Thread: Something strange, in the neighbourhood! >_<

Default Something strange, in the neighbourhood! >_<

Does this title ring a bell?

Sure it does! It's from the lyrics of the famous Ghostbusters.

Now, with that, I ask you to share your biazzare experiences, any strange encounter, creepy moment or....direct encounter with the ones from the 3rd dimensional. Do you have any? Or, do you even believe in them? Share with us! I have a few, but right now, I can't remember any.

For now, hasta la vista, amigos and amigas! *vanishes*
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 02-18-09 at 09:34 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Once when my grandfather was around 17 he was riding his bike at night. As he was riding past a cementary he thought he felt something hit his leg. He peddled faster but it wouldn't go away. Finally when he got home he took a look at his bike. The trire was broken and kept hitting him.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

My father used to snore really loudly when he took a nap. When I was 12 he passed away. For a little while after his death, my mother and sister and I would all think we heard him snoring sometimes.

We also used to think we heard our dog whining to be let outside, but then we'd look around and realize the dog was sleeping in his basket or lying at our feet or something.

The mind plays tricks on you.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

One day I returned home and found a virus on my computer.

How did it happen? No one knows.

Who caused it? No one can say.

Could it be...

That someone PJ once pissed off...

has died!

And his spirit poured the virus onto my computer...

For Revenge?

We will never know.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I grew up in a castle and live in a chateau. Stuff happens all the time.
    Can't say what it really is, could be ghosts, could be "energies", could be our minds playing tricks on us.
    They're mostly small occurences that really don't look too interesting or cool when someone describes them - the sudden funny feeling when you're halfway through the corridor and the urge to run or look over your shoulder, dogs refusing to enter certain areas, dramatic and sudden changes in the "aura" of a particular room or place...that sort of thing that can be very easily explained away if you're keen on all that positivist bullshit...;-)
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Here are a few of mine.

When I was about six years old, I woke up to find myself standing in my grandmother's sewing room, in her house about 3km away. I blinked and woke up (for real this time) in my bed. It was very vivid and I still swear that I was actually there.

When I was about fifteen years old, I was with my family on vacation in Florida. When we returned to our hotel one evening, the desk clerk stood up and I had a flash that my grandmother had died. Sure enough, the clerk called my parents over to inform them of an urgent call from home - my grandmother had died.

A few years ago, I was in my backyard with two of my neighbours in the evening when we saw five oval-shaped lights in a V-shape moving very slowly from east to west. I thought someone might be flying a hang-glider at night. When the lights got close to where we were standing, they suddenly shot straight up at an impossible speed and disappeared. Although we had some different perceptions re height and speed, my neighbours and I agreed we had seen an UFO.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

I hear my phone's ring jingle when I go to pee in the bathroom. The first few times I'd run right out to "answer the phone" only to see that it didn't ring. Now I usually ignore any ring I hear when I am at the john... except sometimes it really is ringing LOL. Other times my phone would actually ring from another room or in my bag and I would totally not hear it.

Somehow my mind interprets the water in the pipes in the wall as my phone ring.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

I once slept at my aunty's apartment and it was raining heavily that night I couldn't sleep. Then everytime I peered out the window I always saw a ghostly looking figure. It stood far away in the distance in the street below. It was always looking back me and it wouldn't go away. The figure was *always* there.

When I checked out the figure the following morning I realised it was just a cardboard cut out figure.

I also remember the windows were slightly blurred. That was caused by the rainwater.
    Have you learned to love one another?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    One day I returned home and found a virus on my computer.

How did it happen? No one knows.

Who caused it? No one can say.

Could it be...

That someone PJ once pissed off...

has died!

And his spirit poured the virus onto my computer...

For Revenge?

We will never know.
    PJ writes like Gu Long.

Why does PJ write like Gu Long?

In all the world, who could write like Gu Long?

Only PJ can!

Do you guys believe in ghosts and other strange phenomena? I have never seen ghosts myself but some of my friends claim they have and they are not the type to BS too. But I'm a little skeptical about ghosts. It would be freaky if they do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    PJ writes like Gu Long.

Only PJ can!
    Hey, you screwed up the 3rd line! In true Gu Long form, it should be:

PJ writes like Gu Long.

Because he is PJ!

Only PJ can!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    I once slept at my aunty's apartment and it was raining heavily that night I couldn't sleep. Then everytime I peered out the window I always saw a ghostly looking figure. It stood far away in the distance in the street below. It was always looking back me and it wouldn't go away. The figure was *always* there.

When I checked out the figure the following morning I realised it was just a cardboard cut out figure.

I also remember the windows were slightly blurred. That was caused by the rainwater.
    Yeah shadows and dim lights plus imagination can play some tricks on the mind.

--------

Now I recall a certain incident that may or may not have happened.

When I was young and still in china. One day at dusk as the sky was just turning dark, I was hanging out near an open field with a friend playing some sort of game with clovers, then I THINK I saw a round disk of white light moving in the distance. It kinda moved around low in the sky and then dropped down in the vicinity of a junior high school in the distance. I can't tell whether the light landed on the school or behind it due to my 2D perspective from far away.

To this day I dunno what I saw or even if it was just a dream that I remembered as being real. And I may have even seen nothing special, but as a kid I just didn't know what it was and my mind encoded it as something mysterious.

Perhaps it was a kite with an electric light on it? LOL I used to see kites in the skies all the time. I miss that. Don't see that too often in the City.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner