.ggpht.com/_tPRh2A31ayU/SDw4y5McMXI/AAAAAAAAAk0/kmP9fo-2oJ8/s720/24052008074.jpg')

Tonight I went to Trader Joe's and picked up a few bottles of Charles Shaw wine. It's only $2 per bottle. So inexpensive!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/canrock_music/Canadian_Ice_Wine.jpg')
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by jay_z View Post
    Any beer/wine drinkers here?

I'm an social drinker. I enjoy having a few drinks with my colleagues and friends after a stressful day at work. My favorite beers are Anchor Steam, Kwak (Belgium beer) (image below), Boont amber ale, Old Speckle Hen, and Sierra Neveda pale ale.

what are your favorites?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://lh4.ggpht.com/_tPRh2A31ayU/SDw4y5McMXI/AAAAAAAAAk0/kmP9fo-2oJ8/s720/24052008074.jpg')

Tonight I went to Trader Joe's and picked up a few bottles of Charles Shaw wine. It's only $2 per bottle. So inexpensive!
    charles shaw only 2 dollar? what year? and was it merlot, chardonnay, or what? dam i hope they still got them for 2 dollars though i am picky when it comes to wine, i only like merlot
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I enjoy the sparkling sweetness of rose white wine. If my memory serves me, the last one I had (Oct last year) should be a french wine of year 2005. It was rather a miracle that I had 2 1/2 glasses before my heartbeat races. I'm a very disciplined drinker, I know when to stop and avoid having to sleep in the streets.

I definitely prefer white wine over red, french over austrialian. I'm always up for cocktails......Banzai!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 02-11-09 at 07:16 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

^ Actually, the Australian Shiraz is a pretty good red, if a tad strong. I generally enjoy reds like Chianti Classico, Pinot Noir and Shiraz, with Riesling being the sole white exception. I'm not terribly picky about vintage.

I also enjoy rum and whisky, and most cocktails, but I don't like beer.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    ^ Actually, the Australian Shiraz is a pretty good red, if a tad strong. I generally enjoy reds like Chianti Classico, Pinot Noir and Shiraz, with Riesling being the sole white exception. I'm not terribly picky about vintage.

I also enjoy rum and whisky, and most cocktails, but I don't like beer.
    It's been quite a while, I missed those splendid Martini cocktails . Whisky is nice. A nicely done cocktail with Gin and Baileys cream is .

I tried draft Beer once. It was this Irish draught beer but I forgot the name. Thick, bitter, overbearing and.....yucks!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 02-11-09 at 07:27 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    charles shaw only 2 dollar? what year? and was it merlot, chardonnay, or what? dam i hope they still got them for 2 dollars though i am picky when it comes to wine, i only like merlot
    Does the year matter in this case? We are talking about wines that ONLY cost $2 a bottle! Nonetheless these wines are decent tasting. To satisfy your curiosity, the Merlot was bottled in 2006, Shiraz and the Cabernet Sauvignon in 2007. I only drink red wines.

For ladies or guys that prefer sweet wines (can't drink strong wines), try Lo Duca Reggiano Lambrusco, under $15.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.badgerwest.com/images/LoDucaReggianoLambrusco750M.jpg')

I like Hoegaarden, but I don't mind the "standard" stuff: Heiniken, Becks, Carlsberg, Corona etc.
    I don't drink wine.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    I pretty much stick to merlot too. It's the only type that doesn't upset my stomache. Most other types give me terrible heartburn. Does anyone else experience this?

For beer, I prefer lager. My favorite is Molson Canadian. I really liked how it's done in Germany where each town seems to have its own brewery. You just order by type (pilsener, lager, ale) rather than brand name.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

Bass Pale Ale, Newcastle Brown Ale, Samuel Adams and Corona.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_z View Post
    Does the year matter in this case? We are talking about wines that ONLY cost $2 a bottle! Nonetheless these wines are decent tasting. To satisfy your curiosity, the Merlot was bottled in 2006, Shiraz and the Cabernet Sauvignon in 2007. I only drink red wines.

For ladies or guys that prefer sweet wines (can't drink strong wines), try Lo Duca Reggiano Lambrusco, under $15.
    I was taught that wine beyond 3 years of storage will have an influence in the taste. Not sure any wine beyond 5 years you can still get them at such bargain?