Thread: Why was Teen San Tung Lo so bent on making Hui Juk break his Buddhist commandments?

Default Why was Teen San Tung Lo so bent on making Hui Juk break his Buddhist commandments?

While they traveled together during DGSD, Teen San Tung Lo seemed bent on forcing Hui Juk to break his Buddhist commandments. I can understand her making him break the killing commandment: she needed him, after all, to be her uber-powerful bodyguard against her enemies (particularly Lee Chou Sui). Beyond that, however, I didn't see the point of her forcing him to break the meat-eating commandment and the sexual relationships commandment. What did Teen San Tung Lo have to gain by making Hui Juk a Buddhist sinner?

Nothing. She was just a *****, and he pissed her off by talking about Buddhist rules this and Buddhist rules that. That's why she made him violate all of his commandments.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Reflecting back upon this point, I think the Child Elder didn't mess with Hui Juk and lead him into multiple temptations *just* to be sadistic. I think she was actually trying to make a point to him and show him his own hypocrisy and how, by clinging so tightly to his Buddhist ethics, he was actually guilty of the cardinal "sin" of Buddhism: being unable to let go. For someone who claimed to be a devout Buddhist, Hui Juk demonstrated difficulty letting go of the idea of sinfulness.

In some ways, Child Elder was a very generous benefactor to Hui Juk - giving him not only martial arts and authority in wulin, but also the love of his life and a new perspective beyond his Buddhist hangups.

Just for fun.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Yeah, based on how the novel portrayed it, it really did seem like she did it just to screw with him. No ulterior, deep hidden motive.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!