Thread: I know that there are a lot of threads like this...

Unhappy I know that there are a lot of threads like this...

Hi! I'm new. I have looked in this forum before, but a lot of the threads are specific. Anyway, to my question. Can anyone please suggest some good Japanese/Korean shows? I'll watch pretty much anything, but I probably won't watch anything that is about people in like the 1800s or something like that. It doesn't have to be new. I'd really appreciate it and I'm sorry that there is another thread asking for television show suggestions. These are the shows that I've seen:

Hana Yori Dango 1, 2, Movie
    Full House
    My Lovely Samsoon
    As You Wish (I think this was the name - I have different names where I live)
    click to show/hide spoilers
    This is about the man who likes a rich girl and he has a brain tumor, right?

Princess Hours (wasn't there supposed to be a second season or was that Goong S?)
    Attic Cat
    click to show/hide spoilers
    This is the one where the guy is super rich and he ends up living together with some girl, but they don't want to? Ugh, I'm not good at describing it. Sorry. She had a garden on the roof right?

I have seen some of Gokusen, but I'm not really interested in watching it.
    Meteor Garden (I know it isn't Japanese/Korean, but I'm up for other shows that aren't Japanese/Korean)

Anyway, I'd appreciate it for replies! Sorry if I've wasted your time.

it seems like you like happy shows. but if you want to watch a really sad drama you should check out Stairway to Heaven. People say it's the most saddest romance drama they watched. Perfect for valentines

^ Stairway to Heaven is a pathetic piece of work.

For dramas, I suggest:

Japanese - Love Revolution, Over Time, Koori no sekai (Ice World), Long Vacation, Hero

Korean - Rude Women
    玉木宏

blog

^^ I beg to differ. You're in the minority.

@ AngelsTale:

From yesasia:

Stairway to Heaven redefines Korean Dramas with a touching plot, vivid characters, a sublime soundtrack, and its own undeniably unique innovations. Many American fans have cited this drama as the single reason they became addicted to Korean Dramas in the first place! In official requests to YesAsia.com, Stairway to Heaven was far and away the most-requested drama, garnering over 50% of the vote. The fans have spoken!

Read the yesasia user reviews. Over 400 people gave reviews and it has an average of 4.5/5 stars.

^ I have seen Stairway to Heaven and it was a piece of crap. It's well-known that Kim Tae Hee can't act and Choi Ji Woo is nothing but a crying queen. The storyline was poor and the characters unrealistic. Sure, it was a rage in South Korea and elsewhere, but it doesn't detract from the fact that it's terrible. And just because Yesasia says it's good doesn't mean it is. Of course they'd say it's good to rake in the sales. Kinda naive of you to use that as a mark of quality, but if you want to watch crap shows, who am I to stop you?
    Last edited by junny; 02-14-09 at 05:33 PM.
    玉木宏

blog

^ well just because you say it isn't don't mean it ain't good. plus i was mainly referring to the customer ratings. over 400 of them. heck, i don't even like modern dramas. i think they are boring compared to the ancient ones. so it takes something special for me to watch them. what's crap in your eyes could be a treasure in another's. and what's great in your eye's could be crap to others.

Thank you for the suggestions! I guess I do like happy shows, but I'm up for anything really. If anyone has anymore suggestions please post!
    R.I.P. Nick, Bobby, Joey. I love you!
    I feel like this gives me away.
    I hope not.

If you like love stories and poker, All-In is a great series to watch. There is lot of action in it as well. That was one of the first korean series i've watched and one of my favorites amongst the korean modern dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    If you like love stories and poker, All-In is a great series to watch. There is lot of action in it as well. That was one of the first korean series i've watched and one of my favorites amongst the korean modern dramas.
    I love the OST. Lee Byung Hung is a bit short and not particularly good-looking but he seems to have presence. The ending is just so sweet ( I had to fast forward the middle part ).

Bah the fast forwarding part The show manages to stay interesting throughout the whole run. The pacing was great.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

If you enjoyed All-In, then you will like Tazza. Other worth mentioned K-series:

- Thank you
    - Beethoven
    - I'm Sorry I Love you
    - Lovers
    - Goong

Bah the fast forwarding part The show manages to stay interesting throughout the whole run. The pacing was great.

Ohhh, you have a bad case of Korean dramatitis... my best friend's diagnosis of my headache after watching Dae Jang Geum in two weeks. If you haven't watch fantasy couple, try it. It was hilarious, except for the middle part.

or try watching Jumong straight. 81 episodes i'm not too much into modern dramas, but if i am, i'm more into the serious ones. don't like modern comedy dramas I saw Full House and thought that was only 'meh'.