Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bordertown Wanderer (cont.)

Awesome! Gu Long makes you imagine the breathtaking action without any actual action...

Ok, question: Has Ye Kai reached the level of Li Xunhuan? So when Ye Kai says Xiao Li Fei Dao, does he mean his master only or does he include himself?
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?

Also that cryptic remark in the previous segment about Bai Tianyun not believing that he could be defeated by a stick also... is it leaving a little clue that Ah Fei was somehow also involved in the murder of Bai Tianyun? The plot thickens....

BluLotus, the fact that you fell asleep trying to finish the chapter really surprised me, and all I can do is offer my thanks for your dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    Thanks for the wonderful translation Blulotus! Much appreciated!

Awwww...nice to see Ah Fei making a short appearance here. He's really cool & calm as always. Hope we get to see more of him later.

Ye Kai is really a nosy dude but I do like his humor. I want to see him in action though. Wonder if there will be a showdown btw him and FHX. Not likely I bet...sigh...oh well!
    Ah Fei has changed a lot since his early twenties. He appears to be a lot more friendly and talkative. I think the younger Ah Fei would have just ignored FHX, until Fu attacked first, with Ah Fei killing Fu in retaliation.
    Good site to find movies:
    http://www.rivercay.org

Quote Originally Posted by yeongwee View Post
    Awesome! Gu Long makes you imagine the breathtaking action without any actual action...

Ok, question: Has Ye Kai reached the level of Li Xunhuan? So when Ye Kai says Xiao Li Fei Dao, does he mean his master only or does he include himself?
    There is only 1 XLFD

This plan to use Ah Fei's hand to kill FHX was really masterfuly thought out. Too bad for the villains that Ye Kai saves the day again.
    Good site to find movies:
    http://www.rivercay.org

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

No problem everyone, thanks for reading.

@yeongwee: I believe back in chapter 32, titled "Little Li's Flying Dagger, Ye Kai admitted that he has not even learned 10% of this skill. I had it translated, but I took it off because I found out it has already been done by bliss, he just doesn't have it linked. You have to go to the 2nd to last page in his thread to read it.

And yes, to agree with what Wellesley said, there is only one XLFD. =)

@SkyWalker: Ye Kai really is a great character. XLFD/LTH, LXF, and YK are probably my favorites from Gu Long's novels. Hopefully, Ah Fei will reappear, but I doubt it though.

@Wellesley: Yeah, original plan was to finish it last night/middle of the night and post it up, but it was like 4:00 AM and I just couldn't hang anymore, haha. Plus, I get up at 6:15 AM every morning to wait for the Market to open; the NYSE opens 9:30 AM eastern, I'm in California. I'm a part-time trader so I have to be on top of everything. =P

Hopefully, Zhao DaFang also gets what he deserves...silly FHX, so gulliable.

Plus, I don't really mind staying up to do this. It is my first time reading it so I want to know what's going to happen as much as you guys (and gals, if any are reading). =P

Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley View Post
    Ah Fei has changed a lot since his early twenties. He appears to be a lot more friendly and talkative. I think the younger Ah Fei would have just ignored FHX, until Fu attacked first, with Ah Fei killing Fu in retaliation.
    Yes I agree, the original Ah Fei was hardly calm and collected. If I remember correctly, he was even more wretched and confused about life, women and wine than Fu Hongxue. Once again this story seems to be about the dagger saving the sword...

Quote Originally Posted by BluLotus View Post
    @yeongwee:....
    Thanks for pointing me to the reference... it was so long ago that I could not remember if it had ever been discussed

I haven't been around for a few months and I see a lot has been done on this translation. I hope it picks up again. I have been looking forward to reading this one.

MO SLim

Having finished Tianya, Mingyue, Dao, the direct successor to this book as far as the in-universe chronology goes (although strange, TYMYD was written two years before Bordertown Wanderer), I am intending to finish this translation off as well. Just as a heads up!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

You need/should talk to Bliss (he's on the facebook group as well) to coordinate things. He got some drafts of chapters afaik.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    You need/should talk to Bliss (he's on the facebook group as well) to coordinate things. He got some drafts of chapters afaik.

Han Solo
    Rens a machine... dont stop a good thing hans... hahaha
    hey Ren when u gona finish your noval bro... i kinda like your noval... probebly more then other wuxia ive read.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post

Han Solo
    I think this current continuation of the translation already passed my drafts. Go for it RWX!
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Default BorderTown Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Having finished Tianya, Mingyue, Dao, the direct successor to this book as far as the in-universe chronology goes (although strange, TYMYD was written two years before Bordertown Wanderer), I am intending to finish this translation off as well. Just as a heads up!
    RWX,

I think you guys might be mistaken the date of Bordertown Wanderer. As far as I remember, this novel was translated into cambodian language in either late 1973 or early 1974.
    There were only 3 Gu Long's novels that were translated into cambodian language
    before 1975 :
    1. Butterfly Sword and Shooting star
    2. 11th son
    3. Bordertown Wanderers.

Bordertown Wanderers is written in 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by chowbeng View Post
    Bordertown Wanderers is written in 1976.
    But it was translated before 1975(before the Khmer Rouge took over Cambodia).
    I'd read at least over 10 times each of these translated novels. And I just lend
    it to my friend. It was reprinted in 1983.
    And the translation was very faithful like just like Bliss's translation.

邊城浪子 first came out in 1972, where it was serialised in Hong Kong, and then published as a book in 1976. 天涯‧明月‧刀 was published in 1974-75.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    邊城浪子 first came out in 1972, where it was serialised in Hong Kong, and then published as a book in 1976. 天涯‧明月‧刀 was published in 1974-75.
    I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    I have enjoyed reading this book and I am very happy to hear that the translation is going to be finished. Thanks very much RWX.

RWX can't wait till you finish this novel i'v been hoping someone would finish it, its such an amazing piece of literature

plz RWX if you read this can you please give us a status update on how far you have translated

THNX

Yeah really starting to look forward to this now...came back to it after reading Horizon, Bright, Moon and read from the beginning again. The story gets very interesting after learning Ye Kai's roots, as well as the appearance of Ah Fei..!